Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624135 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:20am On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:
@A40, come out and tell us the receivers the GOAT is throwing to against the 7-0 red hot Cardinals
When Aaron Fraudgers begins winning SBs with Chris Hogan and Danny Amendola @ me
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:
@A40 and other haters, come and pay HOMAGE TO THE GOAT!

Who exactly was this man throwing to tonight?

Everyone, throughout the week picked the Cardinals to dismantle the Packers. No one gave us a chance!

We had players out injured on both ends of the field!

PUT SOME RESPECT TO THE NAME!!!!!!

K. Murray is a stud though! This kid is legit....Despite the weapons he has, he distinguishes himself..
You do realize JJ Watt was hurt right? Anyway we go see for playoffs no be today we don see regular season Rodgers dey show himself. His dad wey e dey try impersonate dey wait am for playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2021
Interesting seeing Kuzma, Montrezl and KCP flourishing in Washington. I thought you guys said LeNomad made people better. Hmmm

They still have Hachimura out. Some young teams have really piqued my curiosity this early stages. (Cavs, Wizards, Hornets) With Cavs that guard trio of Rubio, Garland and Sexton. I saw their odds vs the Clippers some days back and I was so sure they would win I staked on it. I want to add Memphis to that mix. Solely cos of Ja cos I don't trust Jaren Jackson, for his size he is a shockingly poor rebounder and even as a scorer he is too reliant on the 3 ball

There was a game that had 96 3's this week. 96! This is getting absurd
Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:
@A40 and other haters, come and pay HOMAGE TO THE GOAT!

Who exactly was this man throwing to tonight?

Everyone, throughout the week picked the Cardinals to dismantle the Packers. No one gave us a chance!

We had players out injured on both ends of the field!

PUT SOME RESPECT TO THE NAME!!!!!!

K. Murray is a stud though! This kid is legit....Despite the weapons he has, he distinguishes himself..
Rodgers is the GOAT #GreenBay4Life
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
Markswag101:
At losing NFC title games? Yes
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2021
benji93:
Mr Birdman, you are excluded from the Harden talk. It's too personal for you. cheesy grin

I have forgiven him, truly. Its just that, sometimes I see the beard, and I just get this overwhelming desire to see him fail. But I have forgiven him ooo grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
A40:
Interesting seeing Kuzma, Montrezl and KCP flourishing in Washington. I thought you guys said LeNomad made people better. Hmmm

None of those 3 has been doing well until this last game. I was especially surprised because KCP looked like the most ready to take it to the next level. Lets see a couple of more games first.

If all 4 (plus Beal) are scoring in double figures every night, the East has a new problem then. But I doubt it. Kuz is never focused enough. Trez cant drop 20 every night.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
birdman:

I have forgiven him, truly. Its just that, sometimes I see the beard, and I just get this overwhelming desire to see him fail. But I have forgiven him ooo grin

Lie kee you there grin grin angry You and forgiveness no suppose dey the same sentence. See irony! You have forgiven him but you have an overwhelming desire for him to fail.. grin You hate Harden, just stop to dey disguise.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
A40:
You do realize JJ Watt was hurt right? Anyway we go see for playoffs no be today we don see regular season Rodgers dey show himself. His dad wey e dey try impersonate dey wait am for playoffs

Head wen big no dey miss knock.. Bring that your big head come here.. Baba go back him scrap book go bring JJ Watt! This one off me.. Who is JJ Watt since his season ending injury with the Texans? Baba, abeg find another Lamba to sell.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Markswag101:

No mind dem O jare! All of dem for National TV don dey confess!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
birdman:

None of those 3 has been doing well until this last game. I was especially surprised because KCP looked like the most ready to take it to the next level. Lets see a couple of more games first.

If all 4 (plus Beal) are scoring in double figures every night, the East has a new problem then. But I doubt it. Kuz is never focused enough. Trez cant drop 20 every night.
Haba. Iro o da. All 3 have actually been balling and Kuzma in particular has been a machine on the boards. Someone like Kuzma this is the best spot for him where he can grow and his every mistake is not magnified. As for Trez he got in his feelings after the Clippers debacle and jumped from frying pan to fire. He's looking for the payday he missed out last season, would be shocked if he didn't ball
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:

Head wen big no dey miss knock.. Bring that your big head come here.. Baba go back him scrap book go bring JJ Watt! This one off me.. Who is JJ Watt since his season ending injury with the Texans? Baba, abeg find another Lamba to sell.
Lol you're asking me who a 3 time DPOY is? Someone who was their best run defender and the guy that was leading them in tackles for losses? Anyway we already know the drill with you Fraudgers disciples, its laugh now cry later
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:

Lie kee you there grin grin angry You and forgiveness no suppose dey the same sentence. See irony! You have forgiven him but you have an overwhelming desire for him to fail.. grin You hate Harden, just stop to dey disguise.

