Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635434 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:25am On May 18, 2017
Celts are like 1/16 from 3 and they are still trying to shoot. Getting killed on the boards as well.

Pathetic performance from everyone. I hope game 2 is going to be better. They have lost this one.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:33am On May 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

that kain comeback no dey happen for game 1 of potential series wey still dey go 5,6 or 7.
best case:warriors make the difference a bit respectable,comeback to blowout the spurs in game 2,and from there we move on.

For charity everybody some how forgets that part.good intention,bad execution.

fork KD.
There is no where comeback no fit happen my gee. Kawhi has played where they lost and missed games where they've won. The lead was more than healthy enough to hold on sans Kawhi. I'm actually pained by Kawhi's injury because I wanted to see how the Warriors respond to adversity this year.

Abeg that your guy just loves the attention. Anyway he has redeemed himself so it doesn't matter no more

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:36am On May 18, 2017
We approached this game with the wrong mentality, and with tired legs/ minds, uneven talent, a blow out becomes inevitable.

Guarding Lebum is no easy task, and you can see he is eating every match up like barbecue chicken marinated in hot sauce.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:43am On May 18, 2017
No need to even start this match na to wait for game 2. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:50am On May 18, 2017
Cavs in 4. 5 if they decide to take it easy and not over work themselves, funny that Celtics actually think they have a chance. loool
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:05am On May 18, 2017
..double post
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:05am On May 18, 2017
@A40

Baba,

E be like say your Penguins just like to chop enough goals
Re: The NBA Begins by showbobo(m): 3:05am On May 18, 2017
Eruditor:
This is a first. Are you in Nigeria?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/comments/6bsgwl/game_thread_cleveland_cavaliers_boston_celtics/

Check as many as you can here. But that one I put there did not ask me for credit card info. The site specifically mentions that you should not pay a dime as it is free.

God bless you immensely bro.Gracias grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:06am On May 18, 2017
This is like the most useless playoffs run i have ever seen in my life, from both conferences. My gawd
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:15am On May 18, 2017
LeBron James doing whatever he wants in TD garden
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:17am On May 18, 2017
lolawilliams:
LeBron James doing whatever he wants in TD garden

Hes just dominating in the paint ....
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:19am On May 18, 2017
That awkward moment the NBA fans are praying for competition and the Celtics brought Lube for rape and the Spurs unfortunately lost two key players. And the Cavs fans are so happy for another sweep to add to their Kings resume.. cry

The league is bleeped up Mhen. We need to listen to Doc Rivers. Both Eastern and Western teams should be reshuffled. I don't know how but playoffs has been boring especially from the east in the last 2 years and the West thanks to Warriors.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:23am On May 18, 2017
Donlittle:
This is like the most useless playoffs run i have ever seen in my life, from both conferences. My gawd
It's disgusting man. I quit Game 2 yesterday after 1st Quarter.

What's most annoying are some underage fans being happy about the lack of competition.

I won't even bother until if the Celtics/Spurs are up by 1 game. Or until the finals. Can't watch this shit. The Celtics even brought Lube for the rape undecided

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:26am On May 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
It's disgusting man. I quit Game 2 yesterday after 1st Quarter.

What's most annoying are some underage fans being happy about the lack of competition.

I won't even bother until if the Celtics/Spurs are up by 1 game. Or until the finals. Can't watch this shit. The Celtics even brought Lube for the rape undecided
It's actually pretty disgusting, from both conferences, amazed at the western conference too, no competition. one team is getting 10 days or na 11 days off and the other team blowing out the second best team or is it the third best team in the nba. Something needs to be done, if not nba go lose fans, especially during regular seasons. There is a lot of people out there not interested in the playoffs till the Nba finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:27am On May 18, 2017
aliondo:

Hes just dominating in the paint ....
Being man handling anyone they put against him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37am On May 18, 2017
Roland17:
@A40

Baba,

E be like say your Penguins just like to chop enough goals
If we go lose let's kuku lose 5-1 and regroup for the next game like we did vs the Caps from Game 6 to 7.

I told you I had my fears for this series. The Senators are a really weird team. Maybe even more physical than the Caps. In one game they took out Schultz and Rust and tried to take out Crosby. Don't forget Hornqvist is also still out. Me I just dey wait for Game 4. A win and everything odinma
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:48am On May 18, 2017
birdman:

wiz choked. suddenly forgot rotations and lost olylynk on multiple possessions. but celtics are definitely deserving of the win. they will challenge the cavs
Shame on the Wizards for not beating the Celtics and giving us a shot at a competitive series. You guys just don't get how terrible a matchup the Celts are for the Cavs. At least with the Spurs vs Warriors a 4 day break and healthy Kawhi still leaves hope.

Like Charles Barkley I'm watching NHL instead of some of these games
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:11am On May 18, 2017
A40:

Shame on the Wizards for not beating the Celtics and giving us a shot at a competitive series. You guys just don't get how terrible a matchup the Celts are for the Cavs. At least with the Spurs vs Warriors a 4 day break and healthy Kawhi still leaves hope.

