Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? (4295 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / Thousands Of Fake Voters From South West And North Arrives Bayelsa For Election / Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
Did Nzeribe serve under IBB?

Rather Nzeribe was the one who raised the motion for a free and fair election to be cancelled.

Did Daniel kanu serve under Abacha?

Rather it was Daniel kanu who started the movement Youth earnestly ask for Abacha to make the dictator transform into Life President

We see who they are

Saboteurs, Sychophants its in their genes

Talk to elders those that are old enough to enlighten you on the role Nzeribe and Daniel Kanu played in this nations history
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Dede1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Rather Nzeribe was the one who raised the motion for a free and fair election to be cancelled.

Rather it was Daniel kanu who started the movement Youth earnestly ask for Abacha to make the dictator transform into Life President

We see who they are

Talk to elders those that are old enough to enlighten you on the role Nzeribe and Daniel Kanu played in this nations history

Are you demented? How soon could you forget your uncle, Benjamin Adekunle, fought a war in order to foist the regimes of IBB and Abacha on Nigeria, olodo?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2012
Dede1:

Are you demented? How soon could you forget your uncle, Benjamin Adekunle, fought a war in order to foist the regimes of IBB and Abacha on Nigeria, olodo?

You are definitely retardded.

benjamin Adekunle fought a war in 1968 that made Abacha and IBB become presidents 20yrs later? Are you having a laugh at your legendary stupidity?

Maybe if those uncles of yours like Ifeajuna, Nwobosi, Nzeogwu etc havent staged a coup to eliminate a civilian regime, we wouldnt have a military rule that Nzeribe and Daniel Kanu supported
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2012
Gbawe:

In the modern context circa is now commonly used to mean "in the region of" . For example, salary circa £18,000.00

No its not; wrong usage!

But, carry on, I don't want to derail.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
dayokanu:

We see who they are

Do you remember Abimbola Davies, the head of Association for Better Nigeria? Who did he serve under?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by samstradam: 12:53am On Jan 11, 2012
Nchara:

^^^^
And Awolowo (Oba of Yorubas) served under an illiterate northern officer (Gowon)
And Awolowo and the Yorubas joined the North to kill Igbos
And Bakare served Buhari
And Fola Adeola (a seasoned banker) served a mere Police Officer, Ribadu
And Dayokanu is serving me too
Your level of education is quite alarming, I mean if ever I saw a case for the reapplication of fuel subsidy funds to education, then here it is, kai!!!
SE=SS
Gowon= illiterate
SE= resource rich lol/ champion of resource control

Kai!!
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Dede1(m): 12:54am On Jan 11, 2012
dayokanu:

You are definitely retardded.

benjamin Adekunle fought a war in 1968 that made Abacha and IBB become presidents 20yrs later? Are you having a laugh at your legendary stupidity?

Maybe if those uncles of yours like Ifeajuna, Nwobosi, Nzeogwu etc havent staged a coup to eliminate a civilian regime, we wouldnt have a military rule that Nzeribe and Daniel Kanu supported

I am actually having a laugh at your incurable stupidity and zero intellect. There is no doubt history turns you into a retarded dummy. If I may recall correctly, the coup which IBB and Abacha were the principle participants was the one Ojukwu resisted which led to the civil war.

I hope your peanut brain could remember which side of the war your father, uncle, brothers, nephew and aunts fought and supported, agbaya.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nchara: 1:00am On Jan 11, 2012
samstradam:

Your level of education is quite alarming, I mean if ever I saw a case for the reapplication of fuel subsidy funds to education, then here it is, kai!!!
SE=SS
Gowon= illiterate
SE= resource rich lol/ champion of resource control

Kai!!

Hhahaha! Have fun with NL. Are you new?
But seriously, Gowon was an ignoramus when he was in charge. That was why Ojukwu manipulated him in Aburi. He only went to school after he left govt.
Yes, the SE is resource-rich, as are other Nigerian regions. Tell me where you have a problem understanding here.
What is the problem is harnessing the resources.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by samstradam: 1:15am On Jan 11, 2012
kingoflag:

No its not; wrong usage!

