Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8772307 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2807) (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) ... (14173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
olabode89:

Hahahahaha!

You are so fooolish! Seme is a border town between Naija and Benin Republic..... kai this guy na President Buhari sha o!

Na cotton wool dey inside your cranium?
What's the slowpoke even talking about?
How does Olori agbon correlate with Seme?
What a cursed fool!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2016
Leyqute:

Elamps, where do you think is the best position for the lad?

Too early to say. But with his energy and jumping power, I will like him as a CB.

He might also be good as a DM. He has high tackling rate. But it is too young to be played as a DM, his passing might be a problem. He is also a good full back.

Let’s keep watching this guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:54am On Apr 19, 2016
elampiro:

Too early to say. But with his energy and jumping power, I will like him as a CB.

He might also be good as a DM. He has high tackling rate. But it is too young to be played as a DM, his passing might be a problem. He is also a good full back.

Let’s keep watching this guy.

I think he can start out as a CB and then proceed to be a DM later on. He's decent when attacking and defends well. I think he still needs to develop that alertness when in the middle of the field plus improve on his passing.

We only have to wait and hope he isn't mismanaged like the rest. Can you believe Januzaj will be where he is at the moment 2 years ago?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Leyqute:

I think he can start out as a CB and then proceed to be a DM later on. He's decent when attacking and defends well. I think he still needs to develop that alertness when in the middle of the field plus improve on his passing.

We only have to wait and hope he isn't mismanaged like the rest. Can you believe Januzaj will be where he is at the moment 2 years ago?

If he plays in Centre back for one or two full seasons, the only place he will be able to play afterwards is full back.

If his best position is DM, he should be developed there. He can go play defence when occasion warrants. But if he developed as a defender, his latent skills required to excel at the more advanced positions would just die.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2016
De Telegraaf in Holland state that Manchester United currently have fewer points than the club ever had after 33 rounds of play in the Premier League. However, the Dutchman seems to be firmly in the saddle. In any case stronger than David Moyes two years ago.

At that time the club had after 33 matches 57 points. The criticism of Moyes, who had the thankless task to follow up on the successful, Sir Alex Ferguson, was immense.

Van Gaal and United play Crystal Palace next and the 64-year-old Dutchman seems despite several storms earlier this season not having to fear a similar scenario as Moyes.

Van Gaal won the last five home games with his team, something no other club this season managed in the Premier League.

[Source: telgraaf.nl #MUFC #LVG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2016
Marcus Rashford is reportedly close to signing a new contract.

According to TransferMarketWeb, the 18-year-old is set to put pen to paper on fresh terms worth nearly £14,000-a-week.

He is about to enter the final 12 months of his current deal and United have been keen to tie him down following his stunning breakthrough.

Rashford, who currently earns £1,500-a-week and pockets a £5,000 bonus per first-team appearance has hit seven goals in 12 games since making his debut in the Europa League win over FC Midtjylland in February.

[Source: TransferMarketWeb, Daily Star] #MUFC #Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:29am On Apr 19, 2016
elampiro:

If he plays in Centre back for one or two full seasons, the only place he will be able to play afterwards is full back.

If his best position is DM, he should be developed there. He can go play defence when occasion warrants. But if he developed as a defender, his latent skills required to excel at the more advanced positions would just die.

Are you saying you've never seen a player start out as CB and then end up as a good DM?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Kane! Kane! Kane!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:32am On Apr 19, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Kane! Kane! Kane!

This one wey u dey shout Kane so na who u wan flog or na u dem dey flog self?

I get u man,that guy is on fire! If he stays injury free next season and still replicates his form,DAT mad Levy fit put 500million price tag for the boy head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2016
Lol

Kagawa10 could be silly when defending LVG, but he's right on this.

Rashford has better off the Ball movement than Martial as a striker.
Just see all of Rashford's goals this season.
He is just at the right place at the right time unlike Martial who almost always get nullified as a striker, and has to drop back to make an impact.

Martial also takes too many touches before shooting too which isn't great for a number 9. Many fans are angry with Martial for this already.
Compare this to Rashford who hits the target without complicating a chance by touching the ball too many times.

