Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21403 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by biometrics: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2012
[size=18pt]It's just the beginning before you knew it Federal Government will be shouting how much they are losing on dailing basis.[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2012
[size=20pt]The ill fated strike is now crumbling at their faces  tongue . The only sad point is the high probability of the current NLC Lagos Carnival ending prematurely  cry . and Obesere was slated for tomorrow performance   grin .[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
http://cutting-edge-view..com/2012/01/uneasy-calm.html

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD. DO NOT LISTEN TO GEJ APOLOGISTS!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by VULCAN(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2012
The President announced that political office holders will sacrifice 25% of their SALARIES for subsidies.

That translates to Jonny sacrificing N800,000. PER ANNUM

Now that is a lot.

I dont see why people wud still want to protest when our president has given up so so much for us.

Oh, oh, maybe its 'cause he didnt touch the allowances that are in some cases 50-100 times the value of the salary of a political office holder

Aww, He must have forgotten about the allowances. Poor thing

Please someone should remind him, quick cos i wudnt want to believe that he purposely kept that little item hidden.

The allowances given to a nigerian senator are well over N100m per annum and there are about 150 of them while the allowances given to a rep are similar but with there being around 400 of those ones, well the numbers just keep adding up dont they?

Anyway for those who wont go out to the streets to demonstrate but wish support the protesters you can call enoughisenough nigeria on 07006662222(www.eienigeria.org) and make ur comments and or donations.

Im making my donation of water tommorow as i want to lead by example- unlike some president's we know
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by coogar: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
VULCAN:

The President announced that political office holders will sacrifice 25% of their SALARIES for subsidies.

That translates to Jonny sacrificing N800,000. PER ANNUM

Now that is a lot.

I dont see why people wud still want to protest when our president has given up so so much for us.

Oh, oh, maybe its 'cause he didnt touch the allowances that are in some cases 50-100 times the value of the salary of a political office holder

Aww, He must have forgotten about the allowances. Poor thing

a lot?
are you aware this idiotic president of yours budgets 1 billion naira on food for his household per annum?
1 billion naira for food alone? he must be eating hollywood celebrities.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by hercules07: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
@coogar

Na tongue in cheek statement, read the remaining part of his contribution.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by emmatok(m): 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2012
HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Airports-shut down
Seaports- shut down
Banks-shut down
Senate-shut down
House Of Rep - shut down
Government -shut down

Nigeria was successfully shut down.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Limaoscar: 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
what goes around, comes around

One day the oil would finish and you have nothing to turn back to but to these "oil poor" states just like in the 1940s.

Lets see what would happen then

Trust me the protest that took place in Nigeria would not be forgotten in at least 70-100 years time

oil would finish in 20 years time in the Niger-delta region and the SE

we would see what would happen when that time comes

Remember you only have yourself to blame because we are asking the government to develop the Niger-delta as part of our protest. You people are using tribalsim to think

hmmmmm time would tell

Dude, better stick to your un-intelligent ramblings and poopings on NL. What do you know about Geology, Reservior Engineering or the Oil/Gas business? Where did you get the confidence to postulate and crunch the figures you have up there.

BTW, you have not told us when the Natural gas will "dry-up" as well, one expo for you though, The Niger-Delta and SE region has a large "Island of Oil in a Sea of Gas" one of the largest in the world, oya start crunching  your near dead calculator to tell me when our total reserves dry-up.

Your folks stop building Pea-nut pyramids not because your land stop producing but because you found a way to prosper from other regions natural resources and statistically, your region has  comparatively the largest number of lazy and un-productive people in the Contraption called Nigeria (I am not refering to the entire North here, cos I have a few friends up North who are hard working and smart, so make no mistakes).

You got Tin mines/Fields somewhere in the Middle belt, why has it not been developed? You Farm Potatoes, Onions,Tomatoes and rear Cattles (Your traditional occupation) why have you not developed all this to gain international export value, No, you must sell dollars on the streets, must be positioned in NNPC, NPDC, NAPIMS, Ports Authority,Immigration and Exercise and all the plum sectors possible so you can dictate to people who work hard and who are endowed with these Natural resources  while keeping them under. Now tha it looks like the game is changing, your politicians are Orchestrating and formenting trouble all over the Nation so the project of decentralising your manipulative grip and control over National resources will fail and that ain't gonna happen!

May be I just dey waste my time with you sef. To all other NL users sorry that I was forced by the silly post up there to join in the derailment of this thread. My apology but my position on subject has long been stated.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Airports-shut down
Seaports- shut down
Banks-shut down
Senate-shut down
House Of Rep - shut down
Government -shut down

Nigeria was successfully shut down.

No be small merited success, Finally dawned on me that Lagos, Abuja and Kano made up Nigeria . with lagos holding the mother of all rally with award winning artiste entertaining the crowd with hit songs.

Another successful carnival . cheesy

What about the NLC calling off their strike in Kano and Kaduna. An ally pulled out of the faulty protest plug.

Your helpless squirms is visible from afar. Failures.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by emmatok(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
Rad1cal:

No be small merited success, Finally dawned on me that Lagos, Abuja and Kano made up Nigeria . with lagos holding the mother of all rally with award winning artiste entertaining the crowd with hit songs.

Another successful carnival . cheesy

What about the NLC calling off their strike in Kano and Kaduna. An ally pulled out of the faulty protest plug.

Your helpless squirms is visible from afar. Failures.

MR MUNTULA,

Where did you see Lagos, Kano and Kaduna in my post you quoted,

How come Airports and Seaport in the SS and SE are not working since the strike begin.

