Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621301 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2017
Steph goddamn Curry!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 14, 2017
A40:
This Draymond Green does he not think sometimes? 5 fouls

You just jinxed it for the Warriors. He's been balling since
No i didn't, see wetin he miss. Damian Lillard somewhere in oregon yelling told you that man his trash come Game time.
Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 11:08pm On May 14, 2017
What is Klay doing?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2017
Lol Klay Thompson has been rubbish today
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2017
Thank you to the Spurs and the Warriors for giving us a competitive post season game. I enjoyed every bit of this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 14, 2017
Nah nothing you can tell me, Aldridge is a trash assz player, it is not about you not making the shot, it is about you turning the ball over everytime you are doubled? Soft hands.

Once again, it's the western conference with a competitive series.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2017
Steph was huge man! Timely buckets throughout

Donlittle:
No i didn't, see wetin he miss. Damian Lillard somewhere in oregon yelling told you that man his trash come Game time.
Aldridge try to be fair. The load on top him neck was just too much
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:17pm On May 14, 2017
I forgive everybody that has ever wronged me because of Steph Curry.

I cried all through.

cry cry

Sorry Mynd44, I would have supported your team on any other day or series.
Re: The NBA Begins by zopaks: 11:19pm On May 14, 2017
Decale:

Spurs don't blow leads
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 14, 2017
I wish the ECF would be half as competitive as this. Hoping that the Celtics wouldnt present their arses to be raped blue black grin
Yes, I think Celtics would take down the Wizards
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:43am On May 15, 2017
must've been a really good game,shame kawhi is out again,Parker was bad enough.
If kawhi Is not at full capacity I don't see how This series won't be a warrior sweep.this was a really big chance to steal one game from the warriors. won't happen again.

fork KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 5:09am On May 15, 2017
Wow.this game was too close
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:13am On May 15, 2017
zopaks:
grin

You should know that their primary scorer missing did them in.

You can't improvise that kind of game plan

Warriors are having it easier with injuries this post season

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:37am On May 15, 2017
Skywalker5:
Wow.this game was too close
If you watched it , you'd know it was far from close grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:39am On May 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:
must've been a really good game,shame kawhi is out again,Parker was bad enough.
If kawhi Is not at full capacity I don't see how This series won't be a warrior sweep.this was a really big chance to steal one game from the warriors. won't happen again.

fork KD...
Hez coming for you. Hold your breath. grin tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2017
Kawhi was there when the Spurs blew a 20 something pt lead in the regular season so let's not act like its completely impossible the Warriors coulda come back.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:15pm On May 15, 2017
Decale:

You should know that their primary scorer missing did them in.

You can't improvise that kind of game plan

Warriors are having it easier with injuries this post season

They beat Houston by 39pts without him and saw out game 5 before that, without him as well.

2 things that worked against them were;

1. Gasol on 5 fouls early in the 3rd, could not form part of the twin tower that wrecked Houston and GSW (quarters 1-3) with paint buckets and rebounds.

2. GSW were in momentum defensively and offensively just before he rolled the ankle. LMA and Simmon's shot-clock-ending 3s were rather fortuitous if you would agree, meanwhile Curry was matching them with his, in rhythm.

It was unfortunate what happened to Kawhi and I pray he returns for game 3 as I doubt he would be back by game 2 but Curry gets stepped under virtually everytime he shoots a 3 and nobody calls it dirty play. The refs never even give him a foul. In fact, after Kawhi's ankle got rolled the second time by Zaza, LMA stepped under Curry but the refs did not bat an eyelid.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:34pm On May 15, 2017
A40:
Kawhi was there when the Spurs blew a 20 something pt lead in the regular season so let's not act like its completely impossible the Warriors coulda come back.
we are not going to act like that.
regular season yato si playoff.

fork KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

we are not going to act like that.
regular season yato si playoff.

fork KD.
Iyen o kan aye. It is still proof that the Spurs coulda blown the lead because it has happened before

While una dey yab KD sha remember that Steph, Green and Klay were drafted by the Warriors. This is not some free agent mash up like 08 Celts or Bron Bron's Miami
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:26pm On May 15, 2017
A40:

Iyen o kan aye. It is still proof that the Spurs coulda blown the lead because it has happened before

While una dey yab KD sha remember that Steph, Green and Klay were drafted by the Warriors. This is not some free agent mash up like 08 Celts or Bron Bron's Miami
Spurs no beat them anyhow for the first game for regular season why dem no comeback that one?
playoff,different beast.

The rest dey alright na kD I get issue with,fork him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:52pm On May 15, 2017
Eruditor:

They beat Houston by 39pts without him and saw out game 5 before that, without him as well.

2 things that worked against them were;

1. Gasol on 5 fouls early in the 3rd, could not form part of the twin tower that wrecked Houston and GSW (quarters 1-3) with paint buckets and rebounds.

2. GSW were in momentum defensively and offensively just before he rolled the ankle. LMA and Simmon's shot-clock-ending 3s were rather fortuitous if you would agree, meanwhile Curry was matching them with his, in rhythm.

It was unfortunate what happened to Kawhi and I pray he returns for game 3 as I doubt he would be back by game 2 but Curry gets stepped under virtually everytime he shoots a 3 and nobody calls it dirty play. The refs never even give him a foul. In fact, after Kawhi's ankle got rolled the second time by Zaza, LMA stepped under Curry but the refs did not bat an eyelid.

Lol

You're comparing Houston to Golden State Warriors. Moreover, this was not a 2/3 day well thought out game plan but rather an in game decision that wasn't gonna change the offensive disability

Prior to that injury, he's the game's overall leading scorer

Doubt me?
Look at this...

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:02pm On May 15, 2017
A40:

That game and this one were completely different.

