Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working (30821 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
I dont expect churches to start putting their charitable works on their websites cos it makes it look like they are trying to win favour in the eye of the people and that is not why they are there.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dare2think: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^^^^

But they can put their fake miracles and pastor-worship all over the website.

The purpose of putting charitable deeds on website is to generate more income, more support and more exposure gor the cause. People see the effects of their donations and are encouraged to do more.

By the way boko- haram bombed maiduguri today and killed at least 8 people. Your mog's curse is magnificent and efficiently working!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

^^^^^^^

But they can put their fake miracles and pastor-worship all over the website.

The purpose of putting charitable deeds on website is to generate more income, more support and more exposure gor the cause. People see the effects of their donations and are encouraged to do more.

By the way boko- haram bombed maiduguri today and killed at least 8 people. Your mog's curse is magnificent and efficiently working!!!

First, the miracles are not fake, I know cos I've been a direct beneficiary of it.

Second, if they start putting their charitable deeds online, people will come out again to attack them that they are doing it for the donations and money.

Well, the primary purpose of a church is salvation of souls, then other things may follow.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by 2good(m): 8:58am On Feb 21, 2012
FXKing2012:

First, the miracles are not fake, I know cos I've been a direct beneficiary of it.

Second, if they start putting their charitable deeds online, people will come out again to attack them that they are doing it for the donations and money.

Well, the primary purpose of a church is salvation of souls, then other things may follow.

You are so so blind and completely lost with your brain being a waste. Don"t you reason at all? Instead of cringing in your own shell and denounce most of the teachings of this so called men of god- oyedepo inclusive, you are here still defending them, despite 100% clarity that there is a zero positive effect of his prayers and prophetic declaration on their flocks. The Nigerian society is the major blame factor for the current state of things but you still have a brain to decide what is rational or not. I pity your life and hope you acknowledge the truth and act accordingly before your life on earth will end up being a waste.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by helpee(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2012
2good:

You are so so blind and completely lost with your brain being a waste. Don"t you reason at all? Instead of cringing in your own shell and denounce most of the teachings of this so called men of god- oyedepo inclusive, you are here still defending them, despite 100% clarity that there is a zero positive effect of his prayers and prophetic declaration on their flocks. The Nigerian society is the major blame factor for the current state of things but you still have a brain to decide what is rational or not. I pity your life and hope you acknowledge the truth and act accordingly before your life on earth will end up being a waste.
don't be stupid my guy. Did NATO led invasion of libya worked? Why did it take many months of bombing before ghaddafi was captured? So u are dumb enuf to assume that prayer is magic? His prayer is definately working with the series of high profile arrest that were made following his pronouncement. So u assume that once he speaks BH attack will just stop like magic. Nothing including prayers work like that. After the amnesty program of yaradua, we all witnessed a lot of kidnappings still but over time we all come to agree that it actually worked to a reasonable extent. When God annointed david as a king thru prophet samuel, dumb people like u tut it wud be immediate but it tuk 14yrs from prophecy to the throne. Prayer is not magic but it is powerful. With all these high profile arrest BH may soon become history regardless of the bombings you see here and there. Stop being petty. Stop being foolish and stop being stupid. It is only a baby that talks like you expecting immediate answer to things like this. At least oyedepo contributed what he had to the fight against terrorism which is prayer; how many imams have done that. What is your own contribution too apart from coming to nairaland to vomit nonsense? Kudos oyedepo. You are a courageous nigerian
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by 2good(m): 10:24am On Feb 21, 2012
helpee:

