Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Pls Help Me Save My Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help Me Save My Marriage (7238 Views)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Help Me Save My Dad Friends / Please Help Me Save My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by moremi2008(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Abeg, e don do! The crisis is over and the lady is now happily reconciled with her husband. You bitter ladies need to move on! Yes, I am talking to both of you: Ugly Thief and QueenCellulite. grin
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2012
queensmith:

15 slaps? o god! probably what the sufferers tell themselves!

@op- no, he showed no remorse- he's an abuser. thats his psychology and it will take treatment to change it. Your threats won't maintain it's power for long and then see what you will use.

You say you won't take it now but the excuses you give him and yourself now will be expanded to forgive him next time. Like I said before this has all already happened. Your not a first.

Lmao Queensmith. You know you’re a warrior, I can’t fight with you abeg. In fact I like you.

I am not a sufferer o, I won’t stand for that type of thing.
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by queensmith: 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
lol not you!

the ones that suffer from domestic abuse probably believe the same and hang around for the man to kill them!

@ the warrior embarassed embarassed im trying to be calm i just drink too much glucose grin kiss kiss
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
queensmith:

@ the warrior embarassed embarassed im trying to be calm i just drink too much glucose grin kiss kiss

Hahaha! Glucose ehn. Is that what they call it these days? wink grin
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by richgate2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
The first principle of happy marriage is equality. The second
principle is mutual confidence, which can NEVER exist without the
first, for more free info send email to richgateinfo2@gmail.com subject marriage
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by drnoel: 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2012
The man is lucky, in my place he would have had it hot with the ladies family especially if she has brothers.
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by Sagamite(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
Unfortunately, the physical violence is not yet bad enough for me to say end it.

At the same time it is not a good omen.

In this case, there is nothing I can say except it is really up to you. Na you make the choice of man you decided to marry, I no fit help you (at this stage). Completely up to you.

If your husband has a close friend that can come and discuss with (not even chastise, merely discuss with) you why you told your brother he slapped you, then I query your judgement in selecting a man based on the kind of friends he has. No friend of mine, in his right mind o, can tell me to go and represent or defend him for slapping his wife. He would have to be COMPLETELY out of his mind to even consider Sagamite as that candidate.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
Is after death the best time? Like Titilayo?
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Is after death the best time? Like Titilayo?

Is that a question to me or the OP?

Who is Titilayo?
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-701942.0.html

One slap is not sufficient for me to judge confidently that it is a habit.
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Father of husband says he was aware his son had been abusing his wife

[img]http://4.bp..com/-q3tbKLhtGL8/ThmYeQDeZCI/AAAAAAAAEvY/bMfS_CE2pq4/s1600/pix201107092114423.jpg[/img]

The father of Akolade Arowolo, the man suspected to have killed his wife, Titilayo, wept bitterly as his son was arraigned before a Yaba Chief Magistrate’s Court in Lagos on Friday.

Speaking to journalists after the hearing, the father, who identified himself simply as Mr. Arowolo, said he was aware that his son had been abusing his wife and he had, on many occasions, intervened.

He, however, added that the last time he learnt that Akolade beat up Titilayo, he decided not to intervene anymore.

“I have not seen Akolade and Titilayo since January. I decided to stop intervening because I was tired of settling their disputes. So, the last time I was told that Kolade had beaten Titilayo up, I decided I wouldn’t interfere. In fact, in my heart, I was hoping they would just get a divorce.

“It was with dismay that I received news that Akolade had killed his wife. Titilayo was such a nice lady. She used to call my wife a lot because they were quite fond of each other. Some months before this tragic incident, we tried calling her but unfortunately, her phone never went through. It was only later that we discovered that she had changed phones.”

Mr Arowolo pleaded with the immediate family of the deceased to forgive his son for his misdeed.

The case has been adjourned till September 9, 2011 for further hearing. Akolade is at the Ikoyi Prisons. - Punch
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by moremi2008(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
Sagamite:

Unfortunately, the physical violence is not yet bad enough for me to say end it.

At the same time it is not a good omen.

In this case, there is nothing I can say except it is really up to you. Na you make the choice of man you decided to marry, I no fit help you (at this stage). Completely up to you.

If your husband has a close friend that can come and discuss with (not even chastise, merely discuss with) you why you told your brother he slapped you, then I query your judgement in selecting a man based on the kind of friends he has. No friend of mine, in his right mind o, can tell me to go and represent or defend him for slapping his wife. He would have to be COMPLETELY out of his mind to even consider Sagamite as that candidate.

One thousand years after the issue was resolved?! You are right on time as usual!  grin
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
Im not saying that the OP's situation is like Titilayo's. Just putting it out there that ikt might get worse, it might not. we'll see.
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by toaspromo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
Y dont u couple allow ur faiths play the major role in resolving these matter i think dt is d best unless the relationship is not devine then it can not be resolved
Re: Pls Help Me Save My Marriage by slimmingcare(f): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2015
I pray God ll revive your marriage. Every home has its archile s eel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Natural Weight Or Fat Management Therapy / did Your Parents tell You How They Met?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.