Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,746 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Have You Ever Been In Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been In Love? (6393 Views)

How do u know If u/ur girl is really in love? / To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You / Men Don't Fall in Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2006
i've been in love but it doesnt last
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2006
I remember this topic! grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2006
yes i have,but it didnt last cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2006
Why doesn't it last?
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2006
the boys can mess it up
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2006
The gurls do mess up sometimes too. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2006
yea,but for me the boys they mess it up

but they regrets grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2006
Hmm. I love being loved. But then, who doesn't? grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2006
everyone loves it
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2006
So eve, are you in love now? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2006
a
babymine:

So eve, are you in love now? cheesy

am stay single
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2006
Hmm. Have you been hurt before?
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2006
babymine:

Hmm. Have you been hurt before?

manytimes,it's makes me run away from boys,

and i cant stand to be hurt again that way
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2006
So sorry, dnt worry, you'll meet the right person who will never ever hurt you. tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by yemstar(f): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2006
Never been in love, i tend to run in the other direction grin
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2006
babymine:

So sorry, dnt worry, you'll meet the right person who will never ever hurt you. tongue

thank you my sista,well am stay waiting for mr right to come walking right to my door
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2006
@ Yemstar

You're kiddin, right?
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by yemstar(f): 7:26pm On Apr 23, 2006
nope cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 11:06am On Apr 24, 2006
Then you must be pretty young or you've gone thru a bad experience.
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by yemstar(f): 2:30am On Apr 25, 2006
Lets just say am young at heart wink
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by stormz(m): 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2006
see im a guy n to be honest yer most of us can b jerks n not think about ur feelins but im sure therez a guy out there specially for u who'll treat u like a queen
dnt give up on love
trust me, i no wat im talkin about cry
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by eveseh(f): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2006
stormz:

see im a guy n to be honest yer most of us can b jerks n not think about your feelins but im sure therez a guy out there specially for u who'll treat u like a queen
dnt give up on love
trust me, i no what im talkin about cry

well thanks kiss
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by kimba(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2006
Love, love, love,
who can help me out here:

If "In Love" could be thought of as an-enclosure,
question: when do you know you are 'In Love', as in "In Love", no jokes, no faking, no infatuation, no exagerration of your feelings, as in it has passed the level of appreciation, crushes, or fondness, as in "really-in-love", any signs, feelings, 1-2 and 3's, emotional status(at that time) distinctly different from other times in one's life, first hand experiences pls, cheesy

ex: a lady almosts kills herself coz the "man of her dreams", that she was "in love" with didnt/wasnt "in love" with her. Methinks shes crazy, or maybe not, maybe im wrong, could it be she was "so much in love" that she thought she could never "be in love again" and that she better kill herself? can someone be so much in love as to kill herself? ladies? pls what could be the extent of that driving passion?

or am i causing confusion? so i came to my conclusion below:

- a friend, thinking he was confiding in me, once told me about his "been in love" with a girl and the girl was not "in love" with him. I thought it weird. I coudn't give an advice to him, so another question.

conclusion Methinks you cant really be in love with someone until your "been in love" is reciprocated, as in the person is in love with you, am I right?
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by chinani(f): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2006
kimba:

Methinks shes crazy, or maybe not, maybe im wrong
Yes she's crazy. Yes she's in love. She's crazy in love as they say. undecided cry Sad but true.

kimba:
or am i causing confusion? so i came to my conclusion below:- a friend, thinking he was confiding in me, once told me about his "been in love" with a girl and the girl was not "in love" with him. I thought it weird. I coudn't give an advice to him, so another question.conclusion Methinks you can't really be in love with someone until your "been in love" is reciprocated, as in the person is in love with you, am I right?
No, you can be in love w/o reciprocation. That's happened to me before. embarassed We won't discuss it. But as for your friend, I think that anyone who can state they are in love w/ someone and that their love is not returned is truly in love. What should you tell him? Be sympathetic and tell him that the best love is "freely given & eagerly returned". Tell him that, yes, he is in love, but a day will come when he is in love w/ a woman who is in love w/ him and her reciprocity when increase his love and dwarf his current feelings.

You know you are in love b/c of how you feel about the person. It's an overall intensity of feeling. But it's also an acceptance of who the person is. Like you can see that other men/women are out there & maybe more attractive but not never better than your love. The way you feel hearing the person's voice. You can see the person even their faults. You pray for them almost w/o speaking.

The nature of love is that it is encompassing. So much so that when the love is not returned it is devastating. Truly. Being in love takes a lot of humility which is why it does not die from lack of attn (from the object of affection).

