Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621540 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 3:07am On Oct 23, 2021
76ers just no serious. How could they lose this game?

And then the refs though with terrible calls.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:08am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

CJ ‘s defence is also known as the phantom menace grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:09am On Oct 23, 2021
FBS:
76ers just no serious. How could they lose this game?

And then the refs though with terrible calls.

Nothing new. The Sixers do this all the time.. Reminds me of the conference semi final series against the Hawks last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:09am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Bruv, CJ plays phantom defence o.
I get he is not elite but if we take out last season CJ and Portland have lost to teams that should normally beat them. Steph, Harden and most of your faves are turnstiles on defence too
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 3:10am On Oct 23, 2021
Oh well, make I enjoy Booker Vs LeBron o jare.
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 3:11am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Nothing new. The Sixers do this all the time.. Reminds me of the series against the Hawks last season.
Just terrible. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 3:12am On Oct 23, 2021
LOOONNNNZOOOOO TRIPLLLLLEEEEE DOOOOOOOUBBBLLLLLLLE. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:13am On Oct 23, 2021
Ayton is betting on himself this season.. These things don't usually end well. I wish him all the best though, he has started the season strongly.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:22am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
I get he is not elite but if we take out last season CJ and Portland have lost to teams that should normally beat them. Steph, Harden and most of your faves are turnstiles on defence too

Not that he is not elite but that he is quite poor defensively. The difference in defence is far greater than any perceived difference in offence.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:22am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

The difference in their defense is marginal? Dude CJ cannot guard a cold, Harden is a better defender than CJ.
In terms of playmaking CJ is 3rd to Jrue and Middleton, so I agree he is marginally better than Brown on that end
Jaylen Brown is not an elite defender abeg so if I say marginal I am not inaccurate. The NBA is a league with certain players with unearned defensive reps and others with underrated defense as well. Jaylen Brown is not elite so if I say it is marginal I am not wrong

Lol in terms of playmaking how is Middleton 3rd to CJ? What are their average assist numbers? Go and check. The difference is negligible as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:24am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:
Ayton is betting on himself this season.. These things don't usually end well. I wish him all the best though, he has started the season strongly.

He has the skill set but he plays timid sometimes.
He can get there.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

CJ ‘s defence is also known as the phantom menace grin

FYI, Dame had the worst defensive rating by a guard last season. He has consistently finished top 2 in that rating. CJ is better than Dame defensively..

When it comes to defense for that guard position CJ, Dame, Booker, T. Young, Doncic, D. A Russell, J. Morant dey the same WhatsApp group.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:30am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

FYI, Dame had the worst defensive rating by a guard last season. He has consistently finished top 2 in that rating. CJ is better than Dame defensively..

When it comes to defense for that guard position CJ, Dame, Booker, T. Young, Doncic, D. A Russell, J. Morant dey the same WhatsApp group.

grin grin grin

We are discussing CJ vs Brown and you brought Dame into the discussion.

No dey disguise. You hate the guy. Own it with your chest like your 1st pair of sneakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

grin grin grin

We are discussing CJ vs Brown and you brought Dame into the discussion.

No dey disguise. You hate the guy. Own it with your chest like your 1st pair of sneakers.

Dem don come again oh! grin Na so una talk say I hate Giannis..

Meanwhile, I don give you your answer but I see say u don take style slide like Patrick for my own answers.

Well done oh!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:35am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

I no watch am but I don’t see why Unseld would be on it and Dwight not on.

Generally speaking I don’t see how 75 players get in ahead of Dwight.

These kinds of lists are popularity contests once you go further than the GOAT candidates or record breaking stat padders/title winners.
Dwight's peak is one of the best for a center in the history of the league. For 4 years he was the undisputed best big in the league. See why I hate all these polling booth lists, zero consistency just vibes and inshallah
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

I don't know what the suns offered him, but if it was close to an average of 28m per year, he should have taken it.
He is center who cannot shoot the 3 and has little or no low post game. In the current NBA he is a serviceable player
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:36am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Meanwhile, I don give you your answer but I see say u don take style slide like Patrick for my own answers.

Well done oh!

I didn’t see it. I am multitasking. Will check it soon.

