Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,457 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625948 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:05am On Nov 03, 2021
Congratulations to the Atlanta Braves on winning the World Series. I love D. Baker, he did an excellent job is dousing the tension surrounding the sign cheating scandal but like many, I did not want to see the Astros lift that trophy.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2021
That was a scary one at the end, but I'm glad my boys showed up. Houston shot lights out but we need to do a better job on defense.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2021

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
Now I see why Future took this nigga's woman and turn am to alcoholic grin

We know the difference between who opens his mouth to call himself GOAT while he copies the actual GOAT's every move both on court and off court vs the real GOAT who leaves it for the people to decide and honors the guys that came before him
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Roland17:

I am not in denial, the problem and difference between us is that you are burdening him with all the problems the Chiefs offense is dealing with. More so, you are contradicting yourself in the same sentence.. What was Mahomes supposed to do with last night’s interception? It went through his player's hands before hitting the helmet of another.. The bulk of these interceptions were unlucky. You can make a good argument about the fumbles but again, he is getting beat up for the most part when compared to other QBs with similar fumble stats.
Is he having a bad season? Yes, are they all his fault? Absolutely not!
I am telling you he is the primary cause of the problem. His decision making has been suspect!! He is back to making the mistakes that drew Brett Favre comparisons while he was being drafted. You can't praise Mahomes when the going is good and absolve him of blame when its bad. He is getting beat up because he is making bad decisions
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
Roland17:
I am sorry, I don't believe the Pelicans when they say Zion is 2 weeks away. The Zion they showed needs serious workout to get on the court again. Like Kenny said, "You don't get in shape by playing ball, you get in shape first before getting on the court". At some point, I desperately hope Zion can tell himself the truth about his situation.
i saw a picture of him recently and i was shocked. me thinks maybe he doesn’t want to be in nola or something?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
donlittle25:
i saw a picture of him recently and i was shocked. me thinks maybe he doesn’t want to be in nola or something?
I hope that boy is not joking with his career. I heard he is pushing 280 plus. That size is not sustainable if he wants to last in this league. Even if he doesn't want to stay in NOLA does that mean you will not stay in playing shape
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
A40:
I hope that boy is not joking with his career. I heard he is pushing 280 plus. That size is not sustainable if he wants to last in this league. Even if he doesn't want to stay in NOLA does that mean you will not stay in playing shape

You say 280? He played 280 last season. According to reports Zion arrived preseason pushing North of 300 pounds and the Zion I saw yesterday is definitely over 300 pounds.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
Roland17:

You say 280? He played 280 last season. According to reports Zion arrived preseason pushing North of 300 pounds and the Zion I saw yesterday is definitely over 300 pounds.
He needs some advice from Sir Charles like Moses Malone did for him when he was new in the league and had weight issues. This should be a season he and BI become a potent 1-2 punch and that's why a lot of these really young teams need high character vets. Because some of us are self driven while some of us need a little pushing and encouragement
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
A40:
He needs some advice from Sir Charles like Moses Malone did for him when he was new in the league and had weight issues. This should be a season he and BI become a potent 1-2 punch and that's why a lot of these really young teams need high character vets. Because some of us are self driven while some of us need a little pushing and encouragement

This is his 3rd season, if he has not gotten the memo by now, then I doubt he will ever, Unless it threatens his chance to get the bag.
If the Pelicans tells his camp that they would not offer him the max unless he gets his weight under control and the feedback his agent also gets from around the league shows that other teams will follow same pattern, then he might change.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Khanben:

This is his 3rd season, if he has not gotten the memo by now, then I doubt he will ever, Unless it threatens his chance to get the bag.
If the Pelicans tells his camp that they would not offer him the max unless he gets his weight under control and the feedback his agent also gets from around the league shows that other teams will follow same pattern, then he might change.
These teams just keep babyin these players till they get out of control. Getting weight under control is one thing we haven't even gotten into his lack of defense or unwillingness to play D
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
And for Ben Simmons. Lol the Sixers are at a crossroads here. Ben is clearly gaming them but they seem too chickenshit to call him out on his BS.

