Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866885 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
abnot:

@jennyfar The oanda currency converter keeps records of exchange rates of more than a year. Regardless of the 249.95 written on your letter, The exchange rate for september 4th was 257.07. Find attached the conversion of 11,700 for september 4 below.

Lastly, do you mind taking a snapshot of your refusal notice and placing here on nairaland?
I think the mistake is that she probably used the pounds selling rate for that day instead of the buying rate. When you sell pounds, you get lower and otherwise when you buy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
Debby D: i submitted my application on 3rd Sept and today is the 10th working day and my status changed today to "processed passport is in transit to the UK Visa Operation Center".... how soon should I be expecting my call/text?

Tomorrow, defo!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
JideVince:
Tomorrow, defo!

tx bro... nervous tho embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
jennyfar:

I just did, thank you. Do I have to reapply with a new account statement if I pay the rest of the fees?

First of all, you should apply for a new cas from your school urgently.
Secondly, you should pay more money to your school so they can show a higher amount on your cas. This is because, if you pay more money into your account, you will need to wait for another 28 days and I assume time is not on your side.

Lastly, take note of the oanda currency converter for the date you intend to apply. Use the naira to pounds conversion option
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
Debby D: i submitted my application on 3rd Sept and today is the 10th working day and my status changed today to "processed passport is in transit to the UK Visa Operation Center".... how soon should I be expecting my call/text?

Be optimistic. where did you apply? abuja, ikeja or lekki?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
Debby D:

tx bro... nervous tho embarassed
All izz well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
abnot:

Be optimistic. where did you apply? abuja, ikeja or lekki?
applied in Ikeja... jst wanna be sure cos i'm go'n b out of town 2mao and not coming bak til weekend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys i just wanted to find out, is it possible to use the hand written version of the personal details form for the application vs the online version as i am having difficulty with knowing how to structure my answerr for the travelling history section,I dont seem to be able to fit it all my travel history into the page available. How can i go around this? Help guys!!!thanks

Not at all. Your completed form gives a bar code which im sure is very essential. What i did was i put all the dates i has travelled together and just wrote the country. Still couldn't fit some in so i shortened the countries like instead of Canada i used CA Netherlands i used ND Etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Debby D:
applied in Ikeja... jst wanna be sure cos i'm go'n b out of town 2mao and not coming bak til weekend

The sms notification is unreliable. Continue tracking it online. Once it is ready for collection, you will see it online. Afterwards, you can go pick it up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2013

Should be able to get it tomorrow. Mine changed to that around 3 yest and by 9 ish when i checked it said i should pick it up was already on my way to the vfs when i got a text
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Not at all. Your completed form gives a bar code which im sure is very essential. What i did was i put all the dates i has travelled together and just wrote the country. Still couldn't fit some in so i shortened the countries like instead of Canada i used CA Netherlands i used ND Etc[/quote]
Thanks..but don't ou need to to also add the duration of stay for each travel and the purpose of the travel?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
anonymous26:

Not at all. Your completed form gives a bar code which im sure is very essential. What i did was i put all the dates i has travelled together and just wrote the country. Still couldn't fit some in so i shortened the countries like instead of Canada i used CA Netherlands i used ND Etc
Thanks..but don't you need to also add the duration of stay for each travel and the purpose of the travel?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by veyo56: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hi everyone, just wanted to thank everyone on the forum especially u guys that answered my questions. U guys made the wait for my visa bearable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
k-solo2013:
mz-enna how u doing now in bristol and have u got a place yet i hope ?whats ur bb pin if u got one
Anyone going to Northampton or University of Buckingham University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pantex: 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
jennyfar:

I'm a bit nervous cause I've been seeing other people's status as processed passport is on transit to... I applied on the 4th at Lekki so I'm also a bit shocked at the response time. I pray for good news

was shockd 2 but is real,am a living witness dear. Applied on d 4th sep in abj and got it afta 5 workng days. Ur visa is assured. CONGRATS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
I applied on the 9th of September. after been refused visa. Now am seeing the conversion rates... i just hope and believe am on the safe side. My Maintenance fee was more than 7200 pounds. About 2.5million saved in my father's account. i just hope this covers the maintenance fee they request me to show. my calculation shows 9600 pounds when i converted it. i just hope i get good news... I need to give my own testimony too.... prayer............
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 1:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Lol dis wait issue cant wait for it to end, so i can share my own testimony, but am beginning to get scared of dis conversion rate of a tin. God dey sha!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 2:22am On Sep 18, 2013
abnot:

