Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,171 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1719692 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

You're just contradicting yourself. Issokay
You're a confused Muppet that simply cannot read. Why are players who are not the epitome of speed, athleticism and power dominating this era that is supposed to be filled with quicker, bigger and stronger players.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

That's your problem, you believe that being a great player is measured only by your ability to put the ball in the basket. Tell me how Harden did all that and still wasn't MVP.
No mugu. But the ability to put the ball in the basket is the single most important trait. Every other scheme revolves around putting it in the basket and preventing the other team from putting it in the basket.

Because his competition matched that and also played the other end of the floor just like the GOAT
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
Opinions are allowed but I think I would take the opinion of the coaches who make a living covering and coaching the sport over yours sha.

When a player primarily known for his scoring makes 9 all-defense teams and wins a DPOY and consistently finishes as a top 5 Defensive Player of the Year candidate for most of his career then he is clearly doing something right.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

And who told you that I agreed with you on today's players replicating Jordan's moves?

I don't have time for all this blatant ignorance from you. I'm very sure you didn't even watch Jordan play, so you're not even in the right position to argue with me about Jordan. And don't you mention YouTube for me.
Who cares if you agree or not? What a Muppet! We have a whole player who copied Jordan and made a Hall of Fame career, we had inferior versions who became all-stars. We have another HOFer who made it one-legged and dominated the league. We had a Kawhi who pundits were likening his style to Jordan

But we have one Mufu from Agbado-Crossing telling me he does not agree with it like that will reduce the price of Loud.

I don't need to prove to you whether I watched Jordan play or not. It will not add $1 to anyone's account
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
donlittle25:
Lol wow.

a40 constantly raves about Jordan defense lol.
Free this Bronsexual muppet bro. He tries to sound objective but he is the worst of the lot
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
You're a confused Muppet that simply cannot read. Why are players who are not the epitome of speed, athleticism and power dominating this era that is supposed to be filled with quicker, bigger and stronger players.
Look at the photo I attached and notice the portion I highlighted before you begin with your folly. You mentioned qualities like bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic and I highlighted the last three because although SC and IT are not big, they are certainly stronger, faster and more athletic than point guards from the previous era. Just like we had Jerry West, John Stockton and Steve Nash do well in their eras, SC and IT are doing well in this era as well. Or do you expect a point guard to be as strong as a power forward just because they play in an era that is stronger and bigger. Compare SC of this era to Jerry West of that era and tell me who is bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic. Also compare IT of this era and Mogsy Bogues of that era.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
Who cares if you agree or not? What a Muppet! We have a whole player who copied Jordan and made a Hall of Fame career, we had inferior versions who became all-stars. We have another HOFer who made it one-legged and dominated the league. We had a Kawhi who pundits were likening his style to Jordan

But we have one Mufu from Agbado-Crossing telling me he does not agree with it like that will reduce the price of Loud.

I don't need to prove to you whether I watched Jordan play or not. It will not add $1 to anyone's account

Don’t forget the most important, we also have their “SHEEP” who has spent his entire career chasing the ghost from Chicago. The same ghost he wanted to be like while he was growing up, the same ghost is the reason he chose the 23, the same ghost he he has conceded he is never catching, the same ghost who said 5 beats 3 any day! The ghost in Chicago stopped playing decades ago but he still haunts them daily.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
No mugu. But the ability to put the ball in the basket is the single most important trait. Every other scheme revolves around putting it in the basket and preventing the other team from putting it in the basket.

