Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? (8895 Views)

Why Go Into A Relationship When You Are Not Ready To Marry / I Started Enjoying My Relationship When I Started Lying. / Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by opegar(m): 12:03am On Mar 15, 2006
How long are steady going couples supposed to be in a relationship before dropping the condom? Can you truly love her for a year and keep strapping up?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2006
yeh i can do that
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by opegar(m): 12:53am On Mar 15, 2006
Remember you love her.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Seun(m): 1:06am On Mar 15, 2006
You can stop using the condom when you want her to get pregnant and you develop immunity to HIV.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by vickybabe(f): 1:09am On Mar 15, 2006
it's because you love her thats why you are using it still? right
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Badman888(m): 1:17am On Mar 15, 2006
you can stop using the condom when you get married

1 Like

Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by opegar(m): 1:19am On Mar 15, 2006
seriously seun, u hvnt bin in that spot b4? Cros ur heart
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 15, 2006
@Seun
Oya answer
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 1:37am On Mar 15, 2006
Dude, use condoms until you get married. Seriously. I think it's the safest option in terms of STDs/HIV. And the fairest to your girl. You love her now, but what if a baby [/b]comes along? "Will you still love her tomorrow?"

Remember condoms have[b] disclaimers
b/c they're NOT 100%.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 15, 2006
Nice one Chinani
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by nicetohave(m): 1:53am On Mar 15, 2006
condomize before you marry, then after marriage, de-condomize (and hope to God your partner remains faithful afterwards otherwise  cool )
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 15, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by curiousNja(f): 3:39am On Mar 15, 2006
What I have heard is that when you are ready to "decondomize," give it 6 months and then both of you should get tested. If you are both in a clean bill of health, then you can start doing it raw.  Of course, she will go on birth control before that.

About the pregnancy thing: if you don't see a future with her if she got pregnant, then why are you fucking/maintaining a relationship with her longterm anyway?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 15, 2006
Girl that was raw cheesy
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by curiousNja(f): 3:55am On Mar 15, 2006
Sorry, I just had to go there. Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is. grin
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 15, 2006
yeah i understand
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by oasis: 4:06am On Mar 15, 2006
There are two reasons people use rubber:
1. To prevent std
2. To prevent unplanned pregnancy.

Which one applies to you?

You would have answered your own question, when you find an alternative solution to one or both of the situations above.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 4:40am On Mar 15, 2006
Well the reason I brought up a potential baby is b/c men/women always say, "Oh yea, we love each other. If a "surprise" baby came along we'd still be together. We LOVE each other." But when the baby comes along, instead of the smelling roses, you start smelling dirty diapers and the guy skates.

You're the guy, so it'd be your moral failing. So, take a deep breathe, and be realistic instead of optimistic! It might serve you better.

1 Like

Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by fish(m): 4:47am On Mar 15, 2006
std do not know love so wear it or die after it cry cry cry cry embarassed
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by kenniy(m): 9:11am On Mar 15, 2006
oasis:

There are two reasons people use rubber:
1. To prevent std
2. To prevent unplanned pregnancy.

how effective is the condom to these 2
just curious,
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by lioness(f): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2006
Boy, you better wear that condom like your life depended on it.

Even if its 1% effective, its better than nothing.
You better wear it angry. You hear me boy.
Wear the dam condom.

2 Likes

Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by stevebk(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2006
WELL IF THE RELATION IS STEADY, this is good but it isnot a good reason y u shd drop usin condom,u have already started havin sex so wat is the problem. some people in relationships actually abstain from havin sex and it is not a problem 4 them. well if u are ready to be a father and yur chick is ready to b a mother, then u guys can go ahead to have sex without the use of condom. but do not 4get HIV, AIDS. wish u luck.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 9:58am On Mar 15, 2006
You people are like wear condom or "you'll catch HIV and burn in Hell"

I would drop the condom, when i think i know her well enough to trust she would not cheat. Then we would go to the clinic and get tested for STD's/HIV.
Then she goes on the birth control pill, and hopefully does not get pregnant. That's going to suck if she does
And we enjoy sex happily ever after
easy.
no stress
no wahala
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Som(f): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2006
first of all, thumbs up to u for doing it with rubber that shows that u really love this woman.you can drop the rubber when u slip the ring and u are confirmed man and wife.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by babymine(f): 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2006
Condom ke? Whateva happened to saying NO to prmarital sex! shocked

1 Like

Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by oasis: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2006
Condom ke? Whateva happened to saying NO to prmarital sex!

The last vestiges of the ancient world.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by lioness(f): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  IMAO
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Fluffy(f): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2006
I think Zebudaya is the only person being honest, the rest of the guys are like "drop the condom and you die" shocked
while in reality guys actually hate using condoms and u have to force them to. Or are u Nigerian guys realy devoted to
using condoms. Please let me know, I'll immediately migrate to Nigeria. cheesy
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by lioness(f): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2006
i really dont know which side of the planet pple come from but i have been with this guy for a year and we've had the condom on ever since. We both tested -ve to HIV but we are still with the rubber, cos we both aint ready for a kid. I've seen guys initiate the condom thingy and i respect such guys alot cos i feel such guys actually know what the time is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, u know what am saying.

Once again @Opegar ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You better wear that condom and wear it good too angry
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by flower(f): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2006
I agree with curiousnija. If you really think you're ready then both of you should get tested, wait 6 months and test again. I'd also say you can stop using the condom if you both are ready for any consequences that could follow i.e. pregnancy.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by kimba(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2006
of all the condom condomless condomize talk on this forum,

can @chinani pls explain

Well the reason I brought up a potential baby is b/c men/women always say, "Oh yea, we love each other. If a "surprise" baby came along we'd still be together. We LOVE each other." But when the baby comes along, instead of the smelling roses, you start smelling dirty diapers and the boy skates.

is there really a SUPRISE BABY

how many of you were born by SURPRISE? by the time a guy and a girl dump the condoms, by the time they configure a baby, then they are ready for COME WHAT MAY!!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by flower(f): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2006
My brother was a "Surprise Baby" since the doctors told my mother she would be unable to get pregnant without fertility drugs.

My sister was a "Surprise Baby" since my parents used a condom.

Gotta love surprises. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waking Up With A Good Dick – Lady Shares Sex Experience After A Night Party / Slay Queen And Her Saggy Boobs Storms An Event In Massive Bare Cleveage - Photo / End Time Male Tailor Measure Female Client Touching Her Private Part, Spark Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.