Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21404 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by emiye(m): 5:49am On Jan 10, 2012
A sure success it has been so far!

Govt. can not continue to lie on a virtual cabal stealing the money.

So if i as a oil marketer import N141 worth of petrol to Nigeria, and Government compels me to sell at N65 to Nigerians, and then pay me the differentials of N76. TELL ME WHAT BAD I HAVE DONE?.

The cabals are doing a legitimate business. !

Nigeria is part of a similar cabal in OPEC . We fix the price of crude oil.

DON'T BE DECEIVED NIGERIANS?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Beaf: 6:00am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by AmAlone: 6:09am On Jan 10, 2012
THANK GOD
SECOND DAY
HAS ARRIVE!!!!

Now I know The Lord
Can See Us In The Deep
Dark Cloud Of This Project(when no sunshine). . .
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Beaf: 6:13am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by AmAlone: 6:17am On Jan 10, 2012
cool cool cool cool cool

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by guttentag(m): 6:18am On Jan 10, 2012
my suggestion is that Banks and treasure houses should be burnt down then those with millions upon billions in there account will provoke since they have nothing to demo with again then i believe they will join the protest for the betterment of this great Nation, those pple that are not supporting this revolution should also be target for termination cuz na dem be the bad belle wen dey side GEJ and The cunt Ngozi
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by AmAlone: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2012
great minds think alike^^^^

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by mastro: 7:24am On Jan 10, 2012
It depends,

IF you are a paid lackey of the govt who does nothing other than make noise in Nairaland then FAILURE

IF on the other hand you actually left your Face-me-I-face-you room to walk the street of our nation then, MASSIVE MASSIVE [size=14pt]SUCCESS[/size], as the country was effectively shutdown.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 10, 2012
It is only BIG FOOLS that will say the strike is not a massive success. This is a strike in which 99% of Nigerians complied - either protest or stay at home. I believe that the few enemies of Nigeria's progress (Beaf, PointB, etc) in this forum are just creating multiple usernames to appear as if they are popular. I wonder why these traitors and sycophants are so deep in their art of deceit and foolishness. In retrospect, any sane person knows that this remains the most successful strike since 1999.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2012
@topic starter, your brain is underneath ur shoes, protest continues,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by tunesoft(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2012
Tis was a big success, na una wey just dey una room dey post for nairaland, twitter, FB no know werrin dey hapen.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by igbonla(m): 7:52am On Jan 10, 2012
Leaving out any propaganda, the strike was a success if viewed from how it impacted business. I believe all the international flights were cancelled, that's bad enough.

I really pray for GEJ to succeed but he is mismanaging this program, the protest is going beyond subsidy now with people focusing on the cost of governance and corruption.

Waiting to see how this will end.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Finland(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2012
I still don't know why Beaf and co. chose to believe this present government. If the Government wants trust then they should earn it. They should take off parts of the subsidy and do something with it to wow Nigerians, then nobody will protest when they take all. All the ones obasanjo took off years ago went on power project($16 billions). Please what was the outcome? We have given our trust to the government in the past and they have failed us. . . .What is the government doing with Billions of dollars earned from petroleum exports? NOTHING! would subsidy money make a difference? I think you guys should have your head examined.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by lobenke: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2012
@alj harem

NLC will be regretting now!

NLC must apologize to Nigerians

Fresh Air

You are very STUPID
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2012
mastro:

It depends,

IF you are a paid lackey of the govt who does nothing other than make noise in Nairaland then FAILURE

IF on the other hand you actually left your Face-me-I-face-you room to walk the street of our nation then, MASSIVE MASSIVE [size=14pt]SUCCESS[/size], as the country was effectively shutdown.

Gbam.

The statement above just summarized everything and this thread should be closed.

Admin please close this useless thread
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Beaf: 8:16am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by fuke(m): 8:18am On Jan 10, 2012
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]In fact, it's not only a failure but a complete flop.

I just can't understand why we Nigerians, think the way we do?

What makes us believe that President Goodluck Jonathan would right the wrong of the hopeless past Presidents and Military juntas of the past 40+ years, in just one term in Office is, beyond me - absolutely bonkers!

Nigerians, please be patient and support the government in their struggle to rebuild the nation. It will soon gel out together for una.

The level of suffering everyone is going through at the moment - goes to show how deep and longer term, the  damage caused by previous leaders to this country, had been.  Soon, you all will be thanking and praising the President and his team for the good work they'd done in restoring our country and History, will mark it!

So, my people bear it with fortitude - it will all turn out alright!
[/size]

Huge Success man or you were in the cafe.

This man cannot fix anything, perhaps something with P----------ce.

He is not sincere. Were he prepared to fix anything he would not
have put he cart before the horse.

#1Billion for feeding and a salary 5times that of UK Prime minister
does not sound like a serious man.

