Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630104 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:14am On Oct 25, 2020
A40:

Did they really take them out? Let's just thank God Abacha died because our matter for worse pass Cameroon. Have you forgotten all the 5 political parties had nominated Abacha as their sole presidential candidate

He was poisoned to death, and his notorious aide de camp Mustapha confirmed as much. The most info anyone has on the culprits is that it was a long planned plot to off Abacha and had to have been in play for while to intercept the foriegn women who would brought to Abacha. Highest on the list of suspects are SW elements, with Diya playing some kind of role. Why? Because it turns out that when Abacha had arrested Diya for treason, there really was a plot to take Abacha down. But the threat was so vague Abacha could never quite pinpoint what it was, and Diya knelt and cried like he was innocent grin

Many of the APC stalwarts you see today served some good jail time for protesting under Abacha, plotting ways to keep Abacha on his toes. Countless others died like fowl. See big men like Pa Rewane, etc taken out just like that.

These are things youth have to be taught. The future may belong to you, but if you dont respect the past, you will repeat the same mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Oct 25, 2020
If you are not watching this years World Series between the Dodgers and Rays especially tonight’s game 4, you are missing a lot!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
donlittle25:
Bro, the truth is we are sitting on a ticking time bomb. If care is not taken in the next few weeks, it will be chaos.
It's why I'm so upset that people are busy discrediting protests, falling for the government propaganda and playing ostrich.

Nigeria is not working for a lot of people and you have the few people it's working for keep pretending that it's ok, you have the others who it's barely working for but are too scared to complain and demand better joining government to spread lies and faux propaganda just to pretend like things are OK

There is hunger in the land the type that we have never seen before in peacetime. Youths are hungry and angry and are not thinking like human beings anymore. I just hope these protests achieve the bigger aim which is to highlight just how much misrule has been going and for the youths to channel their anger wisely especially in 2023, but to start doing the groundwork now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
birdman:

He was poisoned to death, and his notorious aide de camp Mustapha confirmed as much. The most info anyone has on the culprits is that it was a long planned plot to off Abacha and had to have been in play for while to intercept the foriegn women who would brought to Abacha. Highest on the list of suspects are SW elements, with Diya playing some kind of role. Why? Because it turns out that when Abacha had arrested Diya for treason, there really was a plot to take Abacha down. But the threat was so vague Abacha could never quite pinpoint what it was, and Diya knelt and cried like he was innocent grin
Of course we all knew Abacha was a mad dog that needed to be put down and like you said that was an intricate plot by people at the top not necessarily protesters, The older generation didn't really do anything to Abacha. Fortunately the higher brass of military shared the same aim when it became clear Abacha was going to overstay his welcome

birdman:

Many of the APC stalwarts you see today served some good jail time for protesting under Abacha, plotting ways to keep Abacha on his toes. Countless others died like fowl. See big men like Pa Rewane, etc taken out just like that.

These are things youth have to be taught. The future may belong to you, but if you dont respect the past, you will repeat the same mistakes.
I don't really know about that. Who are the notable APC stalwarts that we can point to that did jail time under Abacha? As far as I remember Tinubu ran away, Buhari was PTF head under Abacha

First and foremost I don't think it was going to be realistic to even topple or overthrow anybody. What I'm happy the youth did or attempt to do was to show the level of rot and the level of hunger in the land that allows so many anomalies to thrive. Now that we have established that APC and PDP are both peas of same pod. How do we inject a completely different breed of guys who let's face it might not be perfect but who would at least be willing to make things work
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
@A40..You better come out now and pay the GOAT his due homage!! angry angry angry

Did you see how he shredded the Texans!!!!

You better be RESPECTFUL and watch it while you are it!!!! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
Roland17:
@A40..You better come out now and pay the GOAT his due homage!! angry angry angry

Did you see how he shredded the Texans!!!!

You better be RESPECTFUL and watch it while you are it!!!! angry
The Texans are 1-4 mate
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
K.D.. lol grin wink

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
A40:

I don't really know about that. Who are the notable APC stalwarts that we can point to that did jail time under Abacha? As far as I remember Tinubu ran away, Buhari was PTF head under Abacha

The foot soldiers like Rauf Aregbesola caught the hardships, checkout his early days and his rise to become a governor. There are dozens just like him, most are not recognizable household names, but they were the resistance on ground in those days when guys like Soyinka had to flee. And they now act as political gatekeepers and kingmakers. This is why APC has been hard to beat in many states, the operatives are rugged and have history of political fights from youth.

The young agitators of today must read up on these people's examples, especially because some of them will be excellent allies, and some will stand in their way. This is 10 year, 20 year journey and we need to ready our minds for this. I say we because I look like a dinosaur to a 21 year old grin, but thats because they haven't lived long enough to understand what youth means.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Birdman and a40 fit don get pikin for covenant university or redeemer like this

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
I checked the profile of Rauf and Jagaban is only five years older than him? shocked

I saw a video of Tinubu talking two days ago after he supposedly arrived from france or whatever, and i could see his hands shaking really bad. He seems to have a mild case of parkinson’s or Tremor going on or am i tripping?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
donlittle25:
I checked the profile of Rauf and Jagaban is only five years older than him? shocked

I saw a video of Tinubu talking two days ago after he supposedly arrived from france or whatever, and i could see his hands shaking really bad. He seems to have a mild case of parkinson’s or Tremor going on or am i tripping?

