Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (23181 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
D-sense:

Omo_Tiger  grin grin Abi wettin you call yourself?? grin

Weren't these piks taken back in 1987,after the death of Awolowo? tongue cheesy
Oya tell us the truth, How many boxers and t-shirts you don shop so far??, are the boutiques still on sales? grin

Dele Momodu is here with us, !!,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by oradee: 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

Maybe you should check my previous posts and see that I am NOT against the protest! Again all i did was to express my opinion of it being IRONIC! Everyone you mentioned  Tibetans, Irannians etc, where they protesting about petrol prices? No! If iranian homeless people in the UK decided to protest about homelessness in iran, that would be ironic as they are facing similar conditions in Uk, can you see where I am coming from?

The answer to your second question, the price of petrol does hurt people's pocket in the Uk, just listen to news. Some people are forced to sell their cars, and most people buying cars are only buying hybrid ones. Yes the price of food went up, car tax went up, even ordinary TV license went up! If you leave in the UK are you honestly saying you have not noticed any of these increase? Many are homeless because their rent went up and their benefit went down, common man lets not make blind argument here.

I would like to stress again, i do not appreciate being called names, you can disagree with me all you want, but this is a civilised forum, give me the respect am giving you!

thats all i needed someone to say,
we dont phucking have that so how do u cushion the effect on the masses? the tom-tom i buy N5 is now N15,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

Maybe you should check my previous posts and see that I am NOT against the protest! Again all i did was to express my opinion of it being IRONIC! Everyone you mentioned  Tibetans, Irannians etc, where they protesting about petrol prices? No! If iranian homeless people in the UK decided to protest about homelessness in iran, that would be ironic as they are facing similar conditions in Uk, can you see where I am coming from?

The answer to your second question, the price of petrol does hurt people's pocket in the Uk, just listen to news. Some people are forced to sell their cars, and most people buying cars are only buying hybrid ones. Yes the price of food went up, car tax went up, even ordinary TV license went up! If you leave in the UK are you honestly saying you have not noticed any of these increase? Many are homeless because their rent went up and their benefit went down, common man lets not make blind argument here.

I would like to stress again, i do not appreciate being called names, you can disagree with me all you want, but this is a civilised forum, give me the respect am giving you!
No, Irannians would no protest Fuel Subsidy 'cos their government is not as st.upid as GEJ!, We are protesting #FuelSubsidy, #Corruption #GEJ #PDP #IMF, get it Fuel subsidy is the ligting gun!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

Let me tell you this,  if Fuel price increase abruptly,  the RPI would do likewise,  and in the UK,  salary increase are triggered by RPI,  once RPI goes up,  then the pay increase clauses would be triggered!,  that is why you see that the increament is 20p! Mind you,  the government has also increased tax breaks as per income allowance for families,  ask those who get it,  they will tell you!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by superior1: 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

Youngman, can you do me a favor?, Get the Zap off this thread!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by executinal(m): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
what the hell is wrong with Nigerians? why do Nigerians like to show up anywhere they are what are they protesting for in U.K??  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin well i pray the protest wont end up turning against them there, because 70-80% of them protesting are illegal immigrants.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2012
executinal:

what the hell is wrong with Nigerians? why do Nigerians like to show up anywhere they are what are they protesting for in U.K??  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin well i pray the protest wont end up turning against them there, because 70-80% of them protesting are illegal immigrants.
70%-80% without papers?, is that wht GEJ Education system has told you , FYI, UK is not holland and they do not come harrassing for papers in the public! The police do not have the powers to check for papers unless you committ crime or break the law, at that point they can ask you for your documents by involving the UKBA/HO!, stop spreading lies!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by qholar(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
23 years ago, 1988 2 be precise, the den SUG
president of the university of JOS led a team of
students who rioted against the den military
dictator (IBB)'s removal of oil subsidy.
He labelled it " a crime against the Nigerian masses
and a war against the poor" That SUG president Ȋ̝̊̅§ MR LABARAN MAKU.
The current Minister for Information who has
recently said that the removal of oil subsidy is long
overdue.
Isn't that intresting and funny?
Pls copy and post to ur friends until it gets to 1 of
LABARAN MAKU'S friends and himself to defend.
Make UNA dey see People,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by MrsShols(f): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2012
Nigerians in Ireland no get liver, my Hubby called all his friend no one is ready, they said nigerians in naija should fight for them self, so sad angry
Most of them get EU passport/ Permanent resident wonder what they are scared off,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Dsense(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Dele Momodu is here with us, !!,
Olodo ni e grin

