Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866938 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2013
jennyfar:

Not yet, I just got in touch with the school. They said they will get back to me by the end of the day
Okay. If your fund is still intact, you have to pay more of the tuition fee to your school. Going by today's rate 3m = 11,468.7GBP but you need 11,700.If you pay the difference to the account, then you'll wait another 28 days! Best thing is to Pay like 600-1000GBP to the school and collect an updated CAS or receipt, just ensure it's not taken from the fund already in the bank. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2013
justwise:

Congratulations! really happy for you and others who got theirs, you are actually lucky to get it this quick considering that you applied on the 29th

Thanks a lot justwise, yea very quick I think it actually took 11 working days and not 13days cuz the date on it is 13sept, though I was called to pick it up yday. They didn't return my bank statement but I just printed out a new one from the bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2013
elyasnawabi:
My course already started on the 16th sad but I have mailed my university for extension and have no replies yet.

When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2013
JideVince:
Did you not sit an interview when you submitted your application at the UKVAC?

o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2013
justwise:

When did you apply?
14th of August, I had thought I am given it enough time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2013
princessmoi: I just picked up my passport, applied on the 29th of August and received it today, 13 working days. Special thanks to justwise for all the help you are really doing a wonderful job. God will continue to bless you, ur kids and grand kids. Amen! Thank you so very much, and to all those who helped in answering my questions i say thank u, to those waiting please be patient you shall share the good news with us. A dream of many years has finally come through.Justwise kiss kiss kiss kiss

Congrats!!! You applied in lekki right?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by yemstar1: 11:12am On Sep 18, 2013
justwise:

Another 29th good news, congratulations! which uni are you heading to?

Thank you once again, the uni is Oxford Brookes University.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2013
For students coming to newcastle universitu or northumbria university; ask any questions on settling in properly and I could be of assistance must especially flight.
I am based in Newcastle.

Cheers to all those resuming or have resumed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2013
sollie001:

of course i sat for. i was interviewed
Okay. Were you able to get the interview scheduled?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2013
justwise:

Have you paid the fees and get the CAS?

Not yet. we just want to make sure everything is in the right place before we make any move
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2013
TonMon:

Not yet. we just want to make sure everything is in the right place before we make any move

I'm guessing that you are looking at next yr admission season? Paying the whole school will go along way to convince the ECO that your parent will not waste such amount of money if the real intention is not schooling. In other categories of visas the fear may come into picture but in your case i don't see any risk in it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
JideVince:
Okay. Were you able to get the interview scheduled?

n
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TonMon: 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
justwise:

I'm guessing that you are looking at next yr admission season? Paying the whole school will go along way to convince the ECO that your parent will not waste such amount of money if the real intention is not schooling. In other categories of visas the fear may come into picture but in your case i don't see any risk in it.

yes i'm looking at next yr admission season. 10x for the assurance though. The problem is we dont have enough money to pay for the whole year and still have enough for the maintenance requirement at the moment. our fear here isnt that i might be seen as an illegitimate student. the real fear is that i might not get the visa because the ECO might think i might not come back AFTER my education since my whole family is in the uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Does any 1 know any reliable number I can use to get in touch with the visa app centre in Abuja, I have been trying to reach them all to no avail..thanks..btw who else is applying there/has applied recently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
sollie001:

no. they told me to expect another call this week.
Okay, all the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
philni055: For students coming to newcastle universitu or northumbria university; ask any questions on settling in properly and I could be of assistance must especially flight.
I am based in Newcastle.

I'll be coming to Newcastle Uni next week hopefully. I have accommodation already but I want to know my best route from Heathrow to NU. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
It depends on gow much you are willing to spend on ticket. I would advise you use either BA emirate, klm, air france. Note emirate is okay if u dont v a liggage more than 30kg and 7kg hand luggage

Using BA you ll be connected to newcastle intl airport from london. If you use emirate or qatar you ll chamge over in dubai or doha.

If you us virgin or arik you ll get to london quicker (6hrs) but a train or coach to newcastle will be 6-7hrs. If you are to fly a dkmestic flight you may be charged for your luggage.