He budgeted #283B for health for 160million people and
#1.5Billion of it for Aso Rock alone. A clown.

You and Beaf should stop deluding yourselves. Even if he
succeeds to push this one down our throat, the uprising will
erupt again  one day.

Jonathan is sitting on a grenade with a faulty pin. He has
touched the tail of the cobra and strike the cobra must.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by karpentar: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2012
It's a total failure. Corrupt NLC and TUC leaders should get ready to refund the bribe money they collected from N1.3trillion strong corrupt marketers.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by vanunu: 8:25am On Jan 10, 2012
Have Nigerians bothered to ask themselves why NLC and TUC did not protest when the pump prce of diesel was increased many years ago, despite the cry by industrialists, heavy-duty truck owners and luxury bus drivers. Do you people know that many luxury bus companies have collapsed because they could not compete with small buses (Hummer buses) using same for long distance travel.

The NLC and TUC are part of the corrupt system, are some of them not the Nigerian civil servants that we know today, are they not corrupt? They should shut up. Why is it that all these while they have not spoken against corruption and the perennial killing of Igbos and other Nigerians
in the Northern part of the country. Are they not part of the Ghana-must -go syndrome.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 8:26am On Jan 10, 2012
@Beaf,Leomax and friends who cant see beyond their nose

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Anybaba: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2012
Today's protest by children of oil marketers will earn them F11 grade. FAIL ! FAIL !! FAIL !!! FAIL !!!!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Btruth: 8:48am On Jan 10, 2012
5 billion naira for the new office of the first lady? Someone that cannot even use the bottom of the bottle to write "O".lol lol. Leomax & co, did you read that? You guys are indeed blind & brainless. How many more porridge do you guys need to eat to realize that you've sold your birth right & that of your children. Imbeciles.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 8:58am On Jan 10, 2012
Btruth:

5 billion naira for the new office of the first lady? Someone that cannot even use the bottom of the bottle to write "O".lol lol. Leomax & co, did you read that? You guys are indeed blind & brainless. How many more porridge do you guys need to eat to realize that you've sold your birth right & that of your children. Imbeciles.

Beaf,Leomax and friends will never see the above.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by factsman: 9:00am On Jan 10, 2012
Some anti progressive elements are saying the strike/protest is a failure. You are all failures and you have failed. What happened yesterday witnessed an unprecedented turn-out. The result is physical and not metaphysical, what are the children of the oil thieves called cabal and corrupt government officials talking about.
Your parent, uncles and relatives looted our national treasure for you to amass wealth that will not last you your lifetime. The hot anger of the Lord will visit all those that are causing the citizens of this country to suffer untold hardship and undue affliction.
To those that sacrifice everything yesterday, please lets come out today, victory is at hand. We will not be weary until the corrupt, clueless and visionless government is pulled down. ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA ASCERTA. Regrads
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 10:18am On Jan 10, 2012

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by whitehawk(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2012
Protests about Fuel Subsidy Removal (FSR). Success or Failure ?

Success or Failure depends on who and where.

On another thread in this forum.
a) The South East were apprently not interested in the protest.
b) Neither is the North Central except maybe Kwara State.
c) North east has BH to worry about and not FSR.
d) South West (Lagos) and North West (Kano) have been the relatively most active. even then it has not been the tsunami that was feared.

This is about FIGHTING CORRUPTION. The Budget (Federal, State, Local) is the MASTER DOCUMENT for government's revenu and exependiture.
That is the INSTRUMENT that is used to tackle corruption AT SOURCE not the after-the-act EFFC and the Judiciary where members of the NBA make tgheir money.

GEJ should NOT REVERSE the fuel subsidy.

Consumption should NOT be subsidized.

In fact he has other SUBSIDIES to REMOVE ( PHCN, Agriculture, Road/Railroads).

GEJ has started very well. He REPEALED THE OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT in 2010. That little know decree was the basis of Nigeria's corruption.

Since time lost until year, under the Official Secrets Act, it ILLEGAL punishable by IMPRISONMENT for anyone to ask for or to Disclose the DETAILS of ANY GOVERNMENT BUDGET !!!!.

YES !!

By repealing the relevant parts of the Official Secrets Act, you and I can now ask for the full details of all government budgets ( Federal, State and Local). We should COMMEND GEJ !!!.

But under military rule every 1st of January, the National Budget was read to the solemn national anthem. The leaders the proceeded to spend the money as they wished.

Recall also that in 1999 that it was AFTER OBJ was sworn in as President that Gen. Abubakar gave OBJ the 1999 Constitution. Since then we have been operating a democracy with a MILITARY mindset. Every "leader" is a "commmander". Speaker Bankole locked out the ELECTED members ofHouse of Rep memebers who accus him of corruption and demanded an apology before he would PERMIT them to return.