don't be silly my guy. Did NATO led invasion of libya worked? Why did it take many months of bombing before ghaddafi was captured? So u are dumb enuf to assume that prayer is magic? His prayer is definately working with the series of high profile arrest that were made following his pronouncement. So u assume that once he speaks BH attack will just stop like magic. Nothing including prayers work like that. After the amnesty program of yaradua, we all witnessed a lot of kidnappings still but over time we all come to agree that it actually worked to a reasonable extent. When God annointed david as a king thru prophet samuel, dumb people like u tut it wud be immediate but it tuk 14yrs from prophecy to the throne. Prayer is not magic but it is powerful. With all these high profile arrest BH may soon become history regardless of the bombings you see here and there. Stop being petty. Stop being foolish and stop being silly. It is only a baby that talks like you expecting immediate answer to things like this. At least oyedepo contributed what he had to the fight against terrorism which is prayer; how many imams have done that. What is your own contribution too apart from coming to nairaland to vomit nonsense? Kudos oyedepo. You are a courageous nigerian

you are another blind religious fool who believes that in a probability experiment of a coin, no matter whether the outcome is head or tail, the probability of an event occurring is 1. Prayer is waste of time as can be seen in the mess your jungle country Nigeria is today. you can travel round the world to predominantly atheistic countries and see how prosperous they are. So we pay tax for military and the police for nothing? If they cannot ensure law and order, why then are they paid salary? You think the arrest of some people that is yet to reduce or create any change is the result of your con pastor's prayer? You are actually a bigger fool than the opening poster. I will tag you a cretin because you are dafter than daft itself. You're all so lazy, spending bulk of your life praying to some non existing god, and expecting miracle to happen in your life and solve your problems. You cannot even manage your lives and abundant resources cos you have decided to make your brain a waste and instead sit down waiting for some phony god to come help you eradicate poverty from your country. You even had the guts to be using a product of mans reasoning typing here and displaying more stupidity. What have religion achieved in this world besides fueling hatred and segregation? Keep on dreaming and waiting for spiritual intervention, while I laugh at your suffering because you have refused to use the only good thing nature have given you which is your brain. Hope you know 30 people died yesterday as a result of Boko Haram's activity? Probably you don't know because you don't have power to watch television as you are waiting for god to come solve your power problem also.
Idiot!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by helpee(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2012
2good:

you are another blind religious fool who believes that in a probability experiment of a coin, no matter whether the outcome is head or tail, the probability of an event occurring is 1. Prayer is waste of time as can be seen in the mess your jungle country Nigeria is today. you can travel round the world to predominantly atheistic countries and see how prosperous they are. So we pay tax for military and the police for nothing? If they cannot ensure law and order, why then are they paid salary? You think the arrest of some people that is yet to reduce or create any change is the result of your con pastor's prayer? You are actually a bigger fool than the opening poster. I will tag you a cretin because you are dafter than daft itself. You're all so lazy, spending bulk of your life praying to some non existing god, and expecting miracle to happen in your life and solve your problems. You cannot even manage your lives and abundant resources cos you have decided to make your brain a waste and instead sit down waiting for some phony god to come help you eradicate poverty from your country. You even had the guts to be using a product of mans reasoning typing here and displaying more stupidity. What have religion achieved in this world besides fueling hatred and segregation? Keep on dreaming and waiting for spiritual intervention, while I laugh at your suffering because you have refused to use the only good thing nature have given you which is your brain. Hope you know 30 people died yesterday as a result of Boko Haram's activity? Probably you don't know because you don't have power to watch television as you are waiting for god to come solve your power problem also.
!
I actually underestimated the level of your stupidity. With your write up, I suddenly discovered I was responding to an idiot who is largely suffering from insecurity. So ? After realising that 30 people died yesterday what have you done better than mocking the spirit of the dead by rushing to nairaland to use them to settle scores and gain cheap points? To be frank with you, idiots like you don't have have the ability to reason beyond their nose. Show me one single country that claims there is no God and yet they are succesful like you claim? Why are u so shallow in your thinking? If you actually take time to study the origin of the internet you will be shocked that even the originators of internet ascribe their success to God; anyway that is why you are grossly unsuccesful as its obvious in your level of animosity towards the society. People like you expect God to practically come down and do everything for them and once things are not working out they rush to a forum to deny the existence of God. Stupid; that is the only language I can use to describe a slowpoke like you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dare2think: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2012
@Mr Helpee

If I may come in.