Like Charles Barkley I'm watching NHL instead of some of these games

People are not giving enough credit to the cavs defense in the first half - I dont care who they play like that, they wer going to open up a double digit lead.

some ppl are saying celtics are a btter matchup, others are saying wizards. I also think wizards are better, because all the bullying and physical plays celtics like to instigate dont do much against a big cavs team. But one thing is that celtics will punch you in the mouth, guaranteed, which is why they may be better for the cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:16am On May 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
That awkward moment the NBA fans are praying for competition and the Celtics brought Lube for rape and the Spurs unfortunately lost two key players. And the Cavs fans are so happy for another sweep to add to their Kings resume.. cry

The league is bleeped up Mhen. We need to listen to Doc Rivers. Both Eastern and Western teams should be reshuffled. I don't know how but playoffs has been boring especially from the east in the last 2 years and the West thanks to Warriors.

Ultimately, other teams have to bear the blame - Spurs, warriors, cavs, celtics - these guys are dominating as the last 4 because of good front office decisions and team culture. I dont think reshuffling is going to matter here.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:34am On May 18, 2017
birdman:

People are not giving enough credit to the cavs defense in the first half - I dont care who they play like that, they wer going to open up a double digit lead.

some ppl are saying celtics are a btter matchup, others are saying wizards. I also think wizards are better, because all the bullying and physical plays celtics like to instigate dont do much against a big cavs team. But one thing is that celtics will punch you in the mouth, guaranteed, which is why they may be better for the cavs.
That's the thing the Cavs didn't even shoot well either. For a significantly less rusty team the Celts shot the ball terribly.

I saw the game in spurts but Isaiah looked real tentative. Shy to take it to the hoop with Tristan in the paint (not like I blame him) but you have to feel the size factor hurts the Celtics badly here. Plus they have nobody who can do a passable job guarding Lebron. Absolutely nobody.

We would see what happens Game 2. Maybe the shots fall and we have a closer game. But of all Lebron's trips to the Finals, these Celtics stand out for me as the most ill-equipped
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:46am On May 18, 2017
Eruditor:

Keep it man. We don't want to leave you broke.

grin grin
Lol loo lool, TLue is a genius too jare. Or is it just LeBron playing at a surreal level?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:56am On May 18, 2017
I don't think i wanna blame anyone for this loss. Cavs playing this way would have raped any other team apart from. Spurs and Warriors.
I believe Celts decided to go easy on Love cos of his poor shooting but he surprised them this game with his hot shooting , drawing an extra man on him and sometimes leaving James with just Crowder.
Lets hope game 2 stretches this series
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:58am On May 18, 2017
I only predicted Celtics will struggle in the playoffs because Isiah struggles with offense in the post-season. that has not happened.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:01am On May 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Celtics will take game 2,

fork KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:31am On May 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:
I know say Ino get 3rd eye like Decale but let me call this series before it starts.
Cavs take game 1
Celts take game 2
Celts take game 3
Cavs take games 4, 5 & 6
cheesy

6 games sha. Are the Celtics that talented?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:08am On May 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Celtics will take game 2,

fork KD.
Celtics ain't doing shît. And KD is getting that Trophy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:11am On May 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Lol loo lool, TLue is a genius too jare. Or is it just LeBron playing at a surreal level?

TLue can have a genius idea without being a genius (See DNA discoverers cheesy ). Surely a Sapiosexual someborri should know that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:24am On May 18, 2017
Decale:

6 games sha. Are the Celtics that talented?
No Sir, they are resilient
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:42am On May 18, 2017
I am just seeing that LBJ played 42mins to get 38pts.

Naah, the dude is playing for his stats. He had no business playing for that long in a blow out game except that.

I hope his fans don't use fatigue as an excuse later when things go south for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2017
Eruditor:
I am just seeing that LBJ played 42mins to get 38pts.

Naah, the dude is playing for his stats. He had no business playing for that long in a blow out game except that.

I hope his fans don't use fatigue as an excuse later when things go south for him.

Lue tries Lebron in different rotations, especially towards the end of the game. All playoffs, they have used garbage time to put Lebron and D will on the floor at the same time - these guys are focused on continually getting better. And it would have been a bad idea to sit Lebron out for too long. the Celtics made two really strong comeback rallies and cut that game to single digits.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:32pm On May 18, 2017
birdman:

Lue tries Lebron in different rotations, especially towards the end of the game. All playoffs, they have used garbage time to put Lebron and D will on the floor at the same time - these guys are focused on continually getting better. And it would have been a bad idea to sit Lebron out for too long. the Celtics made two really strong comeback rallies and cut that game to single digits.

Well, I did not watch the game sha so you have a point. Was surprised to see K Love and Kyrie clock 34mins and Bron clocked 42.

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.