Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,893 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1719515 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:14am On Oct 23, 2021
Once again, the Suns are running the Lakers out of the gym. Fast paced transition basketball..Where did I see this tape? Oh, last season, round 1 playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:19am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:
Once again, the Suns are running the Lakers out of the gym. Fast paced transition basketball..Where did I see this tape? Oh, last season, round 1 playoffs.

Who was the genius that thought this Lakers group was built for success.

Lebron’s all star draft picks are better than his team picks.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:20am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

The Astros lead the 7 game series and are up by 2 runs. There are 9 innings in the game of baseball, if they are tied by the bottom of the 9th, the go into extra innings. Each inning is divided into the top and bottom of the inning. Each team will pitch and hit in either of those innings. For example, the Astros will pitch during the top of the 1st inning while the Red Sox will hit during the top. During the bottom of the inning, the Red Sox will pitch while the Astros will hit. Each inning ends after the pitcher pitches to 3 hitters of the opposing team.

You score by making a hit and a player of the team that hit the ball makes it to the home plate. There are 4 plates in MLB (Home plate, first base, second base and third base). In baseball, the pitcher is a defender because he doesn't want the hitter (offense) to make contact with the ball. A hit outside the field is a home run.

It's the bottom of the 7th right now and the Astros have made it to the home plate 2 times and that is why they are up by 2.
Ok this makes sense. At least I understand the basics. I see though that it is possible to score 1,2 even 3 or 4 runs at once. Is that when you knock it out the park? A home run ba. What if you hit it sideways?

Also you have to strike out all 3 hitters abi? How do you do that?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Who was the genius that thought this Lakers group was built for success.

Lebron’s all star draft picks are better than his team picks.

You don hear about the Alec Baldwin situation?
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:23am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Omo I saw it just before sleeping last night.

Took 2 lives just like that?

I haven’t followed up on it since it first broke.

Correction. I think it was just 1 life.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:25am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:
Certain players are simply not stepping up to the plate. If I say Antho you say Ny another man say Davis omo na you sabi

The Lakers were far too dismissive of preseason. A newly formed team like that needed the reps and also needed to take notes of the flaws their 0-6 record showed.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:26am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Why would you point a gun at someone? Loaded or not?

And what are live rounds doing on set in any case?
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:27am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Certain players are simply not stepping up to the plate. If I say Antho you say Ny another man say Davis omo na you sabi

The Lakers were far too dismissive of preseason. A newly formed team like that needed the reps and also needed to take notes of the flaws their 0-6 record showed.

Where is the shooting in that team?

Where is the perimeter defending?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:33am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:

Ok this makes sense. At least I understand the basics. I see though that it is possible to score 1,2 even 3 or 4 runs at once. Is that when you knock it out the park? A home run ba. What if you hit it sideways?

Also you have to strike out all 3 hitters abi? How do you do that?

A home run is a type of score. It happens when a hitter hits it out of the field/ park. A grand slam home run is when the bases are loaded (A loaded base means you have players in all the bases in a scoring situation ) and the pitcher hits a home run, that means all the players on plate will score including the player that hit the home run.

Well, not all pitches end up in strikeouts. A strikeout is the perfect situation for most pitchers. Simply put, a strikeout is a pitch (throw by the pitcher) that the hitter misses. To be considered a strike out the catcher must catch the ball and it must not hit the ground. There are different kinds of pitches and each Ace pitcher has their preferred one.

Let me add: 3 strikes and the hitter is out. Even if a hitter hits the ball, say for instance he hits the ball and it is up in the air and an outfield player catches the ball with no hitting team on base, the hitter is out. If the hitter makes contact with the ball and the ball rolls to the ground but a player from the pitching team catches the ball and makes it to the 1st base before the hitter, the hitter is out.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:33am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Omo I saw it just before sleeping last night.

Took 2 lives just like that?

I haven’t followed up on it since it first broke.

Correction. I think it was just 1 life.