No need for animosity and angst between us, Lets try and discuss maturely and agree to dis-agree.

Firstly, the title of this thread notes that 'Bishop Oyedepo's Curse Has Started Working On Boko Haram', so obviously someone feels has the right to state their belief. However, you need to understand that, as this is a public forum, there will be others who also posses the right to dis-agree.

I understand that you revere Oyedepo, a stand that should be respected, however you have to understand that there are others that do not. And their stand should also be respected as you would want them to respect yours.

On the subject of the topic, at least lets be honest with ourselves, the 'curse' is not working! (at least as of yesterday). So, continuous defence of the title is a show of deep insecurities.

If Christians, who claim to hold the pillars of everlasting truth and should be models for honesty, cant accept something as obvious as a curse not working, it only gives 'unbelievers' more ammunitions to suspect folly within the religion.

Once again, these are my opinions, yours would be delightfully welcomed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dare2think: 11:05am On Feb 21, 2012
FXKing2012:

Should they care on what people say or focus more on their charitable deeds. Then let the deeds speak for themselves. How come that excuse does not deter secular organisations delivering charities to remote parts of the world.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by helpee(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

@Mr Helpee

If I may come in.

No need for animosity and angst between us, Lets try and discuss maturely and agree to dis-agree.

Firstly, the title of this thread notes that 'Bishop Oyedepo's Curse Has Started Working On Boko Haram', so obviously someone feels has the right to state their belief. However, you need to understand that, as this is a public forum, there will be others who also posses the right to dis-agree.

I understand that you revere Oyedepo, a stand that should be respected, however you have to understand that there are others that do not. And their stand should also be respected as you would want them to respect yours.

On the subject of the topic, at least lets be honest with ourselves, the 'curse' is not working! (at least as of yesterday). So, continuous defence of the title is a show of deep insecurities.

If Christians, who claim to hold the pillars of everlasting truth and should be models for honesty, cant accept something as obvious as a curse not working, it only gives 'unbelievers' more ammunitions to suspect folly within the religion.

dare2think:

@Mr Helpee

If I may come in.

thanks for being civil in ur argument. I don't subscribe to people insulting themselves really but it was obvious the only language that guy understands is insult that was why I gave it back to him. Dare2think, I seriously dare you to think about this matter. When God told abraham he would beget a child, do u actually think that the prophecy was real after about 50yrs wtout fulfilment. If u had lived at that time u probably would have gone to a forum too to say the prophecy was not real. When jeremiah prophesied the downfall of babylon, do u think the people believed him when babylon still survived centuries after that. As a xtian, I don't expect you to behave like a suckling babe who only believe in instant gratification. So, if you disconnect a freezer from the power source, will you be naïve enuf to assume that it will be instantly hot.No. It takes time but it will soon be hot. So, if oyedepo prayed in december and they arrested key members shortly afterwards yet you as a xtian still don't believe then u are entitled to ur opinion. I don't care wether oyedepo is a MOG or not anybody that curse BH deserve our support and usually, even GOd will answer such prayers as he is already doing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by 2good(m): 11:28am On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

@Mr Helpee

If I may come in.

Leave them to continue deceiving themselves and living in poverty and chaos. After living outside the country for sometime and visiting nigeria, i noticed the deep level of abnormal reasoning displayed by Nigerians including adults because of their religious believes and made up my mind to speak negatively about it in the public as the nation is more or less not working with all d so called praying and fasting. The people in the country that have been confined to life style in Nigeria see the chaos they go through everyday as normal and never agree to work together to make their life better by planning and co-operating together but rather go to church to pray for prosperity and divine intervention.

helpee:

I actually underestimated the level of your stupidity. With your write up, I suddenly discovered I was responding to an  who is largely suffering from insecurity. So ? After realising that 30 people died yesterday what have you done better than mocking the spirit of the dead by rushing to nairaland to use them to settle scores and gain cheap points? To be frank with you, idiots like you don't have have the ability to reason beyond their nose. Show me one single country that claims there is no God and yet they are succesful like you claim? Why are u so shallow in your thinking? If you actually take time to study the origin of the internet you will be shocked that even the originators of internet ascribe their success to God; anyway that is why you are grossly unsuccesful as its obvious in your level of animosity towards the society. People like you expect God to practically come down and do everything for them and once things are not working out they rush to a forum to deny the existence of God. silly; that is the only language I can use to describe a slowpoke like you.