K, I'm rambling now. Peace.
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by kimba(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2006
@CHinani
thanks, but as you say:
Yes she's crazy. Yes she's in love. She's crazy in love as they say
I meant "crazy", shes out of her mind, totally unserious, why should she try to kill herself in the first place, is she nuts?, i meant crazy, your saying shes "crazy in love" is confusing. Can someone really be crazy in love, i mean crazy to the point of been crazy?  , i believe if one truly loves/is in love, one begins to see things "more-clearly" not just taking irrational decisions one after the other, they say love is blind, but, or ?

The nature of love is that it is encompassing. So much so that when the love is not returned it is devastating
True  smiley smiley

New issue:
as you say Chinani,
You know you are in love b/c of how you feel about the person. It's an overall intensity of feeling. But it's also an acceptance of who the person is.
There are some people you like, really like, there are others you love. Accepted? Let me use myself as the test-vector so i could describe this clearly: I could feel happy, in fact very happy, or eager to hear someone's voice, who happens to be a childhood buddy, even tho shes female, as in very good friends, having done everything from childhood till now, practically together, in fact, people know the two of us as best-friends since childhood!!!!!, but truth is it doesnt go beyond that point, as far as im concerned /as far as she's in my mind, but for the fact that we might have come a long way, the bond is there, no doubt, and truly, she means so much to me, and vice-versa, but just to the level of friends, very good friends on my part,

Now, she can't just understand, as in she would want something more than friends, considering we've been friends for a long time, in fact she thinks and feels, "it" is there already, but e'en tho we talk about it, she knows that im interested in someone else, as in, In Love with someone else, and that she is still my friend, but she can't accept it because we are childhood friends, and she says she can't live without me,  In fact she doesnt mind telling me that i should stop the relationship with the other party, that shes jealous etc, (now isnt that too bad sad sad)

The other problem is the guy concerned would like to do his best to keep his relationship with his child-hood friend, make her understand that they are friends but cant be lovers, and his doing so is straining his relationship with his real-gf,

Now(im speaking for myself), how can I advice the guy, how can I advice the girl, what do i tell them one-one-one,
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by chinani(f): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2006
@Kimba
That's a difficult situation. I would tell the man in the situation (w/ a gf and the childhood friend) to continue to be a friend to the girl. He should be clear and unwavering in his stance to her but should also be like "I don't see you that way and I won't change my mind." embarassed That's the way it has to be I think. As for the girl, you should encourage her to look at other men. Maybe introduce her to friends/men. It can be hard to meet ppl. I'm guessing that's the problem in the young ladies case. Also, encourage her to stop talking to this man. Absence makes the heart grow fonder but it also makes a person forget. When he "leaves" her she will feel the void and fill it w/ someone else. Sometimes you must be cruel to be kind. Tell this man this. But realistically the girl won't stop loving this man. She must tire of being alone and leave the idea of him alone. But him? No she'll have to love someone else first. Just my thoughts.
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by kimba(m): 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2006
@chinani
Sometimes you must be cruel to be kind.
thanks for the advice smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by babymine(f): 11:00am On May 01, 2006
Love, love, love! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by Ama(f): 11:31am On May 01, 2006
"Yes i have been and am right now, it feels so good something deep down in my stomach comes up my throat, i feel my heartbeat when i think of him, and i'm so happily inlove "

That's really nice @venice. Make the most of it and enjoy it! Some people are immuned to love. Not quite sure how it happens but it does.

People these days make others feel that falling in love is a bad thing. I don't want to get all phylosophical about what love is. If your heart beats when you think about the person, then that is good enough for me. Life is too short so you make the most of it. You might get heart broken but it's all part of growing up and you learn to deal with it.
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by Damest09(f): 12:41pm On May 01, 2006
Never in love and still doubting it
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by chinani(f): 8:11pm On May 01, 2006
@Ama
Haba, heartbreak! You make "learn to deal with it" sound like having to take cold showers or something. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been In Love? by Ama(f): 8:20pm On May 01, 2006
chinani:

@Ama
Haba, heartbreak! You make "learn to deal with it" sound like having to take cold showers or something. undecided

I know! dealing with IT is not like taking a cold shower. It's probably more like having COLD TURKEY. But then you have to weigh the two and decide whether the joy that you get from being in love is worth the pain of being heart broken. As you get older, you develop strategies for dealing with heartbreak. Jumping off a cliff is definitely not one of the options! Life is all about pleasure and pain. Pain only becomes unbearable if you don't know how to deal with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Some Black Men Treat White Women With More Respect Than Black Women? / Can You Marry Short Girl? / Ladies, Why Do You Ask This Question When He's Abt To Enter THE PLACE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.