Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624465 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 5:50am On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:
Monster games from Russ and AD tonight. And Russ shot over 50% from the field too. But this is why we brought him in; so we don't have to suffer anytime LeBron sits. With just AD tonight the Lakers would have lost this game easily. I hope this game is what sparks Russ' season to life.

Howfar steady how I fit join Una league?? Between na God go punish brodie, played him under points today the werey go score over 30 points. embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:48am On Oct 27, 2021
Khanben:

Generational talents are very high tier number 1 option

According to you
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:50am On Oct 27, 2021
joshboo:

Howfar steady how I fit join Una league?? Between na God go punish brodie, played him under points today the werey go score over 30 points. embarassed

Lol. Leave Brodie o, very unpredictable. But how you go play am under when you see say LeBron no go play?
Re: The NBA Begins by bencr7: 8:07am On Oct 27, 2021
Golden warrior is making me proud but for Lakers they were lucky diz morning if not for AD displays my old favorite than spurs could have win easily.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:

Una dey give this generational talent unnecessary definition sha. Generational talent is simply what it means - generational talent. Meaning talent that doesn't come by easily. It means talent that we don't see regularly. Generational talent doesn't mean someone that can lead a franchise, neither does it me number 1 option. There are countless number one options and franchise players that are not generational talents.

You dont have to be number 1 option. But we need to be able to evaluate you without the effects of a fellow superstar. If we cant do that, there is no point crowning anyone generational anything. You get the accolades for what you have done, not what we think you can do.

If you are saying Klayis generational, what is Beal? Do you know what Beal will do on a team with Steph? We dont have to conjecture, as we have seen Beal under al defensive conditions. That is my point.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:44am On Oct 27, 2021
birdman:

You dont have to be number 1 option. But we need to be able to evaluate you without the effects of a fellow superstar. If we cant do that, there is no point crowning anyone generational anything. You get the accolades for what you have done, not what we think you can do.

If you are saying Klayis generational, what is Beal? Do you know what Beal will do on a team with Steph? We dont have to conjecture, as we have seen Beal under al defensive conditions. That is my point.

So by this, you're inferring that KD is not a generational talent grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:

So by this, you're inferring that KD is not a generational talent grin

KD is proven. Before and after Steph. He didnt get his accolades starting at the Warriors. And when KD played with Steph, he took the scoring load. So, we have plenty of evidence.

What similar evidence do you have for Klay? Any that does not have Steph on the team?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:
Monster games from Russ and AD tonight. And Russ shot over 50% from the field too. But this is why we brought him in; so we don't have to suffer anytime LeBron sits. With just AD tonight the Lakers would have lost this game easily. I hope this game is what sparks Russ' season to life.

I actually hate when Russ has games like this. Because it fuels his desire to chuck shots. We know he wont shoot 55FG% every night. Even with 33pts, his +/- was 1.

The real takeaway imo is that Lakers defense need to be able to hold teams like the Spurs to a 100pts or less in regulation. This team is too old to play hero ball 3 to 4 times a week. Defense is the only way out for this team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
birdman:

KD is proven. Before and after Steph. He didnt get his accolades starting at the Warriors. And when KD played with Steph, he took the scoring load. So, we have plenty of evidence.

What similar evidence do you have for Klay? Any that does not have Steph on the team?

What do you mean by proven? KD had always played with at least one other superstar. Westbrook, Steph, Klay, Kyrie, Harden. So how is he different from Klay who has always played with Steph?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
birdman:

I actually hate when Russ has games like this. Because it fuels his desire to chuck shots. We know he wont shoot 55FG% every night. Even with 33pts, his +/- was 1.

The real takeaway imo is that Lakers defense need to be able to hold teams like the Spurs to a 100pts or less in regulation. This team is too old to play hero ball 3 to 4 times a week. Defense is the only way out for this team.

We really don't need Russ to go and score 30+ every night. He just had to step up last night because Bron was out. If we can get 17/8/8 on 45% shooting and sub 4 turnovers from Russ then that would be huge.

I believe our defence would get a bit better when we have Ariza, THT and Wayne back. The personnel currently available can't really do much.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:

What do you mean by proven? KD had always played with at least one other superstar. Westbrook, Steph, Klay, Kyrie, Harden. So how is he different from Klay who has always played with Steph?

Westbrook is not the same caliber as Steph. Neither is Kyrie. Which is why in both cases, Durant was the primary focus of the defense. Even when playing with Steph, Durant was the primary focus. So at all 3 stages of his career, and in all 3 systems, KD has been the primary focus of the defense, and shot like no one was guarding him. That is the definition of generational talent. With no Kyrie and hobbled Harden, he took the champs to game 7. And he was one jump shot away from getting to the finals. What other proof do you need?
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
steady986:

Una dey give this generational talent unnecessary definition sha. Generational talent is simply what it means - generational talent. Meaning talent that doesn't come by easily. It means talent that we don't see regularly. Generational talent doesn't mean someone that can lead a franchise, neither does it me number 1 option. There are countless number one options and franchise players that are not generational talents.

Thanks Steady. See eh, the key to this debate is Kyrie. Is kyrie a generational talent? Yes. Is Kyrie a number 1? No.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Khanben:

Generational talents are very high tier number 1 option

Not necessarily so. Talent and leadership are two different things.

