Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623949 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
steady986:

We've seen Klay get compared to Steph a lot of times in terms of getting hot from beyond the arc. Klay has records that even Steph doesn't have. When Klay made 14 3s in a game, it was Steph's record he broke. And he did it in 27 mins. It's Klay who scored 37 points in a quarter of basketball. I don't see Ray Allen or Reggie Miller in any of these conversations. They could shoot quite alright, but their records are longevity records. Klay has had a carrier high of 60 since 2016, Steph reached that mark for the first time this year. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise; Klay is a generational talent and his talent is shooting. He might not be a franchise player like Steph and these other superstars, but his talent for shooting is unmatched.

Let me get you, Klay is a generational talent because of just his shooting.
If that is what you mean then are Gorbert, Ben Wallace, mutombo, all generational talent because of their incredible rim protection. Are J Crawford, j Williams, shamgod, all generational talent because of their handles.
Also how can one be a generational talent if they cannot be the number 1 option?

PS: For all the records Steph and Klay have, they only got there because of the volume of 3s their era allows them to take. I remember listening to an interview with Ray Allen and he said. If he shot as often as even average shooters do now when he got to the league, he would have got sent to the bench.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
Meanwhile... Kansas City Chiefs
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Khanben:

Let me get you, Klay is a generational talent because of just his shooting.
If that is what you mean then are Gorbert, Ben Wallace, mutombo, all generational talent because of their incredible rim protection. Are J Crawford, j Williams, shamgod, all generational talent because of their handles.
Also how can one be a generational talent if they cannot be the number 1 option?

PS: For all the records Steph and Klay have, they only got there because of the volume of 3s their era allows them to take. I remember listening to an interview with Ray Allen and he said. If he shot as often as even average shooters do now when he got to the league, he would have got sent to the bench.

Rim protection is not really a skill, it's more of effort than anything. And these guys you mentioned are/were able to do it because of their height. Ball handling? Come on. Half the league can handle the ball magnificently. Some just don't choose to be flashy with it or don't need to.

Khanben:

So by this analogy you're suggesting there's an argument that Steph is not the greatest shooter of all time? Because he too has benefitted from volume shooting.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
steady986:

Rim protection is not really a skill, it's more of effort than anything. And these guys you mentioned are/were able to do it because of their height. Ball handling? Come on. Half the league can handle the ball magnificently. Some just don't choose to be flashy with it or don't need to.

So by this analogy you're suggesting there's an argument that Steph is not the greatest shooter of all time? Because he too has benefitted from volume shooting.

The argument is based on generational talent not great shooting. You said that because Klay is second best shooter of all time, that equates to him being a generational talent. Steph is a generational talent not because he can just shoot but became is a bona-fide top tier number 1 option. You are the first person I have ever heard who equates a generational talent as one who is exceptional at just one skill.
Klay is a great shooter, but calling him a generational talent is watering down the term.
Is Rodman a generational talent because he is the greatest rebounder of all time?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Shey I said it here previously that e be like say Mahomes don dey cast small small. E get wetin I see when I talk am. Something tells me that Superbowl humiliation is still rocking them
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
@Roland17
Shey you dey see how GOAT Brady dey dismantle those teddy bears from Chicago with zero fuss and without noise. That's how its done
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
A40:
@Roland17
Shey you dey see how GOAT Brady dey dismantle those teddy bears from Chicago with zero fuss and without noise. That's how its done

Hol Up! Hoooool Uuuuup!!

I have not seen you pay homage to the real GOAT after getting the job done!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
A40:
Shey I said it here previously that e be like say Mahomes don dey cast small small. E get wetin I see when I talk am. Something tells me that Superbowl humiliation is still rocking them

Naaaa. I think you are overreacting. You can make a case that he took too much money and now has no O line to protect him. The man is getting sacked like potatoes with no help. They lost too many guys after his contract and that was evident in the SB loss. The beat down has continued since that SB loss as teams have an easier way to game plan against him.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
The Nets getting that work. Apparently it's not only the Lakers that are having issues with their team. Oya, where are the analysts? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
Happy Birthday Jaylen Brown (JB)!

It seems he is out for today's game against Houston.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
steady986:
The Nets getting that work. Apparently it's not only the Lakers that are having issues with their team. Oya, where are the analysts? grin

Wetin dey do Harden?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
Roland17:

Hol Up! Hoooool Uuuuup!!

I have not seen you pay homage to the real GOAT after getting the job done!
I am paying homage to the real GOAT. 4 TDs and na 3rd quarter we still dey not like a certain Fraudgers that was celebrating beating Justin Fields and the Teddy bears that have been rubbish
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
602 TDs. What Brady is doing we will never see again. This is Gretzkyesque
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
These Hornets look a solid unit with Lamelo running the show and Miles Bridges looking like he's ready to take the next step. More importantly no Rozier to shoot them out of games today with his wack shot selection. Old Charlotte would have been blown out from that second quarter onwards but this is the 3rd straight time I have seen them bounce back. Has the GOAT finally struck gold? Stay tuned

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:02am On Oct 25, 2021
A40:
These Hornets look a solid unit with Lamelo running the show and Miles Bridges looking like he's ready to take the next step. More importantly no Rozier to shoot them out of games today with his wack shot selection. Old Charlotte would have been blown out from that second quarter onwards but this is the 3rd straight time I have seen them bounce back. Has the GOAT finally struck gold? Stay tuned

If Bridges can establish himself as a 25ppg scorer then IMHO the Hornets will make the playoffs baring injuries. They are really fun to watch

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53am On Oct 25, 2021
Roland17:

