Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,114 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (23039 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

What are they?
It takes area boy level IQ to demonstrate over govt policy in the UK. Its damn silly! LOLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Comedy! grin grin grin grin
Your oleh NTA international have been sent packing from the protest!, Go cover #OccupyNigeria local! Yes we have low IQ, so does NTA management !!!, ha ha, we know who truly has low IQ!  

What is more damn silly is your GEJ's policy of importing 1600 busses to reduce poverty  
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by karlmax2: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:
Quote from: Omo_Tier1 on Today at 03:20:09 PM

@beaf!, I guess these ones protesting in London are also "criminals" and "touts",

FYI, Protest to grace USA next week, !!!

What are they?
It takes area boy level IQ to demonstrate over govt policy in the UK. Its damn silly! LOLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Comedy!

Beaf don't waste ur precious Time answering this fools let dem continue there protest, the fuel pump reads N140 per litre. Reasonable nigerians are going about their normal business and planning on how to adjust!!
Leave the internet and diaspora activist to continue barking like dogs with rabbies
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
karl max:

Comedy!

Beaf don't waste your precious Time answering this fools let dem continue there protest, the fuel pump reads N140 per litre. Reasonable nigerians are going about their normal business and planning on how to adjust!!
Leave the internet and diaspora activist to continue barking like dogs with rabbies

Ok then leave us and stay out of our way OK !!! if you are not protesting fine but stop insulting us because of your bigotry. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
qholar:

23 years ago, 1988 2 be precise, the den SUG
president of the university of JOS led a team of
students who rioted against the den military
dictator (IBB)'s removal of oil subsidy.
He labelled it " a crime against the Nigerian masses
and a war against the poor" That SUG president Ȋ̝̊̅§ MR LABARAN MAKU.
The current Minister for Information who has
recently said that the removal of oil subsidy is long
overdue.
Isn't that intresting and funny?
Pls copy and post to your friends until it gets to 1 of
LABARAN MAKU'S friends and himself to defend.
Make UNA dey see People,

4 real? unbelievable!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by eyesofgold(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
it is quite unfortunate that we Nigerians find ourselves in this mess in the first place. However, the fact that past governments have failed Nigeria so much does not mean the current government should not take drastic measures to put us back on track. if Nigeria must be great, these are the kind of steps (fuel subsidy removal)that must be taken. if the government is really serious about transformation, then i must ask the masses to be ready for more harsh policies. This is exactly what happens in big and civilized nations. you do not expect things to be done the same way and yet expect a transformation?  For those of you protesting in the UK, i am very sure you all are aware of the crisis here, with the increase in tax, transport fares, gas, water, and everything you can think of, yes,  you remain here. Even when the life you live here is a shadow of the type you will live in Nigeria.  people have taking this protest to be fun as i can see many people laughing, dancing and even taking photos. This shows many of the protesters do not even know what they are protesting against. from all evidence available, removing fuel subsidy is the right thing to do, i think what we should be protesting for right now is that the government should implement proceeds from subsidy removal properly and also cut down expenses in other areas of government rather than dancing on the streets and call it protest. Mind you, this is just a waste of time, because i saw the arab springs, it was never like this, those were serious minded people who knew what they were fighting for, not some hypocrites who just want to make their name heard and have fun. Anyway time will tell.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
[size=18pt]THIS IS WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING AND PROTESTING FOR. PLEASE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR !!!!!!
[/size]

read below

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg532/scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=zfibt.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
karl max:

Beaf:

@beaf!, I guess these ones protesting in London are also "criminals" and "touts",

What are they?

Comedy!

