Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21409 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 10, 2012
na_joke:

another good example of dis guys not seeing beyond thier nose,very myopic in thier thinking
me, surprise? not at all,knew all along.

Anyways,mr perfect u can't spell LovePeddler and u want correct anoda person
[size=15pt]
You new name will be "Impentinyork"[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Akintola11(m): 12:22am On Jan 10, 2012
BIG FAILURE!!

A good article on the state of the nation!!

www.cutting-edge-view..com/2012/01/oily-affairs-of-profligate-nation.html?m=1
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Btruth: 12:24am On Jan 10, 2012
To the likes of Beaf, Leomax, smile11s, sorry, other positive nairalanders did not realize that you guys are morons, parasites & dummies. I wonder what we should expects from silly guys like you that has been paid probably N1500 a day to sit on the computers and type. Bloody Judas that's what you guys are.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 12:26am On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax:

See this new Bee. You just made your first post on Nairaland and you started cursing ? Who told you about Nairaland ? Little Pork[/b][/size][/color]

again,need i remind u of how shallow ur thinkn faculty is,so because his 1st post no surpport ur cause na to abuse am

bros, grow up.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 10, 2012
Btruth:

To the likes of Beaf, Leomax, smile11s, sorry, other positive nairalanders did not realize that you guys are morons, parasites & dummies. I wonder what we should expects from silly guys like you that has been paid probably N1500 a day to sit on the computers and type. Bloody Judas that's what you guys are.

[size=15pt][b]YOU BE MUMU, No offenceeee[/size][/b]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-UXLFiy48dsc/Twb2LQZib-I/AAAAAAAAABo/IkZZxmmhAL0/s280/time-for-change-claock.jpg[/img]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 10, 2012
na_joke:

again,need i remind u of how shallow your thinkn faculty is,so because his 1st post no surpport your cause na to abuse am

bros, grow up.
Whats your own Oga. Respect your Age
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by ade80: 12:37am On Jan 10, 2012
A lot of people don't realize the enormity of the issues on ground.
The rich can afford to buy at 200, they won't feel it much.
The middle class might have to cut down on expenses and stay in darkness to cut down fuel costs
Business owners will increase their prices and pass the cost to consumers
The people really affected here are the low income earners.
Imagine a driver earning 30,000 with a family, things were tough before now, things will be impossible.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Esinwaju: 12:38am On Jan 10, 2012
Those of you saying that the protests were a failure are autistic pieces of shit who are dead to reality.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Anybaba: 12:51am On Jan 10, 2012
Monday was F10, Tuesday will be F11. FAAIILLLL ! Yeye stupid protesters defending corruption ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Esinwaju: 1:01am On Jan 10, 2012
Anybaba:

Monday was F10, Tuesday will be F11. FAAIILLLL ! Yeye silly protesters defending corruption ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
If delusion were a mountain, you are right at the peak of it.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Esinwaju: 1:01am On Jan 10, 2012
Anybaba:

Monday was F10, Tuesday will be F11. FAAIILLLL ! Yeye silly protesters defending corruption ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Anybaba: 1:20am On Jan 10, 2012
Esin waju:

Your score card today will read F 11. You all are failure personified; for refusing to use your brains to think but prefer running amok on the streets and shirtless all in the name of corruption.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by sholatech(m): 1:29am On Jan 10, 2012
Wait till you hear Government reel out economic losses each day the strike continues then you know it was huge success. Banks, airlines, ports all shut down and yet not a success?all courts closed with NBA joining the strike?Most cities had economic activities shut down(even those cities that didn't witness protest like Port Harcourt, Jos, Enugu, Yenagoa) still couldn't witness economic activities as all were grounded. Billions of Naira losses each day and yet you say its failure?How much Crude Oil do we make per day in Naija and their economic worth on daily basis?How much customs collect as revenue for FG on daily basis?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Esinwaju: 1:30am On Jan 10, 2012
Anybaba:

Your score card today will read F 11. You all are failure personified; for refusing to use your brains to think but prefer running amok on the streets and shirtless all in the name of corruption.
by the time the economy grounded to a halt and your clueless GEJ comes begging for dialogue with his tail hidden between his legs, you will eat your own words like which by then would be like a maggot infested pot of ogbono soup.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:33am On Jan 10, 2012
i find it rather intriguing that most of the people calling it a failure are  posting it several times. doesn't that  smack of work that has been paid for? the people saying it is a success post once and move on to other things. that shows they have real lives and are voicing their true opinions; not what they were paid to post!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 10, 2012
at ade_77 "A lot of people don't realize the enormity of the issues on ground.
The rich can afford to buy at 200, they won't feel it much.
The middle class might have to cut down on expenses and stay in darkness to cut down fuel costs
Business owners will increase their prices and pass the cost to consumers
The people really affected here are the low income earners.
Imagine a driver earning 30,000 with a family, things were tough before now, things will be impossible."

Your opinions should always be balanced my bro. how about what will happen to these businessmen and the poor when subsidy in the long run crashes the economy? Abi you want a Nigerian version of the past zimbabwe?  undecided food for thought. i understand your point o but that is not all there is to subsidy and its removal.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DemoOmooba: 1:48am On Jan 10, 2012
http://cutting-edge-view..com/2012/01/what-has-been-achieved-by-mass-action.html

We achieved a few things today. We will continue tomorrow!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Theblessed(f): 1:51am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=16pt]In fact, it's not only a failure but a complete flop.

I just can't understand why we Nigerians, think the way we do?

What makes us believe that President Goodluck Jonathan would right the wrong of the hopeless past Presidents and Military juntas of the past 40+ years, in just one term in Office is, beyond me - absolutely bonkers!

Nigerians, please be patient and support the government in their struggle to rebuild the nation. It will soon gel out together for una.

The level of suffering everyone is going through at the moment - goes to show how deep and longer term, the  damage caused by previous leaders to this country, had been.  Soon, you all will be thanking and praising the President and his team for the good work they'd done in restoring our country and History, will mark it!

So, my people bear it with fortitude - it will all turn out alright!
[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by nsiadi: 1:55am On Jan 10, 2012
some people are so silly they cant distinguish success from failure
If inflicting further hardship on masses is considered a success I beg to differ
Preventing non government workers from earning their living is callous
As long as we continue to have electricity the labour can dieame
The sponsors of the strike may continue yo enjoy their loot but God has the final say.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by ebosed: 1:55am On Jan 10, 2012
Maybe They should explain to us why its difficult to learn from better countries like Venezuela where fuel is sold for less than N5 per litre, an oil producing nation like Nigeria whose citizens love their President despite he being despised and hated by the western world. Okonjo Iweala should put the interest of the citizens ahead of world bank please.

