Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,179 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625646 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
Khanben:
I'm making a list of the top 25 players in the NBA currently. Its based on Morey's quote that only 25 guys matter as it pertains to deciding the league's narrative next season.
Finding it hard to decide on some names though. But in no order.
Lebron, KD, AD, Steph, Kawhi, PG13, Klay, Harden, Giannis, Embiid, Jokic, Lillard, Kyrie, Westbrook, KAT, Jimmy Butler, Aldridge, Deroazan, Bradley Beal, Ben Simmons, Luca Doncic, Donovan Mitchell, Kemba Walker, Kyle Lowry, and finally Kevin love.
where's Victor oladipo?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
Roland17:

Off topic convo.

Are providers in Nigeria still prescribing Haloperidol (Haldol) to their patients? It is a first generation antipsychotic medication that is being phased out and discontinued over here in the States because research showed it causes significant brain damage especially to kids/ young adults long term.
Infact, right now there is a scarcity of Haldol. Providers are now using alternatives and newer generation meds like Proloxin, Latuda and Abilify.
In this guy's case, there's no option man. It's IV, slowly. His symptoms. grin

First of all before someone misquotes me or start throwing words, different antipsychotics are used in different cases. There are first line and second line antipsychotics. They all have different degrees to which they perform, different doses and different side effects however, the primary need is cure. Haloperidol is not used in all cases.
Generally, all antipsychotics all have their adverse effects Due to how antipsychotics works, there's always a need for one or the other depending on each cases, it's type and severity. However the aim for most patients is to first be managed in the best way possible and adverse effects of these medications on long term are monitored.
Haloperidol, Prolixin as well as other first line drugs for antipsychotics are used depending on each patient's case. Haloperidol and other first lines would be generally advised in severe cases and safer options would be used in minor cases when it comes to medications.
Proloxin like you mentioned has been discontinued in Australia and some places in Asia due to almost similar siude effects with Haldol but still used in the US and UK. Meanwhile Haloperidol is still very much used in Asia, China precisely but of course patients are well monitored to avoid complications.
As for Nigeria Haloperidol is not the primary treatment ooooo, but it's still used in many cases of schizophrenia. And it's cheaper too, compared to other safer options. Let's not talk about the relationship between money and healthcare in Nigeria.
Not to criticize our healthcare, you'd be shocked about medical practice in Nigeria if you weren't a Nigerian. Little to no research is done so you still see many drugs which have been discontinued out there still used here (Not talking about Haloperidol here). Not because there are fake Medical practitioners but because the system is fúcked up. There's little to no concern or support for the medical sector. Doctors in many teaching hospitals are not even provided with gloves to work with (I kid you not) or other primary equipments (let's not talk about how there's you can't get a CT scan or MRI done here because the machine is faulty. It has been faulty for 2yrs and still counting) so tell me how would government care to give a shít about research or even provide opportunities to learning.
There's still lack of exposure to new techniques because there's little to no fund for training.
I remember asking a consultant why they still use a certain drug generally used for CPR here in Nigeria when it has repeatedly been proven that it's of no use. He agrees but the nurses don't know because of lack of information. It's Nigeria my man.
It's discontinued because they've made research. Though in severe cases, even in the US, they might use first lines irrespective of the side effects and what they say about discontinuation. It's medicine las las. There's always a bypass.

You didn't ask me about some of these things I just thought it'll be easier if I explain why there's a major dysfunction in the healthcare system.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
SmooshCHN:

