Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617372 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
And on le'veon bell, do you really blame the guy? He's looking to get paid in a position that has a short shelf life. It was extreme, but really? You franchise tag the guy and use him for the work horse that he is. More mileage on the body..he almost always has the most carries in the league. Good for him on taking a stand...more power to players controlling their destiny
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
Tundesam923:
lolz@ Eli Manning.. and am hearing rumors of an obj trade rumors. New York franchises look poorly run...the Knicks(rotfl), new York jets( hopefully, Sam darnold turns out to be something) Yankees are ok Sha( not going for byrce Harper or Manny Machado looks somehow, u can never have too many outfielders and those are transcendent players, but...they compete every year). Am off topic here. Did you know Hines was very critical of ben and even mike Tomlin?
Hines didn't say what everyone else hasn't said which is Big Ben shouldn't have criticized Antonio Brown on live radio but I heard those comments he made. Those comments are not justifiable reason for his subsequent actions. Skipping meetings, skipping on the team and having your agent call Mike Tomlin on game day?

Biko let that TO 2.0 leave the Steelers and go with his baggage. Of all the actors in this film only he and Bell are the ones without Superbowls

Btw did you hear what LeBron said about his Lakers teammates? Yet LeBron stans are defending him. He questioned his fellow professionals dedication to the game of basketball. That is far worse than anything Big Ben did.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
Tundesam923:
And on le'veon bell, do you really blame the guy? He's looking to get paid in a position that has a short shelf life. It was extreme, but really? You franchise tag the guy and use him for the work horse that he is. More mileage on the body..he almost always has the most carries in the league. Good for him on taking a stand...more power to players controlling their destiny
I don't blame Bell for anything, same way I don't blame the Steelers for not betting on a guy who has been suspended TWICE and is also injury prone. The franchise tag is essentially about buying time till you can settle on a deal.

Of all skill positions you must know that the Running Back is the easiest to replace that is why James Conner came in and easily matched his numbers. That's why CJ Anderson came off the street to match Todd Gurley's production. Successful teams never overpay the Running Back
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2019
Lavarr Ball

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
A40:
I don't blame Bell for anything, same way I don't blame the Steelers for not betting on a guy who has been suspended TWICE and is also injury prone. The franchise tag is essentially about buying time till you can settle on a deal.

Of all skill positions you must know that the Running Back is the easiest to replace that is why James Conner came in and easily matched his numbers. That's why CJ Anderson came off the street to match Todd Gurley's production. Successful teams never overpay the Running Back
true! The season really showed the running back position for what it truly is. Hopefully, the guy gets paid in another team. A lot of teams have enough cap space to take a chance on a talent such as bell and some young qb would benefit a lot...Buffalo bills maybe, even the colts have the cap space
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2019
A40:
Hines didn't say what everyone else hasn't said which is Big Ben shouldn't have criticized Antonio Brown on live radio but I heard those comments he made. Those comments are not justifiable reason for his subsequent actions. Skipping meetings, skipping on the team and having your agent call Mike Tomlin on game day?

Biko let that TO 2.0 leave the Steelers and go with his baggage. Of all the actors in this film only he and Bell are the ones without Superbowls

Btw did you hear what LeBron said about his Lakers teammates? Yet LeBron stans are defending him. He questioned his fellow professionals dedication to the game of basketball. That is far worse than anything Big Ben did.
chai!!! Terrell owens? Upgrade? In terms of talent or what? Hahahhahahah. T. O was more contentious than this. The guy was a serious problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2019
Yea, I heard about the comments. LeBron can do no wrong...he did want to ship that entire team for Davis so? *Shrugs*
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
So we've established the fact that the Warriors are overrated.. I don't want to hear shìt once the playoffs starts. I don't want to hear they have 6 all stars. Don't be unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2019
Manutd19:

And that bothers you?

Stupid

It does not, that is why I replied her and not you.

Odense Beckham.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
SmooshCHN:
So we've established the fact that the Warriors are overrated.. I don't want to hear shìt once the playoffs starts. I don't want to hear they have 6 all stars. Don't be unfortunate.

Only one team can be overrated, with overrated players who can win 3 rings and still have an overrated coach. LOOL.

Rockets are not overrated after losing to Lakers. Or Celts after losing to Bulls. LOOOL.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2019
Tundesam923:
chai!!! Terrell owens? Upgrade? In terms of talent or what? Hahahhahahah. T. O was more contentious than this. The guy was a serious problem.
In terms of diva and drama queen behavior. I can't categorically say he was better than T.O, T.O was a beast
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2019
A40:
In terms of diva and drama queen behavior. I can't categorically say he was better than T.O, T.O was a beast
true! Top 3 wide receiver in my all time list. Jerry rice, Randy moss, then t.o...larry Fitzgerald too Sha. The guy still balling out for cardinals
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2019
So u saying in terms of being a diva, ab takes the cake? Hmm. Terrell owen was snubbed for induction into the Hof for years becos of his antics. I don't see that happening with ab.. I don't think he has had as much on/off field drama like t.o
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:05am On Feb 25, 2019
I can see NBA heads here, nice one. I finally found where I can rant about Luke Walton.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2019
steady986:
I can see NBA heads here, nice one. I finally found where I can rant about Luke Walton.
And what's wrong with Luke Walton?
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2019
Eruditor:
I just pray Draymond is alright.

