Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866583 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 4:14am On Sep 17, 2013
mj87: hi could anyone tell me about fixed deposit , as i have shown my fixed deposit statement for my visa process and i ask to come down for a personal interview at bhc & yet i hvn't got the schedule for my interview. does anyone know how much they take for scheduling an interview ? i sent them a mail regarding scheduling of interview and telling them tht my course commencement is 23rd of sep..what to do guys? anyone plz

My friennd used fixed deposit and got her visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 4:20am On Sep 17, 2013
sollie001:

Thank God for you o! happy for you!

Thank you very much! success on yours too soon In Shaa Allah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 4:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Be+2012:

My friennd used fixed deposit and got her visa

She must have submitted a regular bank statement too. I did that and they stated the fixed deposit as investment for me. They tell you not to use fixed deposit account. You would be refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 4:23am On Sep 17, 2013
sollie001:

thanks sis! grateful! congratulations for yours! wish you well!

anytime!Thank you very much... wish you well with yours too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 4:27am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=ochukoccna]For those of us who have taken fight already, which airline offers the best baggage allowance vis a vis comfort
Emirates quotes 30kg while Airfrance, Lufthansa and KLM quote 23kg*2 [all for Economy class]
Did any one make excess baggage allowance payment [I really see some crazy prices per excess kilogram]
?

[b]Seems you are numb to the fact that your sponsor's license number is unique?

Emirates is actually 40kg but don't exceed it, and their service is world class. They state 30 but its actually 40. My advice don't go with too many clothes,, u gEt nice and more fashionable ones here.but buy warm clothes in naija oo its cheaper and its Chilly here already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Be+2012][/quote]
^^^^^^^^
Thanks for replying
I don't really need much too much dresses
Would buy the ones I need over there bar jeans
Those are cheaper over here
Went to Amazon and saw most of the jeans 'wey make sense' are in the £60/15,000
Nah,thanks! grin
Have more than enough warm clothes (winter/autumn jackets) though
2 of them along with a duvet I bought pack small weight sha cool
I have scratched out taking Nigerian foodstuff i.e. extra weight tongue
Still looking at ways to lighten my stuff and also eyeing European airlines which offer better lugguage allowance however slight
Does anyone know how one can estimate one's luggage weight before getting to the airport?
Also insights from others about this luggage thing is welcome , very much welcome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:44am On Sep 17, 2013
pantex: Mine is more of a M I R A C L E.
My visa ws processd in just 5 working days or so. I applied in abuja on the 4th sep and ws sent an sms on 12th. Though my interview was a mess cos i answerd som questions wrongly but all my documents are intact. NA JUST GOD OH...
Heading 2 coventry, biotechnology by weekend.
Thanx Justwise.
Wow! Congrats pantex! Might I ask some questions, if you don't mind? When was your fund complete in the account? When did you print the bank statement of account? Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:14am On Sep 17, 2013
sollie001: Hi everyone! hi justwise, I saw 2 missed calls from their 094623200 number. wasn't with my phone when it came. i.ve tried calling back this morning (past 8amm) and it's still sayin they're out of office. When should i call, please? also, what could be the reason for their call?
Did you not sit an interview when you submitted your application at the UKVAC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2013
@ jide, I know you did ask me the above question but PLEASE let your funds await 28 days before you apply
Its almost the 19th (which I believe that is when your funds will mature) cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2013
@ Be+2012, how's life in Sunderland like?
I know you may just got have got in and all that but impressions have already formed
Also are you living on campus or off it
If off, how was your accommodation search like or are you still on it? undecided
I believe your answer is better suited for this thread https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive/33
Holla
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 9:24am On Sep 17, 2013
My visa ws processd in just 5 working days or so. I applied in abuja on the 4th sep and ws sent an sms on 12th. Though my interview was a mess cos i answerd som questions wrongly but all my documents are intact. NA JUST GOD OH...
Thanx Justwise.

wow! thank God for you. applied in Abuja on the 3rd sept still waiting. am going to coventry 2. information technology for management. let God favor us that are still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 9:26am On Sep 17, 2013
damsey:
Am also going 2 Coventry by dis weekend, just keep in touch. Best of luck guys.

tnx Congrats!! safe journey.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2013
Thanx Justwise.

Congratulations!

More good news pls!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2013
@Justwise pls take a look at this scenario. my parents have been in the uk my entire life (i have not) and yes they are legal. can i use my parents' uk bank statement to apply for a student visa here? someone told me i might not get the visa cos ECO will think that when i go to the uk, i will not return after my studies, just because my parents are already there and therefore i will try to change my immigration status after my education. how true is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2013
TonMon: @Justwise pls take a look at this scenario. my parents have been in the uk my entire life (i have not) and yes they are legal. can i use my parents' uk bank statement to apply for a student visa here? someone told me i might not get the visa cos ECO will think that when i go to the uk, i will not return after my studies, just because my parents are already there and therefore i will try to change my immigration status after my education. how true is this?

