Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working (30817 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
@dekung, I'm glad u could finally see the truth. Stay blessed!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2012
FXKing2012:

@PA1982, I've seen people levitate and this was done on the street in broad day light. Pls u need to leave Spain and visit India to see some of these things with your eyes cos it's obvious you've spent too much time in the west and now u think everything must have a scientific explanation.

Now you are claiming Indian fakirs are for real? You are very funny.

Where was the last time I read of a group which subscribes to an opinion like the one I bolded?
Hmmm. Yes.
Boko Haram!

Once again u have chosen to avoid addressing the fact that you added to the Bible. Sarah was never told she would have a son the following year, she was told she would be visited in her lifetime.

Once again you you have chosen to avoid adressing the fact that I presented links to translations.
I've neither added nor changed anything.
I only wish I could better your reading skills.
And yes, she was told she'd have a child within the year.
We all know that didn't happen and her husband, for a second time, pimped her out to a foreign prince.

And yes back to Oyedepo's curse, as pointed out in the Bible, a curse or pronouncement or prophesy does not have to happen immediately, sometimes it takes years or even decades to manifest. And we are already seeing the effect of the curse on BH as an organization; the group is breaking apart while the leaders are being caught and confessing. I'm even very surprised the curse started taking effect almost immediately.

No leaders have been caught and cenfessed.
That 'interview' you based that mistaken idea on has been shown to be a hoax.

Even if you're in denial that neither Oyedepo nor David Copperfield have magical powers, you should at least recognise what is happening now:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-879325.0.html#msg10269908
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2012
There is no argument with ignorance. ignorance that assumes it knows everything, arrogant ignorance, is best left alone with its owner while you find better things to do with your time. One thing is certain, all who try to disproove the supernatural will meet it at some point in their life. Be it here on earth, or after their life is over.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^^
Could you explain what you mean?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 26, 2012
Oh no Ofedpo's prayer dey work ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

another bomb blast in Jos and the target is a church. kai! thank you fastor ofedepo! you get power oh! lolz
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
@dekung-
I learn a great deal by researching the various subjects I read in this thread.
I think it's actually extremely important that people see that there's no reason to be taken in by pernicious superstitions and that the Internet offers us a wealth of information to expose hoaxes and silly rumours.

Also, remember that the senseless insults and threats I'm proffered here simply don't affect me at all.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
FXKing2012:

[color=#006600][b]You said no BH leader was kidnapped, I guess u have not been listening to the news. What about Abu QaQa (the former spokesman) and Sokoto (the Madala bomb mastermind)?

Are you misquoting me deliberately?
Or did you already forget what we discussing there?

And as I told you and have shown u from the Bible, curses or pronouncements may take years to manifest so dont be so sure they are gonna have no effect on you just yet.

And I have shown you from the bible that what you are saying is nonsense.
Have you forgotten already?

, Pls dont mock a man of God by twisting his name just for the sake of causing amusement, you might be heaping curses upon yourself. I'm only advising you dear.

Don't be ridiculous. Neither Oyedepo nor any Indian fakir nor David Copperfield have that capacity.
You might as well threaten the poster with zombies.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2012
2buff:

There is no argument with ignorance. ignorance that assumes it knows everything, arrogant ignorance, is best left alone with its owner while you find better things to do with your time. One thing is certain, all who try to disproove the supernatural will meet it at some point in their life. Be it here on earth, or after their life is over.

Leave them, they are still in a state of denial. But a time is coming when they will remember all the things I told them on Nairaland, but my concern is it may have been too late by then.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dekung(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
@PA1982,
I have really learnt a lot from you and other fellow nairalanders who are thinking with their brains rather than depositing it in a church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Pukkah: 7:34am On Feb 27, 2012
With the unabating attacks from the stable of Boko Haram, is there still anyone out there who is proudly claiming that some innocuous curse or prayer is working on this unrelenting group?

Excessive religious fatality appears to be the greatest threat to the use of God-given intellect and advancement of the human race.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 27, 2012
Pukkah:

Excessive religious fatality appears to be the greatest threat to the use of God-given intellect and advancement of the human race.

On Point 100%.

@Fxking2012

You knew your fellow christians killed a person yesterday. so was it the effect of Ofedepo's prayer that made christians to circumvent the power of God and take the battle in their hands? is that a decline or good thing? like what happened to Thou shalt not Kill?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 8:56am On Feb 27, 2012
diluminati:

@Fxking2012

You knew your fellow christians killed a person yesterday. so was it the effect of Ofedepo's prayer that made christians to circumvent the power of God and take the battle in their hands? is that a decline or good thing? like what happened to Thou shalt not Kill?

So if a Christian or group of people who are Christians go out to steal or commit any crime, does that make all Christians bad or does it mean Christianity is false? Pls let's be using our brains while trying to make our points, dont be blinded by your hatred for Christianity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dare2think: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2012
2buff:

I agree with the bold. However, the reality remains that this 'super-natural' curse is ineffective. And as 'Christians' if you can't be honest to admit  this 'in-effective' curse, then what a shame.

Boko haram is a result of decades of neglect and bad governance on the part of the federal government and the northern hierarchy. If you think you can use a short cut, 'curse', to address this problem then you are not a realistic person, including your 'man of God'.

The fundamental problem has to be addressed, the northern elites need to educate their kinsmen and children, religion intolerance needs to be frowned upon, job creation for disillusioned  northern youth, and so many other factors.