Fu*ck the other starters for coasting because they felt Harden was out. Fu*ck them for the 0-15 start. And Fu*ck them for being lethargic after we took the lead.

Becoming frustrating the way Gsw keeps losing to the rockets.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:45am On Feb 25, 2019
popizaino:

Becoming frustrating the way Gsw keeps losing to the rockets.
It's not. And trust me, no Warriors fan is worried about Houston. The playoffs is all that matters. Harden and cp3 can play all they want in the regular season. It's a different thing come playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:37am On Feb 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
And what's wrong with Luke Walton?
Everything, from his rotation policy to his tactics.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
It's not. And trust me, no Warriors fan is worried about Houston. The playoffs is all that matters. Harden and cp3 can play all they want in the regular season. It's a different thing come playoffs.
The Rockets will be a genuine threat this playoffs o, especially with Capela back. Faried is playing well, Gordon too. Let's see sha

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2019
as lebron join the lakers
everybody,inclulding walton don no say na borrowed time e dey.
lebron na coach killer.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hollumedeyyyy: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2019
We make money on betting tips everyday... If you join today your life will not remain the same.. �
Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group: https:///LJsVfJtY9k1ITuU4mVrth3
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
steady986:

The Rockets will be a genuine threat this playoffs o, especially with Capela back. Faried is playing well, Gordon too. Let's see sha
a threat because of Harden and CP3 + Capella?? Perhaps you were asleep when they missed 30 3s in a row before crashing out last season. They can't do any better than that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Having 3-0 aggregate loss to a particular team calls for concern going into playoffs.They are full of confidence like never before against the warriors.Remember how they even drag the playoffs series with the warriors till an unfortunate injury to Chris Paul?well my only optimism is that history should repeat itself against the well known chokers .
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
steady986:

Everything, from his rotation policy to his tactics.
how? Pls! After magic jonhson and LeBron James colluded to ship that entire team?. No matter how magic slices it, these guys are not just "professional", they are humans first who are also just in their 3rd seasons(Ingram) and 2nd (lonzo, ND kuzma). It affects the whole culture and LeBron James? undecided. Just wrong coming out and spewing criticisms all about. What a classless act!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
popizaino:

Having 3-0 aggregate loss to a particular team calls for concern going into playoffs.They are full of confidence like never before against the warriors.Remember how they even drag the playoffs series with the warriors till an unfortunate injury to Chris Paul?well my only optimism is that history should repeat itself against the well known chokers .
Jokes on you using regular season aggregate to judge the playoffs. Well known chokers are guys like CP3 and Harden who have been consistent at it for years.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Jokes on you using regular season aggregate to judge the playoffs. Well known chokers are guys like CP3 and Harden who have been consistent at it for years.
A-list chokers!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ka ma kuro ka ma jalè. That series was not sure for Golden State till Chris Paul got hurt
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2019
popizaino:

Remember how eastern teams were beating the Cavs till the playoffs and then Lebron swept the Raptors?

I get tired of saying it but I have to say it again. It is EXTREMELY difficult to motivate a team that has played 4 NBA finals on the trot to take all regular season games seriously. As a fan, you only hope and pray they mean business on said day. What winners like Kerr do is use such games to test tactics or to explore what the other team is planning crunch time.

Blazers inn15/16 blew us out by 33 pts after the all star game with Curry playing and were down 0-2 when he was injured during the playoffs of that same year. Take the regular season seriously at your own peril.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
Eruditor:

It does not, that is why I replied her and not you.

Odense Beckham.

Lol.....

Make yourself happy.
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Eruditor:

Remember how eastern teams were beating the Cavs till the playoffs and then Lebron swept the Raptors?

I get tired of saying it but I have to say it again. It is EXTREMELY difficult to motivate a team that has played 4 NBA finals on the trot to take all regular season games seriously. As a fan, you only hope and pray they mean business on said day. What winners like Kerr do is use such games to test tactics or to explore what the other team is planning crunch time.

Blazers inn15/16 blew us out by 33 pts after the all star game with Curry playing and were down 0-2 when he was injured during the playoffs of that same year. Take the regular season seriously at your own peril.

let me console myself with the bolded
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Even if they are not chokers people act like they were not leading 17pts and 15pts in the back to back losses of game 6 and 7 (without CP3) whereas they were losing by 12 and 5 or so with him in games 4 and 5 that they ended up winning.

People forget that the games 4&5 were won by a total of 5pts and we had the possessions to actually win. And that was prime Rockets. Their best ever.
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2019
A40:
Ka ma kuro ka ma jalè. That series was not sure for Golden State till Chris Paul got hurt

Exa

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.