Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621084 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:41pm On May 18, 2017
Y'all didn't hear about Noah Westbrook.. Yeah!! The Brodie has a son now. wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2017
The conference finals has some (maybe peripheral) implications on what D. Ainge chooses to do with the number one overall pick. The east and by extension the NBA is desperately lopsided.

I hope Ainge shops the number 1 over all pick to Indiana, and Utah (P.George, and G. Hayward). The window is now, we have so many pieces to complete a monster trade for either two.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 18, 2017
Roland17:
The conference finals has some (maybe peripheral) implications on what D. Ainge chooses to do with the number one overall pick. The east and by extension the NBA is desperately lopsided.

I hope Ainge shops the number 1 over all pick to Indiana, and Utah (P.George, and G. Hayward). The window is now, we have so many pieces to complete a monster trade for either two.
I don't think Utah is in a rebuilding mode, so the likelihood of them letting go of gordon is low, but Paul George? I don't think even he wants to stay in that city. I honestly prefer Paul George though, He has gone to how many game 7 against Lebron? he is battle tested, and if the Celtics are in a win now mode, I say you go all in for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2017
Donlittle:
I don't think Utah is in a rebuilding mode, so the likelihood of them letting go of gordon is low, but Paul George? I don't think even he wants to stay in that city. I honestly prefer Paul George though, He has gone to how many game 7 against Lebron? he is battle tested, and if the Celtics are in a win now mode, I say you go all in for him.

You make a very good argument about Utah and Hayward. The probability of leaving Utah is very low, however, the opportunity to compete in a conference finals for a shot at the title rests in the east with the Celtics. Hayward is an unrestricted free agent, that means he has to evaluate every opportunity, and that is why i think he may consider the Celtics.

If i was to pick between both, i would pick PG13 because like you said, he is tested, experienced in the eastern conference and a good 2 way player.

The fan base consensus is to shop the pick for a top free agent and all eyes are on PG13 and Hayward. I hope Ainge does not stir any thoughts in Chicago and Butler as i am not interested in Butler.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:09pm On May 18, 2017
Roland17:

The probability of leaving Utah is very low, however, the opportunity to compete in a conference finals for a shot at the title rests in the east with the Celtics

What of Bulls? angry

Be careful with your words otherwise you will be swept. My babalawo has spoken angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2017
Decale:

What of Bulls? angry

Be careful with your words otherwise you will be swept. My babalawo has spoken angry

Which kain yeye Bulls!! You no even mention Wizards or Bucks sef..

You have been praying for this sweep against the Celtics since the start of the post season with disappointment grin grin

Even if we suffer a sweep against the Cavs, your babalawo na fake. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:28pm On May 18, 2017
All NBA first team:

Harden
Westbrook
Lebron
Kawhi
Davis

Second team:

IT
Curry
Durant
Giannis
Gobert

Third team:

Wall
Derozan
Jimmy G Buckets
Draymond Green
Deandre Jordan sad

Why are KAT and Cousins not here but Deandre?

I will even take those 2 in front of Butler this season
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:34pm On May 18, 2017
Roland17:

Which kain yeye Bulls!! You no even mention Wizards or Bucks sef..

You have been praying for this sweep against the Celtics since the start of the post season with disappointment grin grin

Even if we suffer a sweep against the Cavs, your babalawo na fake. grin

Ahn

You've submitted your dab offering. My babalawo has entered night shift angry

Na awa work
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:24pm On May 18, 2017
I would take Butler out and put in Gordon Hayward. Its laughable that the only constant in a 51 win team didn't make All-NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:46pm On May 19, 2017
Decale:

Ahn

You've submitted your dab offering. My babalawo has entered night shift angry

Na awa work

lol!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:55pm On May 19, 2017
I think Celtics are getting ahead of themselves here, Even Pierce is saying to exchange draft pick for stars who can win NOW.

This is a mistake - dont forget, no 8 seed bulls with a healthy Rondo could have taken this team to 7 games. Wizards took them to 7 and it could have gone either way depending on home court. Raptors and Pacers would have given Celtics similar headaches.

Ainge is about to make the mistake baby Bulls made - trying too hard to win NOW, and disposing of pieces that would become important later. You know how long LBJ has been in the league? How long warriors have been building? WHY ARE CELTICS RUSHING? I dont think Celtics are anywhere near complete for a championship run. Even if they win in the East, whoever comes out of the west will blow them away. Keep the pick, Keep Isaiah and build.

Ignore the fans impatience - if you trade away a future allstar, it will cost you your job in a few years.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 19, 2017
birdman:
I think Celtics are getting ahead of themselves here, Even Pierce is saying to exchange draft pick for stars who can win NOW.

This is a mistake - dont forget, no 8 seed bulls with a healthy Rondo could have taken this team to 7 games. Wizards took them to 7 and it could have gone either way depending on home court. Raptors and Pacers would have given Celtics similar headaches.

