Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8773285 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10020) (10021) (10022) (10023) (10024) (10025) (10026) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 9:10am On Apr 28, 2021
larride:

To play the community shield, you actually have to win either the league or the FA Cup, we already know it’s out of your manager scope. Don’t worry cheesy

Hahaha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2021
weedtaker:
Yea, It is.

I don't think his PsG team really implements tuchels ideas, I think he doesn't work well with super stars with egos, reason why despite his success at PSG I still wasn't convinced we were seeing his best.

At Chelsea he met a group of players who are quite the opposite of his Paris team, players with humility where he's the big dog, they'll be much stronger if they get a striker that can actually finish, he can really challenge city for the title.

However experience has taught us that the team can go sideways next season just when we expect them to do well. I hope that's the case sha grin

But from all indications, they should actually do very well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

What I meant by that @bolded is that even Southampton were Challengers for the league at some point, Aston villa to, we were Challenger for a long while till mancity ran away with it, using at some point doesn't sit well with me.

You said we challenged, but I feel we are a challenging team already.

All we need as a team is consistency in cup competition and also try to reduce our draws in league matches, and edge out wins more.

In my view, we have been pretty consistent in the league.
I'll be waiting to see our performance and result against Roma. We really need to go past the semi final stage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2021
eph12:

I'll be waiting to see our performance and result against Roma. We really need to go past the semi final stage
Yeah we really need to, that is the next step.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2021
eph12:

However experience has taught us that the team can go sideways next season just when we expect them to do well. I hope that's the case sha grin

But from all indications, they should actually do very well
my own is.. he should just fall out with Abrahimovic and kuku get the sack grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:22am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

I don't see why you guys don't still understand the point even if it is glaring, if I hire guardiola and he wins the Europa league at United, I will be happy AS A FAN, but that's not the expectations AS A FAN, I will have for guardiola.

When mou was brought in we wanted to win the best around because we know his achievements as a coach and he can take us there, he won the Carling cup, community shield and Europa league, as a fan we will celebrate winning a trophy, but have our expectations been met?

Back to ole, what was the expectations when ole was employing as a coach of his pedigree?

Mine: to stabilize the team that was negated under mou, build a winning team and if he can't bring the trophies after that, then he fvcks off for a better attacking coach of a better pedigree to deliver the trophies with the proposed winning squad.

Has amaka(ole) done this?, yes but it came with heart breaks.
This is exactly what most people here have been misunderstanding what you guys have been meaning since. It's like hiring guardiola and he is winning only carabao cup grin. Truly fans will be happy but as a top club, what is needed is more. Some people here are even alluding pep time at Bayern as failure cos he didn't win the champions league. Even the board of Bayern might feel pep underachieved but did that stop them from celebrating the double he is winning at Germany almost every year?
Even arsenal fans then was still trending #arseneout# then even with the back to back fa cup we won.

Sha, everybody with their agenda. Na here we bin dey when people call klopp bottler for Liverpool before he carried his champions league and then other trophies followed. I remember how that argument been swallow pages here.

Sha for the sake of my beloved arsenal, I hope you guys lose to Roma and we win the Europa tongue.
You guys can think of trophy next season abeg grin grin. After all, some guys here no even want the Yoruba cup

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2021
macjireh:

maybe u have forgotten its d same PSG under poch dat demolished Barca and Bayern munic,,,man city stand no chance against PSG, I'm very sure of dat
Demolished Bayern? Sure we watched the same game?

Check their 2nd leg performance vs Barca and you'd see a team that struggles under pressure. If Messi had scored the pen, it'd have been a long night for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2021
Jodera:
This is exactly what most people here have been misunderstanding what you guys have been meaning since. It's like hiring guardiola and he is winning only carabao cup grin. Truly fans will be happy but as a top club, what is needed is more. Some people here are even alluding pep time at Bayern as failure cos he didn't win the champions league. Even the board of Bayern might feel pep underachieved but did that stop them from celebrating the double he is winning at Germany almost every year?
Even arsenal fans then was still trending #arseneout# then even with the back to back fa cup we won.

Sha, everybody with their agenda. Na here we bin dey when people call klopp bottler for Liverpool before he carried his champions league and then other trophies followed. I remember how that argument been swallow pages here.

Sha for the sake of my beloved arsenal, I hope you guys lose to Roma and we win the Europa tongue.
You guys can think of trophy next season abeg grin grin. After all, some guys here no even want the Yoruba cup
Maybe we have to say it in their respective native languages for them to understand, I just don't know.

As for the bolded, Villarreal will do the Lord's work for us. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:34am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

Check their 2nd leg performance vs Barca and you'd see a team that struggles under pressure. If Messi had scored the pen, it'd have been a long night for them.
Even the first leg sef, the kind of chances Bayern missed, even PSG will thank their stars. A lewandowski in that first leg would have seen Bayern pitting up with man city instead of PSG

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

Maybe we have to say it in their respective native languages for them to understand, I just don't know.