Because of the immunity and impunity, Corruption became endemic.

With our access to the details of government budgets, we can see the bloat in goverment expenditure.

The Government should be RESPONSIBLE for housing or feeding ministers, government executives or legislatures.

The NLC, the NBA and the House of Representatives are NOT ANGELS at all.

When Sanusi Lamido revealed that 25% of the National Budget was spent on the National Assembly no one supported him. Not the clergy, the NBA or the NLC. Shortly thereafter the former Speaker of the House of Reps was arrested for borrowing from the banks and spending 40 BILLION NAIRA in additon to what was budgeted for. Sanusi fought a lone fight. He was disparaged by the House of Reps. The NBA, the NLC, Pastor Bakare and Mallam Rufai did not come to fight corruption.

The fuel subsidy has to be removed because it is the sure way to stop the Corruption in that business. The fight against Corruption must BE INSITUTIONAL AND PROCESS BASED. The EFCC and the Judiaciary have not been effective becasue that approach is based on the PERSONALITY of the EFCC Chairman of a particular judge.

Please read Sanusi Lamido's details of how the Fuel Subsidy FRAUD is perpetrated by excutives of the petrol industry, Nigerian Customs, oil industry regulators etc. This will give an idea of the vast scope and depth of the FRAUD.

Also please remember that NLC is not necessarily fighting for the masses. It has never called a stricke over food or agriculture (becauuse the unons from that sector is not a major contibutor to NLC's finances) nor over Corruption. Never. The NLC strikes only for Oil sectore, PHCN and the Old Nitel.
President Obasanjo sold the refineries to the private sector. The same NLC resisted and got President YarAdua to make a political decision to reverse the sale. Recently GEJ approved that the salaries of PHCN workers should be tripled to secure their support for the power sector reforms but requested that each PHCN staff should be verified by biometric. The NLC and PHCN union accepted the pay increase but went on strike over the biometric testing. But the government knows that without biomentric testing the slary increase will become another bottomless opportunity to STEAL money. For you dear reader, PHCN/NLC have refused to continue with the Pay-As-Use electronic meter because it closes a major opportunity for PHCN to steal your money through their spurious bills.

The FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IS NOT EASY AND IS NOT PAIN LESS.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by AmAlone: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2012
The Only Thing On My Mind Now Is Who's Gonna Run This Govt. Down. . . .

Heyyy(x17)
We gonn run this gov down. . . .

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by gentlegg(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2012
whitehawk:

Protests about Fuel Subsidy Removal (FSR). Success or Failure ?

Success or Failure depends on who and where.

On another thread in this forum.
a) The South East were apprently not interested in the protest.
b) Neither is the North Central except maybe Kwara State.
c) North east has BH to worry about and not FSR.
d) South West (Lagos) and North West (Kano) have been the relatively most active. even then it has not been the tsunami that was feared.

This is about FIGHTING CORRUPTION.
   The Budget (Federal, State, Local) is the MASTER DOCUMENT for government's revenu and exependiture.
That is the INSTRUMENT that is used to tackle corruption AT SOURCE not the after-the-act EFFC and the Judiciary where members of the NBA make tgheir money.

GEJ should NOT REVERSE the fuel subsidy.

Consumption should NOT be subsidized.

In fact he has other SUBSIDIES to REMOVE ( PHCN, Agriculture, Road/Railroads).

Please can you remind me the official pump price of fuel when Yaradua died? Can you remind me the official pump price of fuel since Jonathan assume office and since his election? Why does he suddenly remember the actual price a litre of fuel should be to avoid imminent economy collapse? Some Nigerians brain are like Flash disk without memory capacity inside.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by londoner: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2012
It is too early to call it a success or failure.

What were the objectives of the protests? Have these objectives been met yet?

Was the point of the protest to get businesses closed down and people away from work? If so then for the most part it was a success.

Was the point/objective of the protest to get the price back down or drastically curtail a corrupt system, then it has not yet been successful.

Its quite worrying that people are evaluating it so early, this was only the first turn of the screw. It has to be sustained to the point of achievement.

Something tells me that people may not be in it for the long haul and those leading it maybe have no clear SPECIFIC objective or direction.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by methodman(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2012
Its a total Failure. Its more like a campaign dan a protest. I don't like Tunde Bakare. I believe he's a pretender. He has a hidden agenda. No offence.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by AmAlone: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
WOW TODAYS PROTEST STARTED @ THE PEAK OF SUCCESS!!!
THE SKY IS NOT OUR LIMIT!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Elections!!! Two Men Divorce Wives For Voting For Apc / Tinubu’s Title As APC Leader Now A Nickname – Okorie / Abaribe's Decision To Join Abia Governorship Race Disappointing — Mkpa Oju Uka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.