Naaaa. I think you are overreacting. You can make a case that he took too much money and now has no O line to protect him. The man is getting sacked like potatoes with no help. They lost too many guys after his contract and that was evident in the SB loss. The beat down has continued since that SB loss as teams have an easier way to game plan against him.
Lmao walahi you're like a man that caught his lady cheating but you don't want to believe it so you give her an opportunity to convince you otherwise. The O-Line is not the problem! The main issue is the Chiefs have been sussed out and the gap they held over the other teams is closing. Mahomes is also not helping matters as that offense is always hunting the big play. Mahomes has thrown more picks already than he did last season but even when they were great they had to always come from behind. Their luck had been at the edge of a cliff and now they have pushed it
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 1:03am On Oct 25, 2021
Again special mention to Patty Mills. 10/10 3- pointers. No one has ever done it. Impressive.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:49am On Oct 25, 2021
FBS:
Again special mention to Patty Mills. 10/10 3- pointers. No one has ever done it. Impressive.

Patty is playing out of his mind right now. I don’t think anyone would be surprised considering what he did during the Olympics. Most of the guys that performed in the Olympics have carried on from where they stopped.. The Nets are going to need him in the post season when they need scoring, he just needs to stay healthy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:52am On Oct 25, 2021
A40:
Lmao walahi you're like a man that caught his lady cheating but you don't want to believe it so you give her an opportunity to convince you otherwise. The O-Line is not the problem! The main issue is the Chiefs have been sussed out and the gap they held over the other teams is closing. Mahomes is also not helping matters as that offense is always hunting the big play. Mahomes has thrown more picks already than he did last season but even when they were great they had to always come from behind. Their luck had been at the edge of a cliff and now they have pushed it

Chai, I don suffer for your hand.. I agree with your argument that other teams have closed up but isn’t that complimenting and supporting my initial argument that they have lost a lot of pieces? Mahomes is having to scramble more because he is being forced out of the pocket and sacked consequently. Does Mahomes have his own issues? Yes but it is also a product of a significant drop in talent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:58am On Oct 25, 2021
Roland17:

Patty is playing out of his mind right now. I don’t think anyone would be surprised considering what he did during the Olympics. Most of the guys that performed in the Olympics have carried on from where they stopped.. The Nets are going to need him in the post season when they need scoring, he just needs to stay healthy.

When I was talking up his pickup, some people here were acting as if what he did in the Olympics was a one off. You give Mills open looks like and he will burn you. Unlike Harris, Mills has ice in his veins

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:47am On Oct 25, 2021
Finally a W

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 3:31am On Oct 25, 2021
Roland17:

10/10 is not an easy feat. Even Curry would be proud.

Early days though but let's see how he goes, will be rooting for him all the way. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:49am On Oct 25, 2021
Khanben:

Wetin dey do Harden?

Baba never resume. He'll come good though.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Lakers 3pt shooting so far

Gm 1: 15/42 (35.7%)
Gm 2: 15/34 (44.1%)
Gm 3: 16/30 (53.3%)
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:44am On Oct 25, 2021
steady986:

Baba never resume. He'll come good though.

Harden with the flopping always choked, Now that the anti-flopping rules is set watch his PPG drop like a bad attitude. The mumu still dey wait for soft calls rubbish. I'll still reiterate without Kyrie this nets team ain't going nowhere

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
joshboo:

Harden with the flopping always choked, Now that the anti-flopping rules is set watch his PPG drop like a bad attitude. The mumu still dey wait for soft calls rubbish. I'll still reiterate without Kyrie this nets team ain't going nowhere

If the Nets can't do anything without Kyrie. Then IMHO that is more of an indictment of KD.
I still believe the slim reaper will figure it out

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Roland17:

Chai, I don suffer for your hand.. I agree with your argument that other teams have closed up but isn’t that complimenting and supporting my initial argument that they have lost a lot of pieces? Mahomes is having to scramble more because he is being forced out of the pocket and sacked consequently. Does Mahomes have his own issues? Yes but it is also a product of a significant drop in talent.
I was even expecting you will bring up their defense and the fact that it cannot stop the run or get to the QB. If not for poor QB play by Heinicke last week they would be down 2-5 by now. They added pro bowl level guys in Thuney and Orlando Brown. Mahomes is not entirely at fault but his play this year has dropped noticeably, his decision making as he gets sussed and scouted harder. He needs to swallow pride once once and take what a defense gives him. The underneath throws, the checkdowns
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2021
joshboo:

9 Fts in 3 games. Refs don swallow whistle like okele. This is why I always want to konk people that call this guy the most dynamic scorer in league history. He's a regular season merchant and if the league has the chutzpah to stick with these new rules his scoring will drop significantly. So far we are seeing the Nets are KD and inshallah. The supporting cast that makes people overestimate Brooklyn were great 7 years ago

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:28am On Oct 26, 2021
Incredible performances by Melo. And Ja Morant men. If that nigga was 6'6 220 pounds we are talking of a guy that can end up in the all time great convos. Not saying he can't still make it anyway. He's the new AI. AI 2.0. Just fearless
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2021
That's what I am talking about Tatum! Mix it up!! Take your 3s, jump shots and take it to the rim.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:33am On Oct 26, 2021
Throughout the start of this new season, I have observed we are getting outrun on transition by all the teams we have played thus far. This is a young team so getting caught in transition is inexcusable.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:40am On Oct 26, 2021
Grant Williams is one reason why we felt comfortable trading Semi and he is showing why. He worked really hard on his weight and conditioning as he looks trim and is running the court faster.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: benji93 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.