Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? (8911 Views)

Why Go Into A Relationship When You Are Not Ready To Marry / I Started Enjoying My Relationship When I Started Lying. / Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2006
@ kimba

I guess I meant surprise or rather unplanned pregnancy that results in a baby.

***back on topic***

All these people up here are like "drop the condom" *cough* but beware of the consequences. Well folks wake up & smell the roses b/c neither condoms or birth control are 100% effective. And you can get tested all you want but you won't know about that baby until the lady misses her period (which could make the baby already a month old or more depending on the lady's cycle).

Just remember, all those "forget the condoms" supporters won't be there when you're buying diapers & that's REAL.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2006
@ Fluffy

Who cares if "boys hate condoms" If he doesn't like why doesn't he jump off a bridge? That may sound harsh, but hell, it's my body too. What about what I, a woman, likes or dislikes? So often women make decisions based on what we anticipate men will like. Well that's fine if your talking fashion but terrible if you're talking women's health.

Come on ladies, this is the 21st century! Or is it?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2006
yeah you're right
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 15, 2006
*rolls eyes*
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2006
Birth control pills are 98% to 99% effective for women who take the pills every day as directed. Pill-taking mistakes decrease effectiveness. (http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/sexual_health/ssc/bcps.htm)

unless you have extreme bad luck, or she forgets to take her pills. 98% to 99% is good for me.

If and When she forgets you use a condom. This is not rocket science!!!!

@seun how come when i type in "GUYS", as in "you *GUYS*" in small letters it shows up on my post as "you boys". I believe this is happening to other people too.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2006
@Zebudaya

The G U Y S thingy is happenin to everyone, i wonder why Seun did that.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2006
yeah, BC is pretty good. check out this link:

http://www.uhs.uga.edu/sexualhealth/contraception/effectiveness.html

Let's hope you're not one of the 8. But life itself is a risk. Do what's best for you, but keep your eyes *open*

p.s. I for one don't subscribe to the "condemns or hell" philosophy. I just know that knowing BC is 99% effective won't be a comfort, if YOU are pregnant. Feel me?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by mingiix: 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2006
Hmm! Hmm! What a thread.I never thought we Nigerians had such a safe sex life. I actually think the WHO should re-check their statistics and correct the anomaly on the prevalence and incidence of STI/HIV and teenage pregnancy associated with this great nation. We are a healthy bunch.No more GUM clinics please.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 16, 2006
*rolls eyes*
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by spikedcylinder: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2006
You guys
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by spikedcylinder: 8:17am On Mar 16, 2006
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom?

When you have tested negative for HIV and you are sure your patner will not cheat on you and even if he/she does,he/she would be reasonable enough to use a condom when they do.

I think thats the only reasonable answer.

As for the person preaching total abstinence,Kudos to you!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Fluffy(f): 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2006
coz Jackal might be one of them guys I was referring to earlier cheesy
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by ramono(m): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2006
Does this depict the fact that Nigerians are really adhering to the rules of sex education or is evryone just trying to be politically correct? I ask cos I know (well I dont sleep in their bedrooms, but i know) that many Nigerian unmarried couples of ages 23-35 drop the condon over a steady period of 3-9 months. I did a random sample of about 12 friends and colleagues, out of which 8 fell into this category. I work in Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Jackal(m): 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2006
Condoms just suck to me. Whoever invented it is a freaking SADIST cos CONDOMS just take away the hues and shines of SEX. I always drop the Condom as soon as i close the door behind me and em chics.

God didnt create Men to start wearing slippery pieces of rags on their weapons!
My advice to em playas out there is to GO HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by tipsy289(m): 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2006
its betta if you use the condom most times only if you want a child cos there many STD's you can get and i know the condom is bout 90% or more effective.If u trust each utha(as in real one) then u dont need to use.Guys,girls have a menstrual period so having sex with them at certain periods wont get them pregnant.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by lioness(f): 9:25am On Mar 20, 2006
Good advise Smart ass. "God didnt create Men to start wearing slippery pieces of rags on their weapons!" Same way he didnt create folks to go having fornication/adultery & all manner of wreckless sexual escapades.