Yea, 1 life..The other lady was hit but did not die
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:34am On Oct 23, 2021
This gun prop thing ehn. If I were an actor or film crew, Anything gun na peace out. That is the most unpredictable thing man has invented. It will jam when its supposed to fire and fire when it's supposed to jam. RIP to the woman. Just 42 cry
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Yea, 1 life..The other lady was hit but did not die

What are details?

Was he just joking around pointing the gun at them?

And how do you mistakenly shoot TWO people?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:36am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Why would you point a gun at someone? Loaded or not?

And what are live rounds doing on set in any case?

It is not the first time he has used a stunt gun but he asked why he was given a loaded gun afterwards. He was told the gun was safe when it was handed over to him. One of the production people gave him the loaded gun. It will be interesting to see how many rounds he fired before he realized it was life..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:40am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Where is the shooting in that team?

Where is the perimeter defending?
That was what preseason was for. To work out those kinks but they took it as a joke. Anyway Horton Tucker, Kendrick Nunn, Ellington and Malik Monk are supposed to provide most of what you mentioned above. But how do they fit in a regular in game rotation. This was what preseason was for. Any team now already knows to hunt Melo and Westbrook in any defensive matchup so you can't play any starting 5 with those two playing big minutes. Figuring the alternative should have been the plan
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:42am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

It is not the first time he has used a stunt gun but he asked why he was given a loaded gun afterwards. He was told the gun was safe when it was handed over to him. One of the production people gave him the loaded gun. It will be interesting to see how many rounds he fired before he realized it was life..

Foolish man. Just wasted a life for no good reason.

Those people were not actors. They weren’t shooting a movie scene. What was he doing shooting at them even if with a “safe” gun?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:48am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Foolish man. Just wasted a life for no good reason.

Those people were not actors. They weren’t shooting a movie scene. What was he doing shooting at them even if with a “safe” gun?

He was careless, he has to take some responsibility but again he was told it was a "Cold Gun" which means no live bullet in movie production. The pesin wen hand am the gun claims he was unaware the gun was loaded. They had 3 prop guns on set but somehow he ended up with a loaded one.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:49am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:
Who dey watch AD vs Dwight drama? grin
Was telling him how buttersoft he was playing and AD took it P grin
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:51am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:

E be like Dwight no need him NBA salary again. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:57am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:

You don carry come now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

You don carry come now
But fr that boy soft as hell
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:00am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

E be like Dwight no need him NBA salary again. grin
Shebi na veteran minimum e dey collect before. E no go mind than to collect insult from small boy
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 5:01am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:

But fr that boy soft as hell

Soft as wet tissue as I said.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 5:03am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Shebi na veteran minimum e dey collect before. E no go mind than to collect insult from small boy

Omo those 2 or 3 million go dey handy down the line post retirement.

Remember say Howard na father of all nations.
5 kids and 5 baby mamas.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:19am On Oct 23, 2021
etidy:

Simmons has more upside than draymond.
In a team with a good coach like steve kerr and no center to clog the lane and multiple shooters, simmons will eat.
What is Simmons upside? If he ever loses his speed he is cooked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:23am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Omo those 2 or 3 million go dey handy down the line post retirement.

Remember say Howard na father of all nations.
5 kids and 5 baby mamas.
That's true sha. I no know wetin dey always worry those people. Its one thing to have one or two. Once e don cross that number I just feel you're selling those kids short and you need to wrap it up
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:34am On Oct 23, 2021
etidy:

Ben is essentially a younger draymond with more length.

Draymond has a greater drive and IQ but in my opinion, draymond can't get better and he's likely to keep depreciating.

Simmons has room for improvement. He's not as bad as this whole situation is making him to be.
What has he improved at since he entered the league? How can you say someone who has been posting the exact same numbers for 4 years have room for improvement? You're falling for those IG videos again abi wetin?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:02am On Oct 23, 2021
Starting the season with this much injuries has really hampered what the Lakers are trying to become. Nunn, Ellington, Ariza and THT were supposed to be key parts of that rotation. These guys bring shooting, defense and grit. Instead we're playing Bradley who we just signed 4 days ago. We're playing Rondo who's meant to be a deep end guy this year. We're playing a rookie who's supposed to be watching and learning. There's just not enough defense and floor spacing with these guys, even though we shot 44% from 3 tonight. That tells you there's shooting but not enough personnel to do it at a high clip.

