Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? (4298 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / Thousands Of Fake Voters From South West And North Arrives Bayelsa For Election / Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Justcash(m): 4:28am On Jan 10, 2012
I don't understand why the Westerners and Northerners are laying down their lives due to the removal of fuel subsidy. Yes, there are people of other regions among the protesters, but the anger seems more intense in the West and North.
One would expect that the riots in the East would have been next to none, given that the oil is produced in that region and they should feel that they are paying too much for their God given resources. However, they are relatively calm. They have more understanding of the whole subsidy issue. Even the protests that took place in the East were subtle and less bloody.

DOES THIS PROTEST HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ETHNIC CONCENTRATION OF THE BENEFICIARIES (MARKETERS) OF THE SUBSIDY? THEY LOOK LIKE SPONSORED PROTESTS.
I am saying this because I know that Nigerians appreciate life. For them to be ready to  lay it down, something very tangible must be involved or the shooters were overzealous.

I THINK THIS IS A USELESS PROTEST BECAUSE IT IS ONLY BEING EMBARKED ON TO REVERT THE PRICES OF FUEL TO 65 NAIRA. EVERY OTHER THING WILL REMAIN THE SAME, WHICH MEANS WE WILL KEEP WALLOWING IN UNDER-DEVELOPMENT. THE PROTEST SHOULD BE ABOUT STAMPING OUT CORRUPTION AND CHANGING THE WHOLE POLITICAL ARCHITECTURE  OF NIGERIA, WHICH MEANS THE CURRENT POLITICAL SYSTEM WITH ALL THE POLITICAL PARTIES (BLOOD SUCKERS) SHOULD BE EXTERMINATED.
IF THE ABOVE IS NOT THE REASON FOR THE PROTEST, THE PROTESTERS ARE ON THEIR OWN O!
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 4:32am On Jan 10, 2012
Please, stop telling lies.
There is protest all over Nigeria. . . including outside Nigeria.
The fuel subsidy affects all Nigerians.

Move jor!
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Justcash(m): 4:36am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

Please, stop telling lies.
There is protest all over Nigeria. . . including outside Nigeria.
The fuel subsidy affects all Nigerians.

Move jor!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ALL OVER NIGERIA? I HAVE NOT HEARD OF INTENSE PROTESTS IN THE EASTERN REGION. LOOK AT SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST. CURRENTLY, I HAVE ONLY HEARD OF DEMONSTRATIONS THAT DID NOT INVOLVE LOSS OF LIVES. WHY IS IT THAT IT IS INTENSE IN THE WEST AND NORTH? I AM NOT TALKING OF FLASHPOINTS LIKE LAGOS AND ABUJA. LOOK AT ILLORIN, IBADAN, KANO ETC. THE RIOTS THERE ARE VERY BLOODY. WHY?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 4:41am On Jan 10, 2012
How many casualties have you recorded with your camera concerning these 'bloody' protests? Please show us. Even Boko Haram did better. ShiiiiiiYOOOOR!
By virtue of the fact that the West and the North are more populous than the East and the South, what do you expect? undecided
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 4:41am On Jan 10, 2012
The West and North are crude oil parasites who are afraid to be weaned of their parasitism.
God bless Ondo state for helping to lift the SW from crude oil parasitism. Ondo folks here say aye!!!!!
The North needs lifting. What will bail their cat? Groundnut?

Femi Otedola and Wale Tinubu (T[b]hief Tinubu's brother[/b]) are the sponsors of the protest in the West.
The northerners are largely malus that go where the wind blows.
Or, the NUC chairman, (what's his name again) a northerner, must have taken hefty bribe from the oil cabals and El Rufai.

I wish ACN that fakely and hypocritically prides itself as progressive will ask for resources control. That is progress, not empty rhetoric. That way, every state manages their resource and pay a fixed amount to the center. Only then will the breeze blow and chicken yanssh go open. All the Northern states and at least 4 of the 6 SW states will collapse.

We all better begin to think of diversifying the economy. That is the only way forward.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 4:45am On Jan 10, 2012
These nauseating Igbotic-MGBEKE bigots have come again.

