Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1050) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628226 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) ... (2210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:41am On Nov 27, 2018
Kevin Durant

49 PTS
9 ASTS
6 REBS
2 BLKS
2 STLS
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:43am On Nov 27, 2018
A40:
Kevin Durant

49 PTS
9 ASTS
6 REBS
2 BLKS
2 STLS

Always a beast.

Still can't believe one team has Curry, Klay, KD and Cousin.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
A40:
Kevin Durant

49 PTS
9 ASTS
6 REBS
2 BLKS
2 STLS

Greatness and he is coming for that all time scoring leader.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Manutd19:

Always a beast.

Still can't believe one team has Curry, Klay, KD and Cousin.
Draft smartly, get a sharp GM
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
A40:

True.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
A40:

Speaking about drafting smart, I am worried the Spurs have been poor in the draft recently. Popovic and the Spurs were renowned for identifying talents, particularly less heralded talents, however, over the last 4 drafts, their picks have failed to transition into that first team player than can carry or support the team. The transition away from Big 3 and Kawhi to some extent has been challenging because of this problem. Infact, the only draft pick that has shown little promise is Dejounte Murray but he has been injured for the most part and is not particularly good in offensive scoring. They really need to address this issue.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Roland17:

Greatness and he is coming for that all time scoring leader.
cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
Speaking about drafting smart, I am worried the Spurs have been poor in the draft recently. Popovic and the Spurs were renowned for identifying talents, particularly less heralded talents, however, over the last 4 drafts, their picks have failed to transition into that first team player than can carry or support the team. The transition away from Big 3 and Kawhi to some extent has been challenging because of this problem. Infact, the only draft pick that has shown little promise is Dejounte Murray but he has been injured for the most part and is not particularly good in offensive scoring. They really need to address this issue.[/quote] in the NBA small market teams always have a long transition period before getting a championship calibre team, for the spurs the major issue affecting their drafting is that they always have late first round picks, in the 2000's spurs nearly had a monopoly in the area of having a good euro league scouting network but these days other teams have gotten wise to the fact that European prospects can be great in the NBA. In my opinion what spurs needs is to get lucky in free agency and get that third piece to become competitive again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:27am On Nov 29, 2018
So CP3 who is not as good as Curry is out and Rockets lose 4 straight. No outrage.

But Di Antoni is a proven coach.

And Pop is losing with 2 All-stars in LMA and DeRozan but he is the goat.

Kerr has to prove he can win a ring with G-league level players to not be overrated.

Okay, pundits. Okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:53am On Nov 29, 2018
Roland17:

Speaking about drafting smart, I am worried the Spurs have been poor in the draft recently. Popovic and the Spurs were renowned for identifying talents, particularly less heralded talents, however, over the last 4 drafts, their picks have failed to transition into that first team player than can carry or support the team. The transition away from Big 3 and Kawhi to some extent has been challenging because of this problem. Infact, the only draft pick that has shown little promise is Dejounte Murray but he has been injured for the most part and is not particularly good in offensive scoring. They really need to address this issue.
Well it's pretty difficult to get game-changing talent in the lower end of the draft. Even the law of averages suggest that the Spurs are overdue some bad seasons. Bear in mind that even teams like Cleveland with not one but 3 #1 picks in less than a decade have done pretty much nothing with it. Fultz a #1 pick is almost looking like a bust

I think the Spurs would be in for even more rough years after Pop leaves. They're a small market team and not exactly a free agent destination

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:53am On Nov 29, 2018
Dam3333333333
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2018
Hey will curry and green play against the raptors today?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Nostradamus:
Hey will curry and green play against the raptors today?

Curry will not return until Saturday against the Pistons.

There is less clarity about Green’s availability tonight, but I think Green will most likely sit out tonight’s game against the Raptors.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:44am On Nov 30, 2018
3 consecutive games with 40 or more points. What else can we ask for? This man is unbelievable at this point because this is abnormal. The man is a sniper..

#KD
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:48am On Nov 30, 2018
I maintain my stance that the Warriors should have moved on from Iggy..

#myopinion
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:05am On Nov 30, 2018
Roland17:
3 consecutive games with 40 or more points. What else can we ask for? This man is unbelievable at this point because this is abnormal. The man is a sniper..

#KD
Best player in the league

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2018
Roland17:
I maintain my stance that the Warriors should have moved on from Iggy..

#myopinion
Lol he's been woeful this year sha. Still think he's good for one more run but if they are going to pay Klay and KD next year then he's one of the guys that have to go
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2018
KD is the best mehn.

Can do it all offensively. The Lebron media stan anxiously waiting for his free agency to come.

I'm beginning to think the Raptors might beat the Celtics in the eastern conference.
Re: The NBA Begins by Lavoca: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
[/quote]
donlittle25:
Best player in the league
Manutd19:
KD is the best mehn.

Can do it all offensively. The Lebron media stan anxiously waiting for his free agency to come.

