Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. (30836 Views)

A Man's Role in Creating A Nagging Woman / Men And Women: Please Know Your Role In Life / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 12:07am On Jan 21, 2012
Princek12:

Like I said, the so called dependent wives can contribute, and there is nothing wrong with that if the parties decide that is what they want to do.

Like I said from my post, it is a discussion about PRIMARY responsibility, not ABSOLUTE responsibility. There is a difference between both, and I have stated it. The fact that a man asks his woman to contribute does not remove it from being his PRIMARY responsibility.

Why are you repeating yourself? You are still going to get the SAME ANSWERS. In the case of the whining husbands, things WERE DISCUSSED/DECIDED but the wives didn't FOLLOW THROUGH or otherwise they wouldn't BE COMPLAINING. undecided

Like YOU SAID, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT YOUR OPINION OF PRIMARY ROLES. Some of us DISAGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.

You want to continue?
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 21, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Last time I have checked humans aren't for sale legally in the West.  Unless the "freedom" women aren't breaking any laws then they have the right to do whatever they want to within the boundaries of the law.  

[b]Who really "dictates" rightful roles?  Most certainly not yo[/b]u.  

Nature does, by giving you boobs that leak milk whenever you push out a new child. Obviously you failed biology in school and probably think men also lactate when their wives give birth. undecided

That aside, no one can force you to do what you don't want to do, even if it's for the good of your own offspring.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 12:12am On Jan 21, 2012
2buff:

Nature does, by giving you bosoms that leak milk whenever you push out a new child. Obviously you failed biology in school and probably think men also lactate when their wives give birth. undecided

That aside, no one can force you to do what you don't want to do, even if it's for the good of your own offspring.

Did you even take biology?   If you were talking about bosoms and milk, then what does "freedom women" have to do with breastfeeding and biology? 

You are exactly right NO ONE can force you to do ANYTHING.  So what is the ISSUE?
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 21, 2012
Woman, u asked a question, I gave u an answer.
Even a 5th grader would attest to the relevance of the answer. smiley

U dragging it further makes me question whether you're smarter than a . . . grin
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by claremont(m): 12:22am On Jan 21, 2012
2buff:

Nature does, by giving you bosoms that leak milk whenever you push out a new child. [size=14pt]Obviously you failed biology in school [/size]and probably think men also lactate when their wives give birth. undecided

Since you sound highly-learned when it comes to Biology, kindly tell me what Biology/Biological disposition has to do with any of the below;

Man
Being the provider;
making sure there is food on the table;
making sure the utilities are on;
washing the car(s);
cutting the grass and maintaining the yard, if any;
being the final decision maker;
head of the household;
making sure his wife get Enough Intimacy;
changing the light bulbs other things that need to be replaced; and
making sure that the car(s) are maintained and in good working order.

Woman
Washing dishes;
Doing the laundry, including folding and ironing;
cleaning the house;
cooking the food;
getting the kids ready for the school, if there are kids in the relationship;
changing the diapers of the baby, if needed;
assistant to the head of the household; and
satisfying her husband sexually.

Personally, I don't even understand what "Biological disposition" means when used in this context.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2012
2buff:

Woman, u asked a question, I gave u an answer.
Even a 5th grader would attest to the relevance of the answer. smiley

U dragging it further makes me question whether you're smarter than a . . .  grin

I thought the same thing about you.   lipsrsealed  You answered the role question with NATURE, but what is the issue with people not letting women do whatever they want?

According to you "freedom women" means women who are nursing.  Gotcha.  SMH.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 21, 2012
claremont:

Since you sound highly-learned when it comes to Biology, kindly tell me what Biology/Biological disposition has to do with any of the below;

Man
Being the provider;
making sure there is food on the table;
making sure the utilities are on;
washing the car(s);
cutting the grass and maintaining the yard, if any;
being the final decision maker;
head of the household;
making sure his wife get Enough Intimacy;
changing the light bulbs other things that need to be replaced; and
making sure that the car(s) are maintained and in good working order.

Woman
Washing dishes;
cleaning the house;
cooking the food;

Personally, I don't even understand what "Biological disposition" means when used in this context.

