Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8772551 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (14173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Elxandre:
Lol

Kagawa10 could be silly when defending LVG, but he's right on this.

Rashford has better off the Ball movement than Martial as a striker.
Just see all of Rashford's goals this season.
He is just at the right place at the right time unlike Martial who almost always get nullified as a striker, and has to drop back to make an impact.

Martial also takes too many touches before shooting too which isn't great for a number 9. Many fans are angry with Martial for this already.
Compare this to Rashford who hits the target without complicating a chance by touching the ball too many times.

So yes! Rashford has better instincts as a striker.

This doesn't mean Rashford is better overall than Martial.

Though, I think Martial will be more devastating as a striker if he played in a team that sees much of the ball and plays real attacking football and he doesn't have to rely on just positioning alone, but free flowing moves.

I agree with your submission as well as that of Kagawa10's on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
cool
A BLAST FROM THE PAST: SEBASTIAN VERON!

www.football365.com/news/veron-reveals-why-he-struggled-at-man-united

I actually enjoyed having him at united!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
smiley smiley

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Manchester United under 21s have won their league with 2 games to spare with Varela scoring a 93rd min winner at white Hart lane.

Congrats to them

Meanwhile we can move within 2 points of city if we win tomorrow.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mancity have conceded 34 goals in the epl this season, no side in the top 4 has conceded more.
Mancity back 4 only won 29% of their tackles against newcastle.
How they will beat madrid with that porous defence is what I'm waiting for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
People for this thread get no chill sha. The last time i saw this was pre-coogar era
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Leyqute:

Are you saying you've never seen a player start out as CB and then end up as a good DM?

Give names.

And I was talking generally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pelvicky(m): 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Mancity have conceded 34 goals in the epl this season, no side in the top 4 has conceded more.
Mancity back 4 only won 29% of their tackles against newcastle.
How they will beat madrid with that porous defence is what I'm waiting for.
how did they beat PSG??

Madrid are not that good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
Let's go win our match tomorrow. We need to move within 3 points of over taking City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Can we have Herrera and Schneirderlin in our midfield?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hope Bolasie doesn't do something stu.pid tomorrow...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
pelvicky:
how did they beat PSG??

Madrid are not that good
The likes of veratti, matuidi and another key player didn't play against city.
And you can't compare psg attact with madrid attack.
They can beat madrid, but they must fix that leaky defence against ronaldo and co.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
elampiro:
Let's go win our match tomorrow. We need to move within 3 points of over taking City.
Like seriously dude, you still believe you guyz are going to get into top 4 with your performnce this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:17am On Apr 20, 2016
Dongorgon5:
The likes of veratti, matuidi and another key player didn't play against city.
And you can't compare psg attact with madrid attack.
They can beat madrid, but they must fix that leaky defence against ronaldo and co.
Stop giving silly excuses for PSG. City were the better team over the 2 legs and deserved to go through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 12:21am On Apr 20, 2016
GBR1:

Stop giving silly excuses for PSG. City were the better team over the 2 legs and deserved to go through.
Do you know how important veratti and matuidi is in that psg team
You don't know the meaning of silly excuse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:43am On Apr 20, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Do you know how important veratti and matuidi is in that psg team
You don't know the meaning of silly excuse.
make una no start fight.

dongorgon the better team won don't make excuses for PSG.
even on paper psg team without those two guys one of which played the first leg by the way still look stronger than city.
I don't remember kompany playing for city in both legs and they still manage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:13am On Apr 20, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Like seriously dude, you still believe you guyz are going to get into top 4 with your performnce this season

If we win tonight, you will begin to see that Manchester United can finish top 4. I pray Gaal doesn't play both Fellaini and Carrick.

Rashford, our goal machine, will be given a rest today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:38am On Apr 20, 2016
elampiro:

If we win tonight, you will begin to see that Manchester United can finish top 4. I pray Gaal doesn't play both Fellaini and Carrick.