I dont believe in your bible and any of the gods out there so get that straight in your head before you ascribe your foolishness and spirituality to me. I live in an environment where i have friends with atleast 10 different religious sects and we all mind our business and restrict our believes to our mind. But stupid religious Nigerians like you are out there displaying your bigotry, forcing your believes on people, killing yourself in the name of a god that have long forsaken you if at all he exist. Continue to enjoy the suffering and insecurity you go through since you have accepted it as the norm and promise of your god for you. And concerning the least religious country, the internet is open and free for you to learn the correlation between religiosity and prosperity. I wont be the one to educate you on that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by 2good(m): 11:36am On Feb 21, 2012
Since 7 victims of the Madalla bomb blast went blind, this is the opportunity for all the so called MOG to come and proof that their god or prayer works. Atleast they always make noise about miracle from prayer.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by idorenyintim(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2012
BOKO HARAM, THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY SHALL REWARD YOU ALL ACCORDINGLY.

Yes, it is true, that the prayers/curses of God's servant and the blood of other innocent personalities by which their life is no more shall stand as burden on Boko Haram and all their sponsors. In fact if you watch or browse their system you will see the worse deeds of Boko Haram, May the Almighty God punish Boko Haram and their ten generations to come in the name of Jesus- Amen.
The Bible says in Psalm 19vs7 may the wickedness of the wicked ones come to an end and we will be establish.
Boko Haram wickedness is coming to an end.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by helpee(m): 11:54am On Feb 21, 2012
2good:

Leave them to continue deceiving themselves and living in poverty and chaos. After living outside the country for sometime and visiting nigeria, i noticed the deep level of abnormal reasoning displayed by Nigerians including adults because of their religious believes and made up my mind to speak negatively about it in the public as the nation is more or less not working with all d so called praying and fasting. The people in the country that have been confined to life style in Nigeria see the chaos they go through everyday as normal and never agree to work together to make their life better by planning and co-operating together but rather go to church to pray for prosperity and divine intervention.
KbbJb
I dont believe in your bible and any of the gods out there so get that straight in your head before you ascribe your foolishness and spirituality to me. I live in an environment where i have friends with atleast 10 different religious sects and we all mind our business and restrict our believes to our mind. But silly religious Nigerians like you are out there displaying your bigotry, forcing your believes on people, killing yourself in the name of a god that have long forsaken you if at all he exist. Continue to enjoy the suffering and insecurity you go through since you have accepted it as the norm and promise of your god for you. And concerning the least religious country, the internet is open and free for you to learn the correlation between religiosity and prosperity. I wont be the one to educate you on that.
[/quottyte] did you listen to urself? AFTER LIVING IN NIGERIA FOR SOMETIME! People like you can't think for themslves. They just copy directly whatever they see the oyinbos do simply because of inferiority complex. For ur information, I grow up in both societies so I can't be brainwashed. I am not one of those people that desperately seek greener pastures abroad simply because they assumed they can never make it in Nigeria. When such people get abroad, they completely abadon whateva they have cos of inferiority complex. Unlike you, I spend every holiday abroad from time immemorial and I don't mean a single country and continent so the inferiority complex that makes first time traveller like you cringe at the sight of anything foreign has never been an issue for me. And its so funny that your so called enviroment did not play any part in your civility. I tut u said u lived among people with different religious background( not atheist like u initially made us believe) and u said u people mind your business. So unfortunate u are not reflecting your society on nairaland. What you were trying to say is that they respect the views of individuals so why are u always on nairaland abusing oyedepo and co. Why can't u leave him and his God like your more civil neigbours are doing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by 2good(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
helpee:
did you listen to urself? AFTER LIVING IN NIGERIA FOR SOMETIME! People like you can't think for themslves. They just copy directly whatever they see the oyinbos do simply because of inferiority complex. For ur information, I grow up in both societies so I can't be brainwashed. I am not one of those people that desperately seek greener pastures abroad simply because they assumed they can never make it in Nigeria. When such people get abroad, they completely abadon whateva they have cos of inferiority complex. Unlike you, I spend every holiday abroad from time immemorial and I don't mean a single country and continent so the inferiority complex that makes first time traveller like you cringe at the sight of anything foreign has never been an issue for me. And its so funny that your so called enviroment did not play any part in your civility. I tut u said u lived among people with different religious background( not atheist like u initially made us believe) and u said u people mind your business. So unfortunate u are not reflecting your society on nairaland. What you were trying to say is that they respect the views of individuals so why are u always on nairaland abusing oyedepo and co. Why can't u leave him and his God like your more civil neigbours are doing