And your inability to follow context and read message chains before posting adds you to her lot
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 21, 2012
2buff:

It takes a mature lady who thinks on a much better plane to get it like u have.
What I wrote there is an accommodation to those females who think females should be free to do whatever and not woman up their role (cuz we know they are much more than your precious rare kind). With their freedom must come their choice to CHOOSE to take up their rightful roles when they see where the family is going. Many have done so midway.

If THEY never chose it, it will simply feel like slavery. And a slave, when free (eg we don land Yankee), will despise whomever they perceived as their slave driver.

@ 2buff big ups!!  wink
What I want to know is what is "slave like" about a man being able to come home after a hard day's work and know the food is hot, his bath water is ready and he'll be appreciated for his sacrifices?

Took me a while to get where I am mentally and I am glad I am there. I'm still in my early twenties and taking the time to reflect on WHY our marriages in the west are starting to fail. As I have said a thousand times I consider the "women's movement" to be a bigger burden on womankind than an ally for obvious reasons.

Being raised by  a mother who grew up in the caribbean in the 60's and 70's  grin BELIEVE me when I tell you her daughters KNOW how to keep up the tradition. I have NO issue with doing my part. Once I take on the role of wife and mother, play time is OVER! If the man is NOT beating you what's the problem? If he's not DEMANDING too much from you other than TLC what's the issue? seriously.

And for everyone trying to bring religion into this, REGARDLESS of what faith you are from its just ordained to be that way. Even some "atheist households" are comprised of women who cook for their men and clean the house so kill that noise.  tongue And[b] BIOLOGY[/b] has a lot to do with this issue as biology or  "the study of life" is self explanatory.

I have bre@sts and my man does NOT for a reason. My bre@sts, my womb; etc are representations of the fact that I can and should nurture, his masculinity is proof that he is to do physical labor, to be the provider and the protector of this domain. Seriously, even evolution-tards-ists who believe evolution is a perfect replacement of God can see what I am saying and how biology correlates with male and female roles.

nene1:

I don't see anything wrong with this list. In fact this is how I want my marriage to be. BOTH partners are doing work in the relationship. if my man is cleaning the yard, washing our cars, fixing things in the house, I would be happy to cook and clean and take care of the kids. It is a fair list and splits the work fairly. Even if I am working, which I still plan to do when I get married, I don't mind doing all those things if he is also doing his part. Plus, when it comes to the kids, I want them to feel like they have a mother. WHo else will take care of your kids if you don't?

Now in circumstances where say, unfortunatley the husband may have lost his job, then he will just do moe to help around then and help with the kids. If both partners have respect, understanding and communication between them, they will work out what is best for them.

I don't think it is demeaning to women as I don't think cooking for your family and keeping your house clean is demeaning. If you want to be treated like a princess, then you should treat him like a prince.

BEAUTIFUL!!  kiss

i respect everyone's opinion but man and woman were created TO PROCREATE and live! Not fight because of our anatomy.  There is a reason why we are NOT all the same s3x and we should seriously know when it is ok to 'wave the pink flag' and when not to.

and please believe this is not about "sucking up to men". I don't desire being with another woman as I am NOT a lesbi@n therefore, should i find a man who I love dearly and I know loves me I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure he and i live in stable and loving home where we are BOTH happy and can raise children in.

LOL @ me even thinking about arguing about washing dishes or cooking as a wife and mother. smh
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Princek12(m): 1:19am On Jan 21, 2012
nene1:

I don't see anything wrong with this list. In fact this is how I want my marriage to be. BOTH partners are doing work in the relationship. if my man is cleaning the yard, washing our cars, fixing things in the house, I would be happy to cook and clean and take care of the kids. It is a fair list and splits the work fairly. Even if I am working, which I still plan to do when I get married, I don't mind doing all those things if he is also doing his part. Plus, when it comes to the kids, I want them to feel like they have a mother. WHo else will take care of your kids if you don't?

Now in circumstances where say, unfortunatley the husband may have lost his job, then he will just do moe to help around then and help with the kids. If both partners have respect, understanding and communication between them, they will work out what is best for them.

I don't think it is demeaning to women as I don't think cooking for your family and keeping your house clean is demeaning. If you want to be treated like a princess, then you should treat him like a prince.

