Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,486 members, 7,850,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838228 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10443) (10444) (10445) (10446) (10447) (10448) (10449) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Some people here may have to be constantly checking their BP this season. It would be nice if some of us here check up on others from time to time. Na to avoid watching the games come check reactions after. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
benji93:
Nigerians are largely not patriotic, especially those in the diaspora. His parents probably told him, play for Nigeria ke. We must all live with the consequences of our decisions.

Thank you. If superstars like Etoo, Drogba and Mane will play for their poor country why Wont saka play for Nigeria. International football is more of patriotism than welfare package. Most of the South American players plays passionately for their countries no minding that we have to most human right abuses and corruption in those places

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Ofcourse. The chances are considerably higher when playing for England.

We’re referring to a team that was a penalty shootout away from winning the European Championship yesterday.

A team that made it to the semifinals of the most recent World Cup tournament.

For all the slack the English team gets, when compared to the Super Eagles, their chances are considerably higher.
Nigeria has won 3 AFCONs come to think of it. Victor Moses has more international trophy than Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes combined
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Ofcourse. The chances are considerably higher when playing for England.

We’re referring to a team that was a penalty shootout away from winning the European Championship yesterday.

A team that made it to the semifinals of the most recent World Cup tournament.

For all the slack the English team gets, when compared to the Super Eagles, their chances are considerably higher.
Na here we dey...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2021
benji93:
Nigerians are largely not patriotic, especially those in the diaspora. His parents probably told him, play for Nigeria ke. We must all live with the consequences of our decisions.

Considering how it is for athletes in the nation, it’s not just worth it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

Nigeria has won 3 AFCONs come to think of it. Victor Moses has more international trophy than Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes combined
I just no want argue...England were defending in front of their fans...Not even Seychelles will do such.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
patrickmuf:
I just no want argue...England were defending in front of their fans...Not even Seychelles will do such.

We always want to talk down on Nigeria. Inferiority complex. I wonder when England started to be serial winners when they have nkt won a pin since 1966 on home soil in a controversial manner

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Atheltes like Okocha, Kanu, Mikel, Osaze, Yobo, Enyeama, Garba Lawal etc abi

Funfact Paul Gascoigne former England hero have filed for bankruptcy since and is living in penury. I wonder where his welfare packege is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

We always want to talk down on Nigeria. Inferiority complex. I wonder when England started to be serial winners when they have nkt won a pin since 1966 on home soil in a controversial manner
Na why I surprise when he talk about grand stage...

The Euros is grand stage but AFCON isn't...Saka stands a better chance of winning with Nigeria than those overrated players...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

Thank you. If superstars like Etoo, Drogba and Mane will play for their poor country why Wont saka play for Nigeria. International football is more of patriotism than welfare package. Most of the South American players plays passionately for their countries no minding that we have to most human right abuses and corruption in those places

I think it all boils down to choice and some personal factors too, which we get to live with.

If I happen to leave Nigeria permanently, I don't think I would allow my offsprings have anything to do with this place. They should be patriotic to their country of birth and development, I dunno sha maybe I m just angry angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

This table you're shaking you sef dey on top oo undecided

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
elrony:

I think it all boils down to choice and some personal factors too, which we get to live with.

If I happen to leave Nigeria permanently, I don't think I would allow my offsprings have anything to do with this place. They should be patriotic to their country of birth and development, I dunno sha maybe I m just angry angry angry angry

No place like home...Even if I leave, I'll still come back home after the hustle...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
elrony:

I think you are angry. Why will you leave Nigeria Permanently? You get relatives for here? Guy East west north south. Home is home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
handelex:
This table you're shaking you sef dey on top oo undecided

Please enlighten me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
patrickmuf:

The Euros is grand stage but AFCON isn't...Saka stands a better chance of winning with Nigeria than those overrated players...

Maybe AFCON of old, no be this one wey be like assembly of low budget criminals grin grin grin

Better to play in the Euros than AFCON bro grin grin

And the grand stage analogy is right, England has a higher chance to win the world cup than Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
patrickmuf:
No place like home...Even if I leave, I'll still come back home after the hustle...

Me too, i will soon relacote to Naija permanently aftwr some years. Home is sweet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
patrickmuf:

Let me leave fess, make I see whether this talk na true really cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
patrickmuf:

Gbam. Euros is to England what Afcon is to Nigeria, just like Copa America is to Argentina or Uruguay. Asian championships is to Korea. No one is more prestigious depending on where your heritage is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
elrony:

Maybe AFCON of old, no be this one wey be like assembly of low budget criminals grin grin grin

And the grand stage analogy is right, England has a higher chance to win the world cup than Nigeria.

How is Euros better than AFCON? How? Nawao. Una sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

I think you are angry. Why will you leave Nigeria Permanently? You get relatives for here? Guy East west north south. Home is home.