Spurs in the regular season blew that lead from the first minute of second quarter. Spurs yesterday were 22 points up mid 3rd quarter with Kawhi being the deadliest man on the floor.

Then he got injured. All of a sudden, Spurs had consecutive turnovers, missed shots after shots and the lead was trimmed.

Even if it were possible, use your basketball mind analyze am.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Spurs no beat them anyhow for the first game for regular season why dem no comeback that one?
playoff,different beast.

The rest dey alright na kD I get issue with,fork him.
Exactly. It is either they held on to win or Golden State comes back. Same way it is pointless to say Golden State lost last year because Draymond got suspended. Bear in mind Kawhi got hurt almost midway through the 3rd Q.

What would you have KD do? Should he have stayed in OKC? Abeg what Lebron has taught us is if you want to chase rings. Chase it with your chest! Even the Spurs courted KD. What does that tell you?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:16pm On May 15, 2017
Decale:

That game and this one were completely different.

Spurs in the regular season blew that lead from the first minute of second quarter. Spurs yesterday were 22 points up mid 3rd quarter with Kawhi being the deadliest man on the floor.

Then he got injured. All of a sudden, Spurs had consecutive turnovers, missed shots after shots and the lead was trimmed.

Even if it were possible, use your basketball mind analyze am.
What was the difference? Make we no too dey apply sentiment for this matter. The lead was wide enough for San Antonio to hold on. If the Warriors can blow a 3-1 lead then kini o le sele?

Unless you are telling us it is impossible for the Spurs to lose with Kawhi on the floor. Which we know is not the case
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:38pm On May 15, 2017
A40:

What was the difference? Make we no too dey apply sentiment for this matter. The lead was wide enough for San Antonio to hold on. If the Warriors can blow a 3-1 lead then kini o le sele?

Unless you are telling us it is impossible for the Spurs to lose with Kawhi on the floor. Which we know is not the case

A lead is never wide enough especially when you're playing the Warriors. But when your offense gets stymied, na there problem dey which was what happened immediately Kawhi got his ankle rolled.

Spurs with Kawhi woulda taken at least 2 games. With that injury and choke, I don't think Warriors will risk anything again. Probably a gentleman sweep as a sign of respect
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2017
I still trust my warriors. They were just teasing the spurs ni jare. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2017
I wish I were a celtic or wizard fan tonight. This playoffs has been marked by too many blowouts - a tense game 7 is just what the doctor ordered. I dont see how Celtics could lose this game. I expect Wizards to fold early under pressure. But then again, the last 2 ganes they won, I was surprised. Roland17, how market. Get some rolaids handy mehn grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:24pm On May 15, 2017
birdman:
I wish I were a celtic or wizard fan tonight. This playoffs has been marked by too many blowouts - a tense game 7 is just what the doctor ordered. I dont see how Celtics could lose this game. I expect Wizards to fold early under pressure. But then again, the last 2 ganes they won, I was surprised. Roland17, how market. Get some rolaids handy mehn grin

BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!!

I am just staying calm, it is a nervy feeling. John Wall is quite unpredictable in my opinion, especially when he plays away from Washington. I expect the Wizards to collapse on IT, and force the "OTHERS" to beat them. Good thing, one or two of the "OTHERS" have shown up recently when IT struggled.

The TD Garden is a difficult place for away teams, and i hope the noise and aggression keeps the Wizards uneasy.

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:58am On May 16, 2017
A40:

Exactly. It is either they held on to win or Golden State comes back. Same way it is pointless to say Golden State lost last year because Draymond got suspended. Bear in mind Kawhi got hurt almost midway through the 3rd Q.

What would you have KD do? Should he have stayed in OKC? Abeg what Lebron has taught us is if you want to chase rings. Chase it with your chest! Even the Spurs courted KD. What does that tell you?
my point na say regular season games they swing anyhow.

which team wey get cap space no go chase top 3 player for league?
LeBron got more grief for leavng the Cavs allow KD get him own.fork KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:14am On May 16, 2017
Decale:

Lol

You're comparing Houston to Golden State Warriors. Moreover, this was not a 2/3 day well thought out game plan but rather an in game decision that wasn't gonna change the offensive disability

Prior to that injury, he's the game's overall leading scorer

Doubt me?
Look at this...

You are right but GSW were playing worse than you had ever seen them and Kawhi had 11FTs in 24mins. He was also 1/4 from 3.

I am saying this because they ended the game 7/22 from 3 (and 3 of those 3s came in the 3rd Q including the 2 fortuitous attempts by LMA and Simmons). In other words, they did not shoot the 3 well yet the 3ball kept them in the running in that quarter when Curry was knocking his. Would it have continued?

Their intensity dropped, they did not outrebound GSW in the 2nd half and the trend before he limped off was showing this was bound to continue.

They dealt with GSW in the paint but Gasol had to step out due to fouls and once LMA got doubled he lost his rhythm.

Surely, if Kawhi was still playing he would have been a strong option but it did not appear he would have been as a threat from 3. If he relied on drawing fouls it may have failed too, refs stopped giving Spurs easy fouls as the game wore on. Besides, GSW were always going to make a run.

Now I am not saying GSW would have definitely won had he been there but the notion that Spurs would have definitely won had he been there is a bit of a stretch - I think.

We also have to factor that Pop is an intelligent man. His team was up 21 (before the 2 FTs from the Kawhi/Zaza debacle) and Kawhi had rolled a niggling ankle injury yet Pop left him on. I think he did that because in that 3rd Q it was clear the trend was changing.

Again I am not saying GSW were going to win but the argument can be made that a top defensive unit like SAS should be able to see out a game that they were leading by 23pts even without their best player.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:27am On May 16, 2017
Why do you think the Wizards are mentally weak? Just asking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.