Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? (19410 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date A Guy Who Won't Have Sex Until Marriage? / Famous People Who Waited Until Marriage To Lose Their Virginity / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 05, 2012
Moodie:

Exactly!!! So how many guys are virgins at the time of marriage??
And чυя point is?
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by UyiIredia(m): 11:31am On Feb 05, 2012
I am a virgin and there is nothing wrong with it. However, I am not one to condemn non-virgins neither do I deem virginity as a pre-condition to be fulfilled by a potential spouse. Making the point that virginity until marriage is outdated isn't a convincing argument. People do not keep their virginity because it's a popular trend, they do it out of principle, the same way nymphomaniacs have lots of sex. However, a better argument is one that implores virgins to be content with their sexuality. When one can develop a healthy attitude towards sex (that it's good, pleasurable and desirable especially within a context, usually marital for virgins) then virginity becomes liberating and not stifling as the OP implies.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by claremont(m): 11:40am On Feb 05, 2012
^^
I do hope you also agree that virginity is NOT a yardstick for defining morality in either males/females. The fact that someone is a virgin doesn't mean he/she has better morals than a non-virgin.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by UyiIredia(m): 11:46am On Feb 05, 2012
@ claremont >>> I agree with your statement completely.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by obowunmi(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2012
Well stated Uyi.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by jmoore(m): 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2012
Moodie:

I am 28 too and i watch football only, and once i join any football team i am going to be like messi, i will score 100goals and dribble everybody. grin grin

You never hear say practice makes perfect or have you been practicing every other thing apart from the actual ''penalty kick''?.

what is wrong practising it when you are married? when did sex became a special skill? who taught you as a baby how to suck your mother's b-r-e-a-s-t?
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by maclatunji: 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
claremont:

^^
I do hope you also agree that virginity is NOT a yardstick for defining morality in either males/females. The fact that someone is a virgin doesn't mean he/she has better morals than a non-virgin.

Whether you like it or not 5ex is a big part of defining morals (otherwise courtesans would not be frowned upon in virtually every society). So, a virgin has one over you if you are not a virgin as a single person- deal with it!

Let us look at it this way, can you ever say: God bless me because I have fornicated?

On the flip side, a Virgin can say: God bless me because I have been chaste!
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by jmaine: 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2012
Yeye virgin talk . . when you all burst your pipes . .hit me up for more tilling . . . Am a sure good tiller any day . .any time . . .
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Whether you like it or not 5ex is a big part of defining morals (otherwise courtesans would not be frowned upon in virtually every society). So, a virgin has one over you if you are not a virgin as a single person- deal with it!

Let us look at it this way, can you ever say: God bless me because I have fornicated?

Are all none-virgins courtesans? If none-virgins are courtesans to you then when you flowered yours virgin she would become courtesan as well!M.o.r.o.n!

God my morning creamed tea!
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by maclatunji: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
^I am sure sensible people could interpret my post without problems. Is your conscience disturbing you? Change your ways and stop screaming like a rabid raccoon. Deal with the issues raised- if you can't, let those of us who can do so whilst you go and sulk in your little corner.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by queensmith: 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
Well like most traditional values its no longer being followed. I won't call that outdated.

I certaintly dont believe a man will turn a woman down if she's a virgin. Thats if he's serious anyways.

I know alot of virgins my age that are under no pressure to lose it. When the time is right its right. No reason to rush into things
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by 1stKlass(f): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2012
Wow this is a very interesting thread with some really thought provoking comments.

My 2 cents is that first and foremost Virginity goes both ways. If there is any waiting to be done both Men and Women SHOULD BE WAITING . God intended us all to have ONLY one partner and in an ideal world, people would meet and marry just the ONE person. In spite of this ideal, God has also given us each free will. And it is this *free will* that has shifted the emphasis from only one partner to the plural. One thing that we must all face up to - is the shifting of attitudes and accepted practices of our modern day society, and this was true even in Jesus's time. You will remember that when the Old Rabbis criticised Jesus for not following the traditions and customs of his ancestors ( like washing hands in a particular way before eating and the animal sacrifices etc) Jesus replied: it is it not what goes in you that makes you unclean but what comes out. This for me applies wholly to the issue of Virginity. It is not the number of partners any person has ( male or female) but the essence of their character and moral code that makes that person worthy of consideration as a wife / husband (life long partner).

Of course maintaing that discipline and commitment of keeping ones self (virginity) until marriage is admirable and impressive. However the reality is that Jesus did not come to save the righteous but the sinners. And therefore it is a given that only a few / handful will be able to withstand the temptations of s3x in this modern age. That does not automatically mean that you are doomed to not having a fulfilling or respectful marriage, but it does mean you have to ask for special grace for whomever is the one who didn't wait - to get over that fact.  That person has  to try harder to honour / respect themselves and God.

The waiting until marriage is not so much an outdated concept but rather one that has no real bite in this modern day. Deep down, in all honesty,  we would all love to be the first person our partner had every experienced however the reality for at least every woman is that they are not going to be their Husbands first.

I agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion  that Virgin Women should marry Virgin Men,  why let someone who chose not to wait enjoy the fruits of your labour,  is that fair? .
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
maclatunji:

^I am sure sensible people could interpret my post without problems. Is your conscience disturbing you? Change your ways and stop screaming like a rabid raccoon. Deal with the issues raised- if you can't, let those of us who can do so whilst you go and sulk in your little corner.
Dude, take a hype! Can you point to any sensible person who understands you? You are the one confusing yourself in this context. Your reference to courtesan in your comment is questionable, as if all none-virgins are. Steer clear from fooling yourself thinking you are making some wise comments here. Religion is a scam and it will continue to be subjecting many ignorant people to its stratagems!
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by maclatunji: 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2012
^You are one very insecure individual. Why don't you change your user name to NOTICE ME since you are looking for attention?

I can see you hyper-ventilating already.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
maclatunji:

^You are one v[b]ery insecure individual.[/b] Why don't you change your user name to NOTICE ME since you are looking for attention?

I can see you hyper-ventilating already.
Do you know what insecurity mean? What's so insecure about me in my comment? You really talk out of your a.s.s!
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by claremont(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2012
maclatunji:

We are not talking about courtesans here, we are questioning the reasoning behind using something as mundane as virginity as a yardstick for measuring morality.
Re: Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? by maclatunji: 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
^These two last posters are confused. What do courtesans do? They have 5ex for money. I as a professional write to make money.

Why would I be respected and a courtesan scoffed-at by society since we are both working for money? The answer is simple the society regards 5ex; how, when and with whom you have it as an integral part of your moral uprightness (I agree with this position 100%).

The key phrase there is 'integral part of your moral uprightness'. It is not the 'totality of your moral uprightness'.

Deducing from my foregoing points, you should understand why a virgin is rightfully regarded as being more morally upright than a non-virgin. This point is elementary and no amount of arguing against it will change it from being the truth.

Virginity until marriage implies keeping away from the kind of 5ex (the one had before marriage) that society rightfully frowns at and waiting to engage in 5ex with the appropriate conditions that the society accepts (marital 5ex).

If 5ex is as mundane as Claremont wants us to believe, why are courtesans villified even by their patrons? It is because it is not mundane and is an important factor in determining who you are as a person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boy Who Raped Uwa Has Been Caught And Confessed Points Pastor / UPDATED-My strange Experience With A Runs Girl As An Undergraduate / This Girl Has Got So Many People Taking About Her boobs See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.