Intelligent and brilliant summation.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 1:34am On Jan 21, 2012
Of course it is intelligent to you when it is something you wants to hear.  Be real.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 2:01am On Jan 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

@ 2buff big ups!!  wink
What I want to know is what is "slave like" about a man being able to come home after a hard day's work and know the food is hot, his bath water is ready and he'll be appreciated for his sacrifices?

Took me a while to get where I am mentally and I am glad I am there. I'm still in my early twenties and taking the time to reflect on WHY our marriages in the west are starting to fail. As I have said a thousand times I consider the "women's movement" to be a bigger burden on womankind than an ally for obvious reasons.

Being raised by  a mother who grew up in the caribbean in the 60's and 70's  grin BELIEVE me when I tell you her daughters KNOW how to keep up the tradition. I have NO issue with doing my part. Once I take on the role of wife and mother, play time is OVER! If the man is NOT beating you what's the problem? If he's not DEMANDING too much from you other than TLC what's the issue? seriously.

And for everyone trying to bring religion into this, REGARDLESS of what faith you are from its just ordained to be that way. Even some "atheist households" are comprised of women who cook for their men and clean the house so kill that noise.  tongue And[b] BIOLOGY[/b] has a lot to do with this issue as biology or  "the study of life" is self explanatory.

I have bre@sts and my man does NOT for a reason. My bre@sts, my womb; etc are representations of the fact that I can and should nurture, his masculinity is proof that he is to do physical labor, to be the provider and the protector of this domain. Seriously, even evolution-tards-ists who believe evolution is a perfect replacement of God can see what I am saying and how biology correlates with male and female roles.

Of course a woman wouldn't complain about washing dishes and taking care of the kids if that what she wants to do, however the objection wasn't about washing dishes nor popping a bosom in a baby's mouth.  It was the fact that some chatters felt that if people do not have a primary role relationship, their relationship isn't going to be successful.  Seriously?   

Claremont has a point, what does study of life has to do with one's opinion of how a man and a woman role should be in THEIR RELATIONSHIP?  My point the entire time is why do people feel just because THEY believe a woman should stay at home and a man should work outside of the home is the PRIMARY role because THEY SAID SO?  In that case, a man or a woman who can't produce children aren't male nor female.  According to society, a woman with a womb should able to bear children just as a man with Fluid should be able to produce children.  What do we call them? 

What about relationships where there aren't any children in the home, does the woman still washes the dishes and cook all day?     Many couples do not have children nor want children are their relationship going to failed because the mother isn't popping a bosom in a baby's mouth according to some chatters?

There are many relationships that has Princek12's point of view and aren't successful.  I am not saying because it has to do with "primary roles", but it has a lot to do with people trying to live their life and conduct their relationship to OTHER'S point of view. 

There is nothing wrong with a woman choosing to stay at home and take care of the house as long as the husband can provide entirety, however it is an issue when PEOPLE assume in TODAY'S economy that a man's sole income can support the entire family and when a woman wants to work outside of the house and contribute, she is trying to wear the pants.  WTF.   

There are thousands of Modern women who take care of their homes along with their husbands and still maintain their identity by working or going to school.  Just because one is in a marriage doesn't mean one should stop being what they were before marriage.  What if the man wasn't working and you were working, does that make him less of a man?  No, it doesn't so how does it make her less of a woman because she isn't washing dishes and has a nanny take the kids to school? 

How can you tell an atheist that they should follow the Bible especially when many things in the Bible are harsh to women.  It is pointless for one to refer to the Bible when an atheist doesn't believe the Bible.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by nene1: 2:03am On Jan 21, 2012
Some of you girls here need to calm down. Why are you taking this so personal? It's not that serious and no need to raise your blood pressure. I don't have time to read everyone's posts.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by nene1: 2:07am On Jan 21, 2012
@ Outstrip and Mrs. Chima, y'all need to take a chill pill. My posts seem to hit a nerve. Also, I was talking in GENERAL not at anyone specifically. If it doesn't apply to you, then let it fly. Also, outstrip what is your point exactly?
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 2:09am On Jan 21, 2012
nene1:

@ Outstrip and Mrs. Chima, y'all need to take a chill pill. My posts seem to hit a nerve. Also, I was talking in GENERAL not at anyone specifically. If it doesn't apply to you, then let it fly. Also, outstrip what is your point exactly?