haba, I am a very forgiving person grin I wish him the best, for real. But I think the way he left houston will affect a lot of things for him. such is life
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
A40:
Haba. Iro o da. All 3 have actually been balling and Kuzma in particular has been a machine on the boards. Someone like Kuzma this is the best spot for him where he can grow and his every mistake is not magnified. As for Trez he got in his feelings after the Clippers debacle and jumped from frying pan to fire. He's looking for the payday he missed out last season, would be shocked if he didn't ball

Im happy for Trez on the real. Wizards are looking for #2, #3 scoring options to complement Beal. No other star to share time with, so you should get 30+ minutes a night as a starter. Beal alone can score enough to keep Wiz in the game, so they have a chance to win on any given night. This kind of situation comes like once in an NBA lifetime. If played right, they can get into the playoffs, make some noise and get a huge contract off of this.

Of the 3, I suspect Trez is the most ready to take advantage.Kuzma tends to get lost as season progresses.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2021
birdman:

Im happy for Trez on the real. Wizards are looking for #2, #3 scoring options to complement Beal. No other star to share time with, so you should get 30+ minutes a night as a starter. Beal alone can score enough to keep Wiz in the game, so they have a chance to win on any given night. This kind of situation comes like once in an NBA lifetime. If played right, you can get a huge contract off of this.

Of the 3, I suspect Trez is the most ready to take advantage.Kuzma tends to get lost as season progresses.
I'm sure Beal will be relieved he has some scoring help this year. Don't sleep on Kuzma there's some Julius Randle vibes there. Its just getting his fundamentals in check. If his hoops IQ ever matches his confidence thats an all star in the making
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
A40:
Lol you're asking me who a 3 time DPOY is? Someone who was their best run defender and the guy that was leading them in tackles for losses? Anyway we already know the drill with you Fraudgers disciples, its laugh now cry later

If I sound you ehn! I get am before no be property. After playing 7 games, he posted a paltry 10 solo tackles, assisting in 6 with 1 sack.. No one is questioning his greatness here but he is not the 2nd coming of JJ Watt that won those awards, neither does he rank high in their defensive ranking. Don't distract from the greatness of Rodgers..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
I hope Zion Williamson and his camp are watching Ja Morant?
Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
A40:
At losing NFC title games? Yes
2014 McCarthy choked
2016 Bad day at the office
2019 Bad day at the office
2020 LaFleur choked
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:

Ja is already by far the best player of that draft especially when you include off the court issues.

Quick question, if Zion struggles with his weight continues, should the Pelicans give him a max extension?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
Markswag101:

2014 McCarthy choked
2016 Bad day at the office
2019 Bad day at the office
2020 LaFleur choked
Spoken like a true Aaron Fraudgers disciple

2014: Since I started watchin the NFL Rodgers is the first QB I've seen that failed to win despite his defense gifting him 4 interceptions

2016: Every day in the NFC title game is a bad day for Fraudgers. The same Falcons team that crushed him by 5 scores Brady came from 25 pts down to beat. There's levels to this

2018: Aaron Fraudgers fraudulentin as usual beaten by 5 scores again

2020: After throwin a scrotum crushing pick at the verge of halftime which Goat Brady promptly converted and Rodgers unable to convert 3 straight downs, if you were Lefleur tell me you wouldn't take the ball off Fraudgers's hands
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
Khanben:

Ja is already by far the best player of that draft especially when you include off the court issues.

Quick question, if Zion struggles with his weight continues, should the Pelicans give him a max extension?
Pelicans would be dumb to do anything till he shows his durability and also there's something to be said about the unwillingness or inability to play defense. They will probably pay out of desperation. They really missed on Ja.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ordinary small changes in call and this generation of NBA players are already crying.. Trae is already whining that the refs have gone too far in allowing some defense happen. This is why I am very confident that they can’t handle or play in the old school. They should enjoy the money and just stop already..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
Khanben:

Max bawo? He has to earn it. I doubt another team will take a max contract risk. If it happens, it will have a ton of clauses. Take a look at what the Nuggets did with MPJs contract. They know his history with injuries, so they did not guarantee a lot and there are tons of exceptions hinged on MPJs health and return. The owners are getting wiser and you can see it with how the Ayton contract conversation ended quickly. See, the Simmons and Kyrie situation as another example. In the past owners would have given in to a trade for Simmons/ Kyrie but not anymore.

Zion’s problem is his family and the Pelicans who are careless enablers in managing his health. They have over catered to him and his lack of control when it comes to food and workout. There is no way a player you refer to as a franchise player should be allowed to put on that much weight knowing fully well he has a bad knee. He should have had the off-season surgery immediately they decided to tank last season but they held on, allowed him to return home. Guess what? He returns to training camp north of 300 pound still injured and unable to do any serious workout and now the fans can’t see their franchise player, all he can do is eat, eat and eat!

