Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1987) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1639123 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:54am On Oct 09, 2022
He makes contact leading to a 2 score run

Padres 2-5 Mets
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Oct 09, 2022
The Mets are now piling it up as they score another run with 2 runners on.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Vogelback with a contact which has led to another scored run.

4 runs scored for the Mets in the bottom of the 7th

Padres 2-7 Mets

Do Padres chase this one or just let it go and play for game 3.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:00am On Oct 09, 2022
Series is tied. The Mets survive and it’s all to play for tomorrow. The winner of this series face the Dodgers.

Rays 0-1 Guardians.
Guardians move on to play the Yankees

Mariners 10-9 BlueJays.
The Blue Jays choked this one, they were up 8-1 in the 5th but the Mariners blazed their way back and will now face the Astros

Phillies 0-2 Cardinals
The Phillies move on to play the Braves
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:38am On Oct 09, 2022
steady986:

No wahala.

Our teams go deep this season (if we are 10 teams). Kawhi, Murray, MPJ, Klay, Zion, Dame are all healthy. Kyrie and Simmons look like they'd play too.

Zion is a sure banker this year tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2022
He's been tremendous for all our championships(perhaps not for this one. grin), so it should be hard to get rid of him. But, why wouldn't they want to control the situation? Why wouldn't they frown on leaks? The leaked video makes the optics really bad and perhaps may force the organization to take a different decision, even though Myers said this would be handled internally(I hope they do not bow to media pressure, though. If you allow it once, you may lose control of your controlling power. cheesy) . Meanwhile, I would love that, Lebron over the last few years has turned himself into a relics collector, so why not? cheesy grin
steady986:

Lol. Instead of your team to be looking for ways to punish Dray, they're looking for who put out the video. He should be waived so he'll sign with the Lakers biko grin
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2022
Blueelf:

It is not. Please stop being unwise

What if poole had suffered a serious brain injury from that hit and is currently in coma at the ICU of an hospital? What would you say then? Would a video leak be important

Nonsense!!!!

Go cry to your mama don’t cry to me

You don’t have any say on this matter, keep airing out your frustrations like every fan

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
Some things will never change. Aaron Fraudgers fraudulenting once again with the game on the line. Got sonned by Daniel Jones. Forever fraud

https://twitter.com/lowlightheaven/status/1579147915100295169?t=VSTIcJP2-Di2lg0WYZXJxw&s=19
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
Interesting. For such a sophisticated team I won't be surprised. grin.That would an interesting way to humble him and force him to take a much lower deal without any backlash, especially from the veterans, going all sentimental. Some may even go as far as saying, perhaps he deserves a veteran minimum. I don't know but I like your conspiracy theory. cheesy grin
A40:
The conspiracy theorist side of me tells me the Warriors deliberately leaked that
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
benji93:
He's been tremendous for all our championships(perhaps not for this one. grin), so it should be hard to get rid of him. But, why wouldn't they want to control the situation? Why wouldn't they frown on leaks? The leaked video makes the optics really bad and perhaps may force the organization to take a different decision, even though Myers said this would be handled internally(I hope they do not bow to media pressure, though. If you allow it once, you may lose control of your controlling power. cheesy) . Meanwhile, I would love that, Lebron over the last few years has turned himself into a relics collector, so why not? cheesy grin

Damnn bro

You really humbled the dude

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:59am On Oct 10, 2022
benji93:
Interesting. For such a sophisticated team I won't be surprised. grin.That would an interesting way to humble him and force him to take a much lower deal without any backlash, especially from the veterans, going all sentimental. Some may even go as far as saying, perhaps he deserves a veteran minimum. I don't know but I like your conspiracy theory. cheesy grin
Let them enjoy. He's the monster that they made. Player wey dey rake for coach, rake for best player for team at the time, rake now for youngin wey e suppose dey mentor

Not like the raking is actually to make players better it's just out of say e fit chance them

I want to see if there's some team out there willing to pay him. What I find most amusing in all of this though is the fact that the guy that always has something to say suddenly can't find his tongue

No podcasts no nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 5:23am On Oct 10, 2022
Roland17:
This incident proves D. Green is softer than an Agege bread fresh out of bakery on Sunday morning. So those were the words and incidents that pierced through his skin!