Because his competition matched that and also played the other end of the floor just like the GOAT
You would have a point only if Jordan scored 100% of his team's points. But since others also scored, while contributing on the defensive end, I'm afraid you can't just sweep their contributions under the carpet.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:

Lol, and the one player who didn't copy any of Jordan's skills is the one competing with him for the GOAT. GTFOH
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

Lol, and the one player who didn't copy any of Jordan's skills is the one competing with him for the GOAT. GTFOH
Who is LeNomad copying with his fadeaway moves? What an anuofia. Why did he have to work on that when his shaky jumper got exposed in the post season and he couldn't barrel into the paint at times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
Who is LeNomad copying with his fadeaway moves? What an anuofia. Why did he have to work on that when his shaky jumper got exposed in the post season and he couldn't barrel into the paint at times
LeBron is not copying Jordan's fade away move. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
I know Jordan d.ick suckers will still find a way to interpret this to their favour.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

Look at the photo I attached and notice the portion I highlighted before you begin with your folly. You mentioned qualities like bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic and I highlighted the last three because although SC and IT are not big, they are certainly stronger, faster and more athletic than point guards from the previous era. Just like we had Jerry West, John Stockton and Steve Nash do well in their eras, SC and IT are doing well in this era as well. Or do you expect a point guard to be as strong as a power forward just because they play in an era that is stronger and bigger. Compare SC of this era to Jerry West of that era and tell me who is bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic. Also compare IT of this era and Mogsy Bogues of that era.
Steph plays in an era better suited for smaller players not just to shine but to be arguably the best player in the league.

You're hopelessly demented if you cannot see that what makes Steph great has nothing to do with Speed, strength or athleticism. What proof do you have that Steph and IT are stronger and more athletic than PG's from that era? You mean Steph is stronger and more athletic than Gary Payton, Penny Hardaway, Kevin Johnson?

The Steph Curry that is missing wide open dunks is supposed to be quicker, stronger and more athletic than older generation PG's? You positively must be on crack!!

It would have been better if you had just allowed me think you're were a Rank Xerox merely incapable of original thought than to speak and affirm my worst fears that you are a complete poof with life threatening stupidity embedded in him

And finally ode. Come and show me the season Muggsy Bogues averaged more than 11 pts per game and show me how many All-star, All-NBA appearances he made. Typical Bronsexual always name dropping foolishly. Onye Nzuzu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

You would have a point only if Jordan scored 100% of his team's points. But since others also scored, while contributing on the defensive end, I'm afraid you can't just sweep their contributions under the carpet.
Lol you're stupid beyond redemption. A player playing for supposedly stacked teams should not be contributing the most percentage of points for his team in Finals history on 3 out of 6 occasions. That was the crux of the post you foolish Bronsexual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
DeeMain:

I smell narcissism and megalomania grin

Oh crikey. Not another friggin "doctor". When did this thread turn into Webmd? undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
Roland17:

Don’t forget the most important, we also have their “SHEEP” who has spent his entire career chasing the ghost from Chicago. The same ghost he wanted to be like while he was growing up, the same ghost is the reason he chose the 23, the same ghost he he has conceded he is never catching, the same ghost who said 5 beats 3 any day! The ghost in Chicago stopped playing decades ago but he still haunts them daily.
The nerve of that imposter to copy this man from start to finish of his career, picking same number, trying to ring chase and even trying to reenact movies.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
Steph plays in an era better suited for smaller players not just to shine but to be arguably the best player in the league.

You're hopelessly demented if you cannot see that what makes Steph great has nothing to do with Speed, strength or athleticism. What proof do you have that Steph and IT are stronger and more athletic than PG's from that era? You mean Steph is stronger and more athletic than Gary Payton, Penny Hardaway, Kevin Johnson?

The Steph Curry that is missing wide open dunks is supposed to be quicker, stronger and more athletic than older generation PG's? You positively must be on crack!!

It would have been better if you had just allowed me think you're were a Rank Xerox merely incapable of original thought than to speak and affirm my worst fears that you are a complete poof with life threatening stupidity embedded in him

And finally ode. Come and show me the season Muggsy Bogues averaged more than 11 pts per game and show me how many All-star, All-NBA appearances he made. Typical Bronsexual always name dropping foolishly. Onye Nzuzu
You're just an idiot whose more of a keypad warrior than a person with sense. I can't even understand what your point is amidst all your blabbing. You're pained, and it's affecting you psychologically. I can see that through your posts. Don't come and drag me into your shitty world. Bye
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:

You're just an idiot whose more of a keypad warrior than a person with sense. I can't even understand what your point is amidst all your blabbing. You're pained, and it's affecting you psychologically. I can see that through your posts. Don't come and drag me into your shitty world. Bye
Oponu. Come and tell me how Steph Curry who cannot successfully complete a dunk is stronger, faster and more athletic than point guards of yore like Payton, Kidd, KJ, Zeke, Hardaway. slowpoke!!