I cant remember where I heard he drinks a substantial amount. He does have the look of someone who lived rough at some point, so it wouldnt surprise me
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
donlittle25:

man, I wish grin. I don reach potty training stage...hmm, my people, I have come to Jesus moments every day lipsrsealed And bible talk sey na blessing, ol boy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
donlittle25:
Lmaoooo I never born yam talkless of human being. I just get awareness of these things from young age
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
birdman:

I cant remember where I heard he drinks a substantial amount. He does have the look of someone who lived rough at some point, so it wouldnt surprise me
https://www.nairaland.com/1438172/asiwaju-tinubu-down-parkinson-disease

I just checked nairaland and i saw that from there. Don’t know how true it is but what i saw wasn’t from drinking definitely. It’s definitely parkinson’s. i will post the video once i see it here.

How does he wants to lead the most populous black nation in the world like that? This people just they like play tinko tinko with our lives. From umaru to buhari. i they vex

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Congratulations to the Dodgers on winning the World Series. L.A is a city of champions. LeBron goes to L.A and suddenly the winning mentality comes back to the city. smiley

Up to you Rams...or Chargers sad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:04am On Oct 28, 2020
The Dodgers retweeted congratulatory messages from Chargers, LA Kings, LA Galaxy, Sparks, LAFC, Rams and Lakers...but they flat out ignored the Clippers' message cheesy Clippers don suffer for this L.A walahi. If na me I go pack my bag jeje dey go grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2020
donlittle25:
https://www.nairaland.com/1438172/asiwaju-tinubu-down-parkinson-disease

I just checked nairaland and i saw that from there. Don’t know how true it is but what i saw wasn’t from drinking definitely. It’s definitely parkinson’s. i will post the video once i see it here.

How does he wants to lead the most populous black nation in the world like that? This people just they like play tinko tinko with our lives. From umaru to buhari. i they vex
All these people stealing money like say another life dey wey dem go spend am. To what end?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:13am On Oct 29, 2020
steady986:
The Dodgers retweeted congratulatory messages from Chargers, LA Kings, LA Galaxy, Sparks, LAFC, Rams and Lakers...but they flat out ignored the Clippers' message cheesy Clippers don suffer for this L.A walahi. If na me I go pack my bag jeje dey go grin

LA na prima donna. They dont like losing teams

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
SAS talking about Sixers trading for Harden. Does he realize Harden and Doc Rivers can never coexist? They see bball differently undecided And goodluck with Morey, Sixers. Here is to an "interesting" 2020s for you lol

In other news, dantoni has self demoted himself to assistant coach under Nash. When keeping it real goes wrong grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Come and see your Aaron Rodgers oh @Roland17
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
A40:
Come and see your Aaron Rodgers oh @Roland17

I knew it! You have come with your DISRESPECTFUL self to question the greatness of the GOAT.
I knew you were waiting for this!! He had a good game but our receivers and DL could not stop the run to save our lives.
Re: The NBA Begins by daakins(m): 5:43am On Nov 02, 2020
FOR YOUR DAILY FOOTBALL BETTING PREDICTIONS, VISIT

www.daakinstips.com.ng

EVERYDAY IS A GREEN DAY !!!!!

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
A40 BOUNCE OUT!!!!
If the GOAT had a horrendous game like Brady did last night you would have been here calling out the GOAT.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
Roland17:
A40 BOUNCE OUT!!!!
If the GOAT had a horrendous game like Brady did last night you would have been here calling out the GOAT.
They got the Dub while your fraud, phony #12 got the L

Luckily you lot play in a mediocre division
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:54am On Nov 06, 2020
This DL is just useless angry We can stop a worm as a RB at this point. The SF are depleted to the bones especially in offense yet we can stop the run!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:10am On Nov 06, 2020
How about the LB’s and Safeties? angry angry This defense is horrible angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52am On Nov 06, 2020
A40 come out now oh! We no go see you now...The GOAT is pretty much doing this with scrubs, of course with the exception of D. Adams..and you better not tell me it is the 49ers angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Roland17:
A40 come out now oh! We no go see you now...The GOAT is pretty much doing this with scrubs, of course with the exception of D. Adams..and you better not tell me it is the 49ers angry angry
Lol you ought to be ashamed of yourself half the 49ers squad is on injured reserve from Jimmy G, George Kittle to Nick Bosa
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
A40:
Lol you ought to be ashamed of yourself half the 49ers squad is on injured reserve from Jimmy G, George Kittle to Nick Bosa

WATCH IT!!!

I will not listen to you go on your DISRESPECTFUL tirade about the GOAT..I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up with these excuses. The GOAT wins a game, it’s a problem, he loses, it’s still a problem!!!

We had a game to win and the GOAT did the business and you should show him some more RESPECT!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Roland17:

WATCH IT!!!

I will not listen to you go on your DISRESPECTFUL tirade about the GOAT..I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up with these excuses. The GOAT wins a game, it’s a problem, he loses, it’s still a problem!!!

We had a game to win and the GOAT did the business and you should show him some more RESPECT!
I don't need to remind you of the untold hardship and sorrow your Green Bay shitpackers suffered when you faced a healthy 49ers squad twice last season. Enjoy your dodgy win against a severely weakened 49ers squad.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
A40:
I don't need to remind you of the untold hardship and sorrow your Green Bay shitpackers suffered when you faced a healthy 49ers squad twice last season. Enjoy your dodgy win against a severely weakened 49ers squad.

You had to go there, didn't you? Didn't you? I can't start my weekend with these DISRESPECTFUL rants about the GOAT from you! I am not going to sit down and read your increasingly DISRESPECTFUL rants about one of the storied franchises in the history of the NFL.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
I was wondering what happened to Will Cain at ESPN, until I saw him on Fox News this morning. He's left the left-leaning network to join the far right network where he truly belongs. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.