Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? (105983 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Photos: Peter Obi Doing Early-Morning Exercise At His Onitsha GRA Home / Gov. Peter Obi Doing Bowling In One Of His World Class Roads (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by 9jalyte: 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
Aldol:

Which better place can you get best feedback if not nairaland. Mind you this is way back in 2012,100% comments made by anambra people

Really, just like you are talking trash now, 5 years time, someone will make reference to it as good evidence. You try, if that is what you know about getting evidence, then we shouldn't be having a discussion.
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by fregeneh(m): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Aldol:

Which better place can you get best feedback if not nairaland. Mind you this is way back in 2012,100% comments made by anambra people
weldon
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Aldol: 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
9jalyte:

Really, just like you are talking trash now, 5 years time, someone will make reference to it as good evidence. You try, if that is what you know about getting evidence, then we shouldn't be having a discussion.
It seem you didn't go through the comments

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Superwave16320: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2022
ayokellany:
What exactly is peter obi doing in Anambra state? angry angry

Am confused to say the least, please someone should tell me because the anambra i visited has degenerated so much, cry
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by backnbeta(f): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Wow! The first few pages are quite something!

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Eteka1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
You guys can now see what the man truly is!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralPula: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
post=113706238:

Iragbiji Tinubu's home town In Osun state, when will TINUBU transform his town to look like Bourdillon Ikoyi, when will Tinubu transform Osun to be like Lagos since he's the one nominating Osun governors, still the state is backward

You can’t blame tinubu for this. He governed lagos, not osun. Or do you mean he was suppose to use Lagos money to develop his own town of origin?

You can only criticize him pon Lagos matter. Now here’s the diff between what you’re saying and what people are saying on the thread :

Peter Obi governed Anambra so the call out is valid. Tinubu didn’t govern osun so your call out is invalid.

Besides that, tinubu isn’t the one nominating osun Governor’s. Osun stakeholders are the ones doing that. I usually laugh when you people think tinubu is usually behind everything. Politics is beyond one man oo. For you to win elections in any state, you need to listen to stakeholders or else, you’re a gonna!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by donbrowser(m): 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
GeneralPula:

You can’t blame tinubu for this. He governed lagos, not osun. Or do you mean he was suppose to use Lagos money to develop his own town of origin?

You can only criticize him pon Lagos matter. Now here’s the diff between what you’re saying and what people are saying on the thread :

Peter Obi governed Anambra so the call out is valid. Tinubu didn’t govern osun so your call out is invalid.

Besides that, tinubu isn’t the one nominating osun Governor’s. Osun stakeholders are the ones doing that. I usually laugh when you people think tinubu is usually behind everything. Politics is beyond one man oo. For you to win elections in any state, you need to listen to stakeholders or else, you’re a gonna!

You're wasting your time on a slow poke.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralPula: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
ihimiray:
So obi was a useless governor

You’ll understand why he was always quoting China statistics during interviews.

Peter Obi didn’t do anything spectacular. Majority of past and present Governor’s of diff state have done and are doing what he did..

One thing I learnt about tinubu is to always do well with power whenever you’re handling it. He did well when he was governing Lagos. He even did things he didn’t mentioned during campaign. You won’t ever find people saying tinubu didn’t do well as a Governor..

He united Nigerians in Lagos. He included and worked with other tribes during his tenure, including Igbos. Part of me still believes tinubu gave Igbos the liberty to call Lagos a no man’s land because of the opportunities he opened for them..

Presidency under Pdp hold Lagos allocations, yet he was able to do things and he was able to pay salaries..

He’s miles ahead of Peter Obi..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Ofemannnu: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
GeneralPula:

You’ll understand why he was always quoting China statistics during interviews.

Peter Obi didn’t do anything spectacular. Majority of past and present Governor’s of diff state have done and are doing what he did.
But why would an Igboman call HE Obi a curse and bad omen for Anambra.?
It is on the 1st page.
That is too harsh now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralPula: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ofemannnu:

But why would an Igboman call HE Obi a curse and bad omen for Anambra.?
It is on the 1st page.
That is too harsh now.

They must have expected much from him but he delivered less.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by beardedboy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
GeneralPula:

In the history of Osun state, there's no governor we can compare with Pandora. They are all beyond him in every way. Well, maybe except in fabricating stats.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralPula: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
beardedboy:

In the history of Osun state, there's no governor we can compare with Pandora. They are all beyond him in every way. Well, maybe except in fabricating stats.