[size=20pt]Mbah, Iheanacho and Uba are not beneficiaries of the oil subsidy?[/size] undecided

The real owners of Nigeria have always been the west and the north.

Na who chop belle-full fit protest bloodily.

South-South. . . South-East = boy-boys of Nigeria.

Nothing new to report abeg. Protest according to your 'capacity'! kiss
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Beaf: 4:46am On Jan 10, 2012
Tinubu and El Rufai are behind the protests. Tinubu interest is that he is one of the oil marketers, while El Rufai is dreaming of 2015.
These two people are Nigeria's enemies.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Justcash(m): 4:48am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

How many casualties have you recorded with your camera concerning these 'bloody' protests? Please show us. Even Boko Haram did better. ShiiiiiiYOOOOR!
By virtue of the fact that the West and the North are more populous than the East and the South, what do you expect? undecided

I am not happy that people are dying for the wrong reason. I regret the wasting of those full blooded youngmen for no good reason. If they had died for the sake of stamping out corruption or completely ensuring permanent change in political practices to activate development and progress, it would have made more sense. Those youngmen in Illorin, Lagos and Kano died just because they wanted fuel price to be changed back to 65 Naira. That is unfortunate. What will change when fuel price returns to 65 naira? Life will be good abi?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by emiye(m): 4:49am On Jan 10, 2012
Beaf:

Tinubu and El Rufai are behind the protests. Tinubu interest is that he is one of the oil marketers, while El Rufai is dreaming of 2015.
These two people are Nigeria's enemies.
You are CONFUSED !
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Justcash(m): 4:51am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

Mbah, Iheanacho and Uba are not beneficiaries of the oil subsidy?

BUT NO ONE IS DYING IN THE SS OR SE BECAUSE THE MEN YOU MENTIONED WERE AFFECTED BY THE REMOVAL OF FUEL SUBSIDY. WHY THEN ARE WESTERNERS AND NORTHERNERS DYING FOR TINUBU AND CO

FROM THE BOLDED, YOU SEEM TO BE SAYING THAT NA ONLY THE WEST AND NORTH DEY BENEFIT FROM OIL SUBSIDY? AS PER DEM CHOP BELLE FULL FROM OIL. DOES THAT EXPLAIN THE INTENSITY OF THE PROTEST IN THOSE REGIONS?

NA THE BOY-BOYS OWN ASO ROCK O! ABI ASO ROCK NA BOYS QUARTERS?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 4:51am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

[size=20pt]Mbah, Iheanacho and Uba are not beneficiaries of the oil subsidy?[/size] undecided

They are from oil producing states so they can claim (rightly or wrongly) to be taking back what belongs to them
Is Wale Tinubu or Femi from Ondo? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In any case, those are small cabals compared to Femi or Wale. Please ask Ekiti Bear to post the article he has of how much each cabal makes.
SS people are not many in the downstream sector. But they own many oil wells. It is their property. Resource control is the answer

I beg who be Mbah? I know Iheanocho and Ubah (the one who gives free kerosine to peoples of all ethnicities)
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Beaf: 4:53am On Jan 10, 2012
emiye:

You are CONFUSED !

For telling you an open secret? Is Tinubu not an oil marketer and subsidy beneficiary? Everybody knows he is bankrolling the protests along with El Rufai. Both men are using ethnic bigotry as tools to whip up sentiment. They are our enemies.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 5:10am On Jan 10, 2012
Justcash:

I am not happy that people are dying for the wrong reason. I regret the wasting of those full blooded youngmen for no good reason. If they had died for the sake of stamping out corruption or completely ensuring permanent change in political practices to activate development and progress, it would have made more sense. Those youngmen in Illorin, Lagos and Kano died just because they wanted fuel price to be changed back to 65 Naira. That is unfortunate. What will change when fuel price returns to 65 naira? Life will be good abi?

