Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,482 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (18593 Views)

Buhari Isn’t God, I’ll Continue To Say The Truth – Fayose / "..I Didn't Say I'll Bomb Nigeria; I'll Destroy It Completely" - Nnamdi Kanu / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by mukina2: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
"There are some phony and maliciously crafted quotes (circulating on social media platforms and Blackberry messenger) attributed to me. The one created today says that I said that the poor don't get it. It is entirely false and made up by people are committed to selling lies. The people on this hideous campaign are the ones who don’t get it. No amount of falsehood will ever triumph over truth. I neither hold such opinions nor use such phrases. Please disregard tweets and messages that purport to broadcast my quotes. I only speak to reputable news organisations and not individuals. Thank you very much for your time."

https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/156394154623115264
https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/156392450561282048
https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/156392667507458049
https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/156393318786404353
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by rasqman: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
That's so rude of her!
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by tellwisdom: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
Sorry, who is oko-ndo iwuara?
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
snob
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by gmoney009(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
Minister of finance and d one running d economy now.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by queensmith: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
the woman is an absolute idiot. is that why she was hired? is she the pr or spokesperson?

may bishop oyedepo send her a mighty thurderous slap!
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by animasaun(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
Thats her way of life, mannerless and rude
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
tellwisdom:

Nigeria's prime Minister
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by octar6: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
too much book can turn u into a re tarden. And now,she also has small money and small power,she has turned into a total animal.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by 3kay945(m): 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
The woman is da.m.n f.o.ol and wicked.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by kayalla(f): 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
No be her fault
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by doctokwus: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
That's what u get when a president makes a minister d defacto prime minister
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by leighcon(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
Saw it too and was mused at the lack of decorum usually exhibited by our leaders.  
Mschew same individuals who are taxed to pay her wages

Mr. "I no get shoes" don infect all of them.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by mbulela: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
queensmith:

may bishop oyedepo send her a mighty thurderous slap!
ha ha ha ha
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by sammirano: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
I believe she is a fool, to have made that statement. A fool that can run Insane this moment
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
Too bad this is a lady I so much respect. angry
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
Some people can be really foolish. Who can tell me her crime. What wrong did she commit. She said that because she is tired of people changing her stories and now some eedoits here on nl are cursing her. If the first posters had commended her others would have followed suit. Dunces.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by USATunde: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hello all,
just joined the forum. Can anyone explain how to list a topic or question?
Thanks
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by stagger: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
Those her puff-puff cheeks are good for suya! cheesy
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Pennywise(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
I can only feel sorry for the poor woman. She contrives an economic solution to a problem that is primarily mass felony of a Government. If only she knew. . . .
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
May the gods of iboland strike her.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by chubysoft1(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
1stCitizen:

Nigeria's prime Minister
lol. Minister of Money.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
stagger:

Those her puff-puff cheeks are good for suya! cheesy

ROFLMAO. . . .we'd need some boko haram to do that for us. grin
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by iyes(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
All hail the Prime Minister of Nigeria!

So what is the yardstick for determinig "reputable organizations"?
In such organizations, is it not individuals she will talk to?

Arrogant "Ewu-ala"
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Beaf: 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
lucenzo:

Some people can be really foolish. Who can tell me her crime. What wrong did she commit. She said that because she is tired of people changing her stories and now some eedoits here on nl are cursing her. If the first posters had commended her others would have followed suit. Dunces.

[size=14pt]Don't mind the pack of shameless liars and haters. The bigotted protests failed woefully, thats why they are so red eyed and have resorted to lying shamelessly.

1000000000 lies will not bring back the subsidy, or return the "born to rule" to power.
[/size]
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Toronto123: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Why insult a very intelligent woman. See my people; if Nigeria looses the woman, then we have lost a whole lot. Ngozi, Sanusi, and Goodluck are one of the smartest things that have happened to Nigeria in a long time. What is manifesting is the reality of a cleanse going on in Nigeria. We cannot live on borrowed money any more. Yes I agree we have to fight corruption, but we have to start from somewhere. Let’s give these people a chance abeg
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by phlame(m): 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
tellwisdom:

LOL, I can't stop Laughing,
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by 989900: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
Did she really say that?
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Pain(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
May The Slaps of Oyedepo Never Depart From Thy Cheeks!!
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
...pls delete
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by wellmax(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
I see nothing wrong in what Dr. Mrs Okonjo Iweala has done. She dissociating herself from a false information and we are here shouting her down. Please have some brains.
Re: I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by PointB: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
Carry on Ngozi, Nothing do you! You should not be swayed by the amount of insult from people who are bent on keeping Nigeria in captivity.

the same force who tried to prevent her nomination as minister are now bent on destroying her reputation. They can only try but will never succeed.

Carry on Amazon! May your days be long!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: I Met Wike Five Times Without Solution – Atiku / Kogi: YIAGA Tasks INEC To Investigate Reports Of Pre-filled Results Sheet / FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.