@Roland17
So your Aaron Fraudgers na antivaxxer. I'm not surprised. Ohh well he's out for the Chiefs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:08am On Nov 04, 2021
The nerve Scotty Pipen! The same Scotty that was as soft as hell before the GOAT toughened him up?
Bro! It’s ok not to be the GOAT.. Everyone knows you and the others were instrumental to the GOAT’s success.. in the same vein, the GOAT helped you expand past your limit..
The last time I checked, the GOAT left the game and the Bulls handed the reigns of the franchise to you with a loaded roster, what did you do with it? Should we revisit your selfishness during the post season when the GOAT was out that cost you your legacy in the minds of many? Stop it already!

The last dance was about the GOAT! No one needs to explain that.. everyone knows that including you! Was it supposed to be about you? The GOAT decided to return with Phil for one last run, they had a pact! Don’t worry, you will get your own documentary!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:38am On Nov 04, 2021
And he shall be called “Slimreaper”!

There are levels! I mean levels!! to this thing!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Nov 04, 2021
birdman:

Gonna be a ruff november, I see grin

Bring the pain, I am ready to hurt angry
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:25am On Nov 04, 2021
Kuzma never disappoints.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:40am On Nov 04, 2021
The Lakers are the team with the second fastest pace in the league this season. This is defying all logic grin How could a bunch of grandpas be moving that fast?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Who else is following the Henry Ruggs case? I really need to understand what goes on in the minds of these young athletes and their propensity for self destructive behavior. That young woman didn't deserve to die in such a horiffic manner. I get at 22, young, rich and on top of the world but don't these niggas recognize what it took to get there and where they came from? Shouldn't that at least guide you to make relatively smarter choices? Man's was driving at 156 mph. Like nigga is you Max Verstappen? Are you trying to die? Even Max will not do that outside a race track

I've always been of the opinion that DUI offenders are not getting harsh enough sentences, because the drunk driver typically gets away while an innocent bystander pays with their lives. There needs to be stricter deterrents IMO you should know when you man a steering drunk there is a very strong chance you will spend quite a lot of time in jail. Accidents happen while sober how much more when you're drunk
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jay Will rightfully calling out Stephen A's hypocrisy and double standards on Aaron Fraudgers compared to Kyrie's situ. Things we love to see cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
A40:
Who else is following the Henry Ruggs case? I really need to understand what goes on in the minds of these young athletes and their propensity for self destructive behavior. That young woman didn't deserve to die in such a horiffic manner. I get at 22, young, rich and on top of the world but don't these niggas recognize what it took to get there and where they came from? Shouldn't that at least guide you to make relatively smarter choices? Man's was driving at 156 mph. Like nigga is you Max Verstappen? Are you trying to die? Even Max will not do that outside a race track

I've always been of the opinion that DUI offenders are not getting harsh enough sentences, because the drunk driver typically gets away while an innocent bystander pays with their lives. There needs to be stricter deterrents IMO you should know when you man a steering drunk there is a very strong chance you will spend quite a lot of time in jail. Accidents happen while sober how much more when you're drunk

A young man with money living in Vegas, it is quite understandable that you would want to have fun and enjoy yourself sometimes, but just a little more thought of the possible consequences of his actions, would have saved him all of this problems. He should just have used an Uber or a chauffeured car if he wants to show off.
I tell all my guys this, if you are going out and drinking is involved leave the car and get an Uber even if your car ends up getting towed because you parked in the wrong place, it is still a whole lot cheaper than the worst case scenario which is what happened to Ruggs. Ruggs just threw away generational wealth because of alcohol
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Khanben:

A young man with money living in Vegas, it is quite understandable that you would want to have fun and enjoy yourself sometimes, but just a little more thought of the possible consequences of his actions, would have saved him all of this problems. He should just have used an Uber or a chauffeured car if he wants to show off.
I tell all my guys this, if you are going out and drinking is involved leave the car and get an Uber even if your car ends up getting towed because you parked in the wrong place, it is still a whole lot cheaper than the worst case scenario which is what happened to Ruggs. Ruggs just threw away generational wealth because of alcohol
The irony of it all is there is nothing that could happen to him now even if he lost all he was worth, it will signicantly pale in comparison to the horrific fate that the victim suffered. This is why I have zero empathy for drunk driving or drivers. He could have killed 3 people in that crash including himself.

