Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,620 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621367 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:48am On May 20, 2017
I dey road all day. Just checked the box score...sey wetin happen shocked at half time o
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:53am On May 20, 2017
not a good year for basketball at all. the finals better be worth it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:59am On May 20, 2017
For me what this series has highlighted is that SIZE does matter. Your best player just can't be 5'7. IT has been phenomenal and unfortunately paying an undeserving Horford max means Isaiah would not take any less. However if you want to take the next step Isaiah cannot be the best player in your team. This is the dilemma for Ainge

And Thomas is out
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:00am On May 20, 2017
who is bringing out the beast in lebron?? shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:02am On May 20, 2017
lolawilliams:

Send your personal email. My mail has been temporarily blocked.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:02am On May 20, 2017
You're up by 41 points and LeBron, Kyrie and Love is still in the game. Either Lue is stupid or players like LeBron just padding which makes zero sense. This is plain stupid. What happens if they get injured?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:06am On May 20, 2017
birdman:
I dey road all day. Just checked the box score...sey wetin happen shocked at half time o
Fam I told you the Celts were hopelessly overmatched.

These Cavs are too wicked. Up 40plus and still using the starters

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:10am On May 20, 2017
A40:

Okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:10am On May 20, 2017
A40:

Fam I told you the Celts were hopelessly overmatched.

These Cavs are too wicked. Up 40plus and still using the starters

I tell you i no understand dis kin ogbanje game
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:12am On May 20, 2017
aliondo:
who is bringing out the beast in lebron?? shocked shocked

He just responded with the MVP snub with this performance.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:13am On May 20, 2017
James. 30pts is enough, abeg rest
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:14am On May 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
You're up by 41 points and LeBron, Kyrie and Love is still in the game. Either Lue is stupid or players like LeBron just padding which makes zero sense. This is plain stupid. What happens if they get injured?

Practicing rotations they think they will need for golden state. That is how much they fear the warriors. Notice the emphasis on lebron taking jump shots and Love getting touches in garbage time. I expect to see Korver get a lot of 3pt looks in the 4th. I still dont know how dwill will be used. They gon need this offensive firepower for the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:18am On May 20, 2017
birdman:

Yeah true talk. Celtics are guard heavy. I think ainge will trade some guards regardless of what they do with the pick

This result buttresses the argument to trade the pick and other guards for a PG13 or Hayward because IT can not take the Celtics past Bron.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:21am On May 20, 2017
Roland17:

This result buttresses the argument to trade the pick and other guards for a PG13 or Hayward because IT can not take the Celtics past Bron.

I'll have to agree with you on that....
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:24am On May 20, 2017
Roland17:

For all the heart IT has, sometimes you need that size. I just hope the brother gets the heavy payday due. Max contract imo
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:27am On May 20, 2017
birdman:

For all the heart IT has, sometimes you need that size. I just hope the brother gets the heavy payday due. Max contract imo

If you give IT the max contract, don't forget Big AL is also on a max so it is imperative you provide help for IT to justify the max, else it would be a grievous financial error.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:28am On May 20, 2017
Nice move by Deron...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:31am On May 20, 2017
lolawilliams:

Okay.
Hide the mail pls
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:02am On May 20, 2017
Roland17:

If you give IT the max contract, don't forget Big AL is also on a max so it is imperative you provide help for IT to justify the max, else it would be a grievous financial error.

If im Isaiah, im like wetin concern me... Who told u guys to bless Horford like that... Im playing better than horford... I must hit jackpot too.

If front office tries to talk grammar I think it could get ugly
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 4:30am On May 20, 2017
These is likely gonna be a sweep by the Cavs. James is on a mission

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:18am On May 20, 2017
Roland17:

Was just gonna ask man ,hope you guys would use ur first round pick wisely. I'd say give it up to the Bulls for Butler. The Bulls are not going anywhere and would prolly be eyeing a long term rebuild.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:04am On May 20, 2017
Where's Sapiosexual1?

You need to apologize to the Cavs for underestimating them. From "They will never come close to their 12-2 run of last season" to "Celtics will take 2 games"

Cavs just do this every season to massage teams' egos only to deflate them later on.

My babalawo is on point grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Was just gonna ask man ,hope you guys would use ur first round pick wisely. I'd say give it up to the Bulls for Butler. The Bulls are not going anywhere and would prolly be eyeing a long term rebuild.

I want nothing to do with Butler, he is an average star in the NBA, and more importantly his defense has regressed terribly. These picks are unpredictable, as Fultz played only one full season with the huskies and left with a 9-15 record in a weak PAC 12 conference.

IT deserves his pay, however, D.Ainge would decide if it is with the Celtics. If it's the Celtics then we must trade the number one over all pick for a two way player and add low post defense. People speak about Big Al without respect, deservedly so this season, however, I think he has shown during the Bulls and Wizs series that he can be effective if he is not shouldered with the burden of scoring.

