Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774340 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10019) (10020) (10021) (10022) (10023) (10024) (10025) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
TrebleChamp:
End bá wo? Same trophy Mourinho won, and Olesexuals named Yoruba League. Winning the EPL naim be Ole's only saving grace...

How do you feel comfortable using the word ‘Olesexual’? Wow

Well, if the Europa League is won, everyone should finally stfu while we focus on cups that truly matter. After all, that’s the peak of your MCMs time here, even though he chose finishing 2nd as his greatest achievement with United.

Carling, Community Shield etc. are all being mentioned because the team is starved of real trophies.

However, if you feel the need to drag it on, by all means do so. Hopefully you guys take this thread to 20k pages repeating the same thing everyday.

Disliking Ole won’t change anything. Y’all take your L on Mou and have a seat lmao

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Well, if the Europa League is won, everyone should finally stfu while we focus on cups that truly matter.

Carling, Community Shield etc. are all being mentioned because the team is starved of real trophies.

However, if you feel the need to drag it on, by all means do so. Hopefully you guys take this thread to 20k pages repeating the same thing everyday lmao

Easy easy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
KingAlabi:

Easy easy grin grin

I rarely come here, but whenever I do, it’s the same content, nothing new. Win, lose, draw.. doesn’t matter.

Everyone claims not to haul insults when conversing, but feel very comfortable using ‘Olesexual’ repeatedly. So much for ‘maturity’.

As ChristineC opined, even robots break down at some point.

P.S: Anyone pushed to quote me should please do it with something smart, not regurgitated content.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
Android17:

Bring 1 link showing United as second favorites. You are simply making things up. I can show you links with Arsenal 1 and Chelsea 2 or Chelsea 1 and Arsenal 2. And just before you claim "next season" meant 2005/06, I sent another screenshot with the date. The next season being referred to here was the one to begin Aug 2004.

Look at you moving the goalpost again. After banging your chest several times that Chelsea were favorites to win the PL, you are now saying it’s between Chelsea and Arsenal.

There can only be one favorite to win the PL and Arsenal were the outright favorites to win it after completing their invincible season.

These are the PL season’s outright favorites from 2003/4 to 2019/20. The link you showed is one bookie out of about 20 bookies in the country.

Like I said, no general consensus gave Mourinho any chance when he arrived, Arsenal were the out and out favorites to win the PL after completing the 03/04 season unbeaten.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13458515_706e39fa89c0499f9e5d6a4e2363ea05_png2bada0974ace7ca04c06864b71a4b51b

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2021
GloryIsaac:

I rarely come here, but whenever I do, it’s the same content, nothing new. Win, lose, draw.. doesn’t matter.

Everyone claims not to haul insults when conversing, but feel very comfortable using ‘Olesexual’ repeatedly. So much for ‘maturity’.

As ChristineC opined, even robots break down at some point.

They feel the word sexual is cool and sounds funny, at a time in the past I had to make a marker, but who cares after all.

For the round and round argument, I do engage some times, especially when I see something that rattles me.

We will definitely see better days.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
eph12:

I miss Lampard
As in.. The way tuchel transformed them defensively without packing the bus should be applauded.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Well, if the Europa League is won, everyone should finally stfu while we focus on cups that truly matter. After all, that’s the peak of your MCMs time here, even though he chose finishing 2nd as his greatest achievement with United.

However, if you feel the need to drag it on, by all means do so. Hopefully you guys take this thread to 20k pages repeating the same thing everyday.

Disliking Ole won’t change anything. Y’all take your L on Mou and have a seat lmao

I really don’t think you or anyone else have the rights to dictate what other people should post. If you don’t like the fact that some United fans are upset about the PE teacher’s performance, just skip to the next comment. You don’t have to read anti-Ole comments.

What you are trying to do is to shut people up because you don’t agree with their stance. Isn’t this how people become dictators? If you think Ole is over-performing and the criticisms are unwarranted, all you have to do is prove it with logic/facts instead of gaslighting us with sermons about maturity.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
KingAlabi:

They feel the word sexual is cool and sounds funny, at a time in the past I had to make a marker, but who cares after all.

For the round and round argument, I do engage some times, especially when I see something that rattles me.

We will definitely see better days.

It’s quite funny.

We ain’t even sure we’ll win the Europa yet, still potentially have Villarreal to tackle if we get past Roma, yet folks have already set aside an excuse (irrespective of the results) to keep repeating the same thing till end of next season.

Which means by April next year, we’ll probably still be seeing same content here pfft
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
Illimitable:

I really don’t think you or anyone else have the rights to dictate what other people should post. If you don’t like the fact that some United fans are upset about the PE teacher’s performance, just skip to the next comment. You don’t have to read anti-Ole comments.

