Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8758181 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
StarBoard:
Not sure I'd use his lack of English as a reason for his "struggles".
Note that he's been here for like 18 months. Enough time to get the basics for communication. Unless he's telling me he's reluctant to learn the language (and by extension settle down), which I could infer as being his fault.
Agreed he's young, but he's had enough time to settle in and bed with the system. He shoulda adapted by now in my view.

tevez has been in england for how many years? how much english does he speak? aguero? balotelli? how good is their english? instead of you to raise your hands up in tears and admit you have made a wrong call with de gea, you are shamelessly defending the fact that he's crap. look around the premier league, who's been better than de gea this season? we see howlers after howlers every gameweek from seasoned goalies......vorm, ceasar, reina, etc. if de gea had committed the same error cech made that allowed maloney to score this weekend, he would probably be in an underground bunker now hiding from you.

StarBoard:
As per De Gea, the criticism he is getting from the United end is warranted.We do not use the failings of others to justify the failings of our own.
He needs to cut out the errors and give our back-line some confidence.
He is an admirable shot-stopper, only a fool would argue against that, but just top to think of where he would be if he made fewer errors.

the criticism is not warranted, you are just on a witch-hunt, which is quite pathetic.
how do we rate de gea then if we cannot use the failings of others to justify him. you have relentlessly compared de gea to cech(9 yrs premier league experience), reina(9 yrs experience in the premier league) when de gea has made mistakes, now that he's keeping clean sheets, we should not use the failings of others to judge? what kind of doublespeak antics is this one?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
coogar:

tevez has been in england for how many years? how much english does he speak? aguero? balotelli? how good is their english? instead of you to raise your hands up in tears and admit you have made a wrong call with de gea, you are shamelessly defending the fact that he's crap. look around the premier league, who's been better than de gea this season? we see howlers after howlers every gameweek from seasoned goalies......vorm, ceasar, reina, etc. if de gea had committed the same error cech made that allowed maloney to score this weekend, he would probably be in an underground bunker now hiding from you.

And so because TEvez has been in England for 5-6 years, that should excuse De Gea from not learning the basics of the language in less than 18 months.
Go and sit down elsewhere if you don't have anything to say.
I'm getting tired of these childish barbs of yours.
Apparently the left side of your brain still is blocked with concrete.
Cech made which howler?Was that a howler or did Maloney do extremely well to score?
I'm supposing you didn't see the weak punch out your De Gea made against Everton in the first half. Abi that one was Vidic's fault as well.
Please shattap jare.
You don't know it all.
So because everyone is making howlers, De Gea is excused to create howlers?
coogar:
The criticism is not warranted, you are just on a witch-hunt, which is quite pathetic.
how do we rate de gea then if we cannot use the failings of others to justify him. you have relentlessly compared de gea to cech(9 yrs premier league experience), reina(9 yrs experience in the premier league) when de gea has made mistakes, now that he's keeping clean sheets, we should not use the failings of others to judge? what kind of doublespeak antics is this one?

double-speak?
You fool yourself.
Clean sheets against Fulham and Everton, after several games of conceeding silly goals over a four-week peiod.
When all those goalies were having excellent games,where was your best goalie De Gea? Punching to the path of on-rushing strikers every other week.
So because all the children in your neighborhood are yobs, that means its ok for yours to be one abi?
Sometimes I wonder how people take you seriously sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
coogar:

And so because TEvez has been in England for 5-6 years, that should excuse De Gea from not learning the basics of the language in less than 18 months.
Cech made which howler?Was that a howler or did Maloney do extremely well to score?
I'm supposing you didn't see the weak punch out your De Gea made against Everton in the first half. Abi that one was Vidic's fault as well.
Please shattap jare.
You don't know it all.
coogar:
The criticism is not warranted, you are just on a witch-hunt, which is quite pathetic.

double-speak?
You fool yourself.
Clean sheets against Fulham and Everton, after several games of conceeding silly goals over a four-week peiod.
When all those goalies were having excellent games,where was your best goalie De Gea? Punching to the path of on-rushing strikers every other week.
So because all the children in your neighborhood are yobs, that means its ok for yours to be one abi?
Sometimes I wonder how people take you seriously sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Abeg make we talk about CL joor! shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
StarBoard:

you are a buffoon!
see this tool talking about language like its easy to just settle in and start learning - you have been staying in nigeria for 50 yrs, how many languages can you speak fluently apart from your mother tongue and english? it's funny how it's only when vidic is playing that he gets tangled up with de gea. the other defenders know what ball should be the keeper's - vidic is too dumb to let his goalie do his job cos he wants to be a hero all the time. those 2 errors were vidic's -rio, evans, jones and smalling have played more games with de gea than vidic......why haven't we seen similar mistakes when they have been on the pitch. open your eyes instead of ranting like a koala with a soldering iron up it's rectum.

you are such a tool! which weak punch? if he's punching with a crowd in front of him, they would impede him from delivering a monster punch? that's simple logic unless you are a simpleton. so cech didn't make a howler against maloney? why come that far out when he couldn't get to the ball? do you even know what goalkeeping is all about? i think you need
a suction pump to take out the vacuum in your brain cavity!

