Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864662 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
spikesC:

It's all good.
Yes, am also at Medway. The environment is quite good. A bit countryside and a bit urban.
It's not as busy as London but night life is good.
It's a student area, as there're 3 universities and 2 colleges around here, so there would never be a dull moment wink

I haven't forgotten ofcourse wink
Will be waiting for her majesty

thats nice @spikesC i will also be at medway campus in january,do you think i can commute from london to the university daily as my wife lives in london and will want to stay with her,if thats not possible can one get a short stay accomodation where i can stay just monday to friday and go home weekends.thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
pato231:

thats nice @spikesC i will also be at medway campus in january,do you think i can commute from london to the university daily as my wife lives in london and will want to stay with her,if thats not possible can one get a short stay accomodation where i can stay just monday to friday and go home weekends.thanks bro

Yes it's possible, but solely depends on your capability.
If you can get to the Greenwich campus easily, they have a school bus that goes from there to Medway regularly. Though you'll have to compare your timetable and the departure times of the bus.

Or, you can go by train easily to the Gillingham station. Though you'll have to take a 35mins walk down to school or take a bus.

Yes, you can get such rooms but it's very few and most times it's the same cost as a normal rental
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
tewguy: Hi guys! Any idea about cheap flight to Birmingham? Heard I have to book a return ticket too. Any advice?

The last I checked Emirate is quite cheap to Birmingham but longer travel time and lower baggage when compared to lufthansa and klm.
Lufthansa is cheaper than klm though....depends on the departure date.
Am going to Birmingham also.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
tewguy: Hi guys! Any idea about cheap flight to Birmingham? Heard I have to book a return ticket too. Any advice?

The last I checked Emirate is quite cheap to Birmingham but longer travel time and lower baggage when compared to lufthansa and klm.
Lufthansa is cheaper than klm though....depends on the departure date.
Am going to Birmingham also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thanks to @justwise @spikesc and everyone on this thread.
You all kept me strong and going with your posts all thru the long wait. Finally got my visa from teleperformance today since 21st of August.
I wish others waiting for deirs goodluck.

Anyone goin to Coventry University?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adetolanex: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
yep i am, have u made arrangement unto accomodation ?
daintydee: Thanks to @justwise @spikesc and everyone on this thread.
You all kept me strong and going with your posts all thru the long wait. Finally got my visa from teleperformance today since 21st of August.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
adetolanex: yep i am, have u made arrangement unto accomodation ?

Not yet....frnds dat left earlier all telling me its difficult to get an accommodation.
I just pray I get lucky.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 5:00am On Sep 25, 2014
Gentlemen,
I now sign off. I got a review and now have the visa. On my way out today but can't go without thanking everyone on this forum. Justwise and SpikesC, I can't leave without mentioning you guys. I can't help this nagging feeling that you guys are angels or work in the High Commission or some high cause like that. Thanks a million. Most thanks of course to the Most High as everything and more comes from HIM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 6:14am On Sep 25, 2014
Chiichii2010:
@ missyrety the fixed shld also have stayed 28days.thy shld give u a letter that the acc bearer is free to withdraw anytime.
Applied at tele abj on 15th,got approval mail on 22nd though I ve not gone to collect it cos am not in abj.
We were not interviewed n I was not called,but that day all tier 4 students were asked to fill a form, so I guess it's for them to fast forward our application I guess

Did they send approval email or decision has been made email and was it from teleperformance or abuja visas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princess211: 6:20am On Sep 25, 2014
Pls note that klm's sister company, air france, pilots r on strike. Be careful as you book a klm ticket..... I was informed that my ticket was cancelled on my travel date, 22sep. But the devil is a liar. Was able to buy another ticket for that day, but more expensive, had to pay the difference. Well wish you good luck....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:30am On Sep 25, 2014

Congratulations! gr8 to know it worked out for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:32am On Sep 25, 2014
KazNaija: Gentlemen,
I now sign off. I got a review and now have the visa. On my way out today but can't go without thanking everyone on this forum. Justwise and SpikesC, I can't leave without mentioning you guys. I can't help this nagging feeling that you guys are angels or work in the High Commission or some high cause like that. Thanks a million. Most thanks of course to the Most High as everything and more comes from HIM.

All the very best with your studies.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joudesin: 6:57am On Sep 25, 2014

Yes I am too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 7:05am On Sep 25, 2014
Got mail on friday and my passport isn't ready at ikeja yet, my flight is on Saturday oo, what can I do please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 7:32am On Sep 25, 2014
princess211: Pls note that klm's sister company, air france, pilots r on strike. Be careful as you book a klm ticket..... I was informed that my ticket was cancelled on my travel date, 22sep. But the devil is a liar. Was able to buy another ticket for that day, but more expensive, had to pay the difference. Well wish you good luck....