Rashford, our goal machine, will be given a rest today
for who? angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Hope Bolasie doesn't do something stu.pid tomorrow...
Exactly... That flank ehn... Him, Cabaye and Zaha are their point men. Hopefully we'll contain them...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:01am On Apr 20, 2016
undecided

THE FUCKERY: LVG?

www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10250506/lvg-man-utd-close-to-tottenham-despite-12-point-gap

I think this man even makes more foolish statements than moyes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:20am On Apr 20, 2016
elampiro:

Give names.

And I was talking generally.

Okay. Since we're talking generally. What about G. Bale? LB to LW/RW. Even your Jones who started out as a defender almost blossomed into a midfielder under Fergie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2016
funlord:
undecided

www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10250506/lvg-man-utd-close-to-tottenham-despite-12-point-gap

i swear..thats what i hate most about him...silly statements..this man smokes crack walayi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2016
parrotibaba:
Manchester United under 21s have won their league with 2 games to spare with Varela scoring a 93rd min winner at white Hart lane.

Congrats to them

What was the final score? I know the first half ended 2-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2016
shocked

CHAI!

"Until the 70th minute against spurs 'I THINK' we were the better team. But then a mis-communication by our defenders led to a 3-0 defeat. So I don’t think there is a lot of distance between Tottenham and Manchester United but the distance is in points. They have won more, they are scoring more and that’s because they have more creative players.”

LVG in the guardian..........................

So "herrera, bastian, rooney, ashley young, mata, lingard, martial, perreira or even carrick" are no more creative players?

I wonder whose fault that is?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:24am On Apr 20, 2016
Allow him sack himself with his mouth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 20, 2016
funlord:
shocked

CHAI!

"Until the 70th minute against spurs 'I THINK' we were the better team. But then a mis-communication by our defenders led to a 3-0 defeat. So I don’t think there is a lot of distance between Tottenham and Manchester United but the distance is in points. They have won more, they are scoring more and that’s because they have more creative players.”

LVG in the guardian..........................

So "herrera, bastian, rooney, ashley young, mata, lingard, martial, perreira or even carrick" are no more creative players?

I wonder whose fault that is?

Lvg is just a Head of Youth development angry angry , when we signed Di Maria and Falcao, the equation was suppose to be complete ( esp with the cross and nod tactics) but the philosopher wont accept that angry .... signed Bastian and the same story again angry ...
Truth is, no already made player would shine at Old Trafford with the philosopher in charge angry .....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2016
funlord:
undecided

Problem is we tend to drop points anytime he spews these trash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3548677/Don-t-let-Marcus-Rashford-end-collateral-damage-Manchester-United.html

Read the Man Utd part of that article and see why:

1. Rooney needs to leave if Rashford will have any chance to succeed with a new quality striker acquired in the summer. It's coz of Rooney that Martial was moved to LW to accommodate his tiring legs.

2. Januzaj MAYBE didn't get enough chance to succeed at Utd.

3. And why we need a Mourinho-esque manager (not necessary Mourinho but someone with balls) to be able to bench Rooney for Rashford to have a good chance of succeeding. LVG is powerless when it comes to Rooney. I don't mind Rooney getting injured before tonight's match, I don't fancy him in our starting line-up. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
Leyqute:

Okay. Since we're talking generally. What about G. Bale? LB to LW/RW. Even your Jones who started out as a defender almost blossomed into a midfielder under Fergie.

Rare cases. But Bale was quickly converted once his attacking prowess was discovered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
weedtaker:
for who? angry

Rashford is not starting tonight. He is being kept fresh for the FA Cup this weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
elampiro:

Rashford is not starting tonight. He is being kept fresh for the FA Cup this weekend.
to bad, rooney would lead the line in tonight's game, he was decent in de no.10 role, thought he would play same role tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
weedtaker:
to bad, rooney would lead the line in tonight's game, he was decent in de no.10 role, thought he would play same role tonight.

I think all our remaining games are important. The league games are more important because there is a great chance of overtaking City. Well, let's pray we win tonight.

But I don't think Rashford is being dropped for Rooney. I think it's a normal move by Gaal. Even SAF use to rest Rooney ahead of important fixtures. Lingard is the easiest man to drop from the current line up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (14173) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m), stulp16 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.