What you are trying to do is to shut people up because you don’t agree with their stance. Isn’t this how people become dictators? If you think Ole is over-performing and the criticisms are unwarranted, all you have to do is prove it with logic/facts instead of gaslighting us with sermons about maturity.

I have to say, this comment is funny. cheesy for real!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 28, 2021
Illimitable:

At least you didn’t insult me, that’s commendable.

No one thinks Ole is over performing, dig comments if you wish.

And don’t act like you didn’t see the replies to if the Europa League is won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:06am On Apr 28, 2021
GloryIsaac:

If the Europa league is won, Ole would get the same disdain Mourinho got for winning it. It’s that simple.

On this same thread, we were told winning Europa league is not an achievement. People actually said Europa, Carling Cup and the Community shield are useless trophies.

So if the favor is returned to Ole, I really don’t think you can complain. We either agree unanimously that these trophies are worthy or they aren’t. Olesexuals have said the trophies are useless so should Ole win the Europa, the general consensus shall be he won a useless trophy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 28, 2021
Illimitable:

If the Europa league is won, Ole would get the same disdain Mourinho got for winning it. It’s that simple.

On this same thread, we were told winning Europa league is not an achievement. People actually said Europa, Carling Cup and the Community shield are useless trophies.

So if the favor is returned to Ole, I really don’t think you can complain. We either agree unanimously that these trophies are worthy or they aren’t. Olesexuals have said the trophies are useless so should Ole win the Europa, the general consensus shall be he won a useless trophy.

Have fun G.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2021
Illimitable:

Look at you moving the goalpost again. After banging your chest several times that Chelsea were favorites to win the PL, you are now saying it’s between Chelsea and Arsenal.

There can only be one favorite to win the PL and Arsenal were the outright favorites to win it after completing their invincible season.

These are the PL season’s outright favorites from 2003/4 to 2019/20. The link you showed is one bookie out of about 20 bookies in the country.

Like I said, no general consensus gave Mourinho any chance when he arrived, Arsenal were the out and out favorites to win the PL after completing the 03/04 season unbeaten.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13458515_706e39fa89c0499f9e5d6a4e2363ea05_png2bada0974ace7ca04c06864b71a4b51b

lol

You said NOBODY gave Chelsea under Mourinho a chance. I said it is a LIE that it was POLARIZING between Chelsea and Arsenal but that Chelsea NUDGED it. You never said there was no general consensus, you lied that NOBODY thought Chelsea stood a chance which has now been proven to be a lie. This image you posted, I know it and that is just another bookie that gave Arsenal an 11/10 odd, Chelsea had the next best one and United were a distant third. As soon as I challenged you to provide any link showing United as second, you tried and failed woefully to change the argument into something else.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:16am On Apr 28, 2021
raumdeuter:

Look at this table and tell me the difference in Euros between Bayern and say Hoffenheim who is 5th. its about 7M, Despite Bayern being top and Hoffenheim ended outside top 4

So is 7M going to be the difference.

So if Bayern as the winner gets 72M what should the 5th placed Hoffenheim get to be fair in your books

You don’t get my point. You think I’m particular about recent years when the damage was done decades ago.

Never mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:16am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

Some point?

Some point means just 3-7 matchs day

We have a challenging team currently in my opinion, we just go higher from here(expectations though)
So the 3-7 match day does not count?

I said we challenged, you complained. Then you turn around to say we already have a challenging team.

In my opinion, though we challenged, we're still not good enough as a team. We still have a lot of work to do

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:19am On Apr 28, 2021
weedtaker:
As in.. The way tuchel transformed them defensively without packing the bus should be applauded.
You can just see the energy in the team. That's what a nagelsmann would have guaranteed us. The other day, they matched City without packing the bus. Very impressive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:47am On Apr 28, 2021
GloryIsaac:

That's the thing with you, you conveniently ignore the comments of Ole fans here who ridiculed Mourinho's UEL win with us in a bid to make Mourinho look like a failure but when others say they'll do same if Ole wins it, it becomes a problem for you...

You come to Manchester United thread and see fans ridiculing Mourinho who was sacked by Spurs, same thing happened with Lampard and even Pochettino just because they have been compared to Ole in the past. Nagelsmann would've gotten the same treatment if not that he moved a step up and I'm sure they're folks here who will be hoping he fails at Bayern so they can come here and ridicule him as well...After we beat Leipzig at Old Trafford, I remember vividly how Ole fans dropped subliminals here just because some of us had championed the idea that Nagelsmann should replace Ole but when we lost that all important game that sent us out of the UCL, everyone suddenly forgot Nagelsmann was coach of Leipzig...The same folks who ridiculed Nagelsmann are now complaining that Bayern has weakened Leipzig, how exactly? Is Nagelsmann now so good all of a sudden?