First of all, different antipsychotics are used in different cases. There's first line and second line antipsychotics. They all have different degrees to which they perform, different doses and different side effects however, the primary need is cure. Haloperidol is not used in all cases.
Generally, all antipsychotics all have their adverse effects Due to how antipsychotics works, there's always a need for one or the other depending on each cases, it's type and severity. However the aim for most patients is to first be managed in the best way possible and adverse effects of these medications on long term are monitored.
Haloperidol, Prolixin as well as other first line drug for antipsychotics depending on each patients cases is still used. First lines would be generally advised in severe cases and second lines in many other cases when it comes to medications.
Proloxin like you mentioned has been discontinued in Australia and some places in Asia but still used in the US and UK. Meanwhile Haloperidol is still very much used in Asia, China precisely but of course patients are well monitored to avoid complications.
As for Nigeria, not to criticize our healthcare, you'd be shocked about the medical practice in Nigeria. Little to no research is done so you still see many drugs which have been discontinued out there still used here (Not talking about Haloperidol here). Not because there are fake Medical practitioners but because the system is fúcked up. There's little to no concern for the medical sector. Doctors in many teaching hospitals are not even provided with gloves to work with or other primary equipments (let's not talk about how there's you can't get a CT scan or MRI done here because the machine is faulty) so tell me how would government care to give a shít about research?
There's still lack of exposure to new techniques because there's little to no fund for training.
I remember asking a consultant why they still use a certain drug generally used for CPR here in Nigeria when it has repeatedly been proven that it's of no use.
It's discontinued because they've made research. In severe cases, even in the US, they'll still use first line.

SMH! Save your ramblings small fry. All this while you've been trying to prescribe this poison to me i knew something was wrong. The devil sent yee to kill me.

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
RiskelWillow:

SMH! Save your ramblings small fry. All this while you've been trying to prescribe this poison to me i knew something was wrong. The devil sent yee to kill me.
Dude, sleep man. You need it. I've always advised you needed help not death or prayers.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
donlittle25:
Your first moments here, you went off accusing and abusing everyone on this thread. People tried to tell you to chill, you went off.

There is honestly something wrong with you. You have my social media handle, not only that, you follow my posts, and you even know my relationship status. Like you wake up in the money and type in my handle and you think you are normal?

You literally searched for it and you keep yourself informed about my personal life up to my relationship status.

You weren’t on Nland for months and the moment you came back, you talked about my personal life which shows while you weren’t here, you were keeping yourself up to date with my life on social media.

You need help. Serious help. You remind me of Haywire in prison break. Obsessed. You even know what I wear.

people who talk like this about an individual seriously wish they can be like that individual.
He really does all these? For real? Wow.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
SmooshCHN:
In this guy's case, there's no option man. It's IV, slowly. His symptoms. grin

First of all before someone misquotes me or start throwing words, different antipsychotics are used in different cases. There are first line and second line antipsychotics. They all have different degrees to which they perform, different doses and different side effects however, the primary need is cure. Haloperidol is not used in all cases.
Haloperidol, Prolixin as well as other first line drug for antipsychotics depending on each patients cases is still used. Haloperidol would be generally advised in severe cases and safer options many other cases when it comes to medications.
Proloxin like you mentioned has been discontinued in Australia and some places in Asia but still used in the US and UK. Meanwhile Haloperidol is still very much used in Asia, China precisely but of course patients are well monitored to avoid complications.
As for Nigeria, not to criticize our healthcare, you'd be shocked about the medical practice in Nigeria. Little to no research is done so you still see many drugs which have been discontinued out there still used here (Not talking about Haloperidol here). Not because there are fake Medical practitioners but because the system is fúcked up. There's little to no concern for the medical sector. Doctors in many teaching hospitals are not even provided with gloves to work with or other primary equipments (let's not talk about how there's you can't get a CT scan or MRI done here because the machine is faulty) so tell me how would government care to give a shít about research?
I remember asking a consultant why they still use a certain drug generally used for CPR here in Nigeria when it has repeatedly been proven that it's of no use. He agrees but the nurses don't know because of lack of information. It's Nigeria my man.
It's discontinued because they've made research. Though in severe cases, even in the US, they might use first lines irrespective of the side effects and what they say about discontinuation.