As for the bolded, Villarreal will do the Lord's work for us.
cheesy cheesy
Lol... Shey na tomorrow.
If not we go do "2nd leg comeback" grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2021
Jodera:

Was Mourinho supposed to lose the UEL just because he is bigger than the competition? He came and met us in the UEL and won it for us, the only trophy that was seldom missing in our trophy cabinet.

He won the Caraboa cup and if not for the brilliance of Hazard or better put, the stupidity of Jones, he would have also won the FA Cup all that with the 3rd/4th best squad in the league.

I keep reading excuses that Ole was brought in to stabilize the team, like how badly were we doing compared to Tuchel who took over a struggling Chelsea? Why are we not hearing excuses that Tuchel was brought in to stabilize the ship? Well, it's because he has shown that you can come in and improve the confidence of players whilst still aiming for trophies but here, all we here is process, process, process...If you say Tuchel is a top manager, why then was Ole hired? Is he the first rookie (He isn't even a rookie) to be handed such a role? What experience did Zidane have before his appointment? Can you compare it to Ole's? How about Pep when he was appointed by Barcelona? Why is it that with Ole all we hear is excuses, same excuses that no one put forth for the other managers before him.

Pray tell, seeing what Mourinho achieved in his short spell here and what Ole has achieved thus far, who would you rather back in the transfer market if you called the shots?

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Beorn: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

No mind the guy, he was watching back of TV.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

Even at dat,,City can't be compared to Bayern...I don't see how city will pass thru PSG to d finals IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2021
Who would have thought Chelsea could go to Madrid and come out unscathed?

We didn't hear how great Madrid midfield is because Chelsea has got a good tactician. In a short time, he has turned Chelsea into one of the most difficult teams to beat. He has done this with the same players that looked bad under Lampard but here, we come up with excuses for Ole everytime. When you call for his head, they'll ask you who is out there that can replace Ole as if Tuchel just fell from the heavens...Nqgelmann has been taken but it's only when it involves Manchester United that you begin to feel like there's no good coach available...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Shey na tomorrow.
If not we go do "2nd leg comeback" grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:10am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

We didn't hear how great Madrid midfield is because Chelsea has got a good tactician. In a short time, he has turned Chelsea into one of the most difficult teams to beat. He has done this with the same players that looked bad under Lampard but here, we come up with excuses for Ole everytime. When you call for his head, they'll ask you who is out there that can replace Ole as if Tuchel just fell from the heavens...Nqgelmann has been taken but it's only when it involves Manchester United that you begin to feel like there's no good coach available...
Our owners are okay with just top 4 finish, the day you grasp dis is the day you'll either have rest of mind or you'll travel to england and carry your Glazers out! placard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2021
grin grin grin
If it is so common, why didn't mou do it with totoham?
Or klopp when he first enter Liverpool?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
That's the thing with you, you conveniently ignore the comments of Ole fans here who ridiculed Mourinho's UEL win with us in a bid to make Mourinho look like a failure but when others say they'll do same if Ole wins it, it becomes a problem for you...

You come to Manchester United thread and see fans ridiculing Mourinho who was sacked by Spurs, same thing happened with Lampard and even Pochettino just because they have been compared to Ole in the past. Nagelsmann would've gotten the same treatment if not that he moved a step up and I'm sure they're folks here who will be hoping he fails at Bayern so they can come here and ridicule him as well...After we beat Leipzig at Old Trafford, I remember vividly how Ole fans dropped subliminals here just because some of us had championed the idea that Nagelsmann should replace Ole but when we lost that all important game that sent us out of the UCL, everyone suddenly forgot Nagelsmann was coach of Leipzig...The same folks who ridiculed Nagelsmann are now complaining that Bayern has weakened Leipzig, how exactly? Is Nagelsmann now so good all of a sudden?

Same thing played out last season when I recommended Danny Inngs but he has gone on to do very well for Soton in that period.

The only reason Ole is still the coach here is because we have dropped our standards...Lampard finished in the top 4 without making any signing and reached the FA Cup final last season. This season, he coached Chelsea to reach the UCL knock out and before his sack, Chelsea were still in with a chance to make top 4 but he got the sack nevertheless because Chelsea expected more after the splash in the summer. Now, between last season and this one, we (Man Utd and Chelsea) have spent almost the same amount on player acquisition but suddenly it loos like Chelsea have spent more just because Abramovich shunned sentiments and Lampard was shown the door, nobody talked about the progress made last season or whatever, it was clear he was underachieving with the players at his disposal this season. With Tuchel, Manchester United fans are all of a sudden saying Havertz, Ziyech and James entered the fray yesterday without a drop in quality, who would have said same if Lampard was still in charge?

