Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21406 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by dustydee: 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
Lasinoh:

I believe I already replied you here. kiss

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837838.0.html

You dunno 'God is efrywhia'? wink wink wink
So are my OmoseXXXXylicious eyes. kiss
I still kick arzzzzes till they DISAPPEAR. cool

COOL. I like your demeanor. . . . . well atimes. undecided
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
The protest was a grand excitement today and by tomorrow it will be more exciting buh when the ATMs dry up, who will feel the blunt ?  The 3rd day will be tiring and the 4th day,When the cars dont move around and hunger sets in; The poor urchins who had no much cash will turn against the NLC and want to get back to work. Indeed the whole world reported with awe on how cheap the PMS has been. Again, its a destined Failure.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DerMeister: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
All the people sayin d strike was a failure are so busy struggling to s.u.c.k. GEJ's d.i.c.k. that they don't see what's really happening!!! I'm sure labour will succeed in the end!!!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Barton(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
Tryin to talk to people lyk dis is a total waste of tym, they can never see d light coz they r blindfolded by their current wealth, may ur money Neva finish, (ASSOCIATION OF FOOLS IN SUPPORT OF GEJ) no one said subsidy removal waz a bad idea but our so called president took d wrong approach. I just pray dis doesn't lead to a civil war. Y'all can't deny dat MR PRESIDENT LIED TO US ALL, PLS DNT BE IGNORANT, if he can lie about d date of subsidy removal, I wonder what happens next, #PEACE
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by saintohia: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
Quote 4m Al Harem
How would you know it is a failure, did you experience the strike ?

I though the SE never went on strike thus we don't expect you people to feel it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

Λ Λ Λ

I think SE ppl are still evaluating the situation, b/c of the way cookie crumbles[b][/b]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Serendipity: 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
Those pontificating that it was a failure are nothing but paid and boot licking GEJ supporters.
With solidarity we will succeed.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Serendipity: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
Those pontificating that it was a failure are nothing but paid and boot licking GEJ supporters.
With solidarity we will succeed.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by vanstanzy(m): 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
grin grin ;DGUYZ AN ADAGE GOES THUS: NOONE TELLS A BLIND MAN THAT THERE'S WAR AROUND HIM. FOR THE PEOPLE CALLING IT A FAILURE, JUST SIT TIGHT IN UR HOUSES AND WE'LL LOCK U DOWN.
@BEAF, AM SUPRISED AT U TOO. shocked
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
@beaf&the gang  console yourself with whatever makes u sleep well at night.
Its d main news on aljazera and bbc.
Words like 'how does the govt expect d nigerian people to cope' were stated and i was suprised because even the bbc presenter seemed baffled'
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by johnson11(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
grin
smile11s:

Pastor Tunde Bakare asked protesters to sleep on the grass at Gani Fawehinmi Park for "as many days as possible." And then he went home. Lolzzz! He went to occupy his bed.

foo.lish people

Laugh want kill me die, what an irony of 9ija
Occupy till i come so said our pastor smiley
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Anybaba: 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
CAPITAL F10, see them fighting to sustain corruption ! Shame of all you who are disturbing public peace over a sound economic issue.  Epic failure ! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Kay1kay1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
alj harem:

You see, you don't even know what the protest was about and you are here calling it a failure and shouting fresh air

bigotry is really killing Nigeria

Ok explain how 200 billion from yaradua subsidy jumped to 1.3 trillion during GEJ ?

ECOWAS fuel subsidy. cheesy

It is a success despite court order . . . blood shed will not be in vain.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
saintohia:

I think SE ppl are still evaluating the situation,  b/c of the way cookie crumbles[b][/b]

Yeah yeah

when the governors said NLC should not protest in their states.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

[size=33pt]FAIL! FAILURE![/size]

@beaf
not surprise at ur comment
Remii:

The whole country is grounded yet some die hard govt supporters are writing here that this is a failure grin, let's wait for more days before you can conclude.  As for today, it is huge success.
smile11s:

Yes o my brother

It is a big fail

The whole world don't even report it

Cuz they know what GEJ is doing is right

Is just that Nigerians can be an arrse sometimes
afrobaby:

who are dese mumu saying rubbish, who says its a failure, then , u must either be blind or dont know what a protest is, we dont need the whole world to report it cos badluck didnt tell us the subsidy was removed via d whole world, if it is only nigera stations that are showing it, we are ok. ode oshi
otokx:

spectacular success, BBC, Aljazeera, AIT, silverbird to mention a few stations carried live protest feeds. Tommorrow we match again until the walls of Jericho fall down flat.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Sidajili: 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
Several compounding issues happening at same time will make the strike ineffective. It will soon be a case of divide and conquer unless Nigerians forget the BH, Insecurity, Religious issues and unite to OccupyNigeria. Day 1 of the strike and Northerners were attacked in Benin in retaliation. Day 2, probably Kano, Kaduna etc will retaliate again. How can you fight the govt over fuel subsidy with multiple issues like this? It will soon be a case of every Nigerian looking at his/her back suspecting harm from the next neighbor and not from the govt. The insecurity problem is a big issue, unfortunately.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by slam7000(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
its very dissappointing coal city and rest of south east didnt come out.tomorrow they,ll expect the whole nigerians to come en mass,condemn or protest against boko haram when the  bombs start exploding up north, this protest isnt just about petrol subsidy,its also about corruption, insecurity and govts insensitivity and nonchalance to peoples plights.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by ume(m): 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
By coming out massively to protest against dis great evil done to nigerian by our most trusted gej,it shows dat nigerians are now wiser,but who de gods want to kil de first make deaf & den blind,as for gej de bell is tolling,i say nomore
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
only b a s t a r d s and enemies of nigeria and the future of our children called this a failure. please note the protest will continue fools.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
slam7000:

its very dissappointing coal city and rest of south east didnt come out.tomorrow they,ll expect the whole nigerians to come en mass,condemn or protest against boko haram when the  bombs start exploding up north, this protest isnt just about petrol subsidy,its also about corruption, insecurity and govts insensitivity and nonchalance to peoples plights.

