Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,459 members, 7,826,753 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (23041 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by r231(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
come guys enough of the joblessness abuse now over protest

so just cus pple are going out to protest means they are jobless and illegal undecided undecided

i am sure everybody is entitled to day off at their respective jobs and its left to them what they do with their day off

i am not supporting or against it. . . . . . .

when i got the txt, my reply was - I should go and stand in the cold for naija pple to buy cheap petrol when I pay £70 for petrol weekly. Una no serious let me knw when una wan go David Cameron office to reduce petrol here I no mind to come naked in snow for dat one
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by ignis: 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
U guys should come down to naija and protest,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
ignis:

U guys should come down to naija and protest,
Look did you see the statement from #occupyworld yesterday?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by babsjnr(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
Fck d protest I will be @ work making my £100 per hour.I don't have 2 waste on nigerian sh*t country
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
babsjnr:

Fck d protest I will be @ work making my £100 per hour.I don't have 2 waste on nigerian excreta country
This is how we know the illegal worker in the UK, ha ha £100/hr my foot!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by hustla242: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
I wish you the best guys, please try to keep it peaceful, else you will get arrested. I won't be able to make as I'm in Cambridge working for the week. I have been circulating the messages though.

I genuinely hope it makes a difference, enjoy!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Natasha2(f): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
nice  cheesy
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mayankluv: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
hiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
Interesting. Let's hope the protest is peaceful, and doesn't turn nasty and violent.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Siena:

Interesting. Let's hope the protest is peaceful, and doesn't turn nasty and violent.
No big deal out of this protest, Nigerians have held several protest in London in recent past and the Met Police had a niceday out! Hence the reason they gave us this permit. Nigerians in the UK know too well that violent protest is never condoned in London and usually, when Nigerians protest, it is always colourful which makes alot of people to ask questions why they are protesting and leaflets are distributed to educate those that show keen interest!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
***signing out****
1 day to go, THE WILLING are willing, only COWARDS take the back seat !
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
This is only a discussion! if u dont wanna protest dats cul, but dont b insulting dose dat do, no your leg dey go carry stand on friday abeg! personally i dont understand d point, if d protest was about corruption or minimum wage in naija b der, but regardless, i'm not talking down on those that seem to understand the course. no offence bt it makes u come across kinda foolish, #imjustsaying.

For those u dat think protesting abroad is ineffective, may i remind dat during the civil war, it was as a result of igbo people protesting at parliament sq dat uk charities inc red cross, and went 2 d aid of Biafra. Those of us dat work in and around westminister can testify that diff nations protesting 4 diff causes can b seen on a daily basis. Hence effect of d protest in question should not be underestimated.

True story, i friend of mine started off cleaning for an african restaurant for £4.31 (yes well below min wage), I was employed making what i considered to be good money,  fast forward 7yrs and he now runs his own cleaning company with abt 6 staff and over 200 cleaners working for him. if i stayed at the same job, my salary wud hav increased by approx 30%, his increased probably by 300%, n he's still expanding,  compared 2 him now i'm poor! so pls, neva make d mistake of underestimating anyone.

Finally, i swear if one more person mentions protesters being deported i will tear my hair out! Na u go arrest dem? hw can some pple b so ignorant! Pls der has 2 b one immigration or human rights lawyer on this trend, could u pls enlighten them. UKBA WUD NOT ARREST ANYONE AT A PROTEST! POLICE DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO ARREST YOU FOR BEING ILLEGAL! AS LONG AS THE PROTEST IS PEACEFUL, EVERYONE GOES HOME SAFE AND SOUND!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OAM4J: 1:19am On Jan 05, 2012
Thread cleaned!

Please let those interested in protest have their discussion, if you have anything against the protest, express your opposition without throwing insults or calling names.

Thanks.

Moderator.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by eatme: 1:52am On Jan 05, 2012
Very Good! Action must be taken.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lalaboi(m): 2:09am On Jan 05, 2012
They ordered a media blackout in kano where about 5000 people have protesting peacefully. TV stations were ordered not to cover the protest.

But now, Armed police are firing tear gas and attacking this people in the middle of the night!. WHY MIDNIGHT!?

Now tell me, if people outside nigeria dont let the world know what is going on, how are we meant to change what's happening. alot of people can chat shit all they like on a forum, you can be as stoopid as you like but please think before you talk! dont just write crap just cos you are in a position that the current situation doesnt affect you.

Like i said earlier. The important thing is to show support to guyz fighting the never ending battle back home!. Those guyz risking their lives right now in Kano!! those who will come out 2mrw again for the same cause. This is not just about fuel subsidy removal! It is about everything wrong about Nigeria!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Pharoh: 3:09am On Jan 05, 2012
OAM4J:

Thread cleaned!

Please let those interested in protest have their discussion, if you have anything against the protest, express your opposition without throwing insults or calling names.

Thanks.

Moderator.

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by y2kaustin(m): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2012
hey folks,if you can't support the guys that are doing the struggle back home,just SHUT!! Up! rather than vomiting Trash, are your families not here,before you luckily cross over where you not seeping garri and groundnuts?why are you suddenly feeling like an European?, with a tail behind you,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by seunlayi(m): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2012
pls, can i come over and join in the protest?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by pato405(m): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2012
why only London? how about those of us in Scotland, Wales & northern Uk?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by karlmax2: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hahahaha 90% of ya'll don have papers.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Kx: 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
Whats up with the London protest?
Its billed for today, any development?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by PA1982(f): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
I'd like to know what happened with the protests in London. I haven't seen anything yet about them on the news.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Ymodulus: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
This is good. I will be coming down to naija to come protest
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sugardaddy1(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
We need pictures please or are camera phones so expensive in the UK?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by omo9ja1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
common guys bring more alutasmiley

I am loving this move

for those of you that still believe what GEJ and his administration are doing is good, if we have brain can't we refine our oil, hwy do we have to import fuel

this so call subsidy na wayo "yes I talk am"
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Borno Lawmaker Kneeling Before Shettima - As Shared By Dan-Borno On Twitter / Uzodimma Allocates Brand New Buses To Ministries, Department & Agencies (photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Army Base In Borno, 10 Soldiers Killed - ISWAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.