Beaf don't waste your precious Time answering this fools let dem continue there protest, the fuel pump reads N140 per litre. Reasonable nigerians are going about their normal business and planning on how to adjust!!
COWARD, r u awake , We resisted IBB, Abacha, why not this SLOWPICO called GEJ? , You can die your 'adjustment' mentality, but Nigerians say NO!, Let GEJ and His thieving cabinet 'adjust' their take home pay first, then We will know He is serious with turning Nigeria around, until then, He remains a two faced liar!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
alj harem:

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg876/scaled.php?tn=0&server=876&filename=62711492.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

I supported this protest initially but now i'm having second thoughts, why the name calling na? The whole London is reading that our president is a two faced liar? I'm ashamed!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

I supported this protest initially but now i'm having second thoughts, why the name calling na? The whole London is reading that our president is a two faced liar? I'm ashamed!

Nope you did not support the protest according to ur initial post

this is what people are fighting for and why they are angry

read below

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg532/scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=zfibt.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by megastu(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
a very big shame on those of you who feel protesting against subsidy both home and abroad is a waste of time.
Didnt all of you not run to the UK to stay because NIGERIA was nothing to write home about?
Many of u have rich folks and are living off stolen govt money.
abeg keep your snobbish opinions to your self, if the queen of england and her immediate and extended families with a drop of royal blood were living the way our politicians and co live at the expense of the masses, do u think UK wld be the way it is?
Abeg eh, if u have nothing constructive to say, just sharrap.
after all the world witnesed the riots of some mad brits just cos the govt wanted to increace what and what (despite the fact that they also live on social security)
Keep living in UK and paying for the citizens indirectly.
when Nigeria has a turn around, u wld now begin to deport urselfs back home and start singing ''east or west, home is best'', ndi ara

VERY WELL SAID.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
The High Commissioner waved and disappeared inside the building
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2012
megastu:

a very big shame on those of you who feel protesting against subsidy both home and abroad is a waste of time.
Didnt all of you not run to the UK to stay because NIGERIA was nothing to write home about?
abeg keep your snobbish opinions to your self, if the queen of england and her immediate and extended families with a drop of royal blood were living the way our politicians and co live at the expense of the masses, do u think UK wld be the way it is?
after all the world witnesed the riots of some mad brits just cos the govt wanted to increace what and what (despite the fact that they also live on social security)
when Nigeria has a turn around, u wld now begin to deport urselfs back home and start singing ''east or west, home is best'', ndi ara

VERY WELL SAID.
+10000
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by UyiIredia(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
karl max:

Comedy!

This post is as 'sensible' as your choice of a profile name.

Starbaby1:

He deserves precisely that insult. He lied that the subsidy would be effected on April 12th and suddenly removed it on Jan 2nd.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2012

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by coogar: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
megastu:

VERY WELL SAID.

you're a miserable sod!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by karlmax2: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Quote from: karl max on Today at 03:34:26 PM

Beaf:

What are they?

Comedy!

COWARD, r u awake ,  We resisted IBB, Abacha, why not this SLOWPICO called GEJ? ,  You can die your 'adjustment' mentality,  but Nigerians say NO!,  Let GEJ and His thieving cabinet 'adjust' their take home pay first, then We will know He is serious with turning Nigeria around,  until then,  He remains a two faced liar!!

If ur not a coward what are Ʊ doing in front of nija embassy carry placard take a flight back home and come and occupy somewhere in nigeria just like the libyan citizens did, oh ur visa don expire and Ʊ can't afford flight ticket with ur 3 pound an hour job, why don't Ʊ also ask FG to subsidize ur life, Ur protest in the uk wouldn't change noting after 3 hours ur would return to ur suffering and smiling job mumu
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Beaf: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
^
Don't mind the cowardly twerp.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
alj harem:

Nope you did not support the protest according to your initial post

this is what people are fighting for and why they are angry

read below

Abeg which initial post are you reading?

Did you read my post about the civil war protest in london which resulted in aid for biafra, hence this isn't a waste of time? did you read my post discrediting the speculations that individuals may be deported, even stipulating that I will represent them in court should that occur? Did you also read my post encouraging them to excise their article 10 right?