FYI I stopped attending church and praying 18 years ago when i was still very much in Nigeria, so dont start what you dont know. I was also non religious during my bachelors studies in Nigeria in the midst of religious madness. Many oyinbo's are christians but they dont go about forcing it in the throat of others like you religious Nigerians do. Religion should be a personal thing but in a situation where everybody around you as a Nigerian attached every single part of your life to a belief system you do not share, then it is problem and that is the problem you all have in Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dmxqo(m): 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
When 2 elephants fight, d grass suffers!
I thnk its a worse situatxn,
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by helpee(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
2good:

FYI I stopped attending church and praying 18 years ago when i was still very much in Nigeria, so dont start what you dont know. I was also non religious during my bachelors studies in Nigeria in the midst of religious madness. Many oyinbo's are christians but they dont go about forcing it in the throat of others like you religious Nigerians do. Religion should be a personal thing but in a situation where everybody around you as a Nigerian attached every single part of your life to a belief system you do not share, then it is problem and that is the problem you all have in Nigeria.
. Are u for real? You are definately suffering from some kind of delusion. I guess u expected us to give u a standing ovation simply because u stopped praying in the midst of religious madness. So how many laurels and medals have you received since u stopped praying and did anyone complain about your absence from church. If you are for real and u don't belive in God why are u always on religious section where the aim is to discuss God anyway? U know ur problem? U are lost and you are obviously trying to find a way. You complain about everybody talking about religion but it is ur fault. Go to romance and sports section or better still travel section and u will be surprised at how few discussions on God will be. So if u are hypocritical enuf to believe there is no God and you still frequent religion section instead of spending your time on something worthwhile then u are absolutely insecured. Ask yourself. What happened that 18yrs ago that made you stop going to church? Is it because u discovered a new theory in physics that nobody had ever seen or what? You probably had no genuine reason other than your inability to properly reason that if truly there is NO God, there is no YOU. You are as unreal as the God u deny. Anyway, I think mutallab started like you. You are confused but seriously saerching for the truth. I pray you will not stand up one day and say enuf is enuf and decide to blow up nairaland and the church in order to prove there is no GOD
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
@2good, sometimes I wonder and marvel at your level of reasoning, I'm truly sorry for you.

@dare2think, I respect your point of view and I respect you for respecting others and being very civilized.

