Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (23035 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by MarcAnthon(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

very silly post,  did you also see white folks protesting there today?,  get some sense up there!

Omo-Tier1, God bless you guys! I am really encourage by those pictures. It shows we all still love Nigeria no matter how far away we live. The pressure is really high on government and they'll have no choice but to rescind on that decision.

And the message is clear: BUILD REFINERIES, TACKLE CORRUPTION AND CUT COSTS simple. Then come back and tell us about subsidy removal in 2 years.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
coogar:

except that london cannot influence the subsidy removal even if 50 million nigerians turn out there everyday.

I told you in my previous post: the fuel subsidy protest is a smoke screen for most of the protesters there today express their anger at the deceit, lies, corruption, inscurity and ill manners of the present government!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by MAYOWAAK: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
Bro J dispensing to collect N145. The best way to get something done is to do it yourself. Abi?

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by bebe2(f): 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

very silly post, did you also see white folks protesting there today?, get some sense up there!

OK, i will try.
but u tell me, one thing that the nig govt has ever given into becos the citizens are protesting.

were u not in the uk in 2011.

all the troubles and disasters that be fell this country. the summer riots for a start.
my point is the uk has its own bills to pay. they are heavily indebted all depts are struggling the last thing we need is to add more becos nigerians that they are harbouring are causing them trouble becos of wat happening in their home country.

the atmosphere is tense, think steven lawrence, then Diane Abbot.

i support the right of pple to protest, take a flight and go do it in the place where it matters.

see, i didnt have to insult u and i made my point  smiley smiley
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
bebe2:

OK, i will try.
but u tell me, one thing that the nig govt has ever given into becos the citizens are protesting.

were u not in the uk in 2011.

all the troubles and disasters that be fell this country. the summer riots for a start.
my point is the uk has its own bills to pay. they are heavily indebted all depts are struggling the last thing we need is to add more becos nigerians that they are harbouring are causing them trouble becos of wat happening in their home country.

the atmosphere is tense, think steven lawrence, then Diane Abbot.

i support the right of pple to protest, take a flight and go do it in the place where it matters.

see, i didnt have to insult u and i made my point  smiley smiley

Steven Lawrence and Diane Abbot What are you on about? , If the Met Police thought otherwise, they wouldn't have granted the permit!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by bebe2(f): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
i meant the steven lawrence killers has just been sentenced.
Diane Abbot and the race row of yesterday.

am sure they granted it becos they had to not becos want to.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by otokx(m): 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
congratulations
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lalaboi(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
Big shout out to Omo Tier 1 and those who were there today. The important thing for me today is guyz back home know that they have the support of Nigerians abroad. The doing the bulk of the work and this should motivate them. Things went on smoothly with the police not having to interrfere with anything. . .
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lalaboi(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
mukina2:

[img]http://c0014124.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_a42db07[/img]

Was just behind this lady when she was signing. lol

And to the guy who came with his wife and child for the protest. Hats off to him!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
lalaboi:

Was just behind this lady when she was signing. lol

And to the guy who came with his wife and child for the protest. Hats off to him!
where is your pishure jor tongue
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
Before i comment.Let me use this opportunity to insult all the id.iots that called us(Nigeians in UK) jobless and cleaners most expecially BABE! when the proposal came.I was impressed when i got there and saw a lot of Nigerians including Dele Momodu whom i suppose is a cleaner at MacDonalds and also a very well known jobless man.It showed they were not detered by the negative and ignorant comments made here initially.Next time men with vision talk, cowards should shut the hell up. @Omo_Tier 1.Weldone! Thanks for having my back when i tried to defend the motive behind the protest   
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starlett: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
Go on, spread the word across the world. this evil will NOT STAND!!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lynkyinka(m): 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tjadeba(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
Many thanks to Nairalanders here who have been on the side of reason with the public opinion over this fuel subsidy removal. I have few questions to ask proponents of this new policy (Karl Max,Starbaby,Beaf etc) and i think if they are sincere to themselves they will see reason as to why the policy is ill-timed,impoverishing,draconian.
my questions goes thus