Please shattap jare.
You don't know it all.

everyone making howlers simply means it's a universal issue with all goalkeepers......it's like blaming a midfielder for misplacing a pass or making a bad tackle. who does not make fouls on the pitch? if every goalie makes errors - why should de gea be different? because he's superman or what?

double-speak?
You fool yourself.

you are still a tool - how many silly goals has de gea conceded or do you watch your own football upside down? your best defence was that maloney was brilliant against cech - however, the strikers scoring against de gea are not brilliant? are you being paid to type idiotic comments today?

So because all the children in your neighborhood are yobs, that means its ok for yours to be one abi? Sometimes I wonder how people take you seriously sef.

there he goes again with colourless conjectures.....
which other goalies made excellent saves? how come united are a dozen points better than their rivals if all these world class goalies are doing their jobs pretty good. for the amount of shots our midfield/defence concede per game, de gea has been excellent and he's by far the best goalie in this division - if de gea made the howler hart made over the weekend, you would strap up n get a one way ticket to manchester so you can kill him.

i know it hurts you so bad united are doing well - 12 points ahead of man city in spite of your moronic predictions the team won't win shyte this season. united have broken their own records already in the amount of points copped so far. this team might get all the sticks from the media and irritants like yourself but they have done pretty well. what a time to make a wrong call about one's team!!!!! in your face, united's weak defence and weak midfield have pissed on your predictions - what are you gonna do now, plastic fan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
adebayo201: Abeg make we talk about CL joor! shocked

I'm not really looking forward to it. I think we're both shaky defensively but their attacking strength from midfield and upfront is a little stronger han ours. I just don't want them to school us like Barca did. In the finals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:07am On Feb 12, 2013
Mr_TA:

I'm not really looking forward to it. I think we're both shaky defensively but their attacking strength from midfield and upfront is a little stronger han ours. I just don't want them to school us like Barca did. In the finals.
united will win the first leg 2-0, remember that cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dyabman(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
CR7 is around the corner ! grin ... De gea should wear double-gloves tonight.. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
rafael would put ronaldo in his pocket.......

united are ready for whatever jose brings to the table....in van persie and rooney, we have the deadliest assault-duo in europe. if fergie chooses the right team, we would beat madrid like we did ac milan at san siro years ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dyabman(m): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
The only reason rafael will try tonight is if you guys pack-the-bus with that rafael won't be exposed but if you dare attack and wanting ball possession then rafael will be sodomized through and through ! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Fergie shuldnt go dia n b too defensive cos dat's goin 2 b detrimental 2 our attack wich is our main weapon. We shuldnt b focused mainly on tryin 2 stop CR7 like we did against Spurs. My 2 main concerns r Evra's defensive errors especially his positionin, n Carrick; can he handle d pace at d mid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dyabman(m): 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Carrick , cleverly , valencia , rooney, will all be chasing these players around but when they gets the ball , its a foul grin , frustrated manutd tonight ! wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
First 20 minutes would be crucial! Beware of the blitzkrieg!! I also think too much noise is being made about Ronaldo. Mesut Ozil is who you should be worried about! Madrid can get away with Ozil playing average against weak opposition but against the big boys he has to show up or Madrid are toast!
Madrid are too defensively poor not to concede the key would be how much Utd can capitalize! It might go down to who scores more on their opponent's homeground
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
I am supporting Man Utd for this

because a firing Man utd would be easier for Bayern to beat than a firing madrid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Team: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Jones, Kagawa, Carrick, Welbeck, Rooney, Van Persie.
Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Cleverley, Hernandez.

We will be lucky to snatch a scoring draw. This line-up looks more interested in limiting Madrid, than even trying to play to our own strengths.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
De Gea in #BeastMode tonight tho it has to be said
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
May sopona strike down anyone who comes to this thread to rubbish de gea's ability
Dude is in superman mode tonight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
he's the best goalkeeper we have ever had by a long distance.......he has the reflex and the agility of a tabby cat. the coentrao chance was almost sneaking in but de gea acrobatically kept it out! he saved us tonight - the dude is a legend already!