@helpee, you are just amazing and superb, you make very powerful points and we need more people like you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dekung(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
@All,
There is only one way we can prove or disprove that these MOGs are for real. They should restore an obvious amputee. That would be a permanent condition of shut up for all atheists/agnosts including myself.
@Enigma/FXKing,
You forgot to quote the concluding part of wikipedia report on religion in denmark
'By the end of 2007, 82.1%[2] of the Danish
population were members of the Evangelical Lutheran
Church which dropped to 81.5 % in 2008.[3] However,
similar to the rest of Scandinavia, North-west Europe
and Britain, only a small minority (less than 10 % of
the total population) attends churches for Sunday
services. In Copenhagen, membership of the Danish
state church dropped to 65% in 2008'. I guess it was an honest omission otherwise it would have further butressed my position.
I laugh in scandinavian
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by UyiIredia(m): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
God bless the man !
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
. . . . . . of Glush! grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2012
How's the curse working out?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2012
PA1982:

How's the curse working out?

Pronouncements are not magic, dont expect them to work like one. It took several years for Babylon to fall even after Prophet Jeremiah's prophesy; it took 14yrs for David to become a king even after prophet Samuel's prophesy.
Stop acting like a baby who wants to see results immediately otherwise he'll start crying.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^
Cheap insults don't prove your point.

helpee:
,  When God told abraham he would beget a child, do u actually think that the prophecy was real after about 50yrs wtout fulfilment. ,

@helpee
Err,  go back to the OT

<< Genesis 18 >>
New American Standard Bible
8He took curds and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and placed it before them; and he was standing by them under the tree as they ate.

9Then they said to him, “Where is Sarah your wife?” And he said, “There, in the tent.” 10He said, “I will surely return to you at this time next year; and behold, Sarah your wife will have a son.” And Sarah was listening at the tent door, which was behind him. 11Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in age; Sarah was past childbearing. 12Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I have become old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” 13And the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, when I am so old?’ 14“Is anything too difficult for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

You've misunderstood the prophecy. 50 years didn't pass before the prophetic pronouncement and the  birth of Isaac.

What people have been trying to explain here is that Oyedepo has declared war, cursed BH.
It's been claimed the natural splintering of this terrorist group is due to this MOG's intervention.
Many readers, I among them, call deceit and misdirection.
Terrorist group naturally splinter.
This process doesn't depend on cursing and pretending it does is either delusion or conscious deception.

Worse yet, those of us who defend our right to say 'the Emperor has no clothes' are been insulted, threatened, and in my case, actually cursed.
iI or my family was supposed to suffer some misfortune within a week of the curse's pronouncement, which would 'prove' Oyedepi is a true MOG.

That was over a month ago.
No result, of course.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 10:21am On Feb 22, 2012
PA1982:

^^^
Cheap insults don't prove your point.

@helpee
Err,  go back to the OT

<< Genesis 18 >>
New American Standard Bible
8He took curds and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and placed it before them; and he was standing by them under the tree as they ate.

9Then they said to him, “Where is Sarah your wife?” And he said, “There, in the tent.” 10He said, “I will surely return to you at this time next year; and behold, Sarah your wife will have a son.” And Sarah was listening at the tent door, which was behind him. 11Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in age; Sarah was past childbearing. 12Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I have become old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” 13And the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, when I am so old?’ 14“Is anything too difficult for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

You've misunderstood the prophecy. 50 years didn't pass before the prophetic pronouncement and the  birth of Isaac.

First, pls point out the insult in my post. I only said dont act like children do always hoping for immediate answers to their needs, that aint no insult dear

Second, now I understand why you have been getting the Bible twisted, itz becos u've been reading the wrong version. There is nowhere in the Bible where Sarah was told she'd conceive the following year.
Pls read the KJV and show me where it is written that Sarah would conceive the following year, pls dont add to the Bible (remember Rev. 22:18-19).

Gen. 18:10, "And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him".
Gen. 18:14, "Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son".