No, YOU need to take a chill pill and I corrected YOU on what you said about MY comments.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by nene1: 2:17am On Jan 21, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

No, YOU need to take a chill pill and I corrected YOU on what you said about MY comments.

Oh I see, you are upset b/c I called you out in an arugment you failed. You know you don't have a good answer to his question and that is what I pointed out.

And sweetie, I know this may be hard to for you to understand, but a woman can be educated and independent and still take care of her natural roles. Whether you work or not, a woman's role is different from a man's. Whether a woman has a PHD, it doesn't change anything. And I do plan to get a doctorate, but those things shouldn't change what you should do at home.

Okay so you mean to tell me you are the one who PUMPS the gas? Are you the one who opens the door when you are out TOGETHER with your man? I am not talking about randomly sitting around waiting for a man to open the door. Stop beating around the bush. You don't have any legitimate arugment so get over it and calm down. No need to get upset over the opinion of some strangers over the internet. What we think is not going to affect your lifestyle so no need to fume up lol, I can see the truth hurtssmiley

Btw, Are you african?
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by emofine2(f): 2:19am On Jan 21, 2012
Woman
Washing dishes;
cleaning the house;
cooking the food;

I guess I don't qualify to be a woman then lipsrsealed
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 2:24am On Jan 21, 2012
nene1:

Oh I see, you are upset b/c I called you out in an arugment you failed. You know you don't have a good answer to his question and that is what I pointed out.

You made an Bottom out of yourself when you assumed that I didn't respond to Princek12's question because I didn't have anything to say.  I checked you and told you that I have a life outside of Nairaland and not everyone sits and waits for a reply.  

You are right I am upset because I checked you.   wink  I shouldn't have to be checking those who claimed to have intelligence.  (blank face)  

I have answered his questions, if it isn't the answers YOU were crying for then TOO BAD.  

Move on.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Outstrip(f): 2:25am On Jan 21, 2012
nene1:

My point is read what you wrote. I am not sure why you need me to take a chill pill. Because I disagreed with you? I just stated a fact. If you feel like you hit a nerve because I disagreed with you then you need to look within. You cannot make statements like you will do your part if he does his part and then follow it up with if he loses his job he will have to do more and then act like you disagree with people who say that there is not an assigned role to any sex. After you are married with kids for a couple of years then maybe you can come back and discuss what a man or womans role is in a marriage. The fact is you have no clue and you have no clue because it is just a fantasy for you. Simple. I hope my point was more clear this time
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 2:28am On Jan 21, 2012
emöfine:

I guess I don't qualify to be a woman then lipsrsealed

Now you see my objections?  But noooooooo, I am a feminist, manhater, dyke, "too westernized", and all the other bullshits. 

My point all along was HOW does THAT LIST defines a woman because she has a bosom and a man because he has a Joystick?   

Someone has the right to DEFINE MY WOMANHOOD?
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 21, 2012
You don't have to do it all, especially if oga is there to help with some things. The key thing is to not feel like you are sub-class for doing it.
I would rather my wife doesn't cook for me if she doesn't want to. It must be out of  the joy of her own heart and her love for me. If not, she can keep it. Been feeding myself just fine before she showed up.

Men & Women just gotta CHOOSE to better their home and marriage out of love without waiting on someone to force them with "rules" and "regulations".
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 2:32am On Jan 21, 2012
2buff:

You don't have to do it all, especially if oga is there to help with some things. The key thing is to not feel like you are sub-class for doing it.
I would rather my wife doesn't cook for me if she doesn't want to. It must be out of  the joy of her own heart and her love for me. If not, she can keep it. Been feeding myself just fine before she showed up.

Men & Women just gotta CHOOSE to better their home and marriage out of love without waiting on someone to force them with "rules" and "regulations".

Thank you.  That's all I was saying boo boo.  kiss kiss  Let it be something I WANT TO DO not because someone said it is the woman's role and the same for my husband. 