I tell you brother.

Tinubu aside, Peter Obi can’t compete with majority of past and present SW / SS / North Gov’s.

10 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Ofemannnu: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
GeneralPula:

They must have expected much from him but he delivered less.
I thought highly of HE Obi but after going through this thread and having Igbos talk about his incompetence to the level of calling him a curse and a bad omen,I had a second thought...

9 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
GeneralPula:

Tinubus’ greed, lust for power and urge to control would ultimately prove to be his Achilles heel! He’s holding governance in Lagos in a vicelike monkey grip akin to the kind of control a mafia boss would hold over his territory. All the ethnic based politicking you see play out in Lagos every four years is him using ethnicity to try and rally Yoruba to his side so he can continue calling the shots in the state and milking it to enrich himself, his family and his zombie minions otherwise known as agberos!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralPula: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

Tinubus’ greed, lust for power and urge to control would ultimately prove to be his Achilles heel! He’s holding governance in Lagos in a vicelike monkey grip akin to the kind of control a mafia boss would hold over his territory. All the ethnic based politicking you see play out in Lagos every four years is him using ethnicity to try and rally Yoruba to his side so he can continue calling the shots in the state and milking it to enrich himself, his family and his zombie minions otherwise known as agberos!
And you’re quoting me with this jargons?

11 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ofemannnu:

I thought highly of HE Obi but after going through this thread and having Igbos talk about his incompetence to the level of calling him a curse and a bad omen,I had a second thought...

I previously held a not too favourable view of Peter Obi. But with the benefit of hindsight, and now being better informed on what governance entails…esp’ governance in a state that’s almost starting from ground-zero, i now appreciate his efforts during his two terms as governor! He laid a good foundation for the likes of Obiano and Soludo to build on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
GeneralPula:

And you’re quoting me with this jargons?

Yep!
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralDae: 11:04pm On Jul 31, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

I previously held a not too favourable view of Peter Obi. But with the benefit of hindsight, and now being better informed on what governance entails…esp’ governance in a state that’s almost starting from ground-zero, i now appreciate his efforts during his two terms as governor! He laid a good foundation for the likes of Obiano and Soludo to build on!
Let's reason together here and be factual. No matter what Anambra was previously, it is still easier to govern Anambra than Nigeria. Obi tried in Anambra, but I think we expected a bit more considering how hyped he is. What foundation did he lay in Anambra in the following areas:

1) Electricity
2) Roads
3) Education
4) State Security Outfits
5) Control of local Governments
6) Portable Water Supply
7) Attraction of Investors
(cool Broadband connectivity
9) Healthcare
10) Waste Management

He did average in some (Education, Investments, Health), below average on roads and terribly on the others.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by donbrowser(m): 5:55am On Aug 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

Let's reason together here and be factual. No matter what Anambra was previously, it is still easier to Govern Anambra than Nigeria. Obi tried in Anambra, but I think he expected a bit more considering how hyped he is. What foundation did he lay in Anambra in the following areas:

1) Electricity
2) Roads
3) Education
4) State Security Outfits
5) Control of local Governments
6) Portable Water Supply
7) Attraction of Investors
(cool Broadband connectivity
9) Healthcare
10) Waste Management

He did average in some (Education, Investments, Health), below average on roads and terribly on the others.

Remove health sector and investment. The investment went awool while doctors were on strike for 13 months.
I dash him education.

11 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Blessedpalms: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2022
As if it matters anyway

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2022
They naively said the truth about Obi in innocence, that was before contesting for president. He has suddenly turned to messiah without any blemish.
I know some of them will go edit their comments

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Jayoungika: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2022
This is the obi that they want us to give our votes! Eni kuure.. I will rather vote for sowore than someone who failed woefully as a governor.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Greenscientist: 10:30am On Aug 03, 2022
can't this thing make front page?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Moneyboyz: 11:07am On Aug 03, 2022
They should push this to front page again.
Cc seun lalasticlala

Also corrupt delegates have denied us the ability of vote in sensible people that will change Nigeria.
Everyone is fighting for their pockets, now that Nigerians see APC AND PDP as football clubs, elections will revolve around these 2 when it shouldn't be so.