So pls PA1982, where did you see "at this time next year" in your Bible. Hope u are aware there are many fake Bibles out there in the market.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dekung(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Fxking,
why is It that when a reference fails to support your argument you discard it and label it invalid. You run arround everywhere trying to corroborate your position with half truths and twisted theology. The new american standard bible suddenly becomes invalid and fake even though some of the men of dog you listen and hold in high esteem quote texts from this same version so drive home whatever point they want to make. Do you know that some of those transalations are revised from king James, they are translated from the original texts. So you would rather rely on 17th century translation of the bible. How come you are not using telegram to send messages now? Now explain to the house what 'according to the time of your life' means in 21st century english language.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
dekung:

@Fxking,
why is It that when a reference fails to support your argument you discard it and label it invalid. You run arround everywhere trying to corroborate your position with half truths and twisted theology. The new american standard bible suddenly becomes invalid and fake even though some of the men of dog you listen and hold in high esteem quote texts from this same version so drive home whatever point they want to make. Do you know that some of those transalations are revised from king James, they are translated from the original texts. So you would rather rely on 17th century translation of the bible. How come you are not using telegram to send messages now? Now explain to the house what 'according to the time of your life' means in 21st century english language.

My friend this is not a matter of translation, this is pure distortion. How does "according to the time of life" mean the same as "at this time next year"? This is nothing but distortion.
Do you think all Bibles out there is the genuine thing? Some have been badly distorted by men who translated them just to suit their own purpose.

And to answer your question, according to the time of life means in your lifetime.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
FXKing2012:

My friend this is not a matter of translation, this is pure distortion. How does "according to the time of life" mean the same as "at this time next year"? This is nothing but distortion.
Do you think all Bibles out there is the genuine thing? Some have been badly distorted by men who translated them just to suit their own purpose.

And to answer your question, according to the time of  life means in your lifetime.

http://bible.cc/genesis/18-14.htm

Check out the original hebrew.
So now if a Christian uses a different translation or interpretation of the bible, they are not worthy of the name?
How about people who read the bible in languages other than English and thus have no connection to the KJV?

Spanish
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2018:14&version=LBLA
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2018:14&version=NVI

French
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2018:14&version=BDS

Italian
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2018:14&version=NR2006

Interestingly enough, Martin Luther interpreted the passage that way, too
German
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2018:14&version=LUTH1545

Welcome to planet Earth and remember, David Copperfield does NOT make airplanes disappear.

But this is a digression, yet again.
Back to Oyedepo's 'curse'.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2012
@PA1982, I've seen people levitate and this was done on the street in broad day light. Pls u need to leave Spain and visit India to see some of these things with your eyes cos it's obvious you've spent too much time in the west and now u think everything must have a scientific explanation.

Once again u have chosen to avoid addressing the fact that you added to the Bible. Sarah was never told she would have a son the following year, she was told she would be visited in her lifetime.

And yes back to Oyedepo's curse, as pointed out in the Bible, a curse or pronouncement or prophesy does not have to happen immediately, sometimes it takes years or even decades to manifest. And we are already seeing the effect of the curse on BH as an organization; the group is breaking apart while the leaders are being caught and confessing. I'm even very surprised the curse started taking effect almost immediately.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Enigma(m): 8:04am On Feb 23, 2012
^^  The way you have kept going on about the Danes means you realise that my post did punch a hole in your argument about the Danes.  smiley

I have kept quiet since because I didn't want that one to derail the thread. Since you are bothered so much about the Danes, I will just remind you of two things about the issue and leave the rest until perhaps a day when the issue is being discussed in its own right.

1. The official STATE religion of Denmark is Christianity.

2. The population of Denmark is only (even less than) 6 million ------ (apparently even less than half the population of Lagos). That is a far far far more significant factor in them having a good standard of living than whether people go to church or not.  wink

cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2012
@Enigma, you are a genius, I for like hug u but I'm a guy just like you (lol). The way you punctured the argument dekung held so dearly was just an act of ingenuity.

@dekung, if you say the difference btw "next year" and "life time" is trivial then I can only marvel at your level of ignorance. As a result I'm even unable to respond to your post; your ignorance is bewildering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2018 Prophecies: “3 Senators Will Die This Year!” / Nigerian Man Challenges Pastor Who Contracted Him To Give Fake Prophecies (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.