No way he shouldn't do at least 15-30 years of time just to serve as a deterrent to others. That drunk and at that speed you might as well be a mass shooter because I don't see any difference between both of you. Hell a gun shot would have been a less traumatic way to go plus if there were 4 people in that lady's car. All 4 would have died
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
The way Stephen A has moved from the Nets to the Warriors for the championship is really amazing. Almost shameful. What happened to your 6 foot 11 guy that can pull up from 40? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
A40:

This kind of senseless tragedy is very painful. What a waste of life!

On the question you asked: Money is an amplifier, in a scary way many of us will never experience. We all think if we were in his shoes we wouldnt do such. But go check the lives of lottery winners if you want a taste of how destructive it can get. A 22 year old fresh out of poverty with a milli in cash sitting in the bank is a disaster looking for where to happen. And with that kind of money, no one will tell you no or caution you for fear of losing out of cash award. When you have that kind of money, you dont need to do something really bad. Just do your usual and your money will amplify it for you.

On your solution to the problem: No matter how strict the sentencing gets, you cant stop this. Alcohol is a drug, just that its legal. and once it has impaired your judgement, you think less of the consequences. Most people are disciplined enough to know when to stop. But there is always that guy that cant stop. Just like how no matter how many bouncers and screeners you put in the club, there is always that guy that will fight. Alcohol has a subtle way of medicating pain, and you will never take away those type of DWIs.

When I see Lebron's crew and how they managed that wealth and fame at a young age, with no father figure we know of, Im always in awe. Someone has to teach you these things, its not automatic.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
steady986:
The way Stephen A has moved from the Nets to the Warriors for the championship is really amazing. Almost shameful. What happened to your 6 foot 11 guy that can pull up from 40? grin

He always said if Klay comes back, he would switch.

I have been saying it since before season began that the Warriors are a bigger threat than anyone else in the West, including Suns. Folks though I was just trying to downplay Lakers and hype someone else. I have been proven correct. Meanwhile Westbrook remains an eternal bust, and Melo is even more useful than Westbrick.

I also rated the Grizzlies and Nuggets aahead of Lakers, for which A40 and his crew tried to crucify me. Again, we have 3 weeks of stats showing I was more right than wrong.

The Lakers DO NOT have a big 4. They have a big 2, one of whom is aging and the younger is too lazy to pick up the mantle. As I said before, the only hope they have of even competing is to play lockdown D. They have as assistant coach with that specialty, but we need to start seeing it in the PPG they hold teams to. I want to see them play a young Grizzlies team and hold them to under 100. Then I will know Lakers have a shot in the west.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
birdman:

On the question you asked: Money is an amplifier, in a scary way many of us will never experience. We all think if we were in his shoes we wouldnt do such. But go check the lives of lottery winners if you want a taste of how destructive it can get. A 22 year old fresh out of poverty with a milli in cash sitting in the bank is a disaster looking for where to happen. And with that kind of money, no one will tell you no or caution you for fear of losing out of cash award. When you have that kind of money, you dont need to do something really bad. Just do your usual and your money will amplify it for you.

On your solution to the problem: No matter how strict the sentencing gets, you cant stop this. Alcohol is a drug, just that its legal. and once it has impaired your judgement, you think less of the consequences. Most people are disciplined enough to know when to stop. But there is always that guy that cant stop. Just like how no matter how many bouncers and screeners you put in the club, there is always that guy that will fight. Alcohol has a subtle way of medicating pain, and you will never take away those type of DWIs.

When I see Lebron's crew and how they managed that wealth and fame at a young age, with no father figure we know of, Im always in awe. Someone has to teach you these things, its not automatic.
Don't get me wrong we all made mistakes in our younger years, but a professional athlete knowing the nature of the league especially the NFL where you can get cut at the drop of a dime should be making better choices. In Yoruba we have a saying "Ayo lo ma n pa yan" (Na joy dey kill person)

I don't like bringing up the race card but why is this behavior mostly prevalent among us blacks. The poverty angle I understand but shouldn't that motivate you more to behave. With this guy in particular his reckless behavior and speeding while driving is well documented on his girlfriend's youtube channel. He also had a loaded gun in his car. Its why every young man needs some sort of influence in his life whether positive or negative so you know what to aspire to and what not to aspire to