You can have insane talents but can't lead a team. Example, Kyrie.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
DeeMain:

Kyrie is not a generational talent, yes he has handles for days, but what else does he do at an all time level.
For God's sake, he is a PG that cannot run a winning offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
DeeMain:

Kyrie is not a generational talent, yes he has handles for days, but what else does he do at an all time level.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:29am On Oct 28, 2021
What? KD was the primary focus of the defence? All the time? I didn't know that. Remember scoring and being the primary focus of the opposition's defence are not necessarily the same. Saying Westbrook is not the same Caliber is not smart man. Is/Was he a superstar or not? Must every superstar be like Steph? Now it was all Westbrook's fault that KD couldn't win with him? You people are trying to erase the fact that KD could have won with Westbrook. And please this is rather embarrassing coming from you. Be honest. Kyrie played 3 games and half of game 4, and the Bucks where leading in game 4 by 1. Don't make it seem as if he played without Kyrie for all seven games. cheesy. Ofcourse you could argue Harden's injury, even though history tells us it won't have been different. grin, and we both know that. And hopefully you don't bring up the "a toe away from getting to the finals". Cos I could argue for some they were a rim away from winning. grin. And you are very quick with throwing around some of your words. He took up the scoring load. It sounds like he dwarfed Steph's scoring ability 2 times over. We have not seen KD without any other superstar, whether he can or cannot is speculation although reasonable given his level of talent. I suppose you were not thinking about KD when you mentioned the "we have to see you without a fellow superstar". cheesy. You were caught good.
birdman:

Westbrook is not the same caliber as Steph. Neither is Kyrie. Which is why in both cases, Durant was the primary focus of the defense. Even when playing with Steph, Durant was the primary focus. So at all 3 stages of his career, and in all 3 systems, KD has been the primary focus of the defense, and shot like no one was guarding him. That is the definition of generational talent. With no Kyrie and hobbled Harden, he took the champs to game 7. And he was one jump shot away from getting to the finals. What other proof do you need?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:41am On Oct 28, 2021
Another slow start by the Celtics.. Come on now.. We have got to stop making games more difficult than they should be.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:45am On Oct 28, 2021
Generational talent is Kareem,Bird, Magic, GOAT, Hakeem,Malone Shaq, Kobe, Dirk,Duncan, LeNomad, KD, Steph, Giannis. All these other names I'm seeing omo ko ye mi

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:25am On Oct 28, 2021
Refs I don't get it! What else is Tatum supposed to do? We want him to go to the rim more and he is doing that now but this man is getting hacked and the refs are swallowing the whistle. I feel his frustrations.. I hope he doesn't change his approach..
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:27am On Oct 28, 2021
We can all see Harden has been a fraud right from Time, na this one people sey compare to steph? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.. All the frauds would get exposed from now on, person go dey go line 15times every night drawing ridiculous fouls, Na now I understand why shefolosa dey bench an for OKC, To think the fraud had the Audacity to go at Giannis is preposterous. Love how the NBA has brought back old school basketball let's see the physical plays

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:35am On Oct 28, 2021
My boy JB posting 7 points! angry JB really ? We need to find ways to get J's to play hot..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:00am On Oct 28, 2021
This is a bad loss!
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:04am On Oct 28, 2021
It's obvious this nets team learnt nothing from last season, imagine getting out rebounded by 20 at home, still playing griffin at the 5. Still early in the season but this nets team are......
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:59am On Oct 28, 2021
A40:
Generational talent is Kareem,Bird, Magic, GOAT, Hakeem,Malone Shaq, Kobe, Dirk,Duncan, LeNomad, KD, Steph, Giannis. All these other names I'm seeing omo ko ye mi

Thank you, I will also include Wilt in there and that's about it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Hmmmm. this Memphis team look good I must say!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:12am On Oct 28, 2021
Is it this small rule change that has turned Harden to Al Farouq Aminu? League leader in turnovers. 2nd worst in FG % among volume shooters

I see Lakers lost to OKC of all teams. This is why early season basketball na cruise. The bad teams don't yet know they are bad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:16am On Oct 28, 2021
Today dey one kind o grin. Make I no talk too much sha
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:21am On Oct 28, 2021
A40:
Is it this small rule change that has turned Harden to Al Farouq Aminu? League leader in turnovers. 2nd worst in FG % among volume shooters

I see Lakers lost to OKC of all teams. This is why early season basketball na cruise. The bad teams don't yet know they are bad

Harden will be fine.. He will make some adjustments to his offense, he is one of the best students of the game when it comes to learning the rules and interpreting on the court. He is also struggling to lose the weight he gained while trying to force a move out of Houston so he looks 2-3 steps slow and heavy with the ball. You may want to check that TO leader because Brodie just posted 10 tonight.

The Lakers were up 26 but somehow lost the game. But again, many of the teams we will see in the post season are trying to figure out their rosters, so I won't read too much into it.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:23am On Oct 28, 2021
Khanben:

Ha. I never hear this one before. So Kyrie is not a generational talent just because he can't run a team? E no make any sense o. Forget the mad handles, he's an elite shooter too. Guy just had a 50/40/90 season averaging 27 a game. How many times has that ever happened in this league?

Put Kyrie and Butler side by side for instance. Butler is the number one option and leading the sh*t out of Miami. Is he a generational talent?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:26am On Oct 28, 2021
DeeMain:

Thanks Steady. See eh, the key to this debate is Kyrie. Is kyrie a generational talent? Yes. Is Kyrie a number 1? No.

Exactly.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:27am On Oct 28, 2021
Roland17:

Harden will be fine.. He will make some adjustments to his offense, he is one of the best students of the game when it comes to learning the rules and interpreting on the court. He is also struggling to lose the weight he gained while trying to force a move out of Houston so he looks 2-3 steps slow and heavy with the ball. You may want to check that TO leader because Brodie just posted 10 tonight.

The Lakers were up 26 but somehow lost the game. But again, many of the teams we will see in the post season are trying to figure out their rosters, so I won't read too much into it.
10? he they carry ball waka for court?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:36am On Oct 28, 2021
Khanben:

Thank you, I will also include Wilt in there and that's about it.

You sure there's not more? You no add Iverson? Or are you people listing only the people that led their team to a championship? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.