Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,723 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8688508 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10017) (10018) (10019) (10020) (10021) (10022) (10023) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2021
larride:

Yes.

2016/2017
2017/2018
Let me help him rephrase....
Since SAF retired, have we qualified for the UCL via the league 2 seasons in a row?? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
eleshin:

You gazt retire before 2020 to be eligible. Dunno why Giggs no dey sha.
I doubt FA will induct someone who shagged his brother's wife into a hall of fame. Na bad precedent

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jargooflife912(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
LOL just LOL
Jodera:
Lol... If the striker doesn't even improve the other aspects of his game, even the 30goals a season he's seeing, he won't even get a sniff of it.
Like I said, modern football needs more than just scoring goals. It has evolve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
jargooflife912:
LOL just LOL
I know the Lol is your Lol of disbelief. Like you don't believe a striker who can score goals only without adding anything else won't go far.

Well, let's just say we have our differing opinions. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eleshin(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lana1:
I doubt FA will induct someone who shagged his brother's wife into a hall of fame. Na bad precedent
Valid point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
That's how we sold Lukaku and kept Martial over this stupid ball-playing-striker tag

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
Expert17:
That's how we sold Lukaku and kept Martial over this stupid ball-playing-striker tag

You still don't want to accept that every and each coach has their player's preference and style right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2021
KingAlabi:

Answering my question with a question, well they are not supposed to be 7th based on their quality.

So based on our quality where are we ought to be on the league table?
Just letting you know that a lot of things contribute to some situations and position in football. There are a lot of ifs.

And to answer your question, I do believe we have a team that can challenge for the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Errrm....I remember Martin Jol's time at Spurs to some extent but was he really sacked at half time? shocked shocked

That's next level savagery grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Football is dog kill dog the richer ones eat the weaker ones all over the world. That is why its hard to buy a top player from Madrid or City because they have money

Since you have identified money as the issue, how do other Buli sides have the money to challenge Bayern, Since if they dont have money they lose their top players whether to Bayern or someone else, they end up being weaker

Bayern already signified to Naggelsman when he was at Hoffenheim and he told them he needed more experience before he can manage a top club, One of the Spanish top clubs also reached out to him and he told them the same thing

Now Bayern has a need and Naggelsman has the experience

What is your solution? Is it that Bayern must never buy players from Bundesliga and if that is, whch other team has that type of law guarding it?

The system needs to provide a more leveled playing ground. Bayern is strong because of this same system. BuLi was fairly competitive until the 50+1 rule was introduced around 1999. 10 years later Bayern got the league on lockdown. They played it smart and efficient. BvB, Wolfsburg and other teams weren’t serious then.

Unfortunately , now it’s too late for them to catch up with Bayern. Bayern don’t even need the league money for them to stay ahead of the other teams.

This system of rewarding teams based on their position for the last 5 seasons favors Bayern the most. 5 years is too much. How about a year or two at most?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chelsea fit just go win dis CL o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2021
Tuchel has really done a good job at Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
jinxed it, weed takers pull ffs! grin
fvck tuchel. fvcking rentboiz grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
Leyqute:

The system needs to provide a more leveled playing ground. Bayern is strong because of this same system. BuLi was fairly competitive until the 50+1 rule was introduced around 1999. 10 years later Bayern got the league on lockdown. They played it smart and efficient. BvB, Wolfsburg and other teams weren’t serious then.

Unfortunately , now it’s too late for them to catch up with Bayern. Bayern don’t even need the league money for them to stay ahead of the other teams.

This system of rewarding teams based on their position for the last 5 seasons favors Bayern the most. 5 years is too much. How about a year or two at most?

How can they provide a more level playing ground? They share more the same way other leagues share it rewarding top and not bottom.
The 5 rule rule ensures that steady teams who falter one season dont get punished. Like I asked,

If the season finish this way in Germany, Dortmund will still get good money because of their performance from previous seasons which rewards consistency over flukes rather than one off teams like Wolfsburg and Frankfurt

If you want to challenge City, who do you think has the capacity to do it better Liverpool or West Ham, Chelsea or Leicester (If current table is how the season ends)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2021
larride:

Yes.

2016/2017
2017/2018
That's true, we qualified through Europa and then finished 2nd the next season.

But since Fergie retired, we haven't had any consecutive top 4 finish. Having it now is at least something and we can only move upward from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
handelex:
That's true, we qualified through Europa and then finished 2nd the next season.

But since Fergie retired, we haven't had any consecutive top 4 finish. Having it now is at least something and we can only move upward from there.
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

How can they provide a more level playing ground? They share more the same way other leagues share it rewarding top and not bottom.
The 5 rule rule ensures that steady teams who falter one season dont get punished. Like I asked,

If the season finish this way in Germany, Dortmund will still get good money because of their performance from previous seasons which rewards consistency over flukes rather than one off teams like Wolfsburg and Frankfurt

If you want to challenge City, who do you think has the capacity to do it better Liverpool or West Ham, Chelsea or Leicester (If current table is how the season ends)

The 5 year points rule helps teams who are finding it hard to stay afloat but it is detriment to any team aiming to compete with Bayern on a regular, what with the way Bayern are miles ahead of everyone else.

Bayern are also making the most of the situation by weakening any upcoming rival just because they bloody damn well can do it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Raumdeuter.

Teams make too 4 in the EPL and still falter the next season, despite not having to sell any players. If the EPL utilizes the 5year points rule, breaking into the top 4 will be harder and any team that makes that big leap will falter woefully the next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
weedtaker:
lol
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lana1:
Let me help him rephrase....
Since SAF retired, have we qualified for the UCL via the league 2 seasons in a row?? grin

Let me help him rephrase

Since SAF retired, how many times have we played in the Europa league back to back?

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2021
larride:

Let me help him rephrase

Since SAF retired, how many times have we played in the Europa league back to back?
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
This Werner na some sort of bad market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2021
larride:

Let me help him rephrase

Larride on the beats...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2021
larride:

Let me help him rephrase

The point is we need to consistently make the top 4 without hassle. It should be the barest minimum as far as the league is concerned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
larride:

Let me help him rephrase

Let me rephrase...since SAF retired how many times have we finished top 3 back to back? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
eph12:

Just letting you know that a lot of things contribute to some situations and position in football. There are a lot of ifs.

And to answer your question, I do believe we have a team that can challenge for the league.
Did we challenge for the league this season?

If no, winning the league is different from challenging for the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
Jodera:
You still don't want to accept that every and each coach has their player's preference and style right?
That language too much for am, break am down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
handelex:
The point is we need to consistently make the top 4 without hassle. It should be the barest minimum as far as the league is concerned.

No. We need to finish 6th next season so we can win community shield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lana1:
Let me rephrase...since SAF retired how many times have we finished top 3 back to back? cheesy

Let me rephrase

Since SAF retired, among managers that has used more than a year with us, which one of them has gone trophyless? grin

Since SAF retired, which manager has the highest point total in the league? grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lana1:
No. We need to finish 6th next season so we can win community shield.

To play the community shield, you actually have to win either the league or the FA Cup, we already know it’s out of your manager scope. Don’t worry cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lana1:
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10017) (10018) (10019) (10020) (10021) (10022) (10023) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Cuddler, patrickmuf(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.