Another great advise , let playas go ahead and get all the STD s possible yeah.

Congrats Bro. You just made a point tongue

[Posted by: Jackal
Insert Quote
Condoms just suck to me. Whoever invented it is a freaking SADIST because CONDOMS just take away the hues and shines of SEX. I always drop the Condom as soon as i close the door behind me and em chics.

God didnt create Men to start wearing slippery pieces of rags on their weapons!
My advice to em playas out there is to GO HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/quote]
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Radiant(f): 12:49am On Mar 24, 2006
what makes y'all think dat after marriage, u'll remain faithful? if u gon cheat on ur partner, u can always do dat b4 and after marriage so what y'all chattin 'bout? plz,if u wanna b faithful,then go ahead n stop givin excuses 'bout "baby" n pretendin y'all never heard of D n C when y'all have been dere and done dat most married men actually NEED to still use condoms with their wives so wonder what y'all about?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2006
(1) I haven't been there.
(2) I haven't done that.
(3) And my Married Man won't need a condom. grin
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Jackal(m): 11:38am On Mar 24, 2006
@Chinani,
From the look of thangz and as a psychic reader,
I know u have been there
I know u have stayed there
and u have done that.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by sasuos(m): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2006
wait till the day the condom will burst and will know the difference, think u can start from there
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Radiant(f): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2006
@chinani, i hear u well just be prayerful gal.ya heard? tongue
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2006
@ Jackal

LMAO! grin You're one lazy pyshic! You've never even called me to warn me about anything before!

@ Radiant

I feel you b/c that's real.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Jackal(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2006
@ chinani.
I ain't lazy. U didn't gimme ur number plus when next r u visiting California maybe we can link up.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by ajiboye(m): 12:33am On Mar 26, 2006
i guess u drop the condom when you are ready to become somebody's baby daddy.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by t4cash(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2006
DROP THE CONDOM AFTER YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE TESTS!!!

I know it sounds disrespectful but ensure you so tests for all STD's before you stop using condom.

If you plan to marry and have kids, also do the tests for SS (sickle-cell genotype) and for fertility (i will never wish my enemy to be in a marriage in which his/her partner is sterile).

The earlier you BOTH do these tests, the better. If you fall deeper in love, its harder to break up.

Every day someome is regretting not taking these simple precautions. STD, Sterility and SS can be prechecked easily. To be forewarned is to be fore-amed.

Jeez, I cant believe how dumb people are.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by gentleaura(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2006
In this world out there! I'd say NEVER DROP THE CONDOM. Only drop it for procreation purposes, and that is after u get married, I'd suggest.

Ladies in the USA knows better, and if you happen to catch the documentary on BET last night (28 Mar 06), the DL dudes goes out there to do their thing with other men and they bring disease back to the "faithful" and "innocent" lady. So for your sake and not because of love, I'd advise condom shld be in place anytime "t". I know love can be stupid but you can't salvage 5 mins of pleasure(provided it last that long) for lifetime pain. Think twice!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by afrobeat: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2006
As far as I am concerned don't drop the condom, in fact add birth control to it!! Until marriage. And make sure you get tested before you get married. And if when you are married you suspect that your spouse is cheating then start using the condom again. I have heard of women who got HIV from their cheating husbands.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by eveseh(f): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2006
when u guys go for blood test and nothing wrong with u 2

and if the man really wanna married the girl
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by babe1(f): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2006
NEVER! Meaning that, if you love her, you will not stop till she is your wife or he is your husband. Strap it on dudes. You don't want to be sorry.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Intrigue(f): 6:08am On Aug 16, 2006
@Opegar,
         As soon as u leave the ALTAR, or her NIKKAI !!!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by 2fine4u(f): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2006
lmao this was the funniest post to me on here grin can someone be immune to HIV? grin
You can stop using the condom when you want her to get pregnant and you develop immunity to HIV.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by jacq(f): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2006
After both have done some test to see if u both are free from dieases to have sex without condom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kissing Robot For Long-distance Lovers / Waking Up With A Good Dick – Lady Shares Sex Experience After A Night Party / The Guy That Will Knack My Ex Will Enjoy Her Oo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.