THERE are similarities between Venezuela and Nigeria. Both are sovereign, oil producing nations, and members of the Organisation of Oil Producing Countries (OPEC).
But that is where the similarities end. While Venezuelans are enjoying all the benefits of an oil producing country, same could not be said of Nigerians.
When Enerique Fernando Arrundell, the Venezuela Ambassador to Nigeria, paid about N12, 000 to refuel his car over two years ago, he expressed shock to Mrs. Dora Akunyili, the then Minister of Information and Communication
He said: “In Venezuela, since 1999, we’ve never had a raise in fuel price. We only pay $1.02 to fill the tank. What I pay for with N12, 000 here (Nigeria); in Venezuela I’ll pay N400. What is happening is simple. Our President (Hugo Chavez) decided one day to control the industry, because it belongs to the Venezuelans. If you don’t control the industry, your development will be in the hands of the foreigners. You have to have your own country. The oil is yours. Sorry I am telling you this. I am giving you the experience of Venezuela. We have 12 refineries in the United States, 18,000 gas stations in the West Coast. All we are doing is in the hands of the Venezuelans. Before 1999, we had three or four foreign companies working with us. That time they were taking 80 per cent, and giving us 20. Now, we have 90 per cent, and giving them 10 per cent. But now, we have 22 countries working with us in that condition.
“It is the Venezuelan condition. You know why? It is because 60 per cent of the income goes to social programmes. That’s why we have 22,000 medical doctors assisting the people in the community. The people don’t go to the hospital; doctors go to their houses. This is because the money is handled by the Venezuelans. How come Nigeria that has more technical manpower than Venezuela, with 150 million people, and very intellectual people all around, not been able to get it right?
“The question is, if you are not handling your resources, how are you going to handle the country? So, it is important that Nigeria takes control of its resources. We have no illiterate people. We have over 17 new universities totally free. I graduated from the university without paying one cent and take three meals every day, because we have the resources. We want the resources of the Nigerian people for the Nigerians. ”
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by sholatech(m): 1:59am On Jan 10, 2012
‎​♓♏♏♏♏♏, A poster here says the President cannot solve problem caused by over 40years failure by past Government? Is that not what we hear from every 'new' president?
Also, by their fruits we shall know them. Since he came to power, have we not seen some excesses increasing?or where have they increased? Excess Crude Oil funds almost wiped out, Foreign Reserves at all-time low. Fuel subsidies have balooned from 600billion naira to 1.3trn naira? Money laundering has now reached 1.7trn naira in the past 12months. President acquiring new plan for 23b when existing ones still functional and First Lady recently got her office building ready and furnished for 5billion naira, are those signs that things are about to change for Good so we relax and wait for Manna?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OK2NV: 1:59am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=25pt]Before the week runs out they will be looting and r@ping women in the southwest, burning and hacking christians in the north.

Then we shall know what you mean by ''success'' .
[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Anybaba: 2:09am On Jan 10, 2012
FAIL ! ZERO OUT OF TEN. Fools can never use their brains.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by oiseworld: 2:12am On Jan 10, 2012
overer 5 people have died in this protest.

i saw so much confusion on the face of the NLC President on AIT tonight.

the sanate would be meeting latter today, and guss wat? subsidy is not their priority, instead they insist on focusing on security .

and you call your blood sucking protest a success.

poor una.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by marco74(m): 2:13am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by xwolverine: 2:22am On Jan 10, 2012
It is a failure and the Minister for finance is frantically looking for an opportunity to speak on TV, the same goes for minister of petroleum. There is nothing as devastating as bad publicity, if its for the sensitisation of the people, its worth it, because one thing i want you to know is that, Nigerians will forgive, but they will never forget.
2015 is very close and the present situation might be the decider.

For those saying its a failure, we shall see by the end of the week.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by deandavid(m): 2:36am On Jan 10, 2012
sometimes i feel ashame to associate myself with d nigerdelta, they r so foolish, they always sell their future 4 2day little gains, y cnt d govt make sacrifices 1st, y cnt dy fix our refineries. how can u say a govt spendin 25% of its budget on nass alone, nd renovatin a office wit millions, eatin millions worth of food daily, bein paid millions 4 goin on recess, is moving forward. D truth is many people in d niger delta especially delta state whr i cme 4rm r very corrupt nd selfish, they r still ready to vote pdp in cme 2015, look at wats happenin in delta state 2day, d gov neva won any electn, the few selfish 1s sold their generation to pdp, for mney. Notin is happenin in dat state. God go jugde all of una.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 2:42am On Jan 10, 2012
By the end of the week . .You would rush out to make ends meet after being smashed by hunger . Keep deceiving yourselves
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by DanKan0: 3:33am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by rotiler: 3:59am On Jan 10, 2012
f9 parrallel
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Obiagu1(m): 4:40am On Jan 10, 2012
My quote of the day, thanks Oxford for posting it.

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd."
Max Lucado
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by moshoodn(m): 5:40am On Jan 10, 2012
I hope this isn't 1966 all over again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu / With Love From Sambisa - By Da Boomsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.