I finally broke down 2buff, now SAFO!  (filing teeth) grin grin grin
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by nene1: 3:02am On Jan 21, 2012
Outstrip:

My point is read what you wrote. I am not sure why you need me to take a chill pill. Because I disagreed with you? I just stated a fact. If you feel like you hit a nerve because I disagreed with you then you need to look within. You cannot make statements like you will do your part if he does his part and then follow it up with if he loses his job he will have to do more and then act like you disagree with people who say that there is not an assigned role to any sex. After you are married with kids for a couple of years then maybe you can come back and discuss what a man or womans role is in a marriage. The fact is you have no clue and you have no clue because it is just a fantasy for you. Simple. I hope my point was more clear this time

and still your point is, ? stop fuming so your brain can clear up. that was complete gibberish you wrote.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by nene1: 3:04am On Jan 21, 2012
@ Mrs. Chima, still beating around the bush. you don't have a good answer. you don't have any good point so give it up already. I like how you chose to avoid the questions.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by nene1: 3:05am On Jan 21, 2012
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by emofine2(f): 3:05am On Jan 21, 2012
My point all along was HOW does THAT LIST defines a woman because she has a bosom and a man because he has a Joystick?   

For the supposedly "weaker sex" the "woman's" list is  conviently  more laborious than the "man". . . "changing a light bulb" - give me strength!

How many times does one cook as opposed to washing a car which by the way some just take to the car wash

Someone has the right to DEFINE MY WOMANHOOD?   

Exactly! I just wonder how one can summarize a "role" for 3 billion+ people

Mrs, Chima:

Now you see my objections?  But noooooooo, I am a feminist, manhater, dyke, "too westernized", and all the other bullshits.

Ha, I've been nominated for quite a few myself.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 21, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Thank you.  That's all I was saying boo boo.  kiss kiss  Let it be something I WANT TO DO not because someone said it is the woman's role and the same for my husband. 

I finally broke down 2buff, now SAFO!  (filing teeth) grin grin grin

You didn't do jack. You're still better equipped to breast-feed your baby.
If you love your baby and your man (and have a lick of sense  grin ) you wouldn't let him breast-feed your baby.

That's a role for u, if u must be forced to do the right thing.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Princek12(m): 3:09am On Jan 21, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

You made an Bottom out of yourself when you assumed that I didn't respond to Princek12's question because I didn't have anything to say.  I checked you and told you that I have a life outside of Nairaland and not everyone sits and waits for a reply.  

You are right I am upset because I checked you.   wink  I shouldn't have to be checking those who claimed to have intelligence.  (blank face)  

I have answered his questions, if it isn't the answers YOU were crying for then TOO BAD.  

Move on.  

You did not answer any of the questions I asked you. You were not woman enough to answer those questions. You avoid questions when you have nothing to say, or when you know that the answer is hurtful to your position.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 3:13am On Jan 21, 2012
Princek12:

You did not answer any of the questions I asked you. You were not woman enough to answer those questions. You avoid questions when you have nothing to say, or when you know that the answer is hurtful to your position.

I have answered your shitty questions the way I WANTED TO ANSWER IT and YOU WEREN'T man ENOUGH to accept them. 

Not my problems.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Princek12(m): 3:15am On Jan 21, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I have answered your shitty questions the way I WANTED TO ANSWER IT and YOU WEREN'T man ENOUGH to accept them. 

Not my problems. 

that you collectively pump gas is an answer to who pumps the gas?

that you collectively open the door is an answer to who opens the door for you?

that shows how "intelligent" you are!
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 3:16am On Jan 21, 2012
nene1:

@ Mrs. Chima, still beating around the bush. you don't have a good answer. you don't have any goode point so give it up already. I like how you chose to avoid the questions.

And YOU didn't have a good comeback and made an arse out of yourself.   cool

The answers are STILL THE SAME.   Now what.
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by MrsChima1(f): 3:17am On Jan 21, 2012
Princek12:

that you collectively pump gas is an answer to who pumps the gas?

that you collectively open the door is an answer to who opens the door for you?

that shows how "intelligent" you are!

I thought you said I didn't answer the questions?  Make up your mind Forest Gump. 

You just shown how "ignorantly dumb" you are!
Re: Summary Of A Man's Role And A Woman's Role In A Relationship. by Princek12(m): 3:21am On Jan 21, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I thought you said I didn't answer the questions?  Make up your mind Forest Gump. 

You just shown how "ignorantly dumb" you are! 

Goodness! You call imaginary and implausible response answers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Finger A Virgin? / It’s December And This South African Lady Is Getting Dumped For No Reason / Lady Blasts Her Sister For Sleeping With Her Ex Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.