I can't speak for other countries but over here in the US, providers are almost no longer prescribing Haloperidol for new patients and patients who are currently using it are being tapered off it and it is being replaced with other 1st generation or 2nd generation antipsychotic medications in most cases. In contrast to other countries, the priority of medicine in the US, especially mental health has transcended immediate cure and that is why there is a lot of focus on adverse long term effect versus immediate cure.
You are right, not all 1st generation anti-psychotic meds are bad but they have very similar compounds and no one wants the liability that comes with them. The positive thing about them though is that they are shown to be more effective in comparison and relatively cheaper but again the long term effects of Haldol which is my focus is more catastrophic than the short term gain.
You have to also remember that mental health is unlike other aspects of health. Mental health diagnosis in most cases is a lifetime diagnosis and not like an infection you can administer antibiotics and move on from because it is not infectious. That means the long term effect of medications in mental health is very very important so you don't create another demon in the near future, which is the problem with Haldol as research has shown.
Recently, I read new research following 15 individuals diagnosed with similar mental health issues who are now adults but were administered Haldol in their teens and all of them are showing signs of significant brain damage. I really feel bad for providers in Nigeria, they are really pulling above their weights when you consider the resources available, worth more research.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
donlittle25:

You weren’t on Nland for months and the moment you came back, you talked about my personal life which shows while you weren’t here, you were keeping yourself up to date with my life on social media.

ok this is some scary ish shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
My guy, Na so we see am o. Like homeboy really came after taking months off and started talking about stuff I posted months back both on IG and Twitter.
birdman:

ok this is some scary ish shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
I swear, I even tried ignoring him and uncle just finds time to talk about me. Sick fellow I tell you
SmooshCHN:
He really does all these? For real? Wow.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
donlittle25:
I swear, I even tried ignoring him and uncle just finds time to talk about me. Sick fellow I tell you

Oh now you're playing the victim? Are you done beating your chest? How about you give me a time and a place? I dare you.

I am the pale horse of death and hell follows me boy. i am bathe in the blood of the lamb. you ape! coward! Ćocksucker! prepare for the devil. i shall deliver you unto his fvcking kingdom come.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lol it’s what you did tho, I am not worried about you. Just calling out your obsessive behavior
RiskelWillow:

Oh now you're playing the victim? Are you done beating your chest? How about you give me a time and a place? I dare you.

I am the pale horse of death and hell follows me boy. i am bathe in the blood of the lamb. you ape! coward! Ćocksucker! prepare for the devil. i shall deliver you unto his fvcking kingdom come.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
donlittle25:
Lol it’s what you did tho, I am not worried about you. Just calling out your obsessive behavior

I spoke to lila williams yesterday. She told me to tell you, "you never stood a fvcking chance".
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
RiskelWillow:

I spoke to lila williams yesterday. She told me to tell you, "you never stood a fvcking chance".

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
The poster above with multiple nairaland account is suffering from neuro psychiatric disorders, mental imbalance and recurrent hallucination. He has infected the other guy too. No wonder the north is the bane of Nigerias progress

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2019
yomi96:
The poster above with multiple nairaland account is suffering from neuro psychiatric disorders, mental imbalance and recurrent hallucination. He has infected the other guy too. No wonder the north is the bane of Nigerias progress

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2019
[quote author=RiskelWillow post=80366714][/quote]fact
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2019
Guys, let's keep this place sane and interesting. I often wonder the ages of some people here.

It's beginning to irk me.

Let's rethink why we are here.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
yomi96:
fact

You should feel privileged to be in the same country with the greatest ethnic group to ever walk the planet. We were you before you even existed. We are the ones saving you from yourselves. You'd all be worse off without us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
DeeMain:
Guys, let's keep this place sane and interesting. I often wonder the ages of some people here.

It's beginning to irk me.

Let's rethink why we are here.

As if you're not one of the many who conspire against me on this thread. Hypocrite!
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
RiskelWillow:

As if you're not one of the many who conspire against me on this thread. Hypocrite!

Hmmmm, this is getting interesting.
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
[s][/s]
RiskelWillow:

You should feel privileged to be in the same country with the greatest ethnic group to ever walk the planet. We were you before you even existed. We are the ones saving you from yourselves. You'd all be worse off without us.
[s][/s]Hush boi, this is to school your ignorance.