But…but…. On national TV and on the court when the cameras are on, he acts all tough skinned and the instigator, jabbing left right and center but can’t take his own medicine in private?

Talk about all noise....

If those reports are true then the punch was well deserved. grin

Why would you be insulting one of your vets like that? And repeatedly too. And in the NBA where vet to young fella culture is well established.
E sure me die that Poole will be more circumspect in terms of who he decides to troll going forward. Life no get duplicate. grin

And i don't believe those reports that Poole's attitude has been exemplary. They just don't want to throw him under the bus. If you have been watching interviews and conferences even from last season the boy has been feeling himself just a little bit.

Not saying Dray is not a bozo but usually in life when one bozo starts stepping over the line it is another bozo that checks him.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2022
afrodoc2:

Why would you be insulting one of your vets like that? And repeatedly too. And in the NBA where vet to young fella culture is well established.
E sure me die that Poole will be more circumspect in terms of who he decides to troll going forward. Life no get duplicate. grin

And i don't believe those reports that Poole's attitude has been exemplary. They just don't want to throw him under the bus. If you have been watching interviews and conferences even from last season the boy has been feeling himself just a little bit.

Not saying Dray is not a bozo but usually in life when one bozo starts stepping over the line it is another bozo that checks him.

My thoughts too. Not like I support what the foolish Draymond did, but that Poole go get some gbana for head. Abi no be him push him senior colleague there. No matter what, he should not have pushed him, na to just dey look am make others around come take the foolish donkey away. But he go push am

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 5:54am On Oct 10, 2022
KNIGHTBlaed:

My thoughts too. Not like I support what the foolish Draymond did, but that Poole go get some gbana for head. Abi no be him push him senior colleague there. No matter what, he should not have pushed him, na to just dey look am make others around come take the foolish donkey away. But he go push am

I have been watching the guy closely. It sometimes seems like he feels he is Steph and Klay's mate so he surely feels Greene is beneath him. You get a different vibe when players like Wiggins and Looney speak.

I lost much respect for Greene when he was trying to compare himself and his attache rings to an all-time great like Charles Barkley but something tells me that Poole had it coming.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:01am On Oct 10, 2022
Nice runaround from the boys tonight. Always nice to beat the boys from San Francisco, no matter the competition. AD looked good. If, and it's a big if, he can stay fit, the Lakers have a shot at making the playoffs in this deep west. I'm looking to see how they use Schroder in this rotation because we're deep in that 6'1- 6"2 guard that can't really shoot.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:06am On Oct 10, 2022
benji93:

Lol. The relic collector is still better than any version of Curry there ever has been grin It's a pity his sidekick AD has let him down in his twilight years.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:09am On Oct 10, 2022
typicalgamer:

Go cry to your mama don’t cry to me

You don’t have any say on this matter, keep airing out your frustrations like every fan

Lol grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2022
Why you come dey defensive like this. I never talk anything bad now. Just an observation. cheesy grin
steady986:

Lol. The relic collector is still better than any version of Curry there ever has been grin It's a pity his sidekick AD has let him down in his twilight years.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
benji93:
Why you come dey defensive like this. I never talk anything bad now. Just an observation. cheesy grin

Yinmu
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
KNIGHTBlaed:

Nope. If an adult man. Whether colleague or stranger invades your space and is chest bumping and grinding on you what is your default instinct?

Do you push him away or turn it to a make out session. Green would not try this with player wey dey craze cause na him go first punch Draymond for face knowing fully well teammates go separate

Look the distance wey him waka to go meet am. There's guys that would have punched Draymond straight no questions asked. You don't get that close to another adult man
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2022
A40:
Nope. If an adult man. Whether colleague or stranger invades your space and is chest bumping and grinding on you what is your default instinct?