Tell me how many banks are opened for business and how many cheque/s you have cleared this week.

You better stop dreaming.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

MR MUNTULA,

Where did you see Lagos, Kano and Kaduna in my post you quoted,

How come Airports and Seaport in the SS and SE are not working since the strike begin.

Tell me how many banks are opened for business and how many cheque/s you have cleared this week.

You better stop dreaming.

Mr Mumuni, when you said Nigeria was shut down, kindly count how many of the states joined in your wayward protests .

and with your false utterances , if you reside in Lagos,Ibadan or other places i mentioned in my post. then it's a pity to see what ignorance can result to = false intelligence .

you berra wake up guy from your nightmare .

emmatok:

HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Airports-shut down
Seaports- shut down
Banks-shut down
Senate-shut down
House Of Rep - shut down
Government -shut down

[size=18pt]Nigeria was successfully shut down.[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by emmatok(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Rad1cal:

Mr Mumuni, when you said Nigeria was shut down, kindly count how many of the states joined in your wayward protests .

and with your false utterances , if you reside in Lagos,Ibadan or other places i mentioned in my post. then it's a pity to see what ignorance can result to = false intelligence .

you berra wake up guy from your nightmare .

Mr MUNTULA,

You keep calling Lagos, Ibadan and other states, did mentioned them in my post? undecided undecided undecided

I am talking about Facilities and amenities that keeps Nigeria rolling.

I ask you again how many Bank are open for business nation wide.

How many schools are opened.

What about seaports, too much Demurrage . grin grin grin grin

My friends are still at Enugu because all flights are grounded.

You do not need to go round the country to shut it down.

Target the necessary  amenities, and everything will slow down.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
emmatok:

Mr MUNTULA,

You keep calling Lagos, Ibadan and other states, did mentioned them in my post? undecided undecided undecided

I am talking about Facilities and amenities that keeps Nigeria rolling.

I ask you again how many Bank are open for business nation wide.

How many schools are opened.

What about seaports, too much Demurrage . grin grin grin grin

My friends are still at Enugu because all flights are grounded.

You do not need to go round the country to shut it down.

Target the necessary  amenities, and everything will slow down.

The rantings of an ant named MUMUNI . you obviously have not heard that in the SE and the SS with reference to Cross River State. there was no hullabaloo of protests

Permit me to ask you where do you reside. you come off as an apparent ignorant dude. thinking where you reside denotes Nigeria

International flights took off yesterday in Lagos and today, wetin you vomit sef

Jokers of nairaland
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by emmatok(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2012
Rad1cal:

The rantings of an ant named MUMUNI . you obviously have not heard that in the SE and the SS with reference to Cross River State. there was no hullabaloo of protests

Permit me to ask you where do you reside. you come off as an apparent ignorant dude. thinking where you reside denotes Nigeria

International flights took off yesterday in Lagos and today, wetin you vomit sef 

Jokers of nairaland

Mr MUNTULA,

What airports are you talking about.

Lagos ports, airlines, lose billions to strike

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/32729-lagos-ports-airlines-lose-billions-to-strike.html.

You keep talking about SS and SE, how many banks are opened for business.

My folks are still at Enugu due to grounded flights.

Keep your lies to your self.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Enice(m): 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2012
These silly Azzes think that by putting Nigerians in pains then the stu.pid strike is a success. Do you think the Government would bulge? So long as oil is flowing, una dey waste una time. Soon una go dey beg make them pay una salary
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 1:54am On Jan 12, 2012
http://cutting-edge-view..com/2012/01/how-to-loot-from-top2012-budget.html

Read this and make up your own mind.

Subsidy removal without curing wastsge will still lead us back to penury!

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OneNaira6: 3:48am On Jan 12, 2012
Its a fail.

It should have impacted Nigeria by now but nothing is happening.

The rest of world barely pay attention to it.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
http://cutting-edge-view..com/2012/01/no-magic-wand.html
How about a plan to solve this wahala!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 12:42am On Jan 17, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by canuck(m): 4:24am On Jan 17, 2012
IMHO, protest was a BIG success because:

1) It put GEJ's govt on notice that it can no longer hide behind a finger like past corrupt and inept govts;

2) Common men and women panicked the C-in-C and his cohorts - NOI was visibly shaken in a Channels interview on Monday (Soldiers unleashed on defenseless civilians is the panick barometer);

3) It is far easier to mobilize the masses from now on, if govt walks all over them again - Trust me, GEJ will avoid a re-run of the past week at all cost;

4) A 49% increase in pump price today is a far cry from the hellish 117% hike imposed on Jan 1;

5) The masses have tasted blood; artisans, journeymen, labourers, etc are pulling out calculators to analyze Nigeria's budget and question the "high cost of governance" - That has NEVER happened in the history of Nigeria;

6) It's been irrevocably proven that the Nigeria people ruled by Tafawa Balewa, Ironsi, Gowon,, and even OBJ, are not the same Nigeria people under GEJ; we have evolved - The power of the youth (>80% of the population) combined with instant communication is massive; and

7) 1-6 above will only multiply grin

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 17, 2012
most importantly, it is an eye opener for everybody

the smiling dunce is a despot
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by 1l2x: 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2012
What failure do mean. Many Nigerians had made billions through this and would like the protest to continue Oh! you are not aware that millions of UN-employed youths are praying for such opportunities

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

“jimi Agbaje Is A Cancer In Lagos PDP.- Chief Layi Ogunbambi / Ohanaeze To Miyetti Allah: Enlist Your Members In Military To Fight Insurgency / Dogara Not Our Member, APC Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.