So be wise and book your ticket from Lagos to newcastle so u dont have tk worry about your luggage until u land in newcastle.

humble_dove:
I'll be coming to Newcastle Uni next week hopefully. I have accommodation already but I want to know my best route from Heathrow to NU. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
j
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
Deolu_1993: Does any 1 know any reliable number I can use to get in touch with the visa app centre in Abuja, I have been trying to reach them all to no avail..thanks..btw who else is applying there/has applied recently?

094622200. Call between 10am and 12pm from Mon to Thur, and between 9am and 11am on Friday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
princessmoi: I just picked up my passport, applied on the 29th of August and received it today, 13 working days. Special thanks to justwise for all the help you are really doing a wonderful job. God will continue to bless you, ur kids and grand kids. Amen! Thank you so very much, and to all those who helped in answering my questions i say thank u, to those waiting please be patient you shall share the good news with us. A dream of many years has finally come through.Justwise kiss kiss kiss kiss

Congrats @princessmoi . Did you apply in ikeja or lekki?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
abnot:

Congrats @princessmoi . Did you apply in ikeja or lekki?

Thank you abnot. No i applied in Gambia and it was processed in Ghana. It took 11 working days but i got it yday. Have you received yours already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
sollie001: just got a call now--one week after the previous call--that I should attend an interview on Monday at the deputy bhc in Lagos.
best of luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
princessmoi:

Thank you abnot. No i applied in Gambia and it was processed in Ghana. It took 11 working days but i got it yday. Have you received yours already?

Na I only applied last week. LoL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
abnot:

Na I only applied last week. LoL

No worries dear you will get it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Guyz my status got updated this evening to "your application is being sent to the application center, please wait until ready for collection". I am so happy I hope I have a got a visa on my passport, finally the wait has been over. Thanks this to forum and the lovely people posting here every time I read this forum it gave me an encouragement.
I will update you guyz soon when I collect my documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
k-solo2013:
mz-enna how u doing now in bristol and have u got a place yet i hope ?whats ur bb pin if u got one
Please anyone going to Northampton Uni or Uni of Buckingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
jennyfar:

Not yet, I just got in touch with the school. They said they will get back to me by the end of the day
Jennyfar, what school did you apply to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by humbledove: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
philni055: It depends on gow much you are willing to spend on ticket. I would advise you use either BA emirate, klm, air france. Note emirate is okay if u dont v a liggage more than 30kg and 7kg hand luggage

Using BA you ll be connected to newcastle intl airport from london. If you use emirate or qatar you ll chamge over in dubai or doha.

If you us virgin or arik you ll get to london quicker (6hrs) but a train or coach to newcastle will be 6-7hrs. If you are to fly a dkmestic flight you may be charged for your luggage.

So be wise and book your ticket from Lagos to newcastle so u dont have tk worry about your luggage until u land in newcastle.

Okay. Thanks a lot for d info. I'll consider the options the moment I'm ready to purchase a ticket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Does anybody know what is the latest date to show up for a course that started on 16th September? University of South Wales
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
philni055: For students coming to newcastle universitu or northumbria university; ask any questions on settling in properly and I could be of assistance must especially flight.
I am based in Newcastle.

just got the sms to pick up my packet at the embassy this evening but I'll be coming to Newcastle (Northumbria University) by 27th. Booked already with KLM, stopover at Amsterdam
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
abnot:

The sms notification is unreliable. Continue tracking it online. Once it is ready for collection, you will see it online. Afterwards, you can go pick it up
got the sms this evening before i could check the status online but I'm already out of town, will pick it up hopefully by Friday... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wise move and congrats on ur visa. Have you sorted oit accommodation and airport pickup?

You can bring some african food that can sustain you for sometime but you can get african food in newcastle. If you have any worries you can ask.

Congrats and welcome to newcastle

Debby D:
just got the sms to pick up my packet at the embassy this evening but I'll be coming to Newcastle (Northumbria University) by 27th. Booked already with KLM, stopover at Amsterdam

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.