Do you push him away or turn it to a make out session. Green would not try this with player wey dey craze cause na him go first punch Draymond for face knowing fully well teammates go separate

Look the distance wey him waka to go meet am. There's guys that would have punched Draymond straight no questions asked. You don't get that close to another adult man

Try that with udonis haslem,
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2022
typicalgamer:

Try that with udonis haslem,
Does Haslem behave like a donkey like Draymond? When you don't move like Agbaya younger players tend to respect you
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2022
A40:
Does Haslem behave like a donkey like Draymond? When you don't move like Agbaya younger players tend to respect you

I meant draymond should try punching haslem or butler and let’s see how that plays out

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
typicalgamer:

I meant draymond should try punching haslem or butler and let’s see how that plays out
Lol. When him no dey craze
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
afrodoc2:

Stepping out of line because no one has stood up to him.. Tell me which player has stood up to Green’s excesses on the court and off the court inside that Warriors locker room? He trolls everyone but he gets trolled and he is in his feelings? The last time checked, he invaded Poole’s space.

I don’t think Poole said anything was out of bounds when it comes to banters. Those were banters and not insults. I have watched semi pro teams train and you will not imagine the sort of banters that go on.

The difference here is that Green has been used to being the one doing all the talking and chest beating with no one taking him up! Now for the first time, there is someone in the locker room that can make fun of his horrible FT and other banters.

Poole should have expected this can anywhere when Green started showing obvious frustrations and be prepared for a fight. Fights happen in the locker room, it’s a normal thing.

He is lucky that it was Poole, another player wen no well would have gone all out.. Na that time you go see rookie they beat vet. grin

Green is as soft as they come!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
Roland17:

Stepping out of line because no one has stood up to him.. Tell me which player has stood up to Green’s excesses on the court and off the court inside that Warriors locker room? He trolls everyone but he gets trolled and he is in his feelings? The last time checked, he invaded Poole’s space.

I don’t think Poole said anything was out of bounds when it comes to banters. Those were banters and not insults. I have watched semi pro teams train and you will not imagine the sort of banters that go on.

The difference here is that Green has been used to being the one doing all the talking and chest beating with no one taking him up! Now for the first time, there is someone in the locker room that can make fun of his horrible FT and other banters.

Poole should have expected this can anywhere when Green started showing obvious frustrations and be prepared for a fight. Fights happen in the locker room, it’s a normal thing.

He is lucky that it was Poole, another player wen no well would have gone all out.. Na that time you go see rookie they beat vet. grin

Green is as soft as they come!
I don't understand why these guys are making it seem like Poole here is the offender. All these stinking seniority sh1t dey always vex me. Like is he supposed to be calling Green Boda or what? Poole is that guy on court and I'm with him if he chooses to challenge Klay or Curry anyday, anytime. That's not in any way disrespectful. I watched the video again and omo Draymond wanted this guy badly hurt. It was premeditated. Dead body go surplus if na me sha (maybe not but for who he claims to be, i'm never letting it go).
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Lol. You guys remember Jokic vs Keef? When you guys were saying a mere basketball play could have broken Jokic's bones and so had every right to retaliate. The same scenario played out with Poole and Dray. What if that push busted Dray's chest open? You don't push a grown man and expect him not to retaliate grin grin Lmao. Y'all even blamed Keef for fowling Jokic and turning his back on him. Well, me too I blame Poole for pushing Dray and not expecting the punch.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:25am On Oct 12, 2022
steady986:
Lol. You guys remember Jokic vs Keef? When you guys were saying a mere basketball play could have broken Jokic's bones and so had every right to retaliate. The same scenario played out with Poole and Dray. What if that push busted Dray's chest open? You don't push a grown man and expect him not to retaliate grin grin Lmao. Y'all even blamed Keef for fowling Jokic and turning his back on him. Well, me too I blame Poole for pushing Dray and not expecting the punch.

My thoughts exactly. Not saying what Dray did was right because that guy no just get sense, but Poole should have expected a reaction after pushing someone as aggressive as Dray. Dray walking over to him never had any good intentions, so he should have just avoided him, it takes nothing away from him. But las las, I believe lessons have been learnt.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:57am On Oct 12, 2022
@A40 hockey don start today oh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:59am On Oct 12, 2022
This Phillies team have now won 3 straight games away from home in the post season. This is a team that had a horrible start to season and now they are being carried by bullpen, not even their superstars.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Roland17:
@A40 hockey don start today oh.
Thought it started this weekend.

These schedules are confusing as hell.

Let's see if the Avalanche can repeat. Still have them as the favorites despite losing Kadri. Holding on to Nichuskin and then with a defenseman like Makar who is not even in his prime yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) ... (2227) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.