Same thing played out last season when I recommended Danny Inngs but he has gone on to do very well for Soton in that period.

The only reason Ole is still the coach here is because we have dropped our standards...Lampard finished in the top 4 without making any signing and reached the FA Cup final last season. This season, he coached Chelsea to reach the UCL knock out and before his sack, Chelsea were still in with a chance to make top 4 but he got the sack nevertheless because Chelsea expected more after the splash in the summer. Now, between last season and this one, we (Man Utd and Chelsea) have spent almost the same amount on player acquisition but suddenly it loos like Chelsea have spent more just because Abramovich shunned sentiments and Lampard was shown the door, nobody talked about the progress made last season or whatever, it was clear he was underachieving with the players at his disposal this season. With Tuchel, Manchester United fans are all of a sudden saying Havertz, Ziyech and James entered the fray yesterday without a drop in quality, who would have said same if Lampard was still in charge?

Mourinho? Before his sack, Spurs were in the Caraboa cup final and were still in with a chance to make the top 4 but the reaction here would make it seem like Spurs were battling relegation. He was sacked regardless but nobody talked about progress made last season or the fact they they stood a strong chance to make top 4 and win a trophy after a long period of time...

We see folks celebrating funny stats here whilst our peers are making tremendous progress towards winning trophies...Next season, we will know truly where we stand when Liverpool have their CB issue sorted out with the return of Gomez and VVD and Chelsea give it another go.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:06am On Apr 28, 2021
Leyqute:

You don’t get my point. You think I’m particular about recent years when the damage was done decades ago.

Never mind.

What damage was done decades ago? Sharing money and giving priority to those teams who are consistent is the damage?

What will be a fair sharing formula assuming the revenue posted was last yr, 5yrs ago 10yrs ago or 20yrs ago?

Bayern the winner got 72m, 5th place got 65m you think that isn't fair, what would have been a fair amount to give the 5th placed team if first earns say 50m or 30m. It's not complicated

My point is Bundesliga revenue sharing is not the problem, you insist TV revenue sharing is. Which is why I am asking what will be fair in your opinion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:49am On Apr 28, 2021
eph12:

You can just see the energy in the team. That's what a nagelsmann would have guaranteed us. The other day, they matched City without packing the bus. Very impressive
Yea, It is.

I don't think his PsG team really implements tuchels ideas, I think he doesn't work well with super stars with egos, reason why despite his success at PSG I still wasn't convinced we were seeing his best.

At Chelsea he met a group of players who are quite the opposite of his Paris team, players with humility where he's the big dog, they'll be much stronger if they get a striker that can actually finish, he can really challenge city for the title.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2021
weedtaker:
Yea, It is.

I don't think his PsG team really implements tuchels ideas, I think he doesn't work well with super stars with egos, reason why despite his success at PSG I still wasn't convinced we were seeing his best.

At Chelsea he met a group of players who are quite the opposite of his Paris team, players with humility where he's the big dog, they'll be much stronger if they get a striker that can actually finish, he can really challenge city for the title.
It's the only reason I am kind of unsure of PSG's chances against City. Neymar and Mbappe, will they be willing to work their socks off for the team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:51am On Apr 28, 2021
eph12:

So the 3-7 match day does not count?

I said we challenged, you complained. Then you turn around to say we already have a challenging team.

In my opinion, though we challenged, we're still not good enough as a team. We still have a lot of work to do

What I meant by that @bolded is that even Southampton were Challengers for the league at some point, Aston villa to, we were Challenger for a long while till mancity ran away with it, using at some point doesn't sit well with me.

You said we challenged, but I feel we are a challenging team already.

All we need as a team is consistency in cup competition and also try to reduce our draws in league matches, and edge out wins more.

In my view, we have been pretty consistent in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:55am On Apr 28, 2021
GloryIsaac:

It’s quite funny.

We ain’t even sure we’ll win the Europa yet, still potentially have Villarreal to tackle if we get past Roma, yet folks have already set aside an excuse (irrespective of the results) to keep repeating the same thing till end of next season.

Which means by April next year, we’ll probably still be seeing same content here pfft
The thing now is that win or not in the Europa league, they will still drop shiits all over here.

If we win
You oleinners said the Europa league is a tissue trophy, ole has done nothing yet with this squad he should be winning every match 5:0 and also carry the UCL undefeated in the run.

If we loose
Ole the bottler, oleinners Lord and personal saviour can't even win the common Europa league.

It is tiring honestly, most time I ask myself if they don't think before they post.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:58am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
It's the only reason I am kind of unsure of PSG's chances against City. Neymar and Mbappe, will they be willing to work their socks off for the team?
I think they should, poch should drum it in their ears, dis is not Barcelona or Bayern that will try to give you some share of possession, Manchester city will try to pass you to death by any means possible, the cup final against spurs should give them an idea of what's to come.