1. Can Nigerians and should Nigerians trust the ruling class to deliver the goods with excess money saved from the removal? I am saying this because i cannot see What frame works have been put in place to achieve this.Is it the same ruling class that will be saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that these monies are judiciously spent? Or are they bringing in some other honest Nigerians and laying off the present structure(very corrupt)? Are we to trust them NOW is the time that has been deemed fit to start fixing roads,light,water,healthcare, etc etc. Okay, can the government please come up with how they want to share the monies, the number of projects to be started, the amount of money that it would cost,the time frame from commencement to completion of the projects on a state by state basis. Men, the government cannot just come up with removal without justifying it in the most credible and transparent manner.Previous governments have taken Nigerians for a ride over the years and it is still same structure that produced the incumbent administration which makes it quite hard to believe that they indeed posses the magic wand to fix the nation if given access to more money than they used to have.

2. Is it not draconian if the leadership have not taken steps to plug all the loop holes within their set up, like cutting costs in terms of overheads (fat salaries,emoluments), shedding the gargantuan workforce consisting of Special Assistants,Personal assistants,ministers,commissioners and all what have you.I believe it is draconian if you are cutting benefits due the citizens to fund extravagant lifestyles.

3. Are there other subsidies being enjoyed in Nigeria? If there is what are they or what is it? Or is it out of place to enjoy one form of benefit in the country we all own?The countries we are trying to follow their economic agenda sure have one form of benefit or the other.

4. In view of the above, what hope for the common man? Or is the common man not part of Nigeria again? Why should the poor (constituting more than 50% of the populace) suffer in order for the leadership to have more money at their disposal (if what they told us is anything to go by).
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tlops(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
BREAKiNGNEws: Patience Jonathan Threatens to Speak English for 1hr Live on air, if protests continue!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tlops(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
lynkyinka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1nPnWkkQA

E fi ise yin sile, E lo n se Aluta ni London!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Bojiboji: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
qholar:

23 years ago, 1988 2 be precise, the den SUG
president of the university of JOS led a team of
students who rioted against the den military
dictator (IBB)'s removal of oil subsidy.
He labelled it " a crime against the Nigerian masses
and a war against the poor" That SUG president Ȋ̝̊̅§ MR LABARAN MAKU.
The current Minister for Information who has
recently said that the removal of oil subsidy is long
overdue.
Isn't that intresting and funny?
Pls copy and post to your friends until it gets to 1 of
LABARAN MAKU'S friends and himself to defend.
Make UNA dey see People,

I was just thinking about writing something about Lanaran Maku the Minister of Information. I was at UNIJOS with him although he was my senior undergraduate and Union Leader. He mobilized me twice for protest against air strike on Libya and subsidy removal then. I stopped joining protest he organized after visiting his room and i saw all the designer wears in his wordrobe but he deceived students by consistently wearing only one or two wears nearly everyday. I just felt he was just using us and i never joined any projest again until i graduated and until June 12 protest.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lalaboi(m): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
mukina2:

where is your pishure jor tongue

Anonymous man. . You cant see me!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by freshera: 1:59am On Jan 07, 2012
Omo tier 1 speechless here.well well done.   

This is for our children,s children not just for us. If I had stinking money eh, I will pay people to protest and feed them,fight money with money.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:37am On Jan 07, 2012
[size=15pt]The day Nigeria became truly one. Omo tire1 I am proud of you and I am proud of Nigeria[/size] smiley smiley smiley smiley

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNYfz47rxmY&context=C3229cc3ADOEgsToPDskKQfDtKGPprZPlxC8HaD-AG[/flash]
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by kaykaybaba(m): 3:50am On Jan 09, 2012
I for one, am very glad I was there. (My pic is somewhere up there wink ) It cost me money as well, because I don't live in London. I support the idea behind it, and the location chosen.

This is very true:

Kay-Dee:

Good move, it's sure to have an effect no matter how small.

I'm sure most of these people back home saying, "book a flight and come home" havent stepped a foot out of their houses to occupy even their front yards.  undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders / Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University Destroyed By Angry Villagers / Borno Lawmaker Kneeling Before Shettima - As Shared By Dan-Borno On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.