So yes! Rashford has better instincts as a striker.

This doesn't mean Rashford is better overall than Martial.

Though, I think Martial will be more devastating as a striker if he played in a team that sees much of the ball and plays real attacking football and he doesn't have to rely on just positioning alone, but free flowing moves.

Even Depay has Great movement as a winger (IMO better than Martial), just that he just can't seem to ever do anything productive when he gets the ball.

Depay's positioning is actually very threatening, but his end product makes this go unrecognized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2016
But why is it even up for debate who the better striker is?

At Monaco, Martial played mostly on the left. For United mostly on the left. For France, mostly on the left. In fact, Martial is so untrusted as a 9 that Ashley Young was preferred in that position to him.

Why is it so hard to believe that Rashford is the better 9...especially when he is currently the top striker in team?

Any excuse for insults I guess...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2016
Just get LvG out @ the end of this season, let's assess the true quality of our collection.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2016
SailorXY:
Just get LvG out @ the end of this season, let's assess the true quality of our collection.
This is his last season here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2016
Nihilist:

At Monaco, Martial played mostly on the left. For United mostly on the left. For France, mostly on the left. In fact, Martial is so untrusted as a 9 that Ashley Young was preferred in that position to him.

Why is it so hard to believe that Rashford is the better 9...especially when he is currently the top striker in team?

exactly....

martial being played as a 9 would amount to 'under utilising' him. his skills are at best use when he plays as a left wing forward. rashford with the way he is going might end up being as good as kane.....if only he can be trusted with being an almost permanent starter like kane is doing for spurs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
Breaking:PSG have approached Jose Mourinho to become their new manager this summer.(Source: Skysports)
Man utd are you watching?
Woodward and co are you watching?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Breaking:PSG have approached Jose Mourinho to become their new manager this summer.(Source: Skysports)
He will likely prefer England. France will be lonely for him unless he doesn't want challenge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
chrisley024:
He will likely prefer England. France will be lonely for him unless he doesn't want challenge.
Yeah, you are right, but I don't want him @united!!!
I pray he doesn't join you guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dongorgon5:
30+ points difference! Why are they looking for another manager? If I were di Maria, I'd not particularly be happy with myself right now.
That league is a disgrace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
SailorXY:

30+ points difference! Why are they looking for another manager? If I were di Maria, I'd not particularly be happy with myself right now.
That league is a disgrace.
Lol, you are asking why they want another manager, after been dumped out of europe by city.
They want to Conquer europe by wining U.C.L, and I don't think Blanc will give them that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dongorgon5:

someone once told me that sir alex appointed moyesi cause he knew he would fail,that sir alex doesnt want any other coach to b as good as him at united....now that psg is looking to appoint mou,im sure those old men bobby charlton and alex wud b happy... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nihilist:

Talking of Young being preferred by LvG is not a point if you're trying to make sense. We all know LvG is bordering on lunacy.
~ this is the same man that was persistent with Fellaini/Carrick pivot despite dropping easy points like hot potatoes when he had Schneiderlin/Herrera on the bench ~
~ the very same man who introduces defenders for strikers when we are chasing a game & introduces strikers for defenders when we need to close shop ~
~ the same man who moves Martial from LW to RW when he's the only live wire in a game to accommodate Memphis ~
The list is endless but if you are here to mock us you fit start from "e no go better for you", we go understand you better.

I read an article somewhere detailing how Rashford has shown more rare potential in front of goal than Martial. Of this there's no doubt but let me point out here that not every player develop @ same pace regardless of raw skill.

A classic example is Rooney & Ronaldo. Many can argue that Rooney possessed the finer eye in front of goal than Ronaldo when they were newly both under SAF.
Their development trajectory saw Rooney hone his skills more of a support forward & Ronaldo more of finisher. In fact Ronaldo turned out as one of the greatest goal scorers the world will ever see irrespective of his position on the pitch.