But, carry on, I don't want to derail.
There was little wrong with his first use and his second example is the most common way you'll find salaries expressed in the UK.

Seems teacher might need to update his textbooks.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2012
The north is bitter with gej for defeating them at the polls while the southwest always wants to show emphaty to the north whether for a good or bad reason.gej reserved the house speakership position for the sw but they lost it to the north,instead of directing their bitterness of losing the speakers seet to the north,they direct it to gej.as long as the north is bitter with gej,the sw will also be bitter with gej.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 11, 2012
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2012
Now everywhere is Bitter, north, south, east, west! So the op came on too early.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by aljharem(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2012
diluminati:

Now everywhere is Bitter, north, south, east, west! So the op came on too early.

nope the east is fine with it. Get your facts right
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 11, 2012
alj harem:

nope the east is fine with it. Get your facts right

The east is not fine with it. They are just ashamed of coming all out to protest against their installment 'ebere azikiwe'. They are bitter inside, but will they go all guns and blazing against gej, won that make them FOOLS in the eyes of nigerians?
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Jenifa1: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2012
if you want to see igbos protesting, just burn a statue or effigy of their god Ojukwu. they will come out in droves  grin

^ am I a prophet or what? Just as I predicted a few day ago.

while the rest of Nigeria is protesting against fuel subsidy removal. The igbos have decided to hold their strike protest for Ojukwu's death. 
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844646.0.html
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by OneNaira6: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2012
I read this thread and laugh wan kill me.  This is desperation I say.

---SE and SS are interchangeable. The ignorance spewed on NL na wa oh.  I'm SS Igbo do the math.
---If Igbo do not want to protest, leave them be.  The protest is wanting the same crap you've had in that country since it's independence. politicians will loot, corruption will stay the same, the same poverty ridden infested nation will remain as it is except fuel will be 65 naira; Why would anyone want to join such protest? Una getting desperate, leave them be if they do not want to join you. Na by force? Insulting people will not change their mind. They let you people be, even let the non-indigenous protesting in their region be, why not do the same?  grin grin grin grin grin grin Na by force, wetin man no go see.

^^^^@OP
The reason the protest isn't as intense in SE/SS as it is in the west and north is because SS/SE have demonstrated to themselves countless of times they can overcome whatever hardship brought onto them. The hardship Nigerians are experiencing global is something they already experienced and believe just like before, they will overcome this one as well. The few protesting are left to protest in peace because SE/SS do not like starting unnecessary drama unless provoked and the protesters haven't provoked anyone.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by T8ksy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
Dede1:

I am actually having a laugh at your incurable stupidity and zero intellect. There is no doubt history turns you into a slow dummy. If I may recall correctly, the coup which IBB and Abacha were the principle participants was the one Ojukwu resisted which led to the civil war.

I hope your peanut brain could remember which side of the war your father, uncle, brothers, nephew and aunts fought and supported, agbaya.

Prof dede, I see you don resurface again.

Am still waiting for you to provide proof of the election your slimy leader Zik won in yorubaland that led to carpet-crossing o.

And btw, we yorubas fought to stop you ibos from annexing our land to your dumb biafra. we already saw how you ibos "liberated" the mid-west

region.

You are the one with peanut brain hence your adoption of big grammars to mask your cognitive deficit.
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2012
Beaf. . . . . .stop this your hatred for anything Yoruba. Its getting out of hand. . . . .what is your problem? angry angry
Re: Why Is The Protest So Intense In The West And North? Why Are They Bitter? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
After 50 Years, we are still like this:

folks, let us go our seperate ways peacefully or do we still want another war?

Anyway, something tells me not to worry that if another war comes, it won't be fought on the igbo lands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria / Grandson Of Obafemi Awolowo, Segun Awolowo Poses With His IMV SUV In Abuja (LIB) / Huasa Police Officer Shoots Driver In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.