Ainge is about to make the mistake baby Bulls made - trying too hard to win NOW, and disposing of pieces that would become important later. You know how long LBJ has been in the league? How long warriors have been building? WHY ARE CELTICS RUSHING? I dont think Celtics are anywhere near complete for a championship run. Even if they win in the East, whoever comes out of the west will blow them away. Keep the pick, Keep Isaiah and build.

Ignore the fans impatience - if you trade away a future allstar, it will cost you your job in a few years.
I saw the post with some fans saying trade IT blah blah blah, stupid if you ask me, you don't trade away your best player because the player in the world is eating him up on the pick and roll.

Now onto the pick, i think most reason every one is saying trade him for PG or Hayward is because the draft is guard full. If their is one position the celtics don't need players, it is with guards. You have bradley, thomas, marcus smart, and terry rozier i believe. The best players are in the guard position with this draft?

Draft a guard and bench/trade who among their guards? Or draft a guard and keep him till he develops?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:31pm On May 19, 2017
birdman:

is this draft class that good?
I don't pay too much attention and the name I keep reading about,is one Lavar ball,shay the guy na sure thing like (AD,durant and the rest)? plus I read the guy Is a point guard like Isiah. I guess it is a good problem to have.

there will always be obstacles;the bucks with giannis, the process with Philly and the wizards back court will be around for awhile.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2017
This draft class is below average, its a C+ in my opinion, and saturated with guards. The problem with daft picks is the scary unknown. If you keep Fultz, it would take 4 years before he comes to himself, even if he excels during his rookie season, there is always the sophomore slump every good rookie suffer and most don't come back better.

Big AL (Already on a max) is 30, IT would be 29 next season, you have a bench heavy with guards which mostly predicates the small line up which we have struggled with. If we decide to pay IT the max contract, then we have to provide help now to justify the max contract because he can't carry this alone to a championship, he needs significant help on both ends of the court, and Fultz is not going to provide that while IT is at his peak.

No one, i mean no one is getting past Lebron in the eastern conference with a rookie, in the next 2 years, it is that simple. Waiting 3-4 years for a rookie to mature enough to compete shortens your window especially with the available free agents. In my head, i wish the Pelicans would give up Davies, infact i would load them with all the guards except IT, and Bradley.

We have enough cap space to make some good trades, and I just hope D. Ainge comes through for us again.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:10am On May 20, 2017
Uggggh. This is getting uncomfortable to watch. The Celts O is getting asphyxiated

Just look at this phool Rozier just now! He crossed midcourt and passed to Thomas behind him. Unfassbar!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:11am On May 20, 2017
A40:
Uggggh. This is getting uncomfortable to watch. The Celts O is getting asphyxiated

Just look at this phool Rozier just now! He crossed midcourt and passed to Thomas behind him. Unfassbar!
Did that man pause, and passed to the man behind him? bruh
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:16am On May 20, 2017
Guys!! We need to switch to another sport.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:17am On May 20, 2017
Donlittle:
Did that man pause, and passed to the man behind him? bruh
Chale this game dey make I weak. 50-22. Me I just dey wait make Hockey resume
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:20am On May 20, 2017
Weak Aasss Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:20am On May 20, 2017
Is this Lebron or Steph Curry? I no understand again
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:23am On May 20, 2017
61-24
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:25am On May 20, 2017
A40:
Is this Lebron or Steph Curry? I no understand again

lol. Mixture
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:27am On May 20, 2017
cry
lolawilliams:

lol. Mixture

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:29am On May 20, 2017
A40:

Chale this game dey make I weak. 50-22. Me I just dey wait make Hockey resume
My Guy, i no even they for the game, and i they tired.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:34am On May 20, 2017
And some people are saying keep the pick, i am confuse if that pick will be able to beat lebron in the next four years grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:35am On May 20, 2017
I'll definitely pass on GSW vs Spurs until the finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:35am On May 20, 2017
lolawilliams:

lol. Mixture
Check ya inbox aunty
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:38am On May 20, 2017
Roland17 how ya like my Penguins now?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:39am On May 20, 2017
Roland17 please come and console us
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42am On May 20, 2017
This is just not fair grin

Can we just head to the finals..
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:45am On May 20, 2017
A40:
Check ya inbox aunty
Send your personal email. My mail has been temporarily blocked.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:45am On May 20, 2017
Donlittle:
I saw the post with some fans saying trade IT blah blah blah, stupid if you ask me, you don't trade away your best player because the player in the world is eating him up on the pick and roll.

Now onto the pick, i think most reason every one is saying trade him for PG or Hayward is because the draft is guard full. If their is one position the celtics don't need players, it is with guards. You have bradley, thomas, marcus smart, and terry rozier i believe. The best players are in the guard position with this draft?

Draft a guard and bench/trade who among their guards? Or draft a guard and keep him till he develops?

Yeah true talk. Celtics are guard heavy. I think ainge will trade some guards regardless of what they do with the pick

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.