No one should be suprise do at what Lebron is doing in the east, he owns the conference and to some extent the NBA, he is not going anywhere anytime soon. Also no team is getting close/ past Bron with a rookie as its leader. Big Al is already 30, IT would be 29 next year if both are on max, then the time is now.

A colleague of mine said pay IT, keep the number one pick and pursue PG13, while that sounds exciting, I reminded him about Cap space and the Pacers would not be interested without a strong pick and complimentary players.

It is going to be a very long summer for D. Ainge and the Celtics front office.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:59pm On May 20, 2017
When it rains, it pours!! IT has been ruled out for the rest of the playoffs with a hip injury.

This summer would be very interesting.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:48am On May 21, 2017
Isn't this a team fighting without their best player? And minions will come here saying the east is tough.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:26am On May 21, 2017
Roland17:

I want nothing to do with Butler, he is an average star in the NBA, and more importantly his defense has regressed terribly. These picks are unpredictable, as Fultz played only one full season with the huskies and left with a 9-15 record in a weak PAC 12 conference.

IT deserves his pay, however, D.Ainge would decide if it is with the Celtics. If it's the Celtics then we must trade the number one over all pick for a two way player and add low post defense. People speak about Big Al without respect, deservedly so this season, however, I think he has shown during the Bulls and Wizs series that he can be effective if he is not shouldered with the burden of scoring.

No one should be suprise do at what Lebron is doing in the east, he owns the conference and to some extent the NBA, he is not going anywhere anytime soon. Also no team is getting close/ past Bron with a rookie as its leader. Big Al is already 30, IT would be 29 next year if both are on max, then the time is now.

A colleague of mine said pay IT, keep the number one pick and pursue PG13, while that sounds exciting, I reminded him about Cap space and the Pacers would not be interested without a strong pick and complimentary players.

It is going to be a very long summer for D. Ainge and the Celtics front office.
End of. We can only wait on Bron to ride out his time
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:29am On May 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Isn't this a team fighting without their best player? And minions will come here saying the east is tough.
Lol lol lool, East is indeed the toughest of the conferences.
Don't worry, game 3 would be a shocker to all. Without IT, the Celts would ball like never before grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:31am On May 21, 2017
Decale:
Where's Sapiosexual1?

You need to apologize to the Cavs for underestimating them. From "They will never come close to their 12-2 run of last season" to "Celtics will take 2 games"

Cavs just do this every season to massage teams' egos only to deflate them later on.

My babalawo is on point grin grin

Lol, baba leave me oooo, ehen! grin cheesy tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:38am On May 21, 2017
Guys, can they just skip the rest of the CF and start game 1 of the finals on Monday? Enough of the raping abeg, we unanimously agree that Cavs and Warriors own their conferences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 6:02am On May 21, 2017
Can't remember if Pop has ever lost 4-0 in playoffs. The guy go dey vex now.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:00am On May 21, 2017
Skywalker5:
Can't remember if Pop has ever lost 4-0 in playoffs. The guy go dey vex now.
The press conference lasted one minute and he was asked just one question.
sapiosexual1:
Guys, can they just skip the rest of the CF and start game 1 of the finals on Monday? Enough of the raping abeg, we unanimously agree that Cavs and Warriors own their conferences.
You need to see the disgust on my face after the Celtics lost and Cavs fans were everywhere all wànking. Even the players were stupid as hell. Up by 41 half time and you still kept trying to add more. We all know there's no way Warriors would've swept if Parker and Kawhi was healthy too. But Damn, I'm disgusted. The league is disgusted, sane media is disgusted, mature fans are disgusted. The whole post season just sucks as hell. Players needs to step up individually, teams needs to cultivate winning habits. Free agency is quite controversial with players making really big league changing moves but these won't really mean if other players step up their game individually and teams do the same. See teams like Orlando, Brooklyn Nets, Sacramento, Knicks are just there to fill the board, no plans, no improvement names.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:58am On May 21, 2017
We really need to stop pretending about being disgusted. Sympathetic because of some injuries? Yes, disgusted? It sounds rehearsed and played out.

Another thing that needs to be shelved is that notion that with Parker and Kawhi Spurs don't get swept. Parker was Shyte all regular season and there is only so much Kawhi can do.

It is not the sweeps that makes the playoffs uninteresting but this feigned feeling that we don't need to predict who will get to the finals. The reality is, for years on in, many have been deciding which teams will get to the finals and have been right.

I did not see these sweeps before the playoffs began. Heck, many predicted Cavs would go 12-7 before the finals (myself included). We were wrong but it did not take the joy out of watching them until they got heavily mismatched against the Celts. After all, they swept the Pacers but the series was watchable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.