Ha! cheesy
Please, stop twisting things around. Nothing genuine about your post.
Like it or not. . . .it is gonna be bloody to get Nigeria back on track.
Going back to 65Naira a gallon in Naira is not the end of Nigeria's borrowing woes.
Good. .  . no protest in the SE. About time y'awl minded your Biafran business for a doggone change! kiss
No one to lead you to the promised land since Ojukwu is gonna be buried next month.
No leaders. . . no followers.  kiss
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 5:14am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

Ha! cheesy
Please, stop twisting things around. Nothing genuine about your post.
Like it or not. . . .it is gonna be bloody to get Nigeria back on track.
Going back to 65Naira a gallon in Naira is not the end of Nigeria's borrowing woes.
Good. .  . no protest in the SE. No one to lead you to the promised land since Ojukwu is gonna be buried next month.
No leaders. . . no followers. kiss

And who said no protest in the SE?
OP talked about intensity of, and not absence of, protest. There was protest in the SE, of course.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 5:15am On Jan 10, 2012
^^^
Ask your OP.
He wants 'bloody' protest to be meaningful in this exercize, as he/she gloats like a vulture feeding on decayed carcass in a desert without water.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by emiye(m): 5:16am On Jan 10, 2012
Beaf:

For telling you an open secret? Is Tinubu not an oil marketer and subsidy beneficiary? Everybody knows he is bankrolling the protests along with El Rufai. Both men are using ethnic bigotry as tools to whip up sentiment. They are our enemies.
   So if i as a oil marketer import N141 worth of petrol to Nigeria, and Government compels me to sell at N65 to Nigerians, and then pay me the differentials of N76.  TELL ME WHAT BAD I HAVE DONE?.

Even your Oga, GEJ admits that the so called "cabals" are doing legitimate business.

WHY ARE YOU DECEIVING SOME GULLIBLE NIGERIANS?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by emiye(m): 5:19am On Jan 10, 2012
Your boss has slashed a whooping N878,000/ annum of his salary.

N878, 000 / annum is roughly the salary of my gateman.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 5:20am On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

They are from oil producing states so they can claim (rightly or wrongly) to be taking back what belongs to them
Is Wale Tinubu or Femi from Ondo? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In any case, those are small cabals compared to Femi or Wale. Please ask Ekiti Bear to post the article he has of how much each cabal makes.
SS people are not many in the downstream sector. But they own many oil wells. It is their property. Resource control is the answer I beg who be Mbah?
I know Iheanocho and Ubah (the one who gives free kerosine to peoples of all ethnicities)

Booolsheet!
Good to know there are small cabals and big cabals.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 5:24am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

Booolsheet!
Good to know there are small cabals and big cabals.

Who is Mbah? Or are you an [b]adder [/b]of salt and pepper?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Jenifa1: 5:26am On Jan 10, 2012
westerners and northerners are more active in civic society. and more patriotic nigerian citizens
easterners don't want to do anything in the name of Nigeria. they will prefer to fight and accuse other tribes than to fight and hold the government responsible.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

Who is Mbah? Or are you an [b]adder [/b]of salt and pepper?

Peter Mbah. . . Pinnacle Oil and Gas. kiss

http://allafrica.com/stories/201112220768.html

You don't even have the list of your own 'cabal'! Yet you want resource control.

Na wah! cheesy
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2012
Jenifa_:

westerners and northerners are more active in civic society. and more patriotic nigerian citizens
easterners don't want to do anything in the name of Nigeria. they will prefer to fight and accuse other tribes than to fight and hold the government responsible.

No wonder both groups have misruled Nigeria and practically stole it blind. Useless, THIEVING groups.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Jenifa1: 5:30am On Jan 10, 2012
if you want to see igbos protesting, just burn a statue or effigy of their god Ojukwu. they will come out in droves grin
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 5:30am On Jan 10, 2012
Lasinoh:

Peter Mbah. . . Pinnacle oil and gas. kiss

Okay!! Thanks. But the fact that I do not know him (and I know many people/things wink wink) makes him a very small cabal.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 5:31am On Jan 10, 2012
Jenifa_:

if you want to see igbos protesting, just burn a statue of ojukwu. they will come out in droves grin

Didn't Yoruba kill themselves over the stupid statue of a suicidal awolowo? You no dey read paper again?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Lasinoh: 5:35am On Jan 10, 2012
Higher level skanks don enter the thread.
There is a difference between servicing a "John" behind the dumpster. . . AND INSIDE THE DUMPSTER.
I think I would rather do mine outside the dumpster.