I don’t think Zion has the killer mentality that Ja has. Ja earned my respect when he refused the Grizzlies plan to shut him down and tank the season 2 seasons ago. This man played his soul out and nearly got his team into the playoffs. Last year while the Pelicans who had a strong chance to make it into the playoffs were shutting down Zion, Ja was fought to get his team into the post season! Today, we are watching the rewards of those decisions Ja has made over the last two seasons. Ja is playing with a ton of confidence, has expanded his offense, including passing and is now a respected leader of that team because he has earned his stripe.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
A40:
Pelicans would be dumb to do anything till he shows his durability and also there's something to be said about the unwillingness or inability to play defense. They will probably pay out of desperation. They really missed on Ja.

Just imagine a core of Ja, Ingram and Lonzo. I think they would have kept Ball if they had picked Ja instead of Zion.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:

Max bawo? He has to earn it. I doubt another team will take a max contract risk. If it happens, it will have a ton of clauses. Take a look at what the Nuggets did with MPJs contract. They know his history with injuries, so they did not guarantee a lot and there are tons of exceptions hinged on MPJs health and return. The owners are getting wiser and you can see it with how the Ayton contract conversation ended quickly. See, the Simmons and Kyrie situation as another example. In the past owners would have given in to a trade for Simmons/ Kyrie but not anymore.

Zion’s problem is his family and the Pelicans who are careless enablers in managing his health. They have over catered to him and his lack of control when it comes to food and workout. There is no way a player you refer to as a franchise player should be allowed to put on that much weight knowing fully well he has a bad knee. He should have had the off-season surgery immediately they decided to tank last season but they held on, allowed him to return home. Guess what? He returns to training camp north of 300 pound still injured and unable to do any serious workout and now the fans can’t see their franchise player, all he can do is eat, eat and eat!

I don’t think Zion has the killer mentality that Ja has. Ja earned my respect when he refused the Grizzlies plan to shut him down and tank the season 2 seasons ago. This man played his soul out and nearly got his team into the playoffs. Last year while the Pelicans who had a strong chance to make it into the playoffs were shutting down Zion, Ja was fought to get his team into the post season! Today, we are watching the rewards of those decisions Ja has made over the last two seasons. Ja is playing with a ton of confidence, has expanded his offense, including passing and is now a respected leader of that team because he has earned his stripe.

When I heard he was 300lbs, I was more disappointed than shocked honestly. The buzz emanating from his camp, just screams of people who are enabling him just as to milk the cash cow for as much as possible
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:26am On Oct 30, 2021
Roland17:

Forget it, I dont think Zion even has that mentality to care. I am very curious tho. they guys who called him the next Lebron, what did they see in him to make that pronouncement?

And Ja is growing on me mehn. The way the guy has improved, you can tell this guy cares about the craft. I think that is the mystery about the draft. You can evaluate a players skills. But how do you evaluate a players mindset? To me, there was nothing on draft day that suggested Ja is more serious than Zion. Nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 1:30am On Oct 30, 2021
Barring further injuries, this Heat team can go all the way. The off season additions are mad,

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 1:42am On Oct 30, 2021
Roland17:
Ordinary small changes in call and this generation of NBA players are already crying.. Trae is already whining that the refs have gone too far in allowing some defense happen. This is why I am very confident that they can’t handle or play in the old school. They should enjoy the money and just stop already..

grin grin grin grin. The guys that would be most affected by the rules change are Harden, doncic and Trae. I've always been a big Harden fan right from his OKC days but mehn the guys too unprofessional and the biggest choke job ever.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 2:11am On Oct 30, 2021
joshboo:

grin grin grin grin. The guys that would be most affected by the rules change are Harden, doncic and Trae. I've always been a big Harden fan right from his OKC days but mehn the guys too unprofessional and the biggest choke job ever.
Luka will thrive. He did well in Europe and he did well in the Olympics. He just has to adjust to Jason Kidd's offense. The other 2 players especially Harden will suffer unless he just sticks to playing basketball. He is looking like a proper fraud now.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Abi na the outfit? When did Chiney get this bumbum? Be like wetin fit shoot catapult. Looks tight as hell cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2021
joshboo:

E go affect Steph too grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2021
Russ shot 61% from the field today, attempting only 1 three (and making it) on his way to 19 points. This is what I want from him. Cut down on the jumpers and take the ball to the damn rack. Don't worry too much about filling up the stat sheet. Just contribute your quota to winning. And cut down down on your turnovers. Stop them outrageous passes.

And Melo.... Sheesh. When that man gets hot, it's lights out. 6/8 from 3 last night. We got ourselves a real spot up shooter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.