hear hear

Nigerians are watching
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muyoto: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
those who [i]want [/i]to see it as a failure will always see it as a failure.

the more conscientious among us know it was a success.  

a resounding one? perhaps not.

however, there's no denying the fact we have made impact.

occupy Nigeria
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Obiagu1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
alj harem:

How would you know it is a failure, did you experience the strike ?

I though the SE never went on strike thus we don't expect you people to feel it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

hahaha, enemy of progress
You rather call yourself an enemy of progress because you simply want your "lovely" country to remain backward like it has been for 51 years.

Change is not in your dictionary.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by tunnytox(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
There's nothing wrong with a peaceful protest however, the national strike declared by the NLC is illegal as there is no labour dispute. Strike could only be declared and become legal if there's a labour dispute.
Having said that i believe nigerians are within their right to demand for the reinstatement of this subsidy however attractive the govt makes it look because Nigerians cannot simply trust the government. In an ideal situation there should be no subsidy on fuel, what the govt need to do is to provide a program that will enable Nigerians who are on low income or unemployment to access some form of benefits unfortunately there is no way this can be done in Nigeria hence the need for the subsidy to continue.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by guonno: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
I distribute goods from state to state, so i was opportune to see what the protest was like in most state. In warri, some hoodlum went about forcing and begging people to protest, they failed though. In the east, trading went on well. A friend in ph said nothing serious happened in port, that hoodlums were moving about looking for hoom to use them for protest. THE PROTEST IS A BIG FAILURE. It is only in some part of the north that people turned out for two reasons, 1.illiteracy, 2.beaf for GEJ. Am seriously enjoying the strike, by friday, i will buy enough food stuff in preparation for another faliure called protest. So am going to do dstv till friday?

[center]Yihaaaa!!![/center]
[center] [/center]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Enice(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Day one of the protest has been a total failure. When their so called headquarters (Lagos) could not muster a crowd even as much as a Buhari campaign rally, for an issue regarded as national, that cuts across tribe, religion, party affiliation, age etc. what they are now doing is cajoling people to support them (na by force?). I see them fizzling out latest Thursday.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by jascon1(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
@ Lasinoh, u must be very stupeed for making sucha nasteey comment about ppl seeking a better life for emselves. this is nairaland and if u mean u love america that much then stick to american forums than exposing how jobless u are prying into naira matters, we r nigerians n proud to be,
i am fully behind the issue of subsidy removal, but the timing is wrong, GEJ should reverts it till later in the year, there are much more pressing issues than suvsidy removal, i feel today was a gain, if GEJ has the interest of 9ja at heart then he better listened to the voice of the crying/dying masses, at least later in june we can talk this again, since all flights are grounded as well, foreigners will send the message to cnn for us, we are fighting for ourselves and not for CNN or BBC. lets come out en masse and fortify our voice as one in this fight for our future,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nchara: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
Wow!!!!

So this is how Gbawe and the gang of ACN and Buhari thugs wasted their time?
You must return all the bribe money you chop  and failed to deliver!!!!

Fashola and Tinubu has finished all your money, increased fees 1000% and toll-gated everywhere, yet una no bring down Lagos
Una wan come bring down Nigeria? You think Nigeria begins and ends in Lagos, abi? olodo rabata
Even when a drop of oil is not produced in that your [b]useless zone ([/b]save for Ondo, which is more of an Edo territorygrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Losers, gbogbo yin.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
next thing beaf go talk say bbc na boko haram
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by onatisi(m): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
Not everyone that operates a computer is intelligent if not so how can some one say that shutting down a nation for 24hours has no effect on the goverment . Well maybe he has some rice and beans is his store plus garri lets see what he will saying by friday
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by vedaxcool(m): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
the protest is a success, whether we achieve our demands or not, Nigerians have entered a new era wherein we can join hands and fight against a common enemy and a complicated failure called GEJ, the killings by the security forces are tactics used by the govt to intimidate the masses
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
Obiagu1:

hahaha, enemy of progress
You rather call yourself an enemy of progress because you simply want your "lovely" country to remain backward like it has been for 51 years.

Change is not in your dictionary.

YOU SIR don't want change for this country that is why YOU SIR use ethnic bigotry and TRIBALSIM to cloud ur thinking.
When you do the same thing for 51 year and still has no result, DO YOU THINK ALL OF A Sudden the result would come out ?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by member479760: 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
The protest was a failure that is why foreign investor trooping in their thousand to invest in Nigeria economy.

Your southern BEJ president is using the security agents to kill you openly you singing and dancing your best music - Foolish negas!

Ya'adua paid 200 bil subsidy/per, the following year your foolish president paid 1.3 tri and you don't ask yourself why so big difference?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing, etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fayose Behind Fuel Scarcity, APC Alleges / Accommodation Crisis Hits Buhari’s Ministers / Sheriff, Kashamu Want El-Rufai-Amaechi Ticket By Killing PDP - NYM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.