Noah Ebije, Kaduna

Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai has said that, Nigeria consists of two countries: a developing South, and a backward, less educated and unhealthy North, with the highest number of poor people in the world.
El-Rufai equally lamented that the northern region has development indicators similar to that of Afganistan, a country at war.

Speaking in Kaduna on Saturday at the Northern Youth Summit organised by Northern Hibiscus, an NGO, El-Rufai however said that the problems of the region must be addressed collectively as a group of 19 northern states governors, not as individual states.
El-Rufai said the summit whose theme was “Awakening the Arewa Spirit,” was very timely, adding that “when we talk about awakening the spirit, it means the spirit is either sleeping or dead. Therefore, this summit is very important, just like our keynote address speaker has said.

“But, looking at the statistics, Nigeria appears to be a middle-income country. But, if we segregate those statistics across states and zones, you will see that in terms of human development indicators, Nigeria consists of two countries; there is a backward, less educated and unhealthy northern Nigeria and a developing, largely educated and healthy southern Nigeria.

“We have to speak the truth to ourselves and ask why is it that northern Nigeria has development indicators similar to Afganistan, a country still at war?
“We have the largest number of poor people in the world, most of them in northern Nigeria. Nigeria also has the largest number of out-of-school children, virtually all of them in Northern Nigeria.

“Northern Nigeria has become the centre of drug abuse, gender violence, banditry, kidnapping and terrorism. We have also been associated with high divorce rate and breakdown of families. These are the challenges that confront us. This is the Unclad truth that we have to tell ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
yomi96:
[/s][s]Hush boi, this is to school your ignorance.

Noah Ebije, Kaduna

Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai has said that, Nigeria consists of two countries: a developing South, and a backward, less educated and unhealthy North, with the highest number of poor people in the world.
El-Rufai equally lamented that the northern region has development indicators similar to that of Afganistan, a country at war.

Speaking in Kaduna on Saturday at the Northern Youth Summit organised by Northern Hibiscus, an NGO, El-Rufai however said that the problems of the region must be addressed collectively as a group of 19 northern states governors, not as individual states.
El-Rufai said the summit whose theme was “Awakening the Arewa Spirit,” was very timely, adding that “when we talk about awakening the spirit, it means the spirit is either sleeping or dead. Therefore, this summit is very important, just like our keynote address speaker has said.

“But, looking at the statistics, Nigeria appears to be a middle-income country. But, if we segregate those statistics across states and zones, you will see that in terms of human development indicators, Nigeria consists of two countries; there is a backward, less educated and unhealthy northern Nigeria and a developing, largely educated and healthy southern Nigeria.

“We have to speak the truth to ourselves and ask why is it that northern Nigeria has development indicators similar to Afganistan, a country still at war?
“We have the largest number of poor people in the world, most of them in northern Nigeria. Nigeria also has the largest number of out-of-school children, virtually all of them in Northern Nigeria.

“Northern Nigeria has become the centre of drug abuse, gender violence, banditry, kidnapping and terrorism. We have also been associated with high divorce rate and breakdown of families. These are the challenges that confront us. This is the Unclad truth that we have to tell ourselves.

Ooh God. Why are there so many frustrated souls on this forum? If you're hungry mate, bashing the north on nairaland won't put food in your belly. Go and find something productive to do with your life. Oh and learn not to stick your fat nose into things that do not concern you, what happens in the north is our business and our business alone. The south is so friggin great it makes Abu Dhabi look like a war zone, good for you. But why can't you keep the north out of your friggin mouth?
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
[s][/s]
RiskelWillow:

Ooh God. Why are there so many frustrated souls on this forum? If you're hungry mate, bashing the north on nairaland won't put food in your belly. Go and find something productive to do with your life. Oh and learn not to stick your fat nose into things that do not concern you, what happens in the north is our business and our business alone. The south is so friggin great it makes Abu Dhabi look like a war zone, good for you. But why can't you keep the north out of your friggin mouth?
[s][/s] Clap trap. Your just a typical frustrated Muppet, of a failed quota system.
And yes I will continue to talk about the north or any part of the country, cause that's what patriotic Nigerians do. No wonder you people are afraid of the country being balkanised. Leeches.
Maybe if you guys stop attache by force, and stop misusing the living resources you get off the south, or better still, when you crooks agree to leave, then I will gladly stop talking about it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
The cowboys are in for it now. Zeke is getting ready to stick it to them
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Guys, the way this is going you people are asking for a boycott of this beautiful thread. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
Khanben:
The cowboys are in for it now. Zeke is getting ready to stick it to them
But for Dak's dodgy arm and accuracy Zeke would have been easily replaceable. He's still only 24 though so not paying him at this point would be plain stupid
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
Roland17:

I can't speak for other countries but over here in the US, providers are almost no longer prescribing Haloperidol for new patients and patients who are currently using it are being tapered off it and it is being replaced with other 1st generation or 2nd generation antipsychotic medications in most cases. In contrast to other countries, the priority of medicine in the US, especially mental health has transcended immediate cure and that is why there is a lot of focus on adverse long term effect versus immediate cure.
You are right, not all 1st generation anti-psychotic meds are bad but they have very similar compounds and no one wants the liability that comes with them. The positive thing about them though is that they are shown to be more effective in comparison and relatively cheaper but again the long term effects of Haldol which is my focus is more catastrophic than the short term gain.
You have to also remember that mental health is unlike other aspects of health. Mental health diagnosis in most cases is a lifetime diagnosis and not like an infection you can administer antibiotics and move on from because it is not infectious. That means the long term effect of medications in mental health is very very important so you don't create another demon in the near future, which is the problem with Haldol as research has shown.
Recently, I read new research following 15 individuals diagnosed with similar mental health issues who are now adults but were administered Haldol in their teens and all of them are showing signs of significant brain damage. I really feel bad for providers in Nigeria, they are really pulling above their weights when you consider the resources available, worth more research.

You're absolutely right and I agree with you on every part there. It's part of why I can't continue to stay here. There's honestly not enough concern for patients on the long run because the system is not built that way. It's basically a system that only allows you to "fix the main issue with the little you have been provided with in the cheapest way possible and move on". I'm not going to lie. My spirit doesn't sit right with most of what I see. I probably shouldn't be saying this on a public forum but it's the truth. Healthcare in other countries are progressive in every aspect. There's a regard for life before, during or after a visit to the hospital. There's research, there proper education, there's more than enough resources to do your best to help, there are inventions suited to making people live better lives. I can't remember doing any laparoscopic procedure (everything was basically open) while I was here and simply because there's little to no resources for it. There's no need to go into details. However, I noticed there's a bit of exposure to new ideas, knowledge, information, etc for those who actively researched but it's all limited in practice due to how the system is structured. I don't really know much in terms of the practical experience which is why I decided to come back and while I've got good experience here in Nigeria, it does feel like watching a 144p video in slow mo.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
DeeMain:
Guys, the way this is going you people are asking for a boycott of this beautiful thread. lipsrsealed
You know who is causing all these. We've done a bad job by giving him attention. I'm guilty.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
Na me guilty pass
SmooshCHN:
You know who is causing all these. We've done a bad job by giving him attention. I'm guilty.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
A40:
But for Dak's dodgy arm and accuracy Zeke would have been easily replaceable. He's still only 24 though so not paying him at this point would be plain stupid

And with these obvious defiinecies, the Cowboys want to make Dak the highest-paid QB or within the top 3, prioritizing him ahead of Zeke? Zeke has his issues but he deserves his payday and without him, the Cowboys offense will struggle under the current system.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
Roland17:

And with these obvious defiinecies, the Cowboys want to make Dak the highest-paid QB or within the top 3, prioritizing him ahead of Zeke? Zeke has his issues but he deserves his payday and without him, the Cowboys offense will struggle under the current system.
Are they crazy? I can name 10 QBs in the NFL better than Dak without breaking stride.

Zeke on the other hand is a top 3-5 RB in the league. I would only put a healthy Bell, Gurley and Alvin Kamara ahead of him and that's even debatable

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: SmooshCHN and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.