Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624604 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:48am On Oct 26, 2021
In the words of Charles Barkley, our defense is "Turrible"!
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 1:51am On Oct 26, 2021
The Bucks obliterating the pacers. Giannis knocking down FTs with relative ease.... Scary Times

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 1:53am On Oct 26, 2021
Roland17:
In the words of Charles Barkley, our defense is "Turrible"!

Dennis dey play like sey dem force am, just dey play nonsense since, can't knock down simple jumpers, can't facilitate, can't defend. That money wey him miss still dey affect him psyche.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:21am On Oct 26, 2021
Close game here. I love the effort to keep this game close and make it a game. Tatum to the line.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:23am On Oct 26, 2021
Game tied with 14 seconds to go.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:31am On Oct 26, 2021
That was a badly executed final possession. OT here we go..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:33am On Oct 26, 2021
For the love of God please play some defense! 2 OT games in only our 4th game of the season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:36am On Oct 26, 2021
Get back on defense guys! Stop getting carried away by the highlight Dunk!

But that Dunk Facial by JB on Bridges was sic!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:39am On Oct 26, 2021
Looks like the W is in the bag

This was a very important W against a gritty Hornets team. Hopefully, this W helps the team grow into the new season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:50am On Oct 26, 2021
joshboo:
The Bucks obliterating the pacers. Giannis knocking down FTs with relative ease.... Scary Times

10/13 tonight, if he can just shoot 80% from ft range. Everyone can just pack it up

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 2:54am On Oct 26, 2021
Billy Donovan can call his timeouts.

Damn...see better coach.

BULLLLLLS. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 2:59am On Oct 26, 2021
4-0000000000 MotherFbckkkeederrrrrsssss angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:08am On Oct 26, 2021
J. Tatum- 41 Points, 8 Assists, 7 Rebounds.

J. Brown- 30 Points, 9 Rebounds and 3 Assists.

Both players need to watch tonight's tape and see how they mixed it up on offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2021
joshboo:
Giannis just a different type of cat. Also doing some playmakin with Holiday out
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2021
I didn't watch the Hornets game but the fact they could take the Celtics to overtime just a night after playing the Nets shows a lot. Bridges and Ball with huge games again. If Hayward can just play something close to an all-star then this team could be in the running for a play-in spot.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
Khanben:

The argument is based on generational talent not great shooting. You said that because Klay is second best shooter of all time, that equates to him being a generational talent. Steph is a generational talent not because he can just shoot but became is a bona-fide top tier number 1 option. You are the first person I have ever heard who equates a generational talent as one who is exceptional at just one skill.
Klay is a great shooter, but calling him a generational talent is watering down the term.
Is Rodman a generational talent because he is the greatest rebounder of all time?

I think Klay is being underrated and disrespected in this league. I don't want to dabble into this generational talent argument but boy! Klay is both an awesome shooter and a great defender. He has ticked all the boxes. The only question still remaining is if he can be a successful number 1.

And yes, only Klay can answer that.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
Birdman, I done mistakenly accept trade o. I even wrote rejection note. Stress no be good thing cry Please cancel, veto or whatever.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Birdman, I done mistakenly accept trade o. I even wrote rejection note. Stress no be good thing cry Please cancel, veto or whatever.

grin i don tell u make u dey enter church small, dey pray, u no gree
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
DeeMain:

I think Klay is being underrated and disrespected in this league. I don't want to dabble into this generational talent argument but boy! Klay is both an awesome shooter and a great defender. He has ticked all the boxes. The only question still remaining is if he can be a successful number 1.

And yes, only Klay can answer that.

Unfortunately, we havent seen the warriors being run by Klay, without Steph. It is one thing to be a great shooter. Its another thing to be able to get your shot when the defense is built to stop you. When Steph is on the court, the defensive pressure is never as great on Klay. There is nothing in Klays repertoire that suggests he can make those shots under defense geared to stop him at all cost. Furthermore, we have no evidence he can put his head down and slash to the rim like Durant, or dribble to the rim like Curry.