In fact show me one post where i expressly stipulated that I am not in support of the protest! Get your facts straight before making accusations.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2012

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

This post is as 'sensible' as your choice of a profile name.

H[b]e deserves precisely that insult. He lied that the subsidy would be effected on April 12th and suddenly removed it on Jan 2nd[/b].

He may deserve it and that placard may be ok in nigeria, but this is London, they will use it to insult all of us tomorrow! Is like a family, no matter how foolish you feel your parents are, you'll never insult them in public, in the midst of strangers, in fact you'll defend them. I think using words that shows discontentment is fair, but direct abuse doesn't speak well of Nigerians. We can still pass on the message without that.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
This is pure comedy! people watch protest in the arab countries and wish they are the ones been beam live on world channels and now they see an opportunity. Look at their placards, all its says is: subsidy is good but we love procrastination!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by coogar: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

He may deserve it and that placard may be ok in nigeria, but this is London, they will use it to insult all of us tomorrow! Is like a family, no matter how foolish you feel your parents are, you'll never insult them in public, in the midst of strangers, in fact you'll defend them. I think using words that shows discontentment is fair, but direct abuse doesn't speak well of Nigerians. We can still pass on the message without that.

britons don't give a damn about the names we call our leaders.
they use worse names to address their leaders.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

Look, I receive more jabs at work about Nigeria than I would ever do about a freaky fisherman of a President!  What you fail to realize is Nigeria is too important a project to fail or be allowed to be mismanaged.

It is better we are insulted today and our children's children no longer come to London for their Education, Health, Shopping and Holidays! Rather they would have a Nigeria that sits on same table with China, USA and dictate world peace, development and growth!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
karl max:

Omo_Tier1:
Quote from: karl max on Today at 03:34:26 PM

Beaf:

What are they?

Comedy!

COWARD, r u awake ,  We resisted IBB, Abacha, why not this SLOWPICO called GEJ? ,  You can die your 'adjustment' mentality,  but Nigerians say NO!,  Let GEJ and His thieving cabinet 'adjust' their take home pay first, then We will know He is serious with turning Nigeria around,  until then,  He remains a two faced liar!!

If your not a coward what are Ʊ doing in front of nija embassy carry placard take a flight back home and come and occupy somewhere in nigeria just like the libyan citizens did, oh your visa don expire and Ʊ can't afford flight ticket with your 3 pound an hour job, why don't Ʊ also ask FG to subsidize your life, your protest in the uk wouldn't change noting after 3 hours your would return to your suffering and smiling job mumu

When the rebels in Libya were protesting in Benghazi, the Libyan diaspora was also protesting in London.

Why do Nigerians in the motherland always feel they are better than Nigerians in the Diaspora?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
oxford:

This is pure comedy! people watch protest in the arab countries and wish they are the ones been beam live on world channels and now they see an opportunity. Look at their placards, all its says is: subsidy is good but we love procrastination!
Oh, is this all you could come up with after your attempt to discourage people from protesting?, ha ha, wooosers!!!, Hope you now see how Met Police keep London watch when protest is taking place, did you see any of them asking for papers?, ****COWARD designed electronically***
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
karl max:

If your not a coward what are Ʊ doing in front of nija embassy carry placard take a flight back home and come and occupy somewhere in nigeria just like the libyan citizens did, oh your visa don expire and Ʊ can't afford flight ticket with your 3 pound an hour job, why don't Ʊ also ask FG to subsidize your life,  your protest in the uk wouldn't change noting after 3 hours your would return to your suffering and smiling job mumu
I look forward to reading your story how the UKBA in Nigeria gave you 10years ban from the UK @Travel Section of NL,

I know your screwed up education back home would not give you the needed Knowledge to be able to fathom what these protest symbolizes and what they would do to a government back home!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Borno Lawmaker Kneeling Before Shettima - As Shared By Dan-Borno On Twitter / Presidency: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2023 – Okorocha / Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.