The sms notification is unreliable. Continue tracking it online. Once it is ready for collection, you will see it online. Afterwards, you can go pick it up
imma keep tracking then, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 2:24am On Sep 18, 2013
anonymous26:

Should be able to get it tomorrow. Mine changed to that around 3 yest and by 9 ish when i checked it said i should pick it up was already on my way to the vfs when i got a text
just checked now and it's still in transit, will just keep checking... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 7:24am On Sep 18, 2013
Anyone applying at ikeja soon? I'd like to know the available dates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2013
TonMon:

ok thanks. but the problem is m parents dont want to risk it because of what they are hearing from ''trusted sources''. hence they donot want to risk wasting the money and not getting the visa. is there any other alternative?

Have you paid the fees and get the CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2013
elyasnawabi: @ justwise... I have submitted mine in India and today makes it 23 working days, I don't know what's happening. I have read your posts you are the hero of this forum, what does your experience say in my case?

Yes it does take longer now because its a rush period, one thing is certain....they will not hold your passport beyond necessary period, they know when your course is stating and will not hold your passport beyond that date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GirlieNtosh: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2013
zobalaw:
i am also looking foward to studying at the university of aberdeen..i applied for my visa on the 26th august...today makes it 15 working days and am rilly not at ease,..my status hasn't changed yet but my fingers are crossed. you guys are doing a great job here..

@zobalaw so how far have you gotten your visa now? When do u intend going to aberdeen and what course are will you be studying for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2013
princessmoi: I just picked up my passport, applied on the 29th of August and received it today, 13 working days. Special thanks to justwise for all the help you are really doing a wonderful job. God will continue to bless you, ur kids and grand kids. Amen! Thank you so very much, and to all those who helped in answering my questions i say thank u, to those waiting please be patient you shall share the good news with us. A dream of many years has finally come through.Justwise kiss kiss kiss kiss

Congratulations! really happy for you and others who got theirs, you are actually lucky to get it this quick considering that you applied on the 29th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2013
yemstar1: This forum has been really insightful, read through almost all the pages. I got my VISA today, I applied on the 29th of Aug at Lekki, status changed yesterday 16th September. I wanna say a big thank you to the moderator (@Justwise) and everyone that has contributed. God bless!!!

Another 29th good news, congratulations! which uni are you heading to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2013
jennyfar: Guys it was a refus, they said I didn't have the required level of funds, that I had 3,000,001.48 which amounts to 11,670 at an exchange rate of 249.95, and dat I ought to have 11,700. 3,000,001.48 at an exchange rate of 249.95 is 12002.40, even if they had used 251 which I used, the money was still more than enough. There is room for review tho, maybe the blockhead that calculated it will realise his/her mistake cause I don't see myself paying over 80k again for this.

Pls, do i have to go to the embassy to submit the review notice? Is there any thing to be submitted with the notice

What was the exchange rate the day you submitted your application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2013
jennyfar: Anyone applying at ikeja soon? I'd like to know the available dates
I'm applying tomorrow at Ikeja. Do you have your new CAS ready?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2013
jubel: @Justwise,pls kindly respond to this question.My fiancee applied for tier4 student visa without requesting for a new Cas from his school.He used the same Cas he was refused with because he didn't know he was to request for a new Cas when he made application.

The school called him to forget about it because he would be refused again.We have been praying and fasting since then o.Today,he received his visa.God truely answers prayers.

My question is,would this Cas stand against him @point of entry?Pls respond

No, he shouldn't have prob at the POE because of the CAS, he will be fine. Tell him to email the school to inform them that he has been issued a visa so as to keep his admission active
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2013
JideVince:
I'm applying tomorrow at Ikeja. Do you have your new CAS ready?

Not yet, I just got in touch with the school. They said they will get back to me by the end of the day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2013
justwise:

Yes it does take longer now because its a rush period, one thing is certain....they will not hold your passport beyond necessary period, they know when your course is stating and will not hold your passport beyond that date.
My course already started on the 16th sad but I have mailed my university for extension and have no replies yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2013
Congrats to everyone who has received their visa.we pray to be like you guys soon smiley

All my Manchester uni people that has traveled, how is the orientation and fresher's week going so far. How is everyone settling in? I'm expecting my own good news soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eminado: 9:48am On Sep 18, 2013
Hmmn this waiting period is stressful, since 3pm yesterday its been saying 'processed passport on transit" unlike my first application where it changed by 9pm and i also got a text. I don't know if i should go to the vfs centre ikeja and ask in person??

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.