MrsShols:

Nigerians in Ireland no get liver, my Hubby called all his friend no one is ready, they said nigerians in naija should fight for them self, so sad angry
Most of them get EU passport/ Permanent resident wonder what they are scared off,

I would do the same cheesy
Don't ask why, you know already.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by executinal(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

70%-80% without papers?, is that wht GEJ Education system has told you ,  FYI, UK is not holland and they do not come harrassing for papers in the public! The police do not have the powers to check for papers unless you committ crime or break the law, at that point they can ask you for your documents by involving the UKBA/HO!, stop spreading lies!
What i am saying in real sense is why are they protesting in U.K? why not come back home and do the demonstration, is U.K Nigeria why didn't they protest over Boko haram?? angry angry Boko haram or subsidy which of them is more important to our dear country?? Did you read the news regarding Boko haram attack to deeper life church?? SUBSIDY MUST GO, NO GOING BACK. If you like protest reach U.S
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Beaf: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
[size=33pt]I want to protest London council tax increases. . .
in Ajegunle!!!![/size]
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
superior1:

Youngman, can you do me a favor?, Get the Zap off this thread!!

wow! Clap for yourself! i'm guessing that's your "superior" intelligent talking to you. Do you feel better with yourself now? do you? well done! That was an invaluable contribution to the trend, a very good way to represent you country, well done! obnoxious nincompoop!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by superior1: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

wow! Clap for yourself! i'm guessing that's your "superior" intelligent talking to you. Do you feel better with yourself now? do you? well done! That was an invaluable contribution to the trend, a very good way to represent you country, well done! obnoxious nincompoop!

Is that your papa's name?. good boy, now run along sharp sharp
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

[size=33pt]I want to protest London council tax increases. . .
in Ajegunle!!!![/size]
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Still in Pain?, We told you it will happen, the world is watching, Wait when the moment is right, we will fish you out and show NL the traitor called beaf!

Stil in Pain?, thought you said protest would die in a day or two, oh, I saw your other post in the other thread, haha, now you'r talking about Nigeria spliting up?, ND, then SE?, oh, i thought the protest would achieve nothing , Electronic COWARD!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
executinal:

What i am saying in real sense is why are they protesting in U.K? why not come back home and do the demonstration, is U.K Nigeria why didn't they protest over Boko haram?? angry angry Boko haram or subsidy which of them is more important to our dear country?? Did you read the news regarding Boko haram attack to deeper life church?? SUBSIDY MUST GO, NO GOING BACK. If you like protest reach U.S

That's a very good question, why isn't anyone protesting about Boko haram? I hearing reports of killings and reprisal killings, if we are all dead who will buy fuel for N65? or if everyone returns to their village in fear, who will buy petrol?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Beaf: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Still in Pain?, We told you it will happen, the world is watching, Wait when the moment is right, we will fish you out and show NL the traitor called beaf!

Stil in Pain?, thought you said protest would die in a day or two, oh, I saw your other post in the other thread, haha, now you'r talking about Nigeria spliting up?, ND, then SE?, oh, i thought the protest would achieve nothing , Electronic COWARD!!

What exactly is happening? Stup!dity? shocked
The thread about splitting was due to boko haram, you don't need a brain transplant do you?

You can protest from now till doomsday, its a waste of your time and entertainment to us. Just like watching dancing monkeys. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by ignis: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by oradee: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Still in Pain?,  We told you it will happen, the world is watching,  Wait when the moment is right, we will fish you out and show NL the traitor called beaf!