Mourinho? Before his sack, Spurs were in the Caraboa cup final and were still in with a chance to make the top 4 but the reaction here would make it seem like Spurs were battling relegation. He was sacked regardless but nobody talked about progress made last season or the fact they they stood a strong chance to make top 4 and win a trophy after a long period of time...

We see folks celebrating funny stats here whilst our peers are making tremendous progress towards winning trophies...Next season, we will know truly where we stand when Liverpool have their CB issue sorted out with the return of Gomez and VVD and Chelsea give it another go.
Joezinho:
I love the hypocrisy of these olesexuals and the media.

When mou won it , it was a mickey mouse cup..

But if ole gollum wins it, they wants us to celebrate it and give him more years..

God forbid i celebrate ole winning yorupa league. He should do better than his predecessor.

Nothing more to add.

Thr double standards one sees here are amazing.

The same people calling others "olephobes" are suddenly becoming sanctimonious and upright like they've never insulted anyone before or called anyone any names in defence of their guy.

Then they'll play the victim and start pretending like they're making sense.

I'm not even going to talk about their meows here.

Like someone pointed out, Tuchel is transforming Chelsea into a side that can go at the best without parking the bus.
Ole must field McFred, park the bus then counter attack. His only tactical approach to getting results.

When you complain they say you're insulting them.

The little children in here sef

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

This was my main fear from time. The same way we missed out on a good replacement for Fergie when Klopp and Pep were potentially available, we might lose out on good managers again.

Every time we mentioned Tuchel and Nagelsmann here OleInners with their thin skin would come out and ridicule them. 2 managers that were available and are far better than what we have presently. We want to upgrade players and upgrade owners but we don't want to upgade manager. It is a makanaki something.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:14am On Apr 28, 2021
When it comes to United, rationality just flies out the window!!!

Na here we dey. grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

Ole! Progress!!!

Ole! Progress!!!

Ole! Progress!!!

Have you said your chant this nothing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
Was Mourinho supposed to lose the UEL just because he is bigger than the competition? He came and met us in the UEL and won it for us, the only trophy that was seldom missing in our trophy cabinet.

He won the Caraboa cup and if not for the brilliance of Hazard or better put, the stupidity of Jones, he would have also won the FA Cup all that with the 3rd/4th best squad in the league.

I keep reading excuses that Ole was brought in to stabilize the team, like how badly were we doing compared to Tuchel who took over a struggling Chelsea? Why are we not hearing excuses that Tuchel was brought in to stabilize the ship? Well, it's because he has shown that you can come in and improve the confidence of players whilst still aiming for trophies but here, all we here is process, process, process...If you say Tuchel is a top manager, why then was Ole hired? Is he the first rookie (He isn't even a rookie) to be handed such a role? What experience did Zidane have before his appointment? Can you compare it to Ole's? How about Pep when he was appointed by Barcelona? Why is it that with Ole all we hear is excuses, same excuses that no one put forth for the other managers before him.

Pray tell, seeing what Mourinho achieved in his short spell here and what Ole has achieved thus far, who would you rather back in the transfer market if you called the shots?
That's exactly where you missing it boss. We didn't say he should lose it. We said while that's good that he should win it, that's not the expectation you guys should have of him. Mou is a serial winner and he was expected to bring the glory back to man u by winning the league and doing well in champions league which was lost when Moyes and van gaal was employed. So why everyone is happy for winning the Europa, everyone is looking at the bigger and main price that you guys felt you deserve (EPL and cl) as the top dog of epl. The Europa is just like "make we use this one hold body first"

I can liken it to pochetinno at spurs. When poch was employed, spurs was in turmoil and their standings among the top 6 team(which was the achievement then) was in jeopardy. Poch was employed to restore their pride back, which he did exceedingly. He wasn't a high profile coach like mou or guardiola that he's expected to lead Spurs to challenge for the league. But then he overachieved. He not only challenge for the league, he made spurs a constant top4 material, which was way above their expectations while also playing good football. Notice, those two attributes are one of the standards of a top club (playing good footie and going far in competitions)
Now he took them to final of UCI while also making top 4 and levy thought "this team is good enough to rub shoulder with the best" since he sees poch(who isn't a serial winner BTW) as someone who can't win trophy but has made the team "tropjy-worthy". What he needs to do is to bring a serial winner like mou into the team.

Now Mou expectation during his appointment and Poch expectation during his appointment are two different things. And here is the reason why mou was sacked at his 2nd season and why poch still retained his position at his 2nd season.

I know it's a bit lengthy but I just want you to see where we are coming from

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2021
afrodoc:

This was my main fear from time. The same way we missed out on a good replacement for Fergie when Klopp and Pep were potentially available, we might lose out on good managers again.