Did u use ikeja vfs and how many days did it take ur passport to be ready, I applied on the 12th and I was dere yest dey re saying it's not ready... am so worried now my flight is saturday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2014
spikesC:

Yes it's possible, but solely depends on your capability.
If you can get to the Greenwich campus easily, they have a school bus that goes from there to Medway regularly. Though you'll have to compare your timetable and the departure times of the bus.

Or, you can go by train easily to the Gillingham station. Though you'll have to take a 35mins walk down to school or take a bus.

Yes, you can get such rooms but it's very few and most times it's the same cost as a normal rental

Thanks and God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 7:52am On Sep 25, 2014
justwise:

All the very best with your studies.

Congratulations!

Thank u so much @justwise....now moving to the other thread grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daintydee: 7:52am On Sep 25, 2014
joudesin:

Yes I am too

Nice....what course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joudesin: 8:16am On Sep 25, 2014
Mechanical engineering
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2014

Congrats guys cool
I wish you all well with your studies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TeamclicksAir: 9:07am On Sep 25, 2014
Birmingham is from 71k via Emirates Air but price could change depending on the date you wanna travel. you only need a return ticket if your studies is less than a year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by TeamclicksAir: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2014
kennyweeves: Advice from my people.

To book flight to manchester intl.

I saw that emirates is cheeper like 117k but everyone keep telling me to use KLM which is 250k.

Abeg who has used emirates b4?

Isn't it good?

KLM is actually 140k as at this morning for return ticket. google there site.
queen47:
Ok, so, I just made a reservation on Qatar airlines but yet to pay. Please, how good are they? who has used it? What was your experience like with them? I need to know before i make my payment please.
Qatar is good no worries smiley smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2014
My passport has finally arrived!
Applied at Vfs abuja on thr 12th, was called to come to lagos for a second face to face interview on 17th, interview took place on the 19th and i got an approval mail on sunday 20th, my passport arrived my office via Ups at 16:45 yesterday.

The visa was stamped on 19th, same day i had the 2nd interview

Thanks to everyone here who provided information that assisted us in making a successful application.

God bless us all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=TeamclicksAir]

KLM is actually 140k as at this morning for return ticket. google there site.Qatar is good no worries smiley smiley[/quot

Alright, thanks, let me see if i can pay online today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
queen47: My passport has finally arrived!
Applied at Vfs abuja on thr 12th, was called to come to lagos for a second face to face interview on 17th, interview took place on the 19th and i got an approval mail on sunday 20th, my passport arrived my office via Ups at 16:45 yesterday.

The visa was stamped on 19th, same day i had the 2nd interview

Thanks to everyone here who provided information that assisted us in making a successful application.

God bless us all

Congrats, we are still waiting for our email from vfs ikeja. Submitted 17th. Did your approval mail come from vfs or the high commision? And did u have to register on tpcontact? Dunno if its for vfs applicants too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
jamela:

Congrats, we are still waiting for our email from vfs ikeja. Submitted 17th. Did your approval mail come from vfs or the high commision? And did u have to register on tpcontact? Dunno if its for vfs applicants too.

Thanks jamela, yours will be ready too soon.

The address my approval mail came from was abuja.visaenquries. i applied at vfs abuja just that i was asked to go to lagos for the second intervie. Didnt register at tpcontact.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IyawoToBe(f): 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls guys, how did you make the online payment for your visa? What kind of card did you use and what bank? I have been having difficulty paying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2014

@ KazNaija you said earlier that you got your passport 3 days ago and you were refused? so did you apply for a review immediately? so you administrative review took 2 days? am kinda confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
IyawoToBe: Pls guys, how did you make the online payment for your visa? What kind of card did you use and what bank? I have been having difficulty paying.

Iyawotobe,

I had the same issues too. Please check your account too and find out whether you have not already been debited.

Create a paga account. Google paga and register. Transfer the money to your paga account and pay through paga. That was what I did.

I can confirm that paga is reliable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please is there anyone in the house who submitted via Teleperformance in VI? Any news from there today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2014
MallamYahaya:

Iyawotobe,

I had the same issues too. Please check your account too and find out whether you have not already been debited.

Create a paga account. Google paga and register. Transfer the money to your paga account and pay through paga. That was what I did.

I can confirm that paga is reliable.

She doesn't even need to create an account with page, she should just pay through paga gateway
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
queen47:

Thanks jamela, yours will be ready too soon.

The address my approval mail came from was abuja.visaenquries. i applied at vfs abuja just that i was asked to go to lagos for the second intervie. Didnt register at tpcontact.

Thanks for the encouragement. Infact you are God sent. Immediately I read your reply, my approval mail came in from same email address.

I've been approved! Yay! So happy. Thanks to everyone who helped with advice on this thread. Storming vfs ikeja mrw morning grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.