No panic though. We played two very good teams. I'd be more worried if I got blown out the park like Boston or the Bucks grin or if I lost to the Hornets. Our next couple of fixtures is exactly what we need at this point – mediocre teams. Make we see as e go be.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2021
steady986:
Starting the season with this much injuries has really hampered what the Lakers are trying to become. Nunn, Ellington, Ariza and THT were supposed to be key parts of that rotation. These guys bring shooting, defense and grit. Instead we're playing Bradley who we just signed 4 days ago. We're playing Rondo who's meant to be a deep end guy this year. We're playing a rookie who's supposed to be watching and learning. There's just not enough defense and floor spacing with these guys, even though we shot 44% from 3 tonight. That tells you there's shooting but not enough personnel to do it at a high clip.

No panic though. We played two very good teams. I'd be more worried if I got blown out the park like Boston or the Bucks grin or if I lost to the Hornets. Our next couple of fixtures is exactly what we need at this point – mediocre teams. Make we see as e go be.

The question is: Will the excuses ever stop?
These much excuses for injured role players fa. Chai
Your supposed big 3 dey fit o, yet see as you load the excuse dey give us. Wetin you come want make Chef talk na?
Instead make you talk say una don Bleep up. Sheybe we don already know say una Bleep up. Which one con be say you go worry if you get blown out? Una own blowout dey come, same way wipe out dey come for that team and your very important rotation players grin grin grin grin
Baba shit happens, make una calm down abeg, your guys don begin fight each other ontop court, I just say the comedy go continue, cos e dey sweet us
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:11am On Oct 23, 2021
I love the discussion being held about Lillard.

I have always held the opinion that Lillard has faced less pressure compared to other superstars he's being placed on the pedestal.

Cj is a very good player, nurkic is a very decent center, covington is a good 3 and D player and the list goes on.

I agree that his roster is flawed but the biggest grouse i have with him is that he's not ready to make the necessary sacrifice to win.

He has never put sufficient pressure on the front office to make the trades that the team needs to win.
I don't buy all this fake stat padding and fake loyalty trying to form the good guy, that's just cowardice.

Your team is starting 3 guards and you can't demand they should trade one for a small forward. What's stopping them from putting a package around CJ and " trying " to get Ben Simmons?

Lastly, while Lillard is a great shooter and good passer who gets good assist numbers, he doesn't make his team mates better like say a steph curry.

Lillard is so ball dominant that once he's having a poor shooting night, there is problem for the team. On the flip side steph has strong intangibles like his off ball movement, steph utilizes his threat to shoot so well that his team mates end up with easy buckets.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2021
From Klay with love grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

The question is: Will the excuses ever stop?
These much excuses for injured role players fa. Chai
Your supposed big 3 dey fit o, yet see as you load the excuse dey give us. Wetin you come want make Chef talk na?
Instead make you talk say una don Bleep up. Sheybe we don already know say una Bleep up. Which one con be say you go worry if you get blown out? Una own blowout dey come, same way wipe out dey come for that team and your very important rotation players grin grin grin grin
Baba shit happens, make una calm down abeg, your guys don begin fight each other ontop court, I just say the comedy go continue, cos e dey sweet us

Same way you're criticizing after just two game of the regular season is the same way I'm giving excuses. How can you conclude that the team is bleeped up after two games? We go dey right, no worry yourself.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:38am On Oct 23, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:
From Klay with love grin grin grin

Lol. Make e go sidon. He was the third option in most of those championship runs grin You sef look am na: is Klay a top 75 greatest basketballer of all time? Make em dey clam down jare. Make we worry about Vince and Dwight and some other people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.