If anything I think there is a little bit of overrating of Klay. Remember the series vs Cavs where they came back down 1-3? If Klay was as deadly as people now say, you would not need to go get a Durant the next season to help equalize vs a Lebron led team.

At this point, we know Curry is legit generational talent. We are seeing him ball with all the defense geared to stop him. Unless Klay is put in that same situation for a season, any talk of him being generational is just conjecture.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
SmooshCHN:

Haha grin grin grin. I been think say my eyes dey deceive me when I see Jonas Valanciunas traded for Evan Mobley. I been don conclude say the trashing wey Steady give you for first round don make you give up. Jonas wey post over 20 points and over 20 rebounds yesterday.
But wait, na who initiate the trade initially? Cos if na person initiate this kind trade, that person no get the fear of God grin grin grin grin grin.
Oga Steady, well done o, I no know how you take do am, but e surprise me say you dey see win sha. Enjoy until I catch you, I go like show you something.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Haha grin grin grin. I been think say my eyes dey deceive me when I see Jonas Valanciunas traded for Evan Mobley. I been don conclude say the trashing wey Steady give you for first round don make you give up. Jonas wey post over 20 points and over 20 rebounds yesterday.
But wait, na who initiate the trade initially? Cos if na person initiate this kind trade, that person no get the fear of God grin grin grin grin grin.
Oga Steady, well done o, I no know how you take do am, but e surprise me say you dey see win sha. Enjoy until I catch you, I go like show you something.

oga Hardetayour, pls answer d query grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:30am On Oct 27, 2021
The Sixers look horrible tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52am On Oct 27, 2021
Lakers vs Spurs is an interesting game tho!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Oct 27, 2021
AD went down in the final seconds of the 4th clutching his knee but he seems to have recovered as he is still on the court battling it out in OT
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Oct 27, 2021
You have got to give it to Westbrook, this man is very athletic! My goodness!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:17am On Oct 27, 2021
Who punch KP
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:19am On Oct 27, 2021
The Jazz need D. Mitchel to move the ball and continue to improve with his assists/ overall team play. They are one good series away from playing in the conference finals and that means having more than Donovan dominate scoring.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:23am On Oct 27, 2021
Monster games from Russ and AD tonight. And Russ shot over 50% from the field too. But this is why we brought him in; so we don't have to suffer anytime LeBron sits. With just AD tonight the Lakers would have lost this game easily. I hope this game is what sparks Russ' season to life.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:32am On Oct 27, 2021
birdman:

Unfortunately, we havent seen the warriors being run by Klay, without Steph. It is one thing to be a great shooter. Its another thing to be able to get your shot when the defense is built to stop you. When Steph is on the court, the defensive pressure is never as great on Klay. There is nothing in Klays repertoire that suggests he can make those shots under defense geared to stop him at all cost. Furthermore, we have no evidence he can put his head down and slash to the rim like Durant, or dribble to the rim like Curry.

If anything I think there is a little bit of overrating of Klay. Remember the series vs Cavs where they came back down 1-3? If Klay was as deadly as people now say, you would not need to go get a Durant the next season to help equalize vs a Lebron led team.

At this point, we know Curry is legit generational talent. We are seeing him ball with all the defense geared to stop him. Unless Klay is put in that same situation for a season, any talk of him being generational is just conjecture.

Una dey give this generational talent unnecessary definition sha. Generational talent is simply what it means - generational talent. Meaning talent that doesn't come by easily. It means talent that we don't see regularly. Generational talent doesn't mean someone that can lead a franchise, neither does it me number 1 option. There are countless number one options and franchise players that are not generational talents.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:49am On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:

Una dey give this generational talent unnecessary definition sha. Generational talent is simply what it means - generational talent. Meaning talent that doesn't come by easily. It means talent that we don't see regularly. Generational talent doesn't mean someone that can lead a franchise, neither does it me number 1 option. There are countless number one options and franchise players that are not generational talents.

Generational talents are very high tier number 1 option

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2021
W. Barton and J. Clarkson going at it bucket for their respective teams.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:14am On Oct 27, 2021
Hold me back! Hold me back!!

J. Green v H. Whiteside

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.