If you think all these factors are going to addressed by a 'curse' from a charlatan then all I can say is to wake up from your 'super-natural' delusion and read a book about terrorism.

There are no [b]short [/b]cuts to [b]long [/b]term problems.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dare2think: 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^^

With that analogy, I give up!!!!

Good luck. Hopefully, the bombing will reduce for the sake of humanity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^
What does the virgin birth have to do with Oyedepo's useless curse?

@dekung, forums are great places to share and learn, aren't they?

dare2think:

Boko haram is a result of decades of neglect and bad governance on the part of the federal government and the northern hierarchy. If you think you can use a short cut, 'curse', to address this problem then you are not a realistic person, including your 'man of God'.

The fundamental problem has to be addressed, the northern elites need to educate their kinsmen and children, religion intolerance needs to be frowned upon, job creation for disillusioned  northern youth, and so many other factors.

If you think all these factors are going to addressed by a 'curse' from a charlatan then all I can say is to wake up from your 'super-natural' delusion and read a book about terrorism.

There are no short [/b]cuts to [b]long [/b]term problems.

And especially this:
[b]religion intolerance needs to be frowned upon
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
PA1982:

^^^
What does the virgin birth have to do with Oyedepo's useless curse?

Welcome back from work.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by dekung(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
@PA1982,
Yes forums like this are a great place to learn and are uncommon repositories of knowledge and information. I must be honest, I have learnt a great deal here and am still learning more. My only problem comes when donkeys and snakes start talking and its even worse when they too start contributing in a forum like this. And you can be sure that when they get their paws on the key board the only thing thay will typing is 'thank you skydaddy'. You know what I mean, dont u?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Pukkah: 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
This is another blast in Bauchi! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-881430.0.html even after the COCIN incident.

The man that was killed by church members based on the suspicion that he was with the suicide bomber at COCIN has been discovered to be a church member! shocked https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-881825.0.html

Is the curse working? Res ipsa loquitur - the thing speaks for itself.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
FXKing2012:

Welcome back from work.

You'll have to explain this reply.
I don't have a clue as to what you mean.
My question was sincere- I see no relation between the virgin birth and Oyedepo's pretentious curse.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
PA1982:

You'll have to explain this reply.
I don't have a clue as to what you mean.
My question was sincere- I see no relation between the virgin birth and Oyedepo's pretentious curse.

My reply was equally sincere, was only welcoming you back after a hard day's work.
The correlation btw the virgin birth and Oyedepo's curse has to do with the fact that certain things cannot be explained away logically or scientifically cos they belong in the spiritual realm.
And let's not forget that nobody has been able to prove that it's not the curse that's causing the disarray in the camp of the BH
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by PA1982(f): 7:50am On Feb 29, 2012
^^^
By that logic, we can't prove David Copperfield isn't working against Boko Haram, too.
Get serious.

Oyedepo's posturing can only be called as pertaining to the spiritual realm by someone very, very gullible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Pukkah: 9:09am On Feb 29, 2012
FXKing2012:

My reply was equally sincere, was only welcoming you back after a hard day's work.

And let's not forget that nobody has been able to prove that it's not the curse [b]that's causing the disarray in the camp of the BH
[/b]

Is the unabating bomb of persons and properties what you call a disarray in the camp of BH? Is there anything to suggest that Boko Haram is dying? This has to be confirmed and proved before you rush to ascribe the credit for it to a curse by anyone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by FXKing2012(m): 9:21am On Feb 29, 2012
PA1982:

Oyedepo's posturing can only be called as pertaining to the spiritual realm by someone very, very gullible.

Pls help me understand you very well: are u saying curses, prayers, prophesies, pronouncements, etc by powerful men of God dont work or are u simply saying Oyedepo is fake?

Pukkah:

Is the unabating bomb of persons and properties what you call a disarray in the camp of BH? Is there anything to suggest that Boko Haram is dying? This has to be confirmed and proved before you rush to ascribe the credit for it to a curse by anyone.

The leaders were captured, a splinter group sprang up and many of their plots have failed to yield the expected destruction (such as the recent failed bomb attempts in churches) and all these coming immediately after Bishop's pronouncement shld tell us something.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working by Pukkah: 9:49am On Feb 29, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls help me understand you very well: are u saying curses, prayers, prophesies, pronouncements, etc by powerful men of God dont work or are u simply saying Oyedepo is fake?

The leaders were captured, a splinter group sprang up and many of their plots have failed to yield the expected destruction (such as the recent failed bomb attempts in churches) and all these coming immediately after Bishop's pronouncement shld tell us something.

So the problem of Boko Haram is now less of a security problem compared to the time before your Pastor cursed them? Is the problem less now?

For the purpose of this discussion, I agree that prayers work (in ways that nobody understands) but we must be certain there is an improvement before hurriedly and over-zealously concluding that an unabating problem is over. Won't this amount to laziness, medicority and tardiness? It's like the case of an ostrich that buries its head in sand!

The problem of Boko Haram is still here with us! Yes, some of their so-called leaders have been captured but people are still dying. Do you expect the government and the security forces to rest on their oars on the belief that some curse is working or redouble their efforts towards flushing out these renegades?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Challenges Pastor Who Contracted Him To Give Fake Prophecies (Pix) / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2018 Prophecies: “3 Senators Will Die This Year!” / Grail Message Or Grail Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.