Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,027 members, 7,852,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868314 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
elyasnawabi: Hello everyone!
Even though I am not a Nigerian but have always read and liked this forum, and has helped me a ton.
I am actually from Afghanistan and have submitted my UK visa application in India anyways it has been 21 working days of my application and havent heard anything. The online status is the same from the very first day when I track online that your application has been forwarded to BHC. And I also went to VFS two times but it wasnt there. I have tried calling the BHC and they tell me to send an email to the enquiry email service but it takes them forever to reply, I am totally lost and dont know what to do as my school starts tomorrow. If I dont have an answer during next couple of days I will have to withdraw it otherwise I will lose my job in my home country for being away too long.
Any ideas?
dude don't worry...I am from India and I applied in chennai.it took 27 working days in my case and that was a call for interview .my interview is on 25 th .my class starts at 27.so what I did was informed uni about interview .u can do the same thing.dont worry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
hello peeps , i arrived in uk yesterday...so excited...any Robert gordon uni peeps in the aus or aberdeen?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hey people.....Arrived at uni of Manchester yesterday. Shuoooo shocked Cold wan kill person and winter never start oooo undecided....Anyway so happy to be here kiss.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kiran14: dude don't worry...I am from India and I applied in chennai.it took 27 working days in my case and that was a call for interview .my interview is on 25 th .my class starts at 27.so what I did was informed uni about interview .u can do the same thing.dont worry
Really? So when did you know that you will have to sit an interview, I mean after how many working days?
In my case I don't even know what is happening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
I am in a bit of a confusion about dates of my bank statement and my application. I am looking to apply on the 18th or 19th of September. However, the money held in my account will be for 28 days on 18th of September. So, I can't get the statement before that date. On the 18th, I can print the statement with the balance as at 18 September. However, should I still apply on 18 or should I get the statement on 18 and apply on 19 September?. Is it okay if my application date is on the same day as my closing balance date??.

Thanks for the great forum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
hasano5: I am in a bit of a confusion about dates of my bank statement and my application. I am looking to apply on the 18th or 19th of September. However, the money held in my account will be for 28 days on 18th of September. So, I can't get the statement before that date. On the 18th, I can print the statement with the balance as at 18 September. However, should I still apply on 18 or should I get the statement on 18 and apply on 19 September?. Is it okay if my application date is on the same day as my closing balance date??.

I believe you can apply on 18th if you can get the statement on time. Fix your appointment for 2-3pm. My fund got complete on 22nd August and my appointment is for 19th sep (the 28th day). When is your school's latest date of enrolment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
hasano5: I am in a bit of a confusion about dates of my bank statement and my application. I am looking to apply on the 18th or 19th of September. However, the money held in my account will be for 28 days on 18th of September. So, I can't get the statement before that date. On the 18th, I can print the statement with the balance as at 18 September. However, should I still apply on 18 or should I get the statement on 18 and apply on 19 September?. Is it okay if my application date is on the same day as my closing balance date??.

I believe you can apply on 18th if you can get the statement on time. Fix your appointment for 2-3pm. My fund got complete on 22nd August and my appointment is for 19th sep (the 28th day). When is your school's latest date of enrolment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=hasano5]I am in a bit of a confusion about dates of my bank statement and my application. I am looking to apply on the 18th or 19th of September. However, the money held in my account will be for 28 days on 18th of September. So, I can't get the statement before that date. On the 18th, I can print the statement with the balance as at 18 September. However, should I still apply on 18 or should I get the statement on 18 and apply on 19 September?. Is it okay if my application date is on the same day as my closing balance date??.

quote]
Print your bank statement on the 19th then head to the embassy the same day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello people, which of the oanda conversions do ukba use? Naira to pounds or Pounds to naira?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
moufpeas: hello peeps , i arrived in uk yesterday...so excited...any Robert gordon uni peeps in the aus or aberdeen?

Congratulations!!!!! pls i was asking if your visa was issued in abuja or sheffield?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
anonymous26:

hi, I just wanted to ask was your visa processes in sheffield or abuja?

@anonymous26,its been how many working days now?Mine ws processed @sheffield.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
jubel:

@anonymous26,its been how many working days now?Mine ws processed @sheffield.

I submitted on the 16th of august. That's 21 working days already sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
JideVince:
I believe you can apply on 18th if you can get the statement on time. Fix your appointment for 2-3pm. My fund got complete on 22nd August and my appointment is for 19th sep (the 28th day). When is your school's latest date of enrolment?

If I apply on 19, we have kind of a priority service ( In Bahrain) where you pay a particular amount and you will get a reply in 5 working days which is really good compared to many different countries. So I can expect to get a reply on 26th of September maximum. Latest date to start the course is on 30 September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
hasano5:

If I apply on 19, we have kind of a priority service ( In Bahrain) where you pay a particular amount and you will get a reply in 5 working days which is really good compared to many different countries. So I can expect to get a reply on 26th of September maximum. Latest date to start the course is on 30 September.