Every time we mentioned Tuchel and Nagelsmann here OleInners with their thin skin would come out and ridicule them. 2 managers that were available and are far better than what we have presently. We want to upgrade players and upgrade owners but we don't want to upgade manager. It is a makanaki something.
Elder,
If my memory serves me here, people were laughing at Nagelsmann when we won that game with a freaky flukey scoreline.
A scoreline that was rubbished when they dumped us out of the champions league.
Now those same guys are complaining about Bayern "poaching" him.
Now one person is talking about "rationality flying out of thr window".

Abeg judge the matter.

Is that not foolishness?

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2021
Jodera:
That's exactly where you missing it boss. We didn't say he should lose it. We said while that's good that he should win it, that's not the expectation you guys should have of him. Mou is a serial winner and he was expected to bring the glory back to man u by winning the league and doing well in champions league which was lost when Moyes and van gaal was employed. So why everyone is happy for winning the Europa, everyone is looking at the bigger and main price that you guys felt you deserve (EPL and cl) as the top dog of epl. The Europa is just like "make we use this one hold body first"

I can liken it to pochetinno at spurs. When poch was employed, spurs was in turmoil and their standings among the top 6 team(which was the achievement then) was in jeopardy. Poch was employed to restore their pride back, which he did exceedingly. He wasn't a high profile coach like mou or guardiola that he's expected to lead Spurs to challenge for the league. But then he overachieved. He not only challenge for the league, he made spurs a constant top4 material, which was way above their expectations while also playing good football. Notice, those two attributes are one of the standards of a top club (playing good footie and going far in competitions)
Now he took them to final of UCI while also making top 4 and levy thought "this team is good enough to rub shoulder with the best" since he sees poch(who isn't a serial winner BTW) as someone who can't win trophy but has made the team "tropjy-worthy". What he needs to do is to bring a serial winner like mou into the team.

Now Mou expectation during his appointment and Poch expectation during his appointment are two different things. And here is the reason why mou was sacked at his 2nd season and why poch still retained his position at his 2nd season.

I know it's a bit lengthy but I just want you to see where we are coming from
Mehn, why you no be United fan sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:26am On Apr 28, 2021
hoopLA:

Elder,
If my memory serves me here, people were laughing at Nagelsmann when we won that game with a freaky flukey scoreline.
A scoreline that was rubbished when they dumped us out of the champions league.
Now those same guys are complaining about Bayern "poaching" him.
Now one person is talking about "rationality flying out of thr window".

Abeg judge the matter.

Is that not foolishness?

@bolded
This right here is the foolishness you seek

How does it even relate?

What is the correlation, omoh eh ×2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2021
So from all you read from dayo and le.quete argument, na wetin you conclude be this?

Chia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

Also, nobody according what I know was against Ole being sacked as long as a better manager will take his place. What was being said that Ole shouldn't be sacked for another rookie coach whereby the process will become longer and also he's not justifiable to sack him since his meeting the ambition of the team for making top 4 only to be replaced by another average coach.

Actually, most rookie is not all about age but experience and sense at top level. Ole and guardiola no be mates just cos ole started before guardiola. Else someone like allardyce will be more revered than klopp or zidane.
This is Ole 2nd top job in England and if man u board feels he can't take you guys any further, then he should be sacked and replaced with a better coach (since most people here agree to the fact that the squad is good enough). If this happens, I assure you no supposed "oleiin" fans will bat an eyelid about his sack

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd
‼️

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:

@bolded
This right here is the foolishness you seek

How does it even relate?

What is the correlation, omoh eh ×2
Because you can't read and comprehend doesn't invalidate what I said
It's not my fault that simple English and previous posts fly over your jeans like your fuji playing namesake.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2021
This is the same place we have trolled that pep is ole's pet because of their head to head, but is ole better than pep?

Ole won nagelsmann and we came to troll as normal, but but you took it to heart(we even sighted that nagelsmann high line was his undoing, which he corrected in the second leg).
But but we said ole is better than nagelsmann.....

***I****

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2021
hoopLA:

Because you can't read and comprehend doesn't invalidate what I said
It's not my fault that simple English and previous posts fly over your jeans like your fuji playing namesake.

Please explain to me better, all I hear is stuttering.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2021
KingAlabi:
This is the same place we have trolled that pep is ole's pet because of their head to head, but is ole better than pep?

Ole won nagelsmann and we came to troll as normal, but but you took it to heart(we even sighted that nagelsmann high line was his undoing, which he corrected in the second leg).
But but we said ole is better than nagelsmann.....

***I****
You came to troll abi?

Now that your foolishness has been exposed, it has turned to just trolling.

But you will later accuse people of having an agenda.

Abeg free me of this your early morning amnesia/lunacy.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10020) (10021) (10022) (10023) (10024) (10025) (10026) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Corlah and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.