Lol omo if the option to not return here surfaces, I'm in. Nigeria don taya me biko cry cry cry

"Home is where the heart is", no be so them talk am?

All these abroad people sef cry cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
As one other person suggested, If those folks can do it, why not us. Please don't come with the it's just not worth it argument. You must think some of these South American countries don't have their national team problems. Most of them still go home regardless. You are making millions for crying out loud. It would be nice if some of us in the diaspora do something tangible to help and not just rant on social media, as most do. Most importantly encourage your kids. Instil patriotism(with some those care grin) in them. For a significant number of diasporans, na village people dey live for Nigeria. In the abroad cheesy after living for a few years the spirit of condescension descends on them. The thing dey pain and vex me at the same time.

Disclaimer: I am not saying it's a wrong decision. For me it's neither right nor wrong. I am not putting money in their pockets.
GloryIsaac:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
elrony:

Lol omo if the option to not return here surfaces, I'm in. Nigeria don taya me biko cry cry cry

"Home is where the heart is", no be so them talk am?

All these abroad people sef cry cry

So chukwueze and Osihmen dem wey come back during holiday to come play street football with area guys nko? Guy dont despise your roots no matter what, thatsy humble advise for you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

How is Euros better than AFCON? How? Nawao. Una sef

AFCON quality don drop, maybe partly related to administration and talent pool sef lipsrsealed

The fanfare ain't what it used to be.

My opinion shà, you might see it differently.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
cool

The real 3 Lions.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

So chukwueze and Osihmen dem wey come back during holiday to come play street football with area guys nko? Guy dont despise your roots no matter what, thatsy humble advise for you

I'm not despising my roots na , no reason am too seriously jorgrin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Oasis007:
cool

The real 3 Lions.

Where is Ole Gunnar SouredthGate? The real lion, just toothless lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2021
It's not better to play in anything. Opari, you don miss penalty, and you don hear wetin those people really feel about you even when you get British passport. For his sake, i hope that makes him stronger. It's a terrible thing to wish anybody bad, especially when they make personal decisions like that.
elrony:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

Please enlighten me
If naija really dey as you're portraying and making it to be, you for no leave her shores in search of a better life undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
Anyways now that Marcus has got his medal, can he now be forced to undergo his medical procedures and start recovery?

I no wan hear injury excuse next season.

Please who has seen Martial? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
benji93:
As one other person suggested, If those folks can do it, why not ours. Please don't come with the it's just not worth it argument. You must think some of these South American countries don't have their national team problems. Most of them still go home regardless. You are making millions for crying out loud. It would be nice if some of us in the diaspora do something tangible to help and not just rant on social media, as most do. Most importantly encourage your kids. Instil patriotism(with some those care grin) in them. For a significant number of diasporans, na village people dey live for Nigeria. In the abroad cheesy after living for a few years the spirit of condescension descends on them. The thing dey pain and vex me at the same time.

Disclaimer: I am not saying it's a wrong decision. For me it's neither right nor wrong. I am not putting money in their pockets.

Leave them na. Go to Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile etc and see how those countries are even Mexico. They have more national deffieciencies than us yet they still go back home and whenever they are representing their country they exude patriotism. If George Weah with all his Ballon dor should chose Liberia thats into war with very despicable leaders then why not these Nigerians abroadians? Etoo, Drogba, Okocha and Kanu are african legends and are recognised as such. So why didnt these people chose foreign countries so they can be secured.
Like i mentioned Gascoigne declared bankruptcy, maybe his playing for England made him eternally rich
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

Patriotism is the reason for international football, thats why Falcoa plays for Colombia that has corruption and human right issues instead of spain. George Weah represented Liberia thats a war torn country during the reign of Charles Taylor. Please lets stop making excuses for people qho have no regards for their fatherland. My son who is born here will play for Nigeria, i will peesuade him.

In most cases, those who choose to play for their motherland do so for these reasons;

1. Not good enough for their adopted team.
2. Good enough but tough competition in adopted team. Means might not get a lot of international caps.

These reasons are at the root of it, the ‘patriotism’ talk is just a deflection.

If a player is assured of his place in the national team of his adopted country, and they have a better chance of going far in the tournament, he will represent them.

Also put into consideration that these adopted countries were the ones who groomed the player. Most start at U13s or U16s I believe.

Ofcourse, there are exceptions to this, but they are rare.

P.S. Falcao would have had to compete with Fernando Torres and David Villa for a starting berth with Spain. Doubt the success rate if he tried in 2007.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Oasis007:
cool

The real 3 Lions.
Imagine for a second Greenwood in place of Saka that missed the deciding spot kick... The hate for United will quadruple cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10443) (10444) (10445) (10446) (10447) (10448) (10449) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.