Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,097 members, 7,867,155 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883876 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:53am On Feb 11, 2015
Good night guys:

FIFA were right in awarding Messi as world cup best afterall.

Whosocored
Messi 9.25
Robben 8.92
James 8.52
Di Maria 8.27
Neymar 8,25

But if na me wan award I go give am to Robben.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 1:09am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:

I think you have forgotten that Van Persie was a lone striker in four matches we played 4-1-4-1, with Mata and Fellaini or Mata and Herrera behind him. I could only remeber he scored just one goal against Chelsea.

Wser Brom 2-2 Mata Herrera Blind behind RVP.
Chelsea 1-1 Mata, Fellaini and Blind
Man City 1-0 Fellaini, Rooney and Blind/Carrick
Palace 1-0 Carrick, Rooney and Fellaini

But he paired with Rooney in a two striker formation and he scored two goals.

We forget too often. We played all our creative players behind RVP against West Brom and Chelsea. We were highly unconvincing against West Brom.

Di Maria
Januzaj
Herrera
Mata
Blind.

Good night finally finally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2015
debosky:
A big top of the long ball table clash tomorrow, I wonder who will lob it forward more. cheesy
Long ball with 60% ball possession
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2015
When we played West Brom with Herrera and Mata in our midfield, flanked by Di Maria and Januzaj. This happened to Herera.

Substituted out at half time for Fellaini(in).
* Pass accuracy was 84% in a match Blind had 93%, Mata 89%
* Key pass 0
* Shot on target 0
* Dispossessed 2
* Unsuccessful touch 1.
* Tackles 0
* Interception 0
* Clearance 0
* Blocked shot 0
* Crossing 0
* Aerial duels won 0

Goal.com worst player of the match choice= Herrera. Although fans picked RVP.

Compared to Fellaini in the second 45 mins with 2 shots on target, 1 goal, 2 key passes, 4 aerial duels won, 3 tackles, 1 interceptions, 3 clearances.

Rating= Fellaini MOTM with 8.33. Herrera 6.02, Mata 6.10
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2015
^^^
No wonder Gaal said he knows his players and people are always fond of calling for those who aren't playing. grin

On Mata: He became the king of long balls. 7 long balls in just 71 mins he played. 0 key pass in 90 mins. 0 cross, 0 shot on target, 0 dribble, 0 interception, 0 clearance, 1 tackle, 0 aerial duel won.

Januzaj
Wasted good crossing chance inside area after weighing up his options and pulled out of a 50-50 in the first half. Did not really beat his man all night, often coming inside to find a team-mate.

di María
Quiet start but put a fine ball in to Van Persie as United looked to reply to early set-back. Smart shot on the turn but Myhill telegraphed it, as with subsequent efforts. Got little joy down the left all in all. Subbed for Young with 15 left.

Herrera
Sloppy very early on, not letting his team clear their lines and was wayward with two attempted through-balls as the half wore on. Subbed at half-time on a poor night.

Mata
Toiled to find space but often went missing in it. Poor free kick over the bar from edge of the area and offered little else. Subbed for Falcao with18 minutes to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2015
elampiro:
When we played West Brom with Herrera and Mata in our midfield, flanked by Di Maria and Januzaj. This happened to Herera.

Substituted out at half time for Fellaini(in).
* Pass accuracy was 84% in a match Blind had 93%, Mata 89%
* Key pass 0
* Shot on target 0
* Dispossessed 2
* Unsuccessful touch 1.
* Tackles 0
* Interception 0
* Clearance 0
* Blocked shot 0
* Crossing 0
* Aerial duels won 0

Goal.com worst player of the match choice= Herrera. Although fans picked RVP.

Compared to Fellaini in the second 45 mins with 2 shots on target, 1 goal, 2 key passes, 4 aerial duels won, 3 tackles, 1 interceptions, 3 clearances.

Rating= Fellaini MOTM with 8.33. Herrera 6.02, Mata 6.10

you also forgot he was playing with a rib injury? why was he rushed back if he's not an important member of the midfield? is this your lame attempt to prove Rooney is better than him as CM?
since Herrera returned, point the match he's not been among the top three players whether as a sub or a starter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:51am On Feb 11, 2015
SailorXY:

you also forgot he was playing with a rib injury? is this your lame attempt to prove Rooney is better than him as CM?
since Herrera returned, point the match he's not been among the top three players whether as a sub or a starter.

How did play with rib injury when Fellaini was on the bench?

Did Mata also have a rib injury that day?

Even if Rooney is not in midfield, Fellaini is ahead of Herrera in selection order. Now Januzaj is now ahead of him.

It's Rooney, Mata and Junazaj before Herrera. So how is Rooney affecting Herrera as you have always claimed.

Herrera has had many anonymous days. We also forget so soon. Same way Januzaj was given a run of games the last time, everyone called he should be dropped. After a while on the bench, Januzaj is suddenly the unused hero to you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:01am On Feb 11, 2015
Long Ball United.

LVG trying to defend the indefensible. grin shocked undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2015
elampiro:

How did play with rib injury when Fellaini was on the bench?

Did Mata also have a rib injury that day?