Stil in Pain?,  thought you said protest would die in a day or two,  oh, I saw your other post in the other thread,  haha,  now you'r talking about Nigeria spliting up?, ND, then SE?,  oh,  i thought the protest would achieve nothing ,  Electronic COWARD!!

it would have happened if ur past govts had the brains and decency to have developed the country enough to accommodate londoners and other oyibo's.
well im not surprised cos then we were begin led by a bunch of stark illiterates
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

That's a very good question, why isn't anyone protesting about Boko haram? I hearing reports of killings and reprisal killings, if we are all dead who will buy fuel for N65? or if everyone returns to their village in fear, who will buy petrol?
It was already being planned. The fuel subsidy protest arrived much earlier, beside, investigation revealed long ago that Boko Haram bombings was a product of infighting within the PDP!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
superior1:

Is that your papa's name?. good boy, now run along sharp sharp

Is that your comeback? really? that was weak mehn! wilmer valderrama would slap you if he was on dis. WEAK!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

What exactly is happening? Stup!dity? shocked
The thread about splitting was due to boko haram, you don't need a brain transplant do you?

You can protest from now till doomsday, its a waste of your time and entertainment to us. Just like watching dancing monkeys. grin grin grin grin
COWARD, Have you seen your pay master in two days?, He is not blocking Eagles Square and He has asked for security around him to beefed up!, aah! so He now scared ,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by omo9ja1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
I hope GEJ will have change of heart, because this thing is going like play play just like how it started in some African Country, I guess His ready to take whatever come out of this, A good leader we listen to what the people are saying

Nigerian have said NO TO FUEL SUBSIDY

Patience please get GEJ pampers because He will soon make poo sad
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Ayoobscom(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
THE SIMPLE FACTS WE SHOULD KNOW ON THE FUEL SUBSIDY MATHS

1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42gallons or 159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (combined) capacity = 445,000 barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day.

4) 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) = 12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e. Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production;
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69

cool True cost of one litre of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria;
- Total sum cost = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02

9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about N65/litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.

Pleas re-post until it gets to the right quarters for their response;

We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.

Analysis done by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.

HOW TRUE IS THIS
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
@beaf!, I guess these ones protesting in London are also "criminals" and "touts",

FYI, Protest to grace USA next week, !!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by superior1: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

Is BokoHaram a FG policy?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by ak47mann(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2012
Why lament, why bewail mrs. Okonjo-Iweala afterall she is our sister who we brought from IMF & IBRD to come & implement neo colonial policies in Nigeria. We applauded her as the best, now we bewail her. Right from Babangida‘s era, nigerians hv been threatened with the removal of subsidy. We hv lived under this regime of fear for long. We hv been psychologically abused by successive govts on this subsidy thing. Now this fear is gone, IMF & IBRD hv won but we can still laugh last by picketting our leaders & holding them accountable, that will be the real revolution. Let us insist that they suffer with us. Let us not gv them way when they blow their sirens. Let us reduce their convoys to three cars. Let us insist that they live only on their salaries & pay for everything they use with their own money. No more overseas treatment for them. No more foreign goods & investment & bank accts for them etc. That will be our revolution. My brethren it is time to rise. Forget NLC protests those guys cannot be trusted they‘re not even convinced of the cause they fight. Gv them till wednesday some GMGs will change hands & aluta discontinua victoria uncertain. Let us move based on our personal convictions & not on populist hogwash. All revolutions are spontaneous, they are neva planned. Stand up only for what u believe & not what anoda hoodwinks u to believe. Think, judge, act.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Beaf: 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

@beaf!, I guess these ones protesting in London are also "criminals" and "touts",

FYI, Protest to grace USA next week, !!!

What are they?
It takes area boy level IQ to demonstrate over govt policy in the UK. Its damn silly! LOLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Comedy! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by UyiIredia(m): 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
qholar:

23 years ago, 1988 2 be precise, the den SUG
president of the university of JOS led a team of
students who rioted against the den military
dictator (IBB)'s removal of oil subsidy.
He labelled it " a crime against the Nigerian masses
and a war against the poor" That SUG president Ȋ̝̊̅§ MR LABARAN MAKU.
The current Minister for Information who has
recently said that the removal of oil subsidy is long
overdue.
Isn't that intresting and funny?
Pls copy and post to your friends until it gets to 1 of
LABARAN MAKU'S friends and himself to defend.
Make UNA dey see People,

Let's pause and learn from this.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by UyiIredia(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

What are they?
It takes area boy level IQ to demonstrate over govt policy in the UK. Its damn silly! LOLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Comedy! grin grin grin grin

Nope it's not. Now read this and note how asinine our government officials are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / Osinbajo Arrives Delta State / Ambode Visits Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Enugu State Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.