That is not true, concentrate on meeting the student visa requirements that is what matters most and what your application will be judged on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2013
justwise: [/b]

That is not true, concentrate on meeting the student visa requirements that is what matters most and what your application will be judged on.

so from what you are saying i can ask my parents to print their bank statement and post it to me so that i can use it to apply for the student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:07am On Sep 17, 2013
fiscalcliff: @ jide, I know you did ask me the above question but PLEASE let your funds await 28 days before you apply
Its almost the 19th (which I believe that is when your funds will mature) cool
Lol! Thank you. I would NEVER risk it. Just 2 more days to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2013
TonMon:

so from what you are saying i can ask my parents to print their bank statement and post it to me so that i can use it to apply for the student visa
Better still, ask for the money to be paid in to your personal account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2013
TonMon:

Yes and don't forget to add your birth certificate, your parents data page of their passport will help as well just to leave no stone unturned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2013
JideVince:
Better still, ask for the money to be paid in to your personal account.

That is another idea too but to do that....pay your whole school fees because sending you fees + maintenance money from the UK at once will be almost impossible and will amount to money laundering
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 10:26am On Sep 17, 2013
justwise:

That is another idea too but to do that....pay your whole school fees because sending you fees + maintenance money from the UK at once will be almost impossible and will amount to money laundering

exactly. which is why we are in a bit of a fix
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2013
justwise:

Yes and don't forget to add your birth certificate, your parents data page of their passport will help as well just to leave no stone unturned.

ok thanks. but the problem is m parents dont want to risk it because of what they are hearing from ''trusted sources''. hence they donot want to risk wasting the money and not getting the visa. is there any other alternative?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2013
TonMon:

ok thanks. but the problem is m parents dont want to risk it because of what they are hearing from ''trusted sources''. hence they donot want to risk wasting the money and not getting the visa. is there any other alternative?
Maybe the "trusted sources" could suggest the best thing to do, or what do you think? 'Cos I doubt there is an alternative, except you can get someone else pay the fund into your account from Nigeria here then your parent would pay them back in systematic instalments.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2013
JideVince:
Maybe the "trusted sources" could suggest the best thing to do, or what do you think? 'Cos I doubt there is an alternative, except you can get someone else pay the fund into your account from Nigeria here then your parent would pay them back in systematic instalments.

ok 10x.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2013
ochukoccna:
^^^^^^^^
Thanks for replying
I don't really need much too much dresses
Would buy the ones I need over there bar jeans
Those are cheaper over here
Went to Amazon and saw most of the jeans 'wey make sense' are in the £60/15,000
Nah,thanks! grin
Have more than enough warm clothes (winter/autumn jackets) though
2 of them along with a duvet I bought pack small weight sha cool
I have scratched out taking Nigerian foodstuff i.e. extra weight tongue
Still looking at ways to lighten my stuff and also eyeing European airlines which offer better lugguage allowance however slight
Does anyone know how one can estimate one's luggage weight before getting to the airport?
Also insights from others about this luggage thing is welcome , very much welcome

Ebay is better uld find cheap 'jeans' but you have to be careful of scam. Pay with PayPal so you can get your money back if there's any
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2013
Just got my passport my visa was actually issued on the 11th. Thank God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2013
anonymous26: Just got my passport my visa was actually issued on the 11th. Thank God

Congrats, how were you informed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2013
anonymous26: Just got my passport my visa was actually issued on the 11th. Thank God

Hello @anonymous26, was your visa issued in abuja or sheffield? In addition, did you apply in abuja or lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pantex: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2013
JideVince:
Wow! Congrats pantex! Might I ask some questions, if you don't mind? When was your fund complete in the account? When did you print the bank statement of account? Thanks!
my money reachd 28 days on d 4th sep, i printed it dat same day and i attended d interview dat same day (4th sep). But mak sure ur statement hv an opening and closing date and d money must b complete. Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zobalaw: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
abnot:

Where did you apply? abuja, ikeja or lekki?
i applied at lekki..got it today..am so happy!!!I really thank God and everybody dat contributed and encouraged us.Aberdeen, Here I come...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
zobalaw:
i applied at lekki..got it today..am so happy!!!I really thank God and everybody dat contributed and encouraged us.Aberdeen, Here I come...

Congrats man. Was it issued at abuja or sheffield?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
My status has changed to "processed passport is in Transit to the UK visa operation center"

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.