an away draw with an away goal - i cannot ask for more
although the oliver twist in me wanted a win in the last 5 mins when van persie missed 3 good chances and that old geek, giggs hesitated to shoot from 10 yards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Orishirishi tongue abeg oga coogar na parking d bus or na parking d ship una play 2day? Pls, do well to rain insults on ur yet unborn kids tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Where r those DDG critics?! Gud wk 4rm Jones n Rafael n gud away goal. We nid 2 wk hard again 4 d 2nd leg n Rooney shuld step up his game. Can sum1 tell me y AV shuld bench Nani? N pls dnt tell me cos of his defensive abilities cos i didnt see it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Not a bad result.
Game still in the balance...tie is far from over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
diggz: Orishirishi tongue abeg oga coogar na parking d bus or na parking d ship una play 2day? Pls, do well to rain insults on ur yet unborn kids tongue

i won't even dignify a goat like yourself with a reply - you don't belong in the elite class, go and have a wankfest with your fellow europa league bastards on the liverpool thread!

chrisley024: Where r those DDG critics?! Gud wk 4rm Jones n Rafael n gud away goal. We nid 2 wk hard again 4 d 2nd leg n Rooney shuld step up his game. Can sum1 tell me y AV shuld bench Nani? N pls dnt tell me cos of his defensive abilities cos i didnt see it!

phil jones and kagawa were the ones who didn't pull their weights for me. jones was supposed to do the hatchet job but he did nothing - he was chasing shadows throughout - fergie decided to play so narrow - cos he trusted his centre-halves to deal with any aerial assault but ronaldo was too clever to isolate the diminutive evra at the far post!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
chamotex: Not a bad result.
Game still in the balance...tie is far from over.

The 2nd leg is gonna be thunderous as Madrid is not a team that would sit down and allow a team, any team to dominate them, and since it's old trafford MAN U know they have the home advantage. Its gonna be explosive.

The midfield was a little timid going forward as if we lacked the confidence to hurt them. I would have loved to see cleverly in this game. Kagawa did not help us at all.

DDG is a monster!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
coded guy:

The 2nd leg is gonna be thunderous as Madrid is not a team that would sit down and allow a team, any team to dominate them, and since it's old trafford MAN U know they have the home advantage. Its gonna be explosive.

The midfield was a little timid going forward as if we lacked the confidence to hurt them. I would have loved to see cleverly in this game. Kagawa did not help us at all.

DDG is a monster!!

Kagawa was minus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
@Coogar, cut Jones some slack. the guy did what he was asked to do in the first half, which was to track Ozil & in the second half, which was to track Ronaldo. great game he had to be honest! Giggs should have buried this game, that chance was a straight forward goal for me, no need for any fancy flick #8H!T. RVP was unlucky. i think we will go through @ old trafford. the reason the ref ended the game that way is beyond me, fcukin prikc! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
Talk about a home town referee. No free kick or card for Varane's clear foul, needless yellow cards to multiple United players and none to Madrid and then blowing before the expiration of injury time when we had a corner kick. We had better get an official that will favor us in the return leg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Welbeck killed it today am surprised nobody is singing his praise,rafeal well considering who he was up against wasn't to bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
montelik: Talk about a home town referee. No free kick or card for Varane clear foul, needless yellow cards to multiple United players and none to Madrid and then blowing before the expiration of injury time when we had a corner kick. We had better get an official that will favor us in the return leg.

what do you expect from a german referee - he had the 1999 champions league final in mind - he was sure united would score from that corner.

van persie's misses haunt me like crazy.......how dare he? ryan giggs with a clear sight on goal decided to run the ball to the bye-line, what a twit!!!! overall, united were not bad and we didn't need an £80m player to get a goal...........ruudie won't post for another 3 weeks cos his nemesis is now united's hero at the bernebau!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
I tot DW was on point today . . . gud game from him . . . . DDG one word #outstanding
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2013

what a save!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
coogar:

what do you expect from a german referee - he had the 1999 champions league final in mind - he was sure united would score from that corner.

van persie's misses haunt me like crazy.......how dare he? ryan giggs with a clear sight on goal decided to run the ball to the bye-line, what a twit!!!! overall, united were not bad and we didn't need an £80m player to get a goal...........ruudie won't post for another 3 weeks cos his nemesis is now united's hero at the bernebau!

Giggs was hesitant of using his right foot, which is unfortunate considering he scored with his right just this weekend. RVP may score some cracking goals, but he racks up an alarmingly high number of bad misses. As for Ruudie, he will just call it a fluke, like he did Welbeck's flicked goals last summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Good game. Strong performance but we really should have taken one of our chances in the 2nd half. We need to play the same way in the 2nd leg unfortunately but just need to take our chances. Ddg was very good tonight. Happy for him. Welbeck was also very good. Shame he ran out of steam. Rooney didn't work in the system and Kagawa was very poor. Everyone else was excellent, thou rafael had a poor first half. Overall, I'm happy with the performance but a little gutted about the missed chances as we had the better clear cut chances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: segzysexy(m), zeusis(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.