This thread exposed poster obi for who he is, I won't vote Obi, Atiku or ailing Tinubu in 2023.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Starlight252: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
Seriously, i'm confused.
Tinubu sees the presidency as his inheritance, Atiku sees it as a business opportunity while Obi's fellow state indigenes are calling him a curse.

Na where we go con turn to laidis when the 3 biggest contesters are all birds of a feather...

I weep for my country.

Anyways, when you have to pick a choice among three evils, you choose the lesser one.

Let's see how this unfolds
I really hope we don't make another mistake in this country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralDae: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Starlight252:
Seriously, i'm confused.
Tinubu sees the presidency as his inheritance, Atiku sees it as a business opportunity while Obi's fellow state indigenes are calling him a curse.

Na where we go con turn to laidis when the 3 biggest contesters are all birds of a feather...

I weep for my country.

Anyways, when you have to pick a choice among three evils, you choose the lesser one.

I was actually a supporter of Osinbajo, now I nor know who to support.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by donbrowser(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Starlight252:
Seriously, i'm confused.

I weep for my country.

My brother as the thing be like this ehn, I just jejely choose Tinubu because of some works he did in Lagos state most especially improvement in IGR from 600m to 40bn without federal government allocation and his unbias appointments of competent hands. I go manage that one small

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralDae: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
donbrowser:

My brother as the thing be like this ehn, I just jejely choose Tinubu because of some works he did in Lagos state most especially improvement in IGR from 600m to 40bn without federal government allocation and his unbias appointments of competent hands. I go manage that one small
If only the crowd shouting Obi can sit down to tell us what they expect of him. I visited Anambra in 2014 and I heard from folks he was a good Governor, but personally I am yet to see that outstanding trademark of Obi that corresponds to the hype.

What I hear is that he renovated some teaching Hospitals and built some roads or bought 120 laptops for primary school children. But even Amaechi and Yahaya Bello have more outstanding achievements than that in my opinion, so I don't get what the hype is all about.

The only thing I may appreciate Obi for is if he truly makes Government simple by reducing the cost of politics and Governance. He seem to be more likely to pursue that with the Senate out of the three candidates. Other than that, I see nothing special in him as of yet.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by donbrowser(m): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
GeneralDae:

If only the crowd shouting Obi can sit down to tell us what they expect of him. I visited Anambra in 2014 and I heard from folks he was a good Governor, but personally I am yet to see that outstanding trademark of Obi that corresponds to the hype.

What I hear is that he renovated some teaching Hospitals and built some roads or bought 120 laptops for primary school children. But even Amaechi and Yahaya Bello have more outstanding achievements than that in my opinion, so I don't get what the hype is all about.

The only thing I may appreciate Obi for is if he truly makes Government simple by reducing the cost of politics and Governance. He seem to be more likely to pursue that with the Senate out of the three candidates. Other than that, I see nothing special in him as of yet.

You're even going too far. He was governor of Anambra state when Fashola was governor of Lagos state we know how Lagosians begged Fashola for a 2nd term. I can't even remember him being among top 10 in Nigeria then. He's just a hype

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralDae: 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
donbrowser:

You're even going too far. He was governor of Anambra state when Fashola was governor of Lagos state we know how Lagosians begged Fashola for a 2nd term. I can't even remember him being among top 10 in Nigeria then. He's just a hype
But Obi supporters would say Lagos already has good foundation and was once a capital with all the ports. This is why I don't use Lagos in most of my arguments with them. I try to draw comparison with the likes of Kogi and Ebonyi so they have fewer excuses.

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by donbrowser(m): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
GeneralDae:

But Obi supporters would say Lagos already has good foundation and was once a capital with all the ports. This is why I don't use Lagos in most of my arguments with them. I try to draw comparison with the likes of Kogi and Ebonyi so they have fewer excuses.

Ask them why Lagos teachers were on 2 terms strike when Tinubu became governor of Lagos state and he resolved it in less than a month. Ask them if Lagos had any private electricity project before Tinubu came on board. Ask them if there was ever any talk of Eko Atlantic and Lekki deep seaport before Tinubu came on board. Ask them how much Lagos was generating and if Lagos could survive without federal government allocation. Ask them how many sectors under Lagos state government was recruiting and how many more were created by Tinubu. Ask many of them how much they paid for school fees under Tinubu.

Tinubu has a lot of flaws but when it comes to governance and putting Square pegs in square holes, I respect him.

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (45) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Patience Jonathan Handshake (Photos) / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.