Next thread please. kiss
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Rhino5dm: 5:41am On Jan 10, 2012
What kind of nauseating question is this?. . .*Rhino winks!

Like my suger lulu Blazay earlier said, the North and West are the owners of Nigeria.

Did i not warn stuupid Jonathan not to give West and North reasons to come together?. . .I did, for sure!. What was the replies from his arse lickers, they dare ME!

Did i not tell them the real political situation of Nigeria is more than googling wekipedia?. . .I did, for sure. [/b]They denied me and post more worthless articles to justify their stuupidity.

How can stuupid GEJ allow himself to be use to test [b]calm water with great white SHARKS?!
Oh, i forgot, he is a dimwits. . .cant think more what other halfwits pass to him. *shrugs*

*Those who can not remember their past, should be condemn to repeat it"

*Rhino seats back and watch his prophecy come to true!
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Beaf: 5:52am On Jan 10, 2012
emiye:

So if i as a oil marketer import N141 worth of petrol to Nigeria, and Government compels me to sell at N65 to Nigerians, and then pay me the differentials of N76. TELL ME WHAT BAD I HAVE DONE?.

Even your Oga, GEJ admits that the so called "cabals" are doing legitimate business.

WHY ARE YOU DECEIVING SOME GULLIBLE NIGERIANS?

It is when you start forging documents that you have done bad. It is when you have corrupted all govt organs with huge sums, turning the place into one huge forgery empire. Tinubu is well known for forgery with his various "Toronto" certificates and fake name, so whats new?

GEJ, I believe is only being diplomatic, because he is sorrounded. But he has pulled the trigger now, so lets see how far Tinubu's troops can live in the trenches.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by emiye(m): 5:55am On Jan 10, 2012
Beaf:

It is when you start forging documents that you have done bad. It is when you have corrupted all govt organs with huge sums, turning the place into one huge forgery empire. Tinubu is well known for forgery with his various "Toronto" certificates and fake name, so whats new?

GEJ, I believe is only being diplomatic, because he is sorrounded. But he has pulled the trigger now, so lets see how far Tinubu's troops can live in the trenches.

You have refused to answer the questions.

God will punish you folks deceiving some gullible nigerians.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ! This is not time for toronto poo,
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by cashmentor(m): 6:04am On Jan 10, 2012
At first i idid assume this subsidy was a great idea, before reality caught up with me! Hence, those of us supporting the removal are either- 12yr olds still being fed by their folks or not even in this country! Coz if u were, u'd see wat the people are going through day after day while d president feast on N1B just for feeding, Are u guys trying to tell me that u're smarter than the Achebe's, the kuti's, the Falana's, the NBA, and the 90% poor/average/broke/jobless/hustling/heart broken Nigerians? Tell me, this is too Big a thing for many Nigerians out there to handle, the weight is just more than they can bear, wake up people, wake up, "i had no shoe" my a.zzzzse!
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Beaf: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2012
emiye:

You have refused to answer the questions.

God will punish you folks deceiving some gullible nigerians.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ! This is not time for toronto poo,

I wish you people would be refined and polished, instead of being so hate-filled and bitter. Please face the fact that Tinubu is sponsoring the riots and driving them with ethnic bigotry, because his subsidy money is gone.
Imagine people buying fuel from our refineries, forging documents, loading it on ships and collecting subsidy money? Lol! Business don hend! grin
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by otokx(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2012
The south south is ashamed for GEJ and we own the oil not the east so get your facts right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnappers Grab Son Of Secretary To The Delta State Government / EBOLA Cure Discovered!!! / AIT Showing Election Irregularities In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.