The priority service you are talking about is not normally applicable to tier 4 visa applications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
anonymous26:

I submitted on the 16th of august. That's 21 working days already sad

I submitted on the 15th though.Got a text on the 19th working day.Be patient,you would soon hear from them.During my waiting period,I mailed them on the 16th day and their response was my application ws being transferred to sheffield and document still undergoing verification.I should be patient.

So don't worry,be patient.U would soon hear from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
abnot:

The priority service you are talking about is not normally applicable to tier 4 visa applications.

some countries have priority service for tier 4. lucky them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
jubel:

I submitted on the 15th though.Got a text on the 19th working day.Be patient,you would soon hear from them.During my waiting period,I mailed them on the 16th day and their response was my application ws being transferred to sheffield and document still undergoing verification.I should be patient.

So don't worry,be patient.U would soon hear from them.

apparently that's a generic mail that the VFS sends. I emailed sheffield on my 14th day and they replied on the 16th day that they were considering my visa that day. Haven't heard since then. Hopefully I get a text tomorrow In Shaa Allah though. Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Jubel What school are you going to? have you left nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
hasano5:

Alright! Lucky you. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
anonymous26:

apparently that's a generic mail that the VFS sends. I emailed sheffield on my 14th day and they replied on the 16th day that they were considering my visa that day. Haven't heard since then. Hopefully I get a text tomorrow In Shaa Allah though. Thank you very much
Brother I have applied on the 14th and still no news, so seems we are on the same ship.
Fingers crossed for both of us!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
abnot:

Well, I know that it is applicable in my case because I applied using it before. Unfortunately, I was refused that time cry. I hope I get it this time though.

By the way, how is the counting for the 28 days period done??. For example, I have deposited money in my account on 22 August so I will count 22 as day 1 and end it on 18 September which is day 28 or I count 23 August as day 1 until 19 September??. It is shown in my statement that cash deposit date : 22/08/2013. Thanks again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
elyasnawabi:
Brother I have applied on the 14th and still no news, so seems we are on the same ship.
Fingers crossed for both of us!!!!

Where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello everyone,
Please what is referred to as "late application"? I have read through the tier 4 policy guidance and couldn't find any time-frame or information regarding late application. As we know most uni's resume on the 16th and 23rd of september.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
hasano5:

Well, I know that it is applicable in my case because I applied using it before. Unfortunately, I was refused that time cry. I hope I get it this time though.

By the way, how is the counting for the 28 days period done??. For example, I have deposited money in my account on 22 August so I will count 22 as day 1 and end it on 18 September which is day 28 or I count 23 August as day 1 until 19 September??. It is shown in my statement that cash deposit date : 22/08/2013. Thanks again.

Am not sure how it done but when I applied for my last tier 4, I printed the bank statement for 30 days and I got my tier 4. To be on the safe side, I suggest you print your statement from 23rd to 20th and make sure its got an opening and closing balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
hasano5:

Start from 23rd, 19th september is the 28th day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
anonymous26: @Jubel What school are you going to? have you left nigeria?

London School of Commerce.Am resuming on the 24th of Oct.Am still In Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
elyasnawabi:
Really? So when did you know that you will have to sit an interview, I mean after how many working days?
In my case I don't even know what is happening
after 27 working days they informed me you need to attend an interview .where do you applied ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kiran14: after 27 working days they informed me you need to attend an interview .where do you applied ??

I see...
I have applied from chandigarh, India
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Saucy Dolph: Hey people.....Arrived at uni of Manchester yesterday. Shuoooo shocked Cold wan kill person and winter never start oooo undecided....Anyway so happy to be here kiss.
.. Welcm ooooo which hall re u am wit Bibrahim right naw. Seeing ma co nairalander for d first time. So happy. Once again tnks to Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
newtral: .. Welcm ooooo which hall re u am wit Bibrahim right naw. Seeing ma co nairalander for d first time. So happy. Once again tnks to Justwise.

Thank you. Wow....nice. City campus,Whitworth park, thorncliffe, floor 1, flat 25. What hall are u n Bibrahim?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GirlieNtosh: 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
moufpeas: hello peeps , i arrived in uk yesterday...so excited...any Robert gordon uni peeps in the aus or aberdeen?
Wow good to know. I ll be leaving Nigeria next week Sunday to arrive aberdeen on Monday though my school is the university of Aberdeen. So how are you finding aberdeen so far
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Donsly1: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
wow! Thank God. I was issued my visa after 10 working days. I thank justwise and everyone that asked and answered questions on this forum. You guys are really doing a nice job. For someone like me, though, I didn't ask questions, but I read through all the questions asked and answers given. This forum doesn't only provide answers to questions, but also serve as a source of encouragement. You get to know when u're likely going to get a decision, based on comments of those that applied at the same time with you. Once again, I thank justwise, and everyone that contributed on this thread. For those of you still expecting u're Visa, I wish you all good luck and God bless us all. Amen. See ya all in Uk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.