I'm beginning to think the Raptors might beat the Celtics in the eastern conference.

Is he the best player on his team?

What is he doing different with the ALL STARS on the roster to what LeBron did in Cleveland?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lavoca:

Is he the best player on his team?

What is he doing different with the ALL STARS on the roster to what LeBron did in Cleveland?

Let me help you here.. KD may not be the most important player on his team, cos Curry is but without any fear or favor, I am asserting that he is the best player on his team. You are free to argue differently.

For some he is the 2nd best player in the league after Bron, others believe he has snatched that crown from Bron this season, for some, he snatched it after last seasons finals performance.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:03am On Dec 01, 2018
[quote author=Roland17 post=73447965]

Let me help you here.. KD may not be the most important player on his team, cos Curry is but without any fear or favor, I am asserting that he is the best player on his team. You are free to argue differently.

For some he is the 2nd best player in the league after Bron, others believe he has snatched that crown from Bron this season, for some, he snatched it after last seasons finals performance. [ ;Dte]
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:19am On Dec 01, 2018
Luka doncic is special my goodness.
He is shooting one legged fadeaway. Listen. Dirk like shot at this age?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
donlittle25:
Luka doncic is special my goodness.
He is shooting one legged fadeaway. Listen. Dirk like shot at this age?

You no see the double block wen him issue Bron under the rim?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:05am On Dec 02, 2018
Roland17:

You no see the double block wen him issue Bron under the rim?
My Guy I see am o. The composure. I can’t wait for the next two or three years.

What do you think is his ceiling from what you have seen so far?
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:55am On Dec 02, 2018
Watching wilder for the first time.....

Dawg, AJ will beat him lol. Especially if he fights AJ like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2018
Dwayne Casey doing a fantastic job with these Detroit Pistons tbvh. Good to see Steph back and it looks like he hasn't lost a step
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2018
donlittle25:
Watching wilder for the first time.....

Dawg, AJ will beat him lol. Especially if he fights AJ like this.
Bruhh! I had a whole new level of respect for Tyson Fury after this fight. I think those knock downs are what rescued Wilder else he would have lost those belts.

If I'm AJ I would want Wilder rn. However I honestly wonder if AJ would survive that last round ese that Fury got up from. It's unfortunate Fury does not have Knockout power. he would have been untouchable. I want a rematch though
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2018
A40:
Bruhh! I had a whole new level of respect for Tyson Fury after this fight. I think those knock downs are what rescued Wilder else he would have lost those belts.

If I'm AJ I would want Wilder rn. However I honestly wonder if AJ would survive that last round ese that Fury got up from. It's unfortunate Fury does not have Knockout power. he would have been untouchable. I want a rematch though
if not for the last knockdown, it would have been a W for Fury honestly.

I however do think like you, AJ most likely wouldn’t have gotten up from the second knockdown, but the question is would AJ let it go that far?

If Fury Punches were stronger and he could have rushed Wilder two or three times that wilder definitely wouldn’t have recovered from.

He got him on so many 1-2 jabs, and didn’t follow it up with an uppercut. AJ would definitely be getting those uppercuts and most likely would result in a knockout.

I think I am more scared for AJ fighting Fury than wilder, two knockdowns from Wilder and getting back up and landing punches on wilder right after is worrisome.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 8:23am On Dec 02, 2018
This was the second knockdown and I swear I seen this man got back up and land punches on wilder right after. I was livid.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:42am On Dec 02, 2018
donlittle25:
if not for the last knockdown, it would have been a W for Fury honestly.

I however do think like you, AJ most likely wouldn’t have gotten up from the second knockdown, but the question is would AJ let it go that far?

If Fury Punches were stronger and he could have rushed Wilder two or three times that wilder definitely wouldn’t have recovered from.

He got him on so many 1-2 jabs, and didn’t follow it up with an uppercut. AJ would definitely be getting those uppercuts and most likely would result in a knockout.

I think I am more scared for AJ fighting Fury than wilder, two knockdowns from Wilder and getting back up and landing punches on wilder right after is worrisome.

I've not been too impressed by AJ's last two fights so it really remains to be seen how it pans out. Fury was more or less jabbing Wilder's head off all fight and making Wilder miss but I was not seeing the combos that it would have taken to drop Wilder and not let a fight of this magnitude be settled at the mercy of the judges.

Fury would likely not KO AJ though he could outbox him but for now AJ should be gunning for Wilder to regain his battered street cred and unify the belt. Wilder has to be AJ's next fight no matter what
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
25% of the season gone and its looking like East are top heavy while the West apart from GSW cannot be seperated. Can't wait for all-star weekend. Hoping Tobias and Middleton gets the nod
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:12am On Dec 03, 2018
Thank you for the Super Bowl and the memories but I can't say I did not see it coming.

The road to next season can now start.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) ... (2210) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m), larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.