No but check am na. What brought Dame into a debate of CJ vs Brown ?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:39am On Oct 23, 2021
Since Stephen A anointed Booker the next Kobe omolomo never get himself since then undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:41am On Oct 23, 2021
Roland17:

Well done oh!
Come explain this baseball to me like I'm 5. I don try make sense of am but e no make sense for my eye at all. This Red Sox and Astros game looks tightly contested based on the score
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:42am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Since Stephen A anointed Booker the next Kobe omolomo never get himself since then undecided

Or since he started kpanning Kardashian? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:42am On Oct 23, 2021
Khanben:

I don't know what the suns offered him, but if it was close to an average of 28m per year, he should have taken it.
He is center who cannot shoot the 3 and has little or no low post game. In the current NBA he is a serviceable player

I am with you. More so, the Suns offense is not built around him. I think he was seeking 5yr/175M which could escalate to over 200M if he makes certain individual achievements. I understand he is frustrated the Suns called off the contract talks, he probably would have considered their offer. I just pray he doesn't regret it.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:44am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Come explain this baseball to me like I'm 5. I don try make sense of am but e no make sense for my eye at all. This Red Sox and Astros game looks tightly contested based on the score

That game they spend half the time chewing gum and spitting. Tufia!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:47am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

That game they spend half the time chewing gum and spitting. Tufia!
Na the length of the game dey vex person. It's too fuvkin long. That sport will struggle to gain new fans. But their money ehn. E mad pass basketball own
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:48am On Oct 23, 2021
Jokic man. Already in MVP form. This guy is a joke

afrodoc2:

Or since he started kpanning Kardashian? grin
That one sef follow. Their succubus energy mad gan
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:50am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Jaylen Brown is not an elite defender abeg so if I say marginal I am not inaccurate. The NBA is a league with certain players with unearned defensive reps and others with underrated defense as well. Jaylen Brown is not elite so if I say it is marginal I am not wrong

Lol in terms of playmaking how is Middleton 3rd to CJ? What are their average assist numbers? Go and check. The difference is negligible as well.

Playmaking rank, Jrue, Middleton, CJ then Brown
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:51am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:

The Astros lead the 7 game series and are up by 2 runs. There are 9 innings in the game of baseball, if they are tied by the bottom of the 9th, the go into extra innings. Each inning is divided into the top and bottom of the inning. Each team will pitch and hit in either of those innings. For example, the Astros will pitch during the top of the 1st inning while the Red Sox will hit during the top. During the bottom of the inning, the Red Sox will pitch while the Astros will hit. Each inning ends after the pitcher pitches to 3 hitters of the opposing team.

You score by making a hit and a player of the team that hit the ball makes it to the home plate. There are 4 plates in MLB (Home plate, first base, second base and third base). In baseball, the pitcher is a defender because he doesn't want the hitter (offense) to make contact with the ball. A hit outside the field is a home run.

It's the bottom of the 7th right now and the Astros have made it to the home plate 2 times and that is why they are up by 2.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:55am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Jokic man. Already in MVP form. This guy is a joke

That one sef follow. Their succubus energy mad gan

Ayafi succubus. Dem go suck everything comot person body.

Only Kanye elevated while with them. And he had to sacrifice his sanity to do it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
Na the length of the game dey vex person. It's too fuvkin long. That sport will struggle to gain new fans. But their money ehn. E mad pass basketball own

It also has very strong followership. The league is working really hard to get young followers and I have been impressed by some of the innovations they have come up with. The biggest thing is the time and they have made some adjustments especially with monitoring how much time pitchers are spending on the mound before pitching.

The MLB is also allowing young players develop and be more expressive and that is why we have seen the growth and explosion of players like Devers/Tatis Jr (They are trying to make him the face of the league but its not going well) and Guerrero

You also have younger and trimmer players. Gone are the days when hitters looks like whales..I can go on and on
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:04am On Oct 23, 2021
See Phoenix dey knack Lakers akpako. Roland e no fit better for these your useless Celtics oh.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:06am On Oct 23, 2021
afrodoc2:

Ayafi succubus. Dem go suck everything comot person body.

Only Kanye elevated while with them. And he had to sacrifice his sanity to do it.
You must lose something my guy. I'm not the most spiritual person in the world but how is it that asides fame something must go amiss once you mess with them. The succubus vibes is strong bro
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:08am On Oct 23, 2021
A40:
See Phoenix dey knack Lakers akpako. Roland e no fit better for these your useless Celtics oh.

No vess.. You for ask before you bet on dem..Stay away from Celtics wagers for now. New coach, new pieces, too many young players..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:09am On Oct 23, 2021
Who dey watch AD vs Dwight drama? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.