Yet nothing suggest Martial & Rashford can't develop a strike partnership akin to Cole & Yorke. I know it's rare you see -2- strikers these days but Suarez/Sturridge come to mind. It is a possibility as long as a manager can improvise & both players are not exactly "hyenas" (in elampiro's voice).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
dubylhover:

someone once told me that sir alex appointed moyesi cause he knew he would fail,that sir alex doesnt want any other coach to b as good as him at united....now that psg is looking to appoint mou,im sure those old men bobby charlton and alex wud b happy... undecided undecided undecided
You seriously don't believe that, do you?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
dubylhover:

That's not true!!!
Sir alex wants the best for united!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
SailorXY:

You seriously don't believe that, do you?

kagawa10 says he is firmly behind lvg and wants him to continue,sir alex says d same thing...most pipo called kagawa a troll...but tbh anyone that wants lvg to continue doesnt want d best for united

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Lol, you are asking why they want another manager, after been dumped out of europe by city.
They want to Conquer europe by wining U.C.L, and I don't think Blanc will give them that.
Mourinho will only win them the league & whatever domestic cup they enter before falling out with mad-men like himself in the squad & board.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
SailorXY:

Talking of Young being preferred by LvG is not a point if you're trying to make sense. We all know LvG is bordering on lunacy.
~ this is the same man that was persistent with Fellaini/Carrick pivot despite dropping easy points like hot potatoes when he had Schneiderlin/Herrera on the bench ~
~ the very same man who introduces defenders for strikers when we are chasing a game & introduces strikers for defenders when we need to close shop ~
~ the same man who moves Martial from LW to RW when he's the only live wire in a game to accommodate Memphis ~
The list is endless but if you are here to mock us you fit start from "e no go better for you", we go understand you better.

I read an article somewhere detailing how Rashford has shown more rare potential in front of goal than Martial. Of this there's no doubt but let me point out here that not every player develop @ same pace regardless of raw skill.

A classic example is Rooney & Ronaldo. Many can argue that Rooney possessed the finer eye in front of goal than Ronaldo when they were newly both under SAF.
Their development trajectory saw Rooney hone his skills more of a support forward & Ronaldo more of finisher. In fact Ronaldo turned out as one of the greatest goal scorers the world will ever see irrespective of his position on the pitch.

Yet nothing suggest Martial & Rashford can't develop a strike partnership akin to Cole & Yorke. I know it's rare you see -2- strikers these days but Suarez/Sturridge come to mind. It is a possibility as long as a manager can improvise & both players are not exactly "hyenas" (in elampiro's voice).

I'm not particularly sure what this epistle has to do with Rashford being a better striker than Martial though...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
dubylhover:

kagawa10 says he is firmly behind lvg and wants him to continue,sir alex says d same thing...most pipo called kagawa a troll...but tbh anyone that wants lvg to continue doesnt want d best for united
I don't expect SAF to criticize in the open cuz of the obvious effect.
What I didn't expect also was public backing, whether political motives or to calm nerves of LvG.

The clearer picture will be up by May.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
diggz:

This one wey u dey shout Kane so na who u wan flog or na u dem dey flog self?

I get u man,that guy is on fire! If he stays injury free next season and still replicates his form,DAT mad Levy fit put 500million price tag for the boy head.

Yh. Right now he's arguably the best CF in EPL after Aguero of course. And considering its just his 2nd season of top flight football, that's pretty impressive....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nihilist:
I'm not particularly sure what this epistle has to do with Rashford being a better striker than Martial though...
In other words it's not cast in stones @ this stage of their respective careers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
SailorXY:

I don't expect SAF to criticize in the open cuz of the obvious effect.
What I didn't expect also was public backing, whether political motives or to calm nerves of LvG.

The clearer picture will be up by May.

yea exactly,didnt expect d public backing.....before may,psg might appoint mou and we wud officially become liverpool...only that liverpool is moving forward with klopp while united is regressing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Lol.
You must be really optimistic if you think United will sack LVG in May.

Any serious club would be rid of him already.

He's not going to be fired. Deal with it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
SailorXY:

Mourinho will only win them the league & whatever domestic cup they enter before falling out with mad-men like himself in the squad & board.
Lol, you can never tell.
He may win the treble with them, but I don't think he will go to that useless league.
He wants united move.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2807) (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) ... (14173) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), TrebleChamp(m), hatakekakashi, Oasis007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.