Come and explain the correlation of IT's achievements in today's league and that of Muggsy Bogues back then that made you foolishly name-drop him?

When a ret@rded Bronsexual cannot back up his argument coherently he would come here to assault our senses with banalities.

Next time be sure to lease a working brain before coming to stupidly quote my post

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lol, is this not an angry man? Somebody help him.
A40:
You're a bonafide clown, I'm sure you also make yourself laugh which is a surefire sign of crazeman tendencies

A40:
Opolo eye e no be open eye. Clearly you must be a shigidi with eyes but cannot see.

A40:
You're a confused Muppet that simply cannot read.

A40:

A40:
What an anuofia.

A40:
You're hopelessly demented if you cannot see that what makes Steph great has nothing to do with Speed, strength

You positively must be on crack!!

And finally ode.

Typical Bronsexual always name dropping foolishly. Onye Nzuzu

A40:
Lol you're stupid beyond redemption.

That was the crux of the post you foolish Bronsexual

A40:
Oponu. slowpoke!!

Next time be sure to lease a working brain before coming to stupidly quote my post

A40:
Your stupidity will make the Dalai Lama angry. That's the best way to react when someone is being deliberately obtuse.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
steady986:
Lol, is this not an angry man? Somebody help him.
Your stupidity will make the Dalai Lama angry. That's the best way to react when someone is being deliberately obtuse.

Anyway why are you complaining? Is it your anger??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:

Anyway why are you complaining? Is it your anger??

Another one of your collections grin I've updated my earlier post
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Crazy. Three members of the starting five of team LeBron 2018 are with the Lakers. The other two are with the nets.

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
Make una take am easy na abeg.. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
This definitely needs to come back. Don't know why he stopped.

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
RiskelWillow:

Oh crikey. Not another friggin "doctor". When did this thread turn into Webmd? undecided

grin You be case o
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Roland17:

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
Roland17:

Can you imagine growing up idolizing someone and then becoming better than they could ever imagine? The bald degenerate always feared him for he knew that the hammer of akron was in fact the chosen one after all. Like i said, i won't waste my time on a debate we are winning on a larger scale and are inevitably going to emerge victorious.

But you must understand, the king chases no man. Its all about widening the gap such that no man even comes close.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
DeeMain:

grin You be case o

Your poem sucks. Worst thing i've ever read in my life. Absolutely disgusting! A guinea pig has more talent than you. You should be arrested for typing and posting that drivel for public reading.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
A40:
Oponu. Come and tell me how Steph Curry who cannot successfully complete a dunk is stronger, faster and more athletic than point guards of yore like Payton, Kidd, KJ, Zeke, Hardaway. slowpoke!!

Come and explain the correlation of IT's achievements in today's league and that of Muggsy Bogues back then that made you foolishly name-drop him?

When a ret@rded Bronsexual cannot back up his argument coherently he would come here to assault our senses with banalities.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=donlittle25 post=80259913][/quote]

Right on cue. Here comes the cheerleading midget.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
RiskelWillow:

Your poem sucks. Worst thing i've ever read in my life. Absolutely disgusting! A guinea pig has more talent than you. You should be arrested for typing and posting that drivel for public reading.
You're just mad he's passionate about something sensible. Let him be.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
Guy you're wise.
Khanben:
IMHO comparing eras does not really work because of the type of play and differences in rules. Especially in teams sports from football to basketball and American football to name a few, different eras are difficult to compare across board because of even little things like nutrition, ease of commute etc.
I remember one open court episode where Shaq could not believe there was a time NBA players flew coach, little things like this even advance in medical sciences simply ensures that a level playing field for comparison does not objectively exist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.