Nothing is ever going to be stopped I know this but with a harsher sentence you at least know what's on the line if you're caught. It might even reduce the number of deaths. For example you know if you smuggle cocaine into a place like Singapore na guillotine get you straight!! so you know you're ready to die if you wan carry drugs go there. I saw somewhere that somebody dies every 52 mins from a DUI crash in the US. Yet there are lesser crimes carrying much more severe punishment. I am saying that there needs to be harsher sentences for people that cross certain alcohol limits and man a vehicle because clearly you intend to kill yourself and others in that freeway.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
birdman:

He always said if Klay comes back, he would switch.

I have been saying it since before season began that the Warriors are a bigger threat than anyone else in the West, including Suns. Folks though I was just trying to downplay Lakers and hype someone else. I have been proven correct. Meanwhile Westbrook remains an eternal bust, and Melo is even more useful than Westbrick.

I also rated the Grizzlies and Nuggets aahead of Lakers, for which A40 and his crew tried to crucify me. Again, we have 3 weeks of stats showing I was more right than wrong.

The Lakers DO NOT have a big 4. They have a big 2, one of whom is aging and the younger is too lazy to pick up the mantle. As I said before, the only hope they have of even competing is to play lockdown D. They have as assistant coach with that specialty, but we need to start seeing it in the PPG they hold teams to. I want to see them play a young Grizzlies team and hold them to under 100. Then I will know Lakers have a shot in the west.
You have been proven correct after 6 games grin grin The Lakers blew huge leads in all their 3 losses. You've been proven correct my ass

Westbrook has been Westbrook he has not been exponentially better or exponentially worse. You have not been proven right anything and this is just 2 weeks in. I repeat the Lakers could easily be 8-0 if they didn't blow double digit leads in the 3rd quarter in 2 of their 3 losses.

Sorry but any team with Russell Westbrook as its 3rd best player will always be a threat to win it all and the Lakers have been coping despite missing their wing depth. You people don't need to be deliberately dishonest and magnify little growing pains every team is dealing with in a new season. Lmaoo you rated a team with Desmond Bane, Kyle Anderson and Steven Adams better than the Lakers cheesy cheesy grin

The other day we saw the Bucks and some team take a combined 96 3's and you're there talking about holding a team to under 100. You are a dreamer
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:16am On Nov 05, 2021
birdman:

Never believe the humility of a poor man until he is rich or in a position of power. With that being said, I have zero pity for Henry Ruggs! His selfishness cost a family the life of a dear one..
Let me assure you that this is not the first time Ruggs was driving over 150 miles per hour drunk/ intoxicated. The difference is that this one caused a fatal accident.
I see them here everyday!! They drive like they heading to somewhere important, endangering the lives, safety and happiness of many people. I have no pity for him, I wish he can be charged for a higher crime and is given the max punishment. This is the height of selfishness and I hate selfish people whether rich or poor.
THIS LIFE IS NOT ABOUT ME AND YOU! THINK ABOUT OTHERS, IT IS THE HALLMARK OF HUMANITY
RIP Tina Tintor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:54am On Nov 05, 2021
18 point lead against the Miami Heat and I am still worried. Lets see how they finish this one. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:58am On Nov 05, 2021
Good steal Tatum leading to a transition 3 for Smart after a kick out from JB

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:00am On Nov 05, 2021
Smart come on man! You should be closing that early.. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:04am On Nov 05, 2021
A40:
Its why every young man needs some sort of influence in his life whether positive or negative so you know what to aspire to and what not to aspire to

This is the koko. Poverty is the secondary reason. But you cant discuss this in public otherwise you will be torn to pieces. Cosby tried to say something, Obama too tried, but the way folks attacked them. So everybody just keeps quiet. In my own opinion, a lot of these rage and craziness would not occur if there were fathers to mentor these cats the right way. Unfortunately, that cup of milk has already been spilt.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Roland17:

I see them here everyday!! They drive like they heading to somewhere important, endangering the lives, safety and happiness of many people.

yeap, these f**ls are on the road everyday, just endangering everybody. Cant count how many times I have narrowly missed accident with these guys doing 100mph in traffic jams by swerving across lanes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kilishihunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.