They have come so far and really stand a chance of winning the CL with one of the star players winning the balon d'or as a big bonus.

personally I see them winning the tie cuz city have their own demons in the CL.. Pep might just be an arrogant pr!ck and play a high-line against them and get torn to shreds grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:03am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

The thing now is that win or not in the Europa league, they will still drop shiits all over here.

If we win
You oleinners said the Europa league is a tissue trophy, ole has done nothing yet with this squad he should be winning every match 5:0 and also carry the UCL undefeated in the run.

If we loose
Ole the bottler, oleinners Lord and personal saviour can't even win the common Europa league.

It is tiring honestly, most time I ask myself if they don't think before they post.
none of dis will happen if Ole wins the Europa league, all Manchester united fans will celebrate it, you guys take dis fake fans and real fans thing to serious.

Winning the EL will be a welcome development Micky mouse trophy or not, it will instill a winning mentality to the team, and also gives us another shot to win another trophy in the super cup.

Una fit use super cup brag since Jose never win that one before cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:05am On Apr 28, 2021
Illimitable:

I don't see why you guys don't still understand the point even if it is glaring, if I hire guardiola and he wins the Europa league at United, I will be happy AS A FAN, but that's not the expectations AS A FAN, I will have for guardiola.

When mou was brought in we wanted to win the best around because we know his achievements as a coach and he can take us there, he won the Carling cup, community shield and Europa league, as a fan we will celebrate winning a trophy, but have our expectations been met?

Back to ole, what was the expectations when ole was employing as a coach of his pedigree?

Mine: to stabilize the team that was negated under mou, build a winning team and if he can't bring the trophies after that, then he fvcks off for a better attacking coach of a better pedigree to deliver the trophies with the proposed winning squad.

Has amaka(ole) done this?, yes but it came with heart breaks.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2021
weedtaker:
Yea, It is.

My only problem with the current Chelsea team is scoring goals, if Werner can go back to planting okazi in Berlin and Chelsea gets a better striker. Hmmmmmmm. lipsrsealed

They are defensive strong thou, their packing of bus is more like, the more you look the less you see. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:12am On Apr 28, 2021
weedtaker:
none of dis will happen if Ole wins the Europa league, all Manchester united fans will celebrate it, you guys take dis fake fans and real fans thing to serious.

Winning the EL will be a welcome development Micky mouse trophy or not, it will instill a winning mentality to the team, and also gives us another shot to win another trophy in the super cup.

Una fit use super cup brag since Jose never win that one before cheesy

Na here we dey, and I go quote you IF we win am and vayolence erupts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2021
weedtaker:
I think they should, poch should drum it in their ears, dis is not Barcelona or Bayern that will try to give you some share of possession, Manchester city will try to pass you to death by any means possible, the cup final against spurs should give them an idea of what's to come.

They have come so far and really stand a chance of winning the CL with one of the star players winning the balon d'or as a big bonus.

personally I see them winning the tie cuz city have their own demons in the CL.. Pep might just be an arrogant pr!ck and play a high-line against them and get torn to shreds grin
Pep will likely play Fernandinho, Rodri, Gundogan and De Bruyne (False 9) complimented by Mahrez and Foden on either side to ensure they soffocate PSG of the ball whilst still being a threat going forward...

Highline? Not the current Pep, man has learnt his lesson but still I expect Neymar, Di Maria and Mbappe to trouble City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
Pep will likely play Fernandinho, Rodri, Gundogan and De Bruyne (False 9) complimented by Mahrez and Foden on either side to ensure they soffocate PSG of the ball whilst still being a threat going forward...

Highline? Not the current Pep, man has learnt his lesson but still I expect Neymar, Di Maria and Mbappe to trouble City.
It will be an interesting watch, the last time they [both managers] met at the CL, poche was triumphant in quite a controversial tie.

I still want PSG to advance, neymar for balon d'or.. A CL win and a copa america win should seal it for him, mbappe though is still the favorite.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
maybe u have forgotten its d same PSG under poch dat demolished Barca and Bayern munic,,,man city stand no chance against PSG, I'm very sure of dat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2021
GloryIsaac:

As Christin eC opined, even robots break down at some point.

P.S: Anyone pushed to quote me should please do it with something smart, not regurgitated content.

You are a bloody olesexual.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2021
I love the hypocrisy of these olesexuals and the media.

When mou won it , it was a mickey mouse cup..

But if ole gollum wins it, they wants us to celebrate it and give him more years..

God forbid i celebrate ole winning yorupa league. He should do better than his predecessor.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10019) (10020) (10021) (10022) (10023) (10024) (10025) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Pegasus01, Chasicolis(f), Shegzdave and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.