Even if Rooney is not in midfield, Fellaini is ahead of Herrera in selection order. Now Januzaj is now ahead of him.

It's Rooney, Mata and Junazaj before Herrera. So how is Rooney affecting Herrera as you have always claimed.

Herrera has had many anonymous days. We also forget so soon. Same way Januzaj was given a run of games the last time, every called he should be dropped. After a while on the bench, Januzaj is suddenly the unused hero to you.
you are now swerving all over the asphalt. where did you see Mata or Januzaj in my post? I'm not even talking of who is ahead of who in the team, they all have different styles of play - It's the manager's headache as to who fits his game plan.

we have seen RvP have many anonymous days, same with Rooney, same with Carrick, etc just like we've seen from Ozil, Suarez, Ribery - this is not the point.

the point is that, the midfielders we have currently are all better than Rooney in midfield. I can even tell you that the West Brom game which Herrera was rushed back (we all admitted to the fact that day, you can check previous page) is the only bad day he's had @ office. the guy is the only true box-box midfielder we have. he may not be Hulk Hogan yet, but his urgency to release the ball into attacking areas, his ability to always open up for the ball in tight areas, as well as his willingness to go into crunchy tackles, stand out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Long Ball United.

LVG trying to defend the indefensible. grin shocked undecided
With higher ball possession than the opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:

More on Sneidjer vs Argentina

Pass accuracy of 83% which was one of the worst. No tackle won even when RVP won a tackle and many other players won several tackles.
please pull out his stats from dia match against Mexico ,Costa Rica n Spain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2015
Walahi Angelo Henriquez must come back to Oldtrafford next season..He just keep scoring.
2goals in 2matches alrdy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2015
cool i hope we go ruthless on Burley tonite
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:

More on Sneidjer vs Argentina

Pass accuracy of 83% which was one of the worst. No tackle won even when RVP won a tackle and many other players won several tackles.

leo messi had 80% pass accuracy in this match. you have been telling us how messi was your best player in the tournament but now sneijder is poor on a day he kept more of the ball than your best player.

your half-truths is the reason you get punked here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:58am On Feb 11, 2015
What has Robben and Sneijder got to do with UTD for fvcksakes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
RuuDie:

that's elampawa's new inspiration.
it's his way of diverting attention off rooney's pathetic defensive display against the hammers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
RuuDie:
grin I tire oh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
So lvg went to his conference with papers to prove United play more indirect than West ham, i repeat west ham... ... This dude learnt nothing from mourinho ooooo, his mind games ability z zero. .. ... Haha, soo funny nd dissapointing........ He z soo under pressure to prove he z good..... Welcome to Epl

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
grin if him like make him carry whiteboard/marker go press conference..him must win today n must nt drop below 3rd in the Epl
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
debosky:
A big top of the long ball table clash tomorrow, I wonder who will lob it forward more. cheesy

well......statistics say you are wrong.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2115692_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

surely, united do a lot of long balls but they do an obscene number of short passes too. the 2 stats were merged together to see the ratio of the short passes to the long ones. how many short passes united make before they pass it long......the stats above put united 8th on the log. grin

i am sure if rooney gets injured, the long boring diagonal passes would reduce & we would be top on that list.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Whether or not he was right. LvG just embarrassed himself with that response to Big Sam. Seems like he's cracking under the pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Similar to Rafa's "facts interview". Dare i ask "is it possible Van Gaal has lost his magic touch?" This in no way absolves Moyes of his share of the blame for last season's debacle. However it has to be said that i am not seeing any method to this madness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
Wahz d tym 4 our match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
iheanyi40:
Wahz d tym 4 our match

8:45PM
Evans and McNair in the starting 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
United: De Gea; McNair, Jones, Evans, Rojo; Blind, Rooney, Januzaj, Di Maria; van Persie,
Falcao.

Subs: Valdes, Smalling, Valencia, Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Wilson.

valencia dropped to the bench.

i have the feeling that Di Maria would score tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
oloshious Evans embarassed
is he now ahead of Smalling?? diaris God o Mr van Gaal shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
royale442:
United: De Gea; McNair, Jones, Evans, Rojo; Blind, Rooney, Januzaj, Di Maria; van Persie,
Falcao.
Subs: Valdes, Smalling, Valencia, Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Wilson.
valencia dropped to the bench.
i have the feeling that Di Maria would score tonight.

It's official, van gaal is silly

Win or not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

It's official, van gaal is silly

Win or not
when you stare @ that midfield, you can't even guess what his intentions are angry
van Persie Falcao - not working
Evans of all people get a starting shirt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
SailorXY:

when you stare @ that midfield, you can't even guess what his intentions are angry
van Persie Falcao - not working
Evans of all people get a starting shirt

Asin ehn, I'm getting tired of this man, why he can't start herrara is what I'm confused about
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

Asin ehn, I'm getting tired of this man, why he can't start herrara is what I'm confused about

Blame Falcao.

You can't spend 24 plus mill on a year loan and not play the man....even when it's obvious that he is not good